Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

I have completely blacked out this info from my sight since early May and I have to say I feel better.
    I rarely check it anymore either tbh. I kind of feel that if anything significant happens I will hear about it.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• With the weather nice and people being sent back to work now, I wonder how many people are suddenly heading off to be tested with the hope of some extra time off work.
      1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

Comment

• Finally people over 40 will be able to book an appointment for vaccine on Monday. Sadly, most people prefer Sinovac here, i hope i will be able to find Sinovac as well. I won't have Biontech, so i might wait until sufficient doses of Sinovac vaccines arrive here.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          Finally people over 40 will be able to book an appointment for vaccine on Monday. Sadly, most people prefer Sinovac here, i hope i will be able to find Sinovac as well. I won't have Biontech, so i might wait until sufficient doses of Sinovac vaccines arrive here.
          Welcome back legend. I missed you a million

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Welcome back legend. I missed you a million
            Same here, took a much needed break
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Same here, took a much needed break
              Whatever you needed King. That other annoyance has also been removed.

Comment

• A guy i know who was 43 and had no underlying illness died after battling covid. You might beat the virus but the body and organs get tired after a while and he got a clot in his lungs and his heart stopped. He had two young daughters. I also lost a friend who was 50 because of covid. This is a pandemic and it's effecting everyone so people who choose not to get vaccinated should have their lives limited to their homes, they should not be allowed in public places, this is not the time to be selfish. You might not choose Biontech vaccine, fine, there's Astra Zeneca, there's Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik, Coronavac, etc. Any type of vaccine will protect you and others from this virus. Just how much depends on you and the vaccine you choose. But still, even the worse one is better than not getting vaccinated. Sorry for the rant.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

To be honest, I'm probably too self-centered to accept causing harm to my body if it doesn't lead to my personal benefit but solely to society's.
                  This is one of the worst comments I have seen in this thread to be frank. And there have been quite a few I have rolled my eyes at.

Comment

• The Covid incidence has dropped to below 20 in Germany.

jio : Are you still doing the 14-day-icidence update for Europe?
                    Pro: freedom of speech
                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      The Covid incidence has dropped to below 20 in Germany.

jio : Are you still doing the 14-day-icidence update for Europe?
                      I am unless people don't want to...
                      jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• European new 14-days infection rates per 100 000 from lowest (#1) to highest (#31) (no micro-states): UPDATE
                        1.(1) Malta
                        2.(2) Iceland
                        3.(3) Romania
                        4.(5) Poland
                        5.(4) Finland
                        6.(8) Hungary
                        7.(7) Bulgaria
                        8.(11) Czechia
                        9.(14) Germany
                        10.(12) Austria
                        12.(13) Italy
                        14.(6) United Kingdom
                        22.(17) Spain
                        23.(31) France
                        27.(27) Belgium
                        28.(24) Greece
                        29.(28) Latvia
                        30.(29) Netherlands
                        31.(26) Denmark

jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                          Yeah first dose was Pfizer, second dose too.

Ready to be connected to the 5G.

So much better than those 4G chips they put in our drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            I don’t know anyone who’s had Moderna!
                            My sis had Moderna and her right arm was useless for like 2 days. But I think this happens with all the vaccines if they hit a nerve.

Comment

• From the BBC.

Covid cases in the UK are not heading in the right direction and data suggests there will be a further rise soon, says chief executive of the UK Health Security Agency Dr Jenny Harries.

"We are progressing, probably as a country, not quite in the right direction that we would all want to," she told a Royal Society of Medicine webinar.

"Cases are rising, I think that is becoming clearer and modelling does suggest that we would start to see a further rise, not necessarily immediately but in coming weeks."

The latest Public Health England data shows case rates in England have risen in almost every age group, with the highest rise among people in their 20s.

Dr Harries said older people were not getting ill because they have had two jabs, while those in hospital have either only had one dose or are unvaccinated.

She said the virus is "not going to go away", with factors including a possible drop in vaccine effectiveness against new variants and a "large reservoir" of people who can transmit it.

Comment

• The question is, if we are at this stage of the vaccination roll out (including a huge proportion of those in vulnerable categories) and we can’t ease things back to normal, then what is the next plan? Do we just keep going backwards and forwards?
                                1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                  The question is, if we are at this stage of the vaccination roll out (including a huge proportion of those in vulnerable categories) and we can’t ease things back to normal, then what is the next plan? Do we just keep going backwards and forwards?
                                  I don't think they will shut anything that has already been opened, but they may delay the june 21st part.

Comment

• At some point, there will have to be a cut of date, say enough and just carry on. Because this can't go on all year and into next year.
                                    If another new variant comes and really powerful, then the vaccine would have to be tweaked and everyone would have to be vaccinated again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                                      At some point, there will have to be a cut of date, say enough and just carry on. Because this can't go on all year and into next year.
                                      If another new variant comes and really powerful, then the vaccine would have to be tweaked and everyone would have to be vaccinated again.
                                      Well I mean we are going to need boosters anyway. Corona is probably going to be seasonal once it all settles down and the vaccines we are getting now wont last forever.

Dont mean to be negative but we are already heading for mid June. There is not going to be "complete normality" this year.

Comment

• Today, two of my fellow workers said that they aren't getting vaccinated. One even referred to herself as anti-vaccinator ('Querdenker'). This makes a total of three co-workers of mine who have openly announced to definitely reject the vaccination (rather than being 'unsure' about it).
                                        The same amount either has already received the vaccination or definitely wants to get it. Don't know about the others.

Comment

• Such a co-incidence that all your "fellow workers" and "family friends" happen to be people who don't believe in Corona, the vaccine or think it's a hoax.
                                          Are you sure you are not just expressing your own feelings here ? Also if these people do in fact, exist, you seem to be involved in an awful lot of health status discussion for someone who, you know, thinks that stuff should be private between the person and their doctor
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Thu June 10, 2021, 20:40.

Comment

• I don't see any issue with my previous post. I didn't ask them about their opinion on the vaccination or their medical situation. They decided to announce it all by themselves. They didn't require me to keep it a secret, and I didn't mention any of their personal data. Besides, I would never lie on here.

Comment

• They should be careful as maybe customers will be unwilling to go to a restaurant staffed by a crew of non vaccinated staff. Could be bad for business if it gets out.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                They should be careful as maybe customers will be unwilling to go to a restaurant staffed by a crew of non vaccinated staff. Could be bad for business if it gets out.
                                                That's true but I can't help but wondering why the vaccinated should be afraid of the non-vaccinated. Shouldn't it be the other way round, since vaccinated can still spread to a certain degree and non-vaccinated (unlike vaccinated) can still get seriously sick? So if an unvaccinated person is willing to take the risk, why should the vaccinated bother? Seriously I don't get it

Comment

• I had to go all Karen and complain to Tesco today after a trip out. Literally 90% of the staff weren't wearing face masks and those that were had their noses hanging out. Plus the bulk majority of customers were not giving a shit either. Came home and rang up to complain. Felt better for it though. Go Karens

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                                    I had to go all Karen and complain to Tesco today after a trip out. Literally 90% of the staff weren't wearing face masks and those that were had their noses hanging out. Plus the bulk majority of customers were not giving a shit either. Came home and rang up to complain. Felt better for it though. Go Karens
                                                    Sometimes a dose of Karen is needed.

Facemasks are fading by the week, the shops really don’t care anymore do they? What did they say?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X