No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the mask still obligatory around where you live, Thombus ? In my country, it still pretty much is, though there are discussions whether to relieve the masks in certain outdoor places and schools. I know that the US relieved the mask rule in many settings.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Thombus
      Thombus commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah still very much required indoors, especially in supermarkets. I think the nearer we get to the 21st June (supposed freedom Day), the less people are complying.

• I bought a VYZA this week, which helps people be able to see my mouth when I'm speaking

Instatilly-8_1200x1200.jpg?v=1620217040.jpg

They fit really well too and don't fog up.
    1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• In my country, they are not allowed. Only FFP2/FFP3 or the ones used for surgery.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
        I had to go all Karen and complain to Tesco today after a trip out. Literally 90% of the staff weren't wearing face masks and those that were had their noses hanging out. Plus the bulk majority of customers were not giving a shit either. Came home and rang up to complain. Felt better for it though. Go Karens
        **** sake, don't you live close to a current hotspot too ? And these will be the very people who are whinging when the June 21st date is pushed back.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
          I bought a VYZA this week, which helps people be able to see my mouth when I'm speaking

You might as well not wear anything because vizors don't protect against coronavirus at all (although they offer some minimum amount of protection to other people from you).
          jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

That's true but I can't help but wondering why the vaccinated should be afraid of the non-vaccinated. Shouldn't it be the other way round, since vaccinated can still spread to a certain degree and non-vaccinated (unlike vaccinated) can still get seriously sick? So if an unvaccinated person is willing to take the risk, why should the vaccinated bother? Seriously I don't get it
            Unvaccinated people can spread the disease at a greater level than a vaccinated person. So why would a vaccinated person want to expose himself to a crew of unvaccinated staff who think Corona is a joke and declare themselves antivaxers. It is quite ironic that in Germany vaccinated people have had some rights restored to them earlier - like being allowed into restaurants and yet they were probably served by a crew of low intelligence anti vaxers. The irony.

Comment

You might as well not wear anything because vizors don't protect against coronavirus at all (although they offer some minimum amount of protection to other people from you).
              Well these branded ones (Vyza) have been discussed on Radio 2 and ITV news here, they are apparently government approved and a big help to those who are deaf or hard of hearing, and have basically been switched off from the world, which is a big help in my job too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Sometimes a dose of Karen is needed.

Facemasks are fading by the week, the shops really don’t care anymore do they? What did they say?
                I pointed out their sign outside that states "no mask, no entry" but the manager said they had been told not to physically challenge customers, which I completely get, but I argued that if customers shop there and see staff not bothering then it sends a clear message it's ok to be complicit and undermines any comms they're putting out. He assured me that his management team do a walk around to check on staff, but I just said it's all well and good but evidently they're not walking around enough and that as the biggest supermarket in the local area with increasing rates they had a duty of care. I got an apology and some assurance it would be "brought up", so I suppose that's something

It just really winds me up, because the bulk majority not complying are those 18-35, who are most likely spreading the variants and making this whole debacle more difficult for us all. I hate sounding like an old man, but I don't want my kid growing up in a world where he has to distance himself from society because some ****tard youths decided they were too cool for masks and made it worse for us all.
                UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

I bought a VYZA this week, which helps people be able to see my mouth when I'm speaking

I hate to agree with jio but that is akin to wearing a bit of cling film on your penis and calling it safe sex

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Unvaccinated people can spread the disease at a greater level than a vaccinated person. So why would a vaccinated person want to expose himself to a crew of unvaccinated staff who think Corona is a joke and declare themselves antivaxers. It is quite ironic that in Germany vaccinated people have had some rights restored to them earlier - like being allowed into restaurants and yet they were probably served by a crew of low intelligence anti vaxers. The irony.
                    Because vaccinated had the vaccine so they will not get sick even if they get the virus?
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 27/7/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10664750

Comment

I hate to agree with jio but that is akin to wearing a bit of cling film on your penis and calling it safe sex
                      I don't really understand the comparison, but they are quite different to "face shields" which certainly are pointless unless worn with a mask as well.

Comment

Because vaccinated had the vaccine so they will not get sick even if they get the virus?
                        There is still a chance that they will get it though. and that may lead them having to go into isolation, cancel travel plans and a million other things. For someone who has a health ministry position you are incredibly short sighted at times.

Comment

Well these branded ones (Vyza) have been discussed on Radio 2 and ITV news here, they are apparently government approved and a big help to those who are deaf or hard of hearing, and have basically been switched off from the world, which is a big help in my job too.
                          Well, despite the benefit for those categories you mentioned (and the lack of a better choice), the truth is that what one needs is something to filter the air you breathe and not a complete barrier (which is what the vizors are) because in the presence of a barrier, the air will just move around it and you will end up breathing the same air you would breathe had you not had the vizor on. The only advantage is that the barrier will stop the contents of your cough or sneeze going far and infecting someone else but they are no protection to you whatsoever.

Comment

I don't really understand the comparison, but they are quite different to "face shields" which certainly are pointless unless worn with a mask as well.
                            Oh it just looked like a fancy shield to me, i mean surely theres a gap somewhere unless you got the bandana version " for increased protection"

Comment

There is still a chance that they will get it though. and that may lead them having to go into isolation, cancel travel plans and a million other things. For someone who has a health ministry position you are incredibly short sighted at times.
                              But by that logic we should never stop using masks or stop social distancing because there will always be a chance. Everytime you french kiss someone vaccinated or not, there is a good chance you might get it for example...

Comment

Oh it just looked like a fancy shield to me, i mean surely theres a gap somewhere unless you got the bandana version " for increased protection"
                                Yes there is a bandana that sits beneath the vyza against the neck and a nosebridge at the top, you can see side on here

Instatilly-8_73580d09-ae52-4e76-9b09-683ff2c1e630_300x.jpg?v=1620224047.jpg

It passes government guidelines. And makes me look like I'm heading to outer space.

Comment

But by that logic we should never stop using masks or stop social distancing because there will always be a chance. Everytime you french kiss someone vaccinated or not, there is a good chance you might get it for example...
                                  I am operating a strict no vaccine no dick policy. I can only look after myself at this stage. But also I haven't kissed many guys since this started. Also some things are worth the risk, but I can eat at home as opposed to being served a meal that was breathed on and prepared by a crew of anti vaxers. And i think a lot of people would agree. Our bodies, our choices, right ?
                                  Last edited by InFamous; Thu June 10, 2021, 22:37.

Comment

I am operating a strict no vaccine no dick policy. I can only look after myself at this stage.
                                    Yes but that won't fully protect you since vaccinated people can still carry the virus, just they can't get sick of it (or they can but at a much lower percentage). Although they wouldn't spread it to the same degree as unvaccinated people (due to the lack of spreading disease symptoms such as cough), a french kiss would guarantee exposure and transmission.

Perhaps you should review your plans and enter a monogamous relationship? lol

Comment

Yes but that won't fully protect you since vaccinated people can still carry the virus, just they can't get sick of it (or they can but at a much lower percentage). Although they wouldn't spread it to the same degree as unvaccinated people (due to the lack of spreading disease symptoms such as cough), a french kiss would guarantee exposure and transmission.

Perhaps you should review your plans and enter a monogamous relationship? lol
                                      Perhaps you should mind your business and keep your opinions on what I should or shouldnt do in my personal life to yourself, as I certainly did not ask you for your thoughts on it.

Comment

Yes there is a bandana that sits beneath the vyza against the neck and a nosebridge at the top, you can see side on here

Instatilly-8_73580d09-ae52-4e76-9b09-683ff2c1e630_300x.jpg?v=1620224047.jpg

It passes government guidelines. And makes me look like I'm heading to outer space.
                                        Well that is completely different to the first pic you posted to be fair..

Is that Gaga ?

Comment

• Also coronavirus does not spread through food. So, as long as the person who is serving you is wearing a mask the risk is minimal. Certainly smaller than salmonella for example

Comment

• I never said that coronavirus spreads through food. You are honestly so try hard at times.

Comment

• Jio just wants to fight and argue, it's so obvious. Not the kind of topic to be a troll about though.

It's also obvious that none of his loved ones were (seriously) affected because if he had to endure what some of us had to endure then he would be singing a way different tune.

Also the bigot Timmy is a lost cause when it comes to being an empathic human being, I don't even know why people still entertain him.
                                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                Jio just wants to fight and argue, it's so obvious. Not the kind of topic to be a troll about though.

It's also obvious that none of his loved ones were (seriously) affected because if he had to endure what some of us had to endure then he would be singing a way different tune.

Also the bigot Timmy is a lost cause when it comes to being an empathic human being, I don't even know why people still entertain him.
                                                I recently just realized this. Everything he writes lately is done purely to bait. Time for a settings update I fear
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 11, 2021, 13:30.

Comment

• Just had my first pfizer shot!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X