No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather have Chinese vaccine than mRNA vaccine. At least i know it's safe, we don't know the consequences of mRNA vaccine in the long term, anyone saying so is lying.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• That's cool, bro. You do you ;) .
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        I'd rather have Chinese vaccine than mRNA vaccine. At least i know it's safe, we don't know the consequences of mRNA vaccine in the long term, anyone saying so is lying.
        How do you know the Chinese vaccine is safe ?

Just to be clear I am asking you this in a genuine way, not as in How the hell kind of way or implying that you are wrong ? Im just curious.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          The German incidence rate dropped to below 10.
          0,0 new cases in my state yesterday. All this winning. I'm exhauted.
          My Chart

Comment

• Health officials warn Germany against being complacent:

BERLIN, June 18 (Reuters) - The more infectious Delta coronavirus variant will become dominant in Germany by the autumn at the latest, the country's top public health official said on Friday, urging the public both to continue wearing masks indoors and to get vaccinated.

"The Delta variant makes up about 6% of infections, but its share is growing," Lothar Wieler, head of the Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases said, referring to the variant first identified in India.

"It is not a question of if Delta will become dominant but a question of when," he added. "It will have the upper hand in the autumn at the latest."

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Health officials warn Germany against being complacent:

BERLIN, June 18 (Reuters) - The more infectious Delta coronavirus variant will become dominant in Germany by the autumn at the latest, the country's top public health official said on Friday, urging the public both to continue wearing masks indoors and to get vaccinated.

"The Delta variant makes up about 6% of infections, but its share is growing," Lothar Wieler, head of the Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases said, referring to the variant first identified in India.

"It is not a question of if Delta will become dominant but a question of when," he added. "It will have the upper hand in the autumn at the latest."
              Neaux 1 curr what that vet says.

His 5 minutes of fame are over, as is this pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Neaux 1 curr what that vet says.

His 5 minutes of fame are over, as is this pandemic.

Maybe if you are living in your own little local bubble. Globally it is far from over and that will continue to limit life and free movement etc.

Comment

• Forgot to mention, but I'm fully vaxxed now.

What's more, almost all of the remaining restrictions are expected to be lifted on the 1st of July. I turn 26 on the 4th of July. And coincidentally, that's also the day I'm getting my rights back as it'll be 14 days since my 2nd dose. A dream.

Comment

Forgot to mention, but I'm fully vaxxed now.

What's more, almost all of the remaining restrictions are expected to be lifted on the 1st of July. I turn 26 on the 4th of July. And coincidentally, that's also the day I'm getting my rights back as it'll be 14 days since my 2nd dose. A dream.
                    Congratulations ! I will be fully vaxed by 13th July.

Comment

Maybe if you are living in your own little local bubble. Globally it is far from over and that will continue to limit life and free movement etc.
                      Added my EU vaccine passport to my phone earlier. I'm free to go.

Comment

Added my EU vaccine passport to my phone earlier. I'm free to go.
                        I'm not planning on going anywhere in July, more likely late August/ September !

Comment

Forgot to mention, but I'm fully vaxxed now.

I believe it once I see it. The government is still panicking with the incidence rate being lower than 10.

Comment

• According to Boris, the 19th is looking good but he hasn't ruled out there could be future lockdowns in the autumn/winter and rough times a head during those times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                              According to Boris, the 19th is looking good but he hasn't ruled out there could be future lockdowns in the autumn/winter and rough times a head during those times.
                              I wonder if we can avoid further lockdowns with more protection. The plans for the vaccine booster rollout in the Autumn will be released in a few weeks. I'm not sure how long a double shot of a vaccine lasts, but 3 shots within 12 months sounds good to me. I guess we will have to wait for conclusive results from data to confirm.

Comment

Health officials warn Germany against being complacent:

The state will do nothing as per usual. The best hope is that as many people as possible are vaccinated until autumn so as many as possible are protected when that wave comes.
                                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

The state will do nothing as per usual. The best hope is that as many people as possible are vaccinated until autumn so as many as possible are protected when that wave comes.
                                  I fear that the government will remain clueless as always and just pull another lockdown because they believe it to be an effective measurement (which it isn't), and what 'worked' once and 'worked' another two times can only work once more ...

Comment

That is the difference this time. The vaccinations. As long as enough people have the basic cop on to get vaccinated.

Comment

How do you know the Chinese vaccine is safe ?

Just to be clear I am asking you this in a genuine way, not as in How the hell kind of way or implying that you are wrong ? Im just curious.
                                      I know

I assume it’s safe cause it’s inactive vaccine. I know that it has less protection than Pfizer but at least i’m comfortable with the vaccine i had and i will continue to be careful.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Delta is killing people who have had Astra.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Source?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

None of the vaccines are 100% effective so obviously it has the potential to kill anyone with any vaccine at any level of dose. However the evidence confirms the AZ vaccine does work - that is, prevent serious illness requiring hospitalisation - against Delta in a majority of cases.

However when making claims about deaths from variants where vaccination has been received, please post with a source.

Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                            they don’t stand for anything.
                                            How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Experiencing fatigue and some muscle pain today, but not as bad as I was told. Might still take tomorrow off tho.

Comment

• Clubs / bars can open again over here, already from Saturday on Though you need to have a covid certificate (=either you're tested, you had the virus in the past few months or you're fully vaccinated).

Also no masks for sport & culture events and at work.

Looks like this summer is going to be a good one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                  Clubs / bars can open again over here, already from Saturday on Though you need to have a covid certificate (=either you're tested, you had the virus in the past few months or you're fully vaccinated).

Also no masks for sport & culture events and at work.

Looks like this summer is going to be a good one!
                                                  No masks at work? Asking for trouble. That is the one place masks should be maintained

Hopefully bars etc will stricly implement the certificate. Forgeries will likely happen !

Comment

• COVID news live: UK 'on top of situation' after 41 'Delta plus' cases found, health chief tells Downing Street press conference

UK reports 16,135 new coronavirus cases, highest daily figure since early February; 41 cases of "Delta plus" strain found but Public Health England "on top of situation".

Via Sky news.

Also accoring to the Guardian NHS are very concerned about the amount of people needing ventilators, up 41 percent from last week.

"The deputy chief executive of NHS Providers, Saffron Cordery, said the number of Covid patients in hospital on ventilation beds had increased by 41% in the last week to 227, which she said was a strong indication Covid was having an impact on health services"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-ventilators

Comment

Working...
                                                    X