Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • spiritboy : There have been studies already, and they say that Biontech prevents any infection in 88% of all cases and stationary treatment in 96% of all cases.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

    Comment


    • European new 14-days infection rates per 100 000 from lowest (#1) to highest (#31) (no micro-states): UPDATE
      1.(1) Malta
      2.(2) Iceland
      3.(3) Romania
      4.(4) Poland
      5.(6) Hungary
      6.(5) Finland
      7.(7) Bulgaria
      8.(8) Czechia
      9.(9) Germany
      10.(10) Austria
      ...
      12.(11) Italy
      19.(21) France
      ...
      27.(19) Cyprus
      28.(31) Latvia
      29.(27) Spain
      30.(18) Portugal
      31.(28) United Kingdom




      jio CHARTS NOW: 3/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10680609

      Comment


      • The UK basically decided to collapse despite almost having been 'there' .
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

        Comment


        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          The UK basically decided to collapse despite almost having been 'there' .
          Do you think anyone sat down and made a decision on it or something ? Such a pointless comment. If you actually think cases are not going to rise again in Germany you are really being very naive, and in for a rude awakening.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            spiritboy : There have been studies already, and they say that Biontech prevents any infection in 88% of all cases and stationary treatment in 96% of all cases.
            We'll see it once the Delta becomes the dominant variant.
            Cha Cha Instructor

            Comment


            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              spiritboy : There have been studies already, and they say that Biontech prevents any infection in 88% of all cases and stationary treatment in 96% of all cases.
              Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              The UK basically decided to collapse despite almost having been 'there' .

              Comment


              • Well, I don't know why so many people are getting infected again, but... what we know is that most of the infected people are not vaccinated and the death rate remains low.
                So yeah, it's bad on one side that the UK again is the European hotspot, but it could've been worse.
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ferrero View Post


                  Well, Astrazeneca has been very popular in the UK until recently
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 3/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10680609

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    Well, I don't know why so many people are getting infected again, but... what we know is that most of the infected people are not vaccinated and the death rate remains low.
                    So yeah, it's bad on one side that the UK again is the European hotspot, but it could've been worse.
                    You literally answered the question.
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jio View Post

                      Well, Astrazeneca has been very popular in the UK until recently
                      Astrazeneca prevents infection in 60% of all cases. Stationary treatments are prevented in 92% of all cases.
                      What I've read is that there are some people who believe that one dose is enough while the protection is still low at that stage.

                      Either way, the priority should be on the elderly and disabled, which is what the vaccination was designed for in the first place as those demographics are simply likelier to die from Covid (irrespective from the respective variant).
                      Pro: freedom of speech
                      Contra: cancel culture

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ferrero View Post


                        Putting these quotes back to back is very uninformed and not at all indicative of what is happening.

                        The actual situation currently in the UK is this :

                        It’s clear now that having two doses of either AstraZeneca, Moderna or Pfizer gives high level of protection against severe disease. People still get infected but at a much lower level, they probably get 80-90% protection against infection alone, and even those people who do get infected after two doses are almost certainly probably 50% less infectious, so the combined effect of that is quite dramatic at reducing risk,” he said.

                        He added that infection rates – especially for the Delta variant – were concentrated in unvaccinated groups, including school-age children. “Unfortunately that picture will continue for a few weeks more until we get past the third wave, which will unfold in the next couple of months,” he said.


                        Via The Guardian.
                        Last edited by InFamous; Thu June 24, 2021, 17:16.
                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

                        Comment


                        • It did seem weird to me that the pure numbers went up so much through the new variant in the UK, but with that background (good protection for already vaccinated people, mostly unvaccinated children affected and those are the ones who mostly have got mild symptoms anyway), I'm quite relieved and would prefer the media to put those additional information into consideration when talking about the delta variant instead of going full on drama mode strictly based on the numbers. The situation is definitely not comparable with Chile or the Seychelles.

                          German health expert Drosten says that Germany may not be affected as much by the delta variant as the UK because the German incidence is lower than when numbers had started rising in the UK and summer holidays about to start in many German states, making it harder for the virus to spread in the classrooms.
                          Pro: freedom of speech
                          Contra: cancel culture

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            It did seem weird to me that the pure numbers went up so much through the new variant in the UK, but with that background (good protection for already vaccinated people, mostly unvaccinated children affected and those are the ones who mostly have got mild symptoms anyway), I'm quite relieved and would prefer the media to put those additional information into consideration when talking about the delta variant instead of going full on drama mode strictly based on the numbers. The situation is definitely not comparable with Chile or the Seychelles.

                            German health expert Drosten says that Germany may not be affected as much by the delta variant as the UK because the German incidence is lower than when numbers had started rising in the UK and summer holidays about to start in many German states, making it harder for the virus to spread in the classrooms.
                            According to all of the 16 education ministers of the states, Covid cannot and has never entered any type of school or educational setting. Why is Drosten spreading these lies or even indicating that Covid has ever been found in or at or next to or close to any type of school in Germany?

                            The president of the German education conference (KMK) has said that the virus has only ever been brought into schools by lazy teachers who broke hygiene protocols or had parties at the weekends.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              Putting these quotes back to back is very uninformed and not at all indicative of what is happening.

                              The actual situation currently in the UK is this :

                              It’s clear now that having two doses of either AstraZeneca, Moderna or Pfizer gives high level of protection against severe disease. People still get infected but at a much lower level, they probably get 80-90% protection against infection alone, and even those people who do get infected after two doses are almost certainly probably 50% less infectious, so the combined effect of that is quite dramatic at reducing risk,” he said.

                              He added that infection rates – especially for the Delta variant – were concentrated in unvaccinated groups, including school-age children. “Unfortunately that picture will continue for a few weeks more until we get past the third wave, which will unfold in the next couple of months,” he said.


                              Via The Guardian.
                              That is hopeful (if true) but it still doesn't answer the question as to why those UK unvaccinated groups are so much more vulnerable than their counterparts in the rest of Europe, especially when their number is smaller relative to total population in comparison to the rest of the continent. Are they more concentrated in clusters or what?
                              jio CHARTS NOW: 3/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10680609

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                It did seem weird to me that the pure numbers went up so much through the new variant in the UK, but with that background (good protection for already vaccinated people, mostly unvaccinated children affected and those are the ones who mostly have got mild symptoms anyway), I'm quite relieved and would prefer the media to put those additional information into consideration when talking about the delta variant instead of going full on drama mode strictly based on the numbers. The situation is definitely not comparable with Chile or the Seychelles.

                                German health expert Drosten says that Germany may not be affected as much by the delta variant as the UK because the German incidence is lower than when numbers had started rising in the UK and summer holidays about to start in many German states, making it harder for the virus to spread in the classrooms.
                                Well i mean you claimed that schools were not a place covid would spread at all and there was no risk there. So why does school's being closed make a difference now?
                                Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 25, 2021, 01:23.
                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                Comment


                                • People who are fully vaccinated in the UK can go to Amber list countries and don't have to isolate when coming back to the UK.

                                  addition to publishing the countries that have moved to the green list, the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, also announced that UK residents who are fully vaccinated will not have to isolate when travelling back from amber list countries. He said the government would set out further details next month but he anticipated this being introduced "later in the summer".

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                                    People who are fully vaccinated in the UK can go to Amber list countries and don't have to isolate when coming back to the UK.

                                    addition to publishing the countries that have moved to the green list, the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, also announced that UK residents who are fully vaccinated will not have to isolate when travelling back from amber list countries. He said the government would set out further details next month but he anticipated this being introduced "later in the summer".
                                    Thats all good and well but the amber list countries might say no thanks, or they may impose quarantine on people coming from the UK.

                                    Its like i think Australia is on the Green List but they are saying no to the UK!
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                    Comment


                                    • Germany is currently vaccinating ~ 800k per day. Thus far, no country with 2 mio.+ inhabitants has reached 70% fully vaccinated people, which is the least scientists assume to be necessary for herd immunity. Standing at about 70 mio. doses provided thus far and assuming that the 800k per day remain constant, 70% 2nd doses would be reached in 56 days, which would be in mid August.
                                      The UK, Israel and the US started stalling much earlier than that. Let's see whether Germany (where there's still more demand than available appointments) can actually reach that! Canada may actually be one of those places that stands a good chance to reach those 70%, currently standing at 67% first vaccination doses and still increasing.
                                      Pro: freedom of speech
                                      Contra: cancel culture

                                      Comment


                                      • The abbreviation for Million is Mil not Mio.
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Thu June 24, 2021, 21:43.
                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

                                        Comment


                                        • Parts of Central Sydney are back in lockdown again after 65 cases of the Delta Variant were identified with a lot more potential to have spread. Most of the cases were traced back to a driver who transported people from the airport to the quarantine hotel. Obviously people have become complacent in how they do things and that simply cannot happen as Coronavirus is just waiting in the wings ready to swoop in and infect anyone in its path.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

                                          Comment


                                          • What a pity that Australia still panic just because there are a few cases and believe that the only appropriate measurement is to go for another lockdown.
                                            Pro: freedom of speech
                                            Contra: cancel culture

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              What a pity that Australia still panic just because there are a few cases and believe that the only appropriate measurement is to go for another lockdown.
                                              We are well into the 2nd year of this, you still don't have a clue at all.

                                              A few cases can jump to 20, then 30 and so on in a matter of days.

                                              Lockdown is the quick way to keep it under control.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by wave View Post
                                                Lockdown is the quick way to keep it under control.
                                                Yeah, of course .

                                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                                Contra: cancel culture

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                                  Yeah, of course .
                                                  You haven't got a clue at all!

                                                  A lockdown is to stop it spreading fast, especially with the delta variant.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by wave View Post

                                                    You haven't got a clue at all!

                                                    A lockdown is to stop it spreading fast, especially with the delta variant.
                                                    Who cares what he or anyone else says?
                                                    I have trust at this moment in the actions of our state government - if we wanted advice from Europe on how to handle this we would have asked - and we would have failed before . No offence.

                                                    If anyone is familiar with this story, the details of the spread of this strain are very worrisome. And these details are known cause we started from a base of 0.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X