Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Oh lord, theres a new variant in France Beta. First identified in South Africa.. Prob accounts for the increase in cases there in the last week.
    Corona broke me... I might as well just drop dead right now. This is our new reality... I'm giving us... another 12 months and then we will have a variant that will be immune to any vaccine that we currently have and then the whole game can start anew.

    I never thought or believed that it would be my generation... that would experience the end of times and mankind... I always thought that we had until 2150 at the very minimum.
    My Chart

    Comment


    • stevyy, ich versuche es mal auf Deutsch. Ich weiß, dass dir die Sache sehr an die Nieren geht, aber objektiv gesehen ist die Situation nicht so schlimm wie sie dir gerade vorkommt. Wir haben schon viele Krisen gemeistert und werden auch diese meistern. Schau doch mal, wie viel sich in dieser kurzen Zeit der Coronapandemie getan hat! Ja, der Staat hat viele Fehler begangen, aber es wurden nicht nur mehrere sehr wirksame Impfstoffe auf den Markt gebracht, sondern alleine in Deutschland fast 100 mio. Impfdosen verabreicht - eine logistische Meisterleistung. Wir sind jetzt in den letzten Zügen der Pandemie, da braucht es jetzt kein Weltuntergangsdenken. Die ersten 80% sind geschafft, die letzten 20% schaffen wir auch und NEIN, wir werden jetzt nicht kurz vorher in Selbstmitleid versinken.
      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

      Comment


      • People have been saying we are on "the last legs of the pandemic" for the last six months, and yet here we are, new variants still emerging and no where near a return to "pre pandemic" normality. And we are now in SUMMER. Lets see how things are coming into winter before we start to make unrealistic predictions about "last legs"
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          stevyy, ich versuche es mal auf Deutsch. Ich weiß, dass dir die Sache sehr an die Nieren geht, aber objektiv gesehen ist die Situation nicht so schlimm wie sie dir gerade vorkommt. Wir haben schon viele Krisen gemeistert und werden auch diese meistern. Schau doch mal, wie viel sich in dieser kurzen Zeit der Coronapandemie getan hat! Ja, der Staat hat viele Fehler begangen, aber es wurden nicht nur mehrere sehr wirksame Impfstoffe auf den Markt gebracht, sondern alleine in Deutschland fast 100 mio. Impfdosen verabreicht - eine logistische Meisterleistung. Wir sind jetzt in den letzten Zügen der Pandemie, da braucht es jetzt kein Weltuntergangsdenken. Die ersten 80% sind geschafft, die letzten 20% schaffen wir auch und NEIN, wir werden jetzt nicht kurz vorher in Selbstmitleid versinken.
          Aber hast du es nicht gehört? Wissenschaftler sagen, dass Länder wie England, die gerade alles öffnen, nicht nur die eigene Bevölkerung gefährden, sondern eben auch alle anderen Länder. Neue Varianten hier und da. Wir sind aktuell wieder im exponentiellen Wachstum in Deutschland. Wenn England schon 52k neue Fälle täglich verzeichnet, dann warte mal ab, was wir in Deutschland, das wesentlich dichter besiedelt ist, haben werden - vielleicht 100,000 pro Tag und dann wird das Gesundheitssystem zusammenbrechen... auch wenn davon nur 1,000 täglich ins Krankenhaus müssten.

          Dann werden irgendwelche Kinder Corona haben, ich stecke mich an und dann meine Eltern und dann sterben die... und dann?

          Achja, ich vergaß noch zu erwähnen, dass Astra ja nun auch die super-schöne Nervenkrankheit GBS verursachen kann... Mein Bruder hatte vor 5 Jahren GBS und lag eine Woche im künstlichen Koma. Er wäre beinahe gestorben, aber hat überlebt... das sind doch auch gute Aussichten... so ein bisschen GBS ist auch nicht übel, kann man mal so mitnehmen.
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

            Aber hast du es nicht gehört? Wissenschaftler sagen, dass Länder wie England, die gerade alles öffnen nicht nur die eigene Bevölkerung gefährden, sondern eben auch alle anderen Länder. Neue Varianten hier und da. Wir sind aktuell wieder im exponentiellen Wachstum in Deutschland. Wenn England schon 52k neue Fälle täglich verzeichnet, dann warte mal ab, was wir in Deutschland, das wesentlich dichter besiedelt ist, haben werden - vielleicht 100,000 pro Tag und dann wird das Gesundheitssystem zusammenbrechen... auch wenn davon nur 1,000 täglich ins Krankenhaus müssten.

            Dann werden irgendwelche Kinder Corona haben, ich stecke mich an und dann meine Eltern und dann sterben die... und dann?

            Achja, ich vergaß noch zu erwähnen, dass Astra ja nun auch die super-schöne Nervenkrankheit GBS verursachen kann... Mein Bruder hatte vor 5 Jahren GBS und lag eine Woche im künstlichen Koma. Er wäre beinahe gestorben, aber hat überlebt... das sind doch auch gute Aussichten... so ein bisschen GBS ist auch nicht übel, kann man mal so mitnehmen.
            Exactly. Great points.
            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
            Baby maybe you're the problem "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              People have been saying we are on "the last legs of the pandemic" for the last six months, and yet here we are, new variants still emerging and no where near a return to "pre pandemic" normality. And we are now in SUMMER. Lets see how things are coming into winter before we start to make unrealistic predictions about "last legs"
              exactly, these last legs that we are allegdly already in... have lasted for months on end now, with no significant progress.

              I am aware that we will have Covid forever... but we are still running AFTER it... we can only continue with our lives when we are able to get ahead of it. Right now, we are light years away from controlling the disease.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • Breathe in, breathe out... Don't worry, stevyy, as disturbing as the situation may seem to you now, we've achieved so much in such little time and yes, I assure you, we'll get the rest done as well! Please, my friend, think positive as there's already too much negativity out there and we don't need even more of it!
                Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                Comment


                • Covid: Fully jabbed arrivals from France must still quarantine

                  From 19 July, adults who have been double jabbed in the UK arriving from amber list countries will not need to isolate for 10 days.

                  But the government said the easing would not apply to France due to "persistent" cases of the Beta variant, first identified in South Africa.

                  There are concerns vaccines may not work as well against the Beta variant.
                  oh god..

                  Comment


                  • I don't understand how the world cannot stop during apandemic... i mean travelling... why do people still travel? We live in the digital age... even business trips are not necessary anymore. If nobody moved during Corona, we would not have so many problems that we have today. That people still want to or are currently going abroad on holiday is absolute madness.
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                      It's honestly embarassing. And going to look really stupid when restrictions are brought back later. Which, baring a miracle, they will be.
                      it's going to be even worse when they bring back the restrictions but ofc they will blame it on young people 'partying' or holiday-goers etc, same old story!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                        exactly, these last legs that we are allegdly already in... have lasted for months on end now, with no significant progress.

                        I am aware that we will have Covid forever... but we are still running AFTER it... we can only continue with our lives when we are able to get ahead of it. Right now, we are light years away from controlling the disease.
                        Exactly. The main problem, and this is what will remain the main problem is that the masses have failed to adapt themselves to there being a state of existence between old normal and being in lockdown. They just want to discard everything over night and go back to the "old normal". Fundamentally things could have been much better, much earlier, if people had realized that and worked accordingly.
                        Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 17, 2021, 09:29.
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          I don't understand how the world cannot stop during apandemic... i mean travelling... why do people still travel? We live in the digital age... even business trips are not necessary anymore. If nobody moved during Corona, we would not have so many problems that we have today. That people still want to or are currently going abroad on holiday is absolute madness.
                          Yes i said this almost two months ago at this stage. Travel needs to be halted completely. Until things get under control and countries are able to function safely within their own borders.
                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                            Corona broke me... I might as well just drop dead right now. This is our new reality... I'm giving us... another 12 months and then we will have a variant that will be immune to any vaccine that we currently have and then the whole game can start anew.

                            I never thought or believed that it would be my generation... that would experience the end of times and mankind... I always thought that we had until 2150 at the very minimum.
                            You've set the drama queen off again now
                            1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

                            Comment


                            • @stevyy: I guess travelling is highly important to many people. I've never been much into travelling, but I get asked about it each year, I swear. I have got two co-workers who are on holiday in their (European) native countries. Another co-worker of mine recently was in her native country as well, only a few weeks before one of her grandparents died. Another co-worker of mine wants to go on holiday in Croatia in August or something. It's just something people are not willing to skip, I guess. If they are fine with risking an infection, so be it. There are people who voluntarily miss out on contraceptives when going physical, too, after all.
                              Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                              Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                              Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                I don't understand how the world cannot stop during apandemic... i mean travelling... why do people still travel? We live in the digital age... even business trips are not necessary anymore. If nobody moved during Corona, we would not have so many problems that we have today. That people still want to or are currently going abroad on holiday is absolute madness.
                                Don't blame it on the travellers but rather the governments for being so slow enforcing restrictions and testing the population. Remember how it started? The whole world was watching covid-19 spreading in China and other regions but the flights were not banned until it was too late.

                                Also, no one is travelling for business purposes anymore, at least from what I know. As you mentioned, it's all about video calls.


                                People need to stop complaining about wearing masks (correctly) and just get used to it, because it stops spreading the virus. It's soo easy.

                                I've seen people serving food and coffee without a mask, unbelievable.
                                Last edited by greek_boy; Sat July 17, 2021, 00:12.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

                                  Don't blame it on the travellers but rather the governments for being so slow enforcing restrictions and testing the population. Remember how it started? The whole world was watching covid-19 spreading in China and other regions but the flights were not banned until it was too late.

                                  Also, no one is travelling for business purposes anymore, at least from what I know. As you mentioned, it's all about video calls.
                                  Same with flights coming from India. I was watching India closely and I wrote in here three times that flights needed to be stopped immediately. It took Europe a FULL MONTH later to do it. By then it was far too late.
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                    @stevyy: I guess travelling is highly important to many people. l.
                                    Let's not forget that some people want to see their families so it's not everyone travelling to party.



                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

                                      Don't blame it on the travellers but rather the governments for being so slow enforcing restrictions and testing the population. Remember how it started? The whole world was watching covid-19 spreading in China and other regions but the flights were not banned until it was too late.

                                      Also, no one is travelling for business purposes anymore, at least from what I know. As you mentioned, it's all about video calls.


                                      People need to stop complaining about wearing masks (correctly) and just get used to it, because it stops spreading the virus. It's soo easy.

                                      I've seen people serving food and coffee without a mask, unbelievable.
                                      yes, yes, and yes. The governments should just put an end to it. I mean... Germans love to travel, Brits love to travel... etc... but during a pandemic it is time to re-discover the beauty in your own country, maybe... or just stay at home (which would be the best thing to do).

                                      The mask-wearing is a complex thing... I've grown so accustomed to it nowadays, that I feel naked without one. I don't mind the mask one bit. (and I have to wear it for 10 hours straight, consistently talking).

                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                        Same with flights coming from India. I was watching India closely and I wrote in here three times that flights needed to be stopped immediately. It took Europe a FULL MONTH later to do it. By then it was far too late.
                                        Very true! I remember how late flights from India were halted here in the UK, yet no one is held accountable.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

                                          You've set the drama queen off again now
                                          He's being a touch dramatic but.. . What he is saying in terms of the variants is very real though.. Its already happening. Every variant that has emerged is stronger than the last and more transmissable. Delta is 60 percent more transmissable than Alpha and the vaccine only offers 60 percent protection. And now we have beta waiting in the wings. This is what viruses do, they mutate and they mutate and become stronger and stronger. The fact that there is still so much transmission allows them to do this, especially in unvaccinated people.
                                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

                                            Let's not forget that some people want to see their families so it's not everyone travelling to party.


                                            well... these are special cases... but even then I think that during a pandemic... you could stay wherever your are and keep in contact via video chats or telephone or sth.

                                            As I was saying... what the world needed was 12 months of NO commercial air-travel... but we couldn't even do it for 3 months.
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                              yes, yes, and yes. The governments should just put an end to it. I mean... Germans love to travel, Brits love to travel... etc... but during a pandemic it is time to re-discover the beauty in your own country, maybe... or just stay at home (which would be the best thing to do).

                                              The mask-wearing is a complex thing... I've grown so accustomed to it nowadays, that I feel naked without one. I don't mind the mask one bit. (and I have to wear it for 10 hours straight, consistently talking).
                                              The governments have failed completely.

                                              Germans and Brits love travelling because the weather is shit in their homecountries, but I am surprised that so many people act like the pandemic has disappeared ... I do understand though that people want to escape from the reality...

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                He's being a touch dramatic but.. . What he is saying in terms of the variants is very real though.. Its already happening. Every variant that has emerged is stronger than the last and more transmissable. Delta is 60 percent more transmissable than Alpha and the vaccine only offers 60 percent protection. And now we have beta waiting in the wings. This is what viruses do, they mutate and they mutate and become stronger and stronger. The fact that there is still so much transmission allows them to do this, especially in unvaccinated people.
                                                but... to roll back on the drama a little bit... it is also not in any virus'es interest to kill the host... so at a certain point... it might never become deadlier... but the deaths that we have seen and the mortality rate that we have, is / are super scary as it is.

                                                And we (in the 1st world) only prevented these mass-deaths by putting our health care system and health workers on the brink of collapse and we had to mobilise everything in our power to keep the deaths at what they currently are... this is not very promising... as a slight mutation could skip the scale to the worse... and the second ... one major health care system has failed... it is dooms-day for that particular society.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Video calls suck though, to be honest.
                                                  People have the right to complain about wearing masks. Around where I live, no one is scared about the virus itself anymore, but they fear any new measurements and restrictions. This is why it seems so alienating when people go into 'The end of the world is near!'-mode again. I just want to calm those people down, but I fear they aren't willing to calm down for whatever reason .
                                                  Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                                  Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                                  Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                    Video calls suck though, to be honest.
                                                    People have the right to complain about wearing masks. Around where I live, no one is scared about the virus itself anymore, but they fear any new measurements and restrictions. This is why it seems so alienating when people go into 'The end of the world is near!'-mode again. I just want to calm those people down, but I fear they aren't willing to calm down for whatever reason .
                                                    your attitude... is very misguided, I think. People should have the utmost respect of Corona and its consequences... and if they did, they wouldn't complain about masks (of all thinks).
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X