This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

well... these are special cases... but even then I think that during a pandemic... you could stay wherever your are and keep in contact via video chats or telephone or sth.

As I was saying... what the world needed was 12 months of NO commercial air-travel... but we couldn't even do it for 3 months.
    You forget that airlines and all businesses within the travel industry will close if they ever implement such measures. That's not a viable solution.

However, they can reduce the number of passengers in all flights and create more covid-proof spaces in the airport. I remember how crowded Heathrow was bc of the time consuming checks for PCR tests/PLF forms and perhaps Brexit documentation too! Why don't they automate these checks?

Also, they could enforce quarantine upon arrival and PCR test at the end of the quarantine, which would put off many holiday-goers.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Video calls suck though, to be honest.
      People have the right to complain about wearing masks. Around where I live, no one is scared about the virus itself anymore, but they fear any new measurements and restrictions. This is why it seems so alienating when people go into 'The end of the world is near!'-mode again. I just want to calm those people down, but I fear they aren't willing to calm down for whatever reason .

Yes but it's an easy way to conduct work without relying on a business trip or working in the office.

Why do people have the right to complain about wearing masks?

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

You forget that airlines and all businesses within the travel industry will close if they ever implement such measures. That's not a viable solution.

However, they can reduce the number of passengers in all flights and create more covid-proof spaces in the airport. I remember how crowded Heathrow was bc of the time consuming checks for PCR tests/PLF forms and perhaps Brexit documentation too! Why don't they automate these checks?

Also, they could enforce quarantine upon arrival and PCR test at the end of the quarantine, which would put off many holiday-goers.
        They could also pump billions even trillions of $$ into those companies... or they could burn thru their savings and bonuses... reminds me of global sports brand ADIDAS which wanted the state (Germany) to pay for their stores rents... (well, they tried to get that thru), but the GP was outraged and said no, rightfully so.

The BIG companies are again paying their shareholders bonuses... which I find disgusting. Amazon alone could food the bill of all US based commercial airplines... (and then some).
        My Chart

Comment

your attitude... is very misguided, I think. People should have the utmost respect of Corona and its consequences... and if they did, they wouldn't complain about masks (of all thinks).

people believe that corona will magically disappear, or just by getting the vaccine... they don't get it, unfortunately.

This madness will end one day but we have to work together to stop it from spreading into different variants as soon as possible by following the official guidelines and believing in the science.

We can still live our lives, wearing a mask will not prevent us from doing any daily activities. Catching covid will do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
            Why do people have the right to complain about wearing masks?
            It's a tissue that's close to nose and mouth, making it harder to breathe properly. I know there are people who don't mind the mask, but there are situations when I feel uncomfortable wearing one because it's hot or the air is bad. And yeah, people shouldn't feel ashamed to admit if they have breathing difficulties while wearing the mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

It's a tissue that's close to nose and mouth, making it harder to breathe properly. I know there are people who don't mind the mask, but there are situations when I feel uncomfortable wearing one because it's hot or the air is bad. And yeah, people shouldn't feel ashamed to admit if they have breathing difficulties while wearing the mask.
              My 2nd graders never complain about the mask and they are 7-8 year olds who have to wear it for 5-6 hours straight... (even on the playground).

My 6th-10th graders occasionally moaned... but found a way to cope. Nobody ever said they had difficulty breathing. Do you have asthma?
              My Chart

Comment

My 2nd graders never complain about the mask and they are 7-8 year olds who have to wear it for 5-6 hours straight... (even on the playground).

My 6th-10th graders occasionally moaned... but found a way to cope.
                The children in general and even teenagers have been so adaptive and open to learn throughout this whole thing. It is mostly adults who have let the side down and just moaned and complained about everything.
                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

your attitude is very misguided!

People should have the utmost respect of Corona and its consequences
                  It's the arrogance of humans to believe they are more powerful than nature.
                  And nature constantly proves them wrong.

People are stupid.
                  And that answers your questions about why this pandemic is ongoing and will not end soon. Stupidity.

People were crying foul when flights from India were banned. And now look, three months later and the world is being brought back to its knees with the Delta strain.
                  Politics should just get out of the way. Political motivations and political correctness.

Unfortunately the virus is not going to be eradicated in the developing world. And so this is ongoing.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• stevyy : I haven't got asthma. Your kids are very brave. The longest I wore the mask was during shopping which went on for like an hour. There have been other scenarios when I wore the mask for a much shorter period and felt completely out of breath. So yeah, I'll never get used to it and will not wear it any longer as soon as I'm allowed. In one of my jobs, I no longer have to wear a mask since like two weeks. It feels very relieving, to be honest.

Comment

• At least one half of Germany will continue to wear masks.

Almost half of people in Germany want to continue wearing masks to protect against disease even after the pandemic ends, according to a new survey. Who is in support - and who isn't?
                      A total of 44.7 percent of people said they were in favour of wearing masks in future, the representative survey by the opinion research institute Civey on behalf of the Augsburger Allgemeine newspaper found.

And 41.9 percent of those surveyed said they wanted to permanently get rid of the covering over their mouth and nose. The remaining respondents said they were undecided.
                      https://www.thelocal.de/20210602/wil...-the-pandemic/

Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• I think that this Covid pandemic showed us all that is wrong about this world and how unlikely it is that it could change. When it started many people said that Covid "turned us all equal", yet now we know that it separated people even further. The rich seem to be richer and the poor seem to be poorer.

I'm from Argentina and the pandemic here has been a mess. This is like one of the worst places in the world to be in this pandemic. Our cases and deaths when adjusted for population are among the highest in the world. The "first wave" took forever to reach its peak (it started in march yet only peaked in october) so it ruined the economy and the people's morale. We're only now recovering from the second wave with Delta knocking on our doors.

I know this virus won't go away easily, but it would help if the rich countries could help the poor ones with vaccines. F*ck, even the pharmaceuticals should let the vaccines be mass produced in billions so we could end this up. But money is always the biggest priority, even when the world is falling apart.
                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Uk
                          1. The government may be forced to re-impose coronavirus restrictions in the autumn if cases continue to rise, the former health secretary says
                          2. Jeremy Hunt says the NHS is facing a very serious situation, with rapidly increasing numbers of hospital admissions

Comment

• Well.. Should have been more careful I guess. And quite ironic that he has to spend "freedom day" in isolation..

Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                              Uk
                              1. The government may be forced to re-impose coronavirus restrictions in the autumn if cases continue to rise, the former health secretary says
                              2. Jeremy Hunt says the NHS is facing a very serious situation, with rapidly increasing numbers of hospital admissions
                              What’s the point in having “freedom day” then? I know he’s a liar but Boris has constantly said “irreversible” about lifting the restrictions. I’d rather things just stayed as they are until 2022 if it helps, than have to go backwards in a few months.

I think the UK is a bit of a Petri dish to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                What’s the point in having “freedom day” then? I know he’s a liar but Boris has constantly said “irreversible” about lifting the restrictions. I’d rather things just stayed as they are until 2022 if it helps, than have to go backwards in a few months.

I think the UK is a bit of a Petri dish to be honest.
                                There was no point in ever saying and it was inherently a stupid concept and something which was never realistic, based on intelligence or science, or ever likely to happen.

Classic Boris.

The fact that he is actually making these decisions is chilling to be frank.
                                Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 17, 2021, 20:31.
                                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  At least one half of Germany will continue to wear masks.

https://www.thelocal.de/20210602/wil...-the-pandemic/
                                  I can totally relate to this and tbh I think I will take me a long time to go "back to normal"... if ever.
                                  Thing is ,it's unthinkable for me,to go anywhere outside my home,without a mask

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

My 6th-10th graders occasionally moaned... but found a way to cope. Nobody ever said they had difficulty breathing. Do you have asthma?
                                      Wow! My sister teaches maths and lots of teenagers at her school try to avoid wearing the mask whenever they can.

Children at our school (primary school) don't have to wear masks.

I have to say, I'm glad we don't have to wear them anymore. Whenever going to a supermarket, I put the mask on last second and pulled it off first step outside. So glad we don't have to wear it anymore. I never knew whether to wear my glasses (which made me see hardly anything as they went misty as soon as I put on the mask) or put off my glasses and see little as well...
                                      My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

!!!!!! And they actually manage to put it properly.
                                        I made sure to let the parents know the kids were OK and coping better than 90% of the adults...
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I can just see all this going to shit tbh. My workplace is a manufacturing plant split between production and "white collar". As part of the latter, I've been working from home throughout, and now the site has had multiple COVID outbreaks in the last fortnight across production and some other departments. Despite this, senior management are insisting that everyone returns Monday with no exception. I'm actually furious about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

!!!!!! And they actually manage to put it properly.
                                            I made sure to let the parents know the kids were OK and coping better than 90% of the adults...
                                            Do you have any info on this Beta variant has been found in France ? What is the mood locally ?
                                            Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Covid curfew, music ban on Greek party island Mykonos

Greece has imposed a five-hour night curfew and other restrictions on the popular travel island of Mykonos because of a "worrying" spike in local Covid-19 infections, officials said.
                                              The measures include a curfew from 1am to 6am and a ban on bars, clubs and restaurants from playing music, and are effective immediately until 26 July, deputy civil protection minister Nikos Hardalias said in a statement.
                                              He said today organisers of private gatherings of over 20 people risk fines of up to €200,000.
                                              France tightens rules for some arrivals from Europe

France has announced it will require people arriving from some European countries who are not fully vaccinated to show a negative Covid test taken within the previous 24 hours.

Arrivals from the United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece and the Netherlands will be subject to the new rule, which comes into effect from midnight, Prime Minister Jean Castex said in a statement.
                                              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Sydney tightens lockdown amid 'stubborn' outbreak

Sydney has ordered a shutdown of building sites, banned non-essential retail and threatened fines for employers who make staff come into the office as new Covid-19 cases keep rising three weeks into a citywide lockdown.

Authorities in New South Wales state, of which Sydney is the capital, also banned hundreds of thousands of people in the city's western suburbs, the worst affected area, from leaving their immediate neighbourhoods for work, as they recorded 111 new cases in the prior 24 hours, up from 97 the day before.
                                                Anyone claiming that this COVID pandemic is on "its last legs" are living in a bubble of delusion I fear.
                                                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Wow! My sister teaches maths and lots of teenagers at her school try to avoid wearing the mask whenever they can.

Children at our school (primary school) don't have to wear masks.

I have to say, I'm glad we don't have to wear them anymore. Whenever going to a supermarket, I put the mask on last second and pulled it off first step outside. So glad we don't have to wear it anymore. I never knew whether to wear my glasses (which made me see hardly anything as they went misty as soon as I put on the mask) or put off my glasses and see little as well...
                                                  You could have bought anti fog wipes for your glasses. I am surprised you dont have to wear masks in shops in the Netherlands seeing as cases are quite high now and there have been a lot of restrictions reimposed.
                                                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• With more people getting vaccinated or infected, big waves will become less and less likely in the future. Being fully vaccinated helps against heavy cases of Covid, including Astrazeneca and J&J. Old and fragile citizens may need a booster, but once they are vaccinated, even they can do all the things they used to do. The vaccine prevents Long Covid successfully and even heals it if it already happened source.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X