This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

How do you know? You checked them all personally?
    I guarantee you that no one is checking a single vaccine passport at the doors of nightclubs lol, not happening
    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
    Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• In a newspaper that is critical towards German Corona politics (BILD), I recently read something very interesting: Considering Germany officially announced state of emergency in March 2020 and had it prolonged multiple times (last time in late June 2021 up til September 2021), it should be in the interest of the German government to get out of this situation as soon as possible. The newspaper suggested why not check on a daily basis whether this legal state, that justifies the restriction of basic laws after all, is still necessary? The German government lacks perspective and acts intransparently throughout this whole pandemic.
      As I mentioned in another thread, big projects are supposed to have smart goals (=specific, measurable, activating, realistic, time-bound). What's the goal of the current measurements? Considering this, yes, big time thumbs up to the UK for actually following a goal and daring to realize it!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I guarantee you that no one is checking a single vaccine passport at the doors of nightclubs lol, not happening
        I agree. Same here, nobody cares, people just enter.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Well today should feel like a celebration, but I don’t feel that way because it doesn’t exactly feel like the end, it feels temporary and not “irreversible” as promised. Maybe I would feel different if I’d been to one of the clubs last night. From what I saw here, one was
          promoting a masked ball where staff would take off their masks at midnight, others were advertising their dance floors to be open at midnight and I saw a video of a Conga going on at another

I’ve been out and about today, and it doesn’t really feel any different, through the shops most still have signage telling people to wear a mask, in morrisons I’d say 75% of people are still wearing a mask which is tbh not much difference to last week. I went to the gym for the first time in 18 months (other than swimming) as I wanted to wait til lifted restrictions made it easier to go and it felt fine, though quiet anyway being afternoon, they advised people wore a mask when entering, and most people did, they also had cleaning stations around and there was a lot of signage telling people to clean their equipment after using, which again people complied with. I’m going out for a meal and a few drinks on Saturday so it will be interesting to see how the bars and restaurants are in the city centre of the first weekend of relaxation.
          1 Majestic |2 Sub Focus |3 Cristoph |4 Subwoolfer |5 Rudimental

Comment

• People make decisions. They do it when they decide to smoke cigarettes. They do it when they decide to be promiscious. They do it when they decide to eat red meat. I believe that the state shouldn't decide who goes to clubs and who not. It's up to the club to decide who to let in and up to the customers to decide whether they accept their conditions or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              I’ve not been anywhere today but I’m hearing most people are still wearing masks on public transport and in shops.

Can understand young people itching to go out and dance and pull - the video from Heaven looked so fun - but I’ve no personal desire to suddenly start visiting clubs again. I’m a bit old now anyway
              Sod off, we’re off ASAP

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                Well today should feel like a celebration, but I don’t feel that way because it doesn’t exactly feel like the end, it feels temporary and not “irreversible” as promised. Maybe I would feel different if I’d been to one of the clubs last night. From what I saw here, one was
                promoting a masked ball where staff would take off their masks at midnight, others were advertising their dance floors to be open at midnight and I saw a video of a Conga going on at another

I’ve been out and about today, and it doesn’t really feel any different, through the shops most still have signage telling people to wear a mask, in morrisons I’d say 75% of people are still wearing a mask which is tbh not much difference to last week. I went to the gym for the first time in 18 months (other than swimming) as I wanted to wait til lifted restrictions made it easier to go and it felt fine, though quiet anyway being afternoon, they advised people wore a mask when entering, and most people did, they also had cleaning stations around and there was a lot of signage telling people to clean their equipment after using, which again people complied with. I’m going out for a meal and a few drinks on Saturday so it will be interesting to see how the bars and restaurants are in the city centre of the first weekend of relaxation.
                If you get a "ping" from the app would you have to take off work ? People need their parcels

I heard in some areas bins were not being collected cos all the binmen were in isolation
                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Fingers crossed I’ve not been “pinged” yet. We had a couple of people on my team off with covid over the last year but that’s all, the whole “ping” thing is become a major problem now and I think the government will have to readdress it with some urgency.

Comment

Fingers crossed I’ve not been “pinged” yet. We had a couple of people on my team off with covid over the last year but that’s all, the whole “ping” thing is become a major problem now and I think the government will have to readdress it with some urgency.
                    Yeah i was reading about how they are gonna make changes to make it less Ping sensitive and from mid August people who are fully vaccinated wont have to isolate. I mean technically if cases rise to say 100,000 next week another 500000 to a million could be pinged, if the positives have between 5 and 10 close contacts !!
                    Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• some people are celebrating bc now they can party and dance in the clubs, wow first world problem, i guess?

Anyway, i've seen many young people in the overground not wearing masks and more people are also not wearing masks in the stores (fortunately they are the minority for now). I guess the heatwave does not help...

Comment

• Amazon have told us we must continue to wear masks when delivering, despite being outdoors and being told to keep 2m distance from customers.

Comment

Amazon have told us we must continue to wear masks when delivering, despite being outdoors and being told to keep 2m distance from customers.
                          My delivery man this morning did not have a mask on. Let me report him to customer service immediately.

He was quite hot though so I might cut him some slack.

Stan of Meredith.

Comment

My delivery man this morning did not have a mask on. Let me report him to customer service immediately.

He was quite hot though so I might cut him some slack.
                            The ones that deliver to me don’t usually either, but I always do because I’m well behaved.

Comment

Amazon have told us we must continue to wear masks when delivering, despite being outdoors and being told to keep 2m distance from customers.
                              You're working for Amazon? Sorry to hear that.
                              Anyway, that rule is (scientifically proven to be) pointless. There's a bigger chance to get hit by lightning than getting Covid while being outside and keeping distance. But why am I even surprised... Only yesterday I read about how German teachers got sent into quarantine despite being fully vaccinated AND wearing FFP2 in class due to one infected student. Honestly, if the virus spread that easily, all of us would've caught it 5 times by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

You're working for Amazon? Sorry to hear that
                                You don’t need to be sorry, I love it. People that complain about it are just lazy, the work is very manageable.

Comment

You don’t need to be sorry, I love it. People that complain about it are just lazy, the work is very manageable.
                                  I think people should keep their negative unsolicited opinions about peoples work to themselves because I am sure that you dont give a damn what some random internet poster thinks of your job.
                                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Sod off, we’re off ASAP
                                    Let’s use Madam’s flat as a pilot test event and go from
                                    there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Let’s use Madam’s flat as a pilot test event and go from
                                      there.
                                      Broadcast exclusively on the ukmix podcast.

Comment

Fingers crossed I’ve not been “pinged” yet. We had a couple of people on my team off with covid over the last year but that’s all, the whole “ping” thing is become a major problem now and I think the government will have to readdress it with some urgency.
                                        There was some article the other day which had a headline that nearly 5M will have to self isolate due to the app and economists were worried it would sink recovery process.
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

You're working for Amazon? Sorry to hear that.
                                          Anyway, that rule is (scientifically proven to be) pointless. There's a bigger chance to get hit by lightning than getting Covid while being outside and keeping distance. But why am I even surprised... Only yesterday I read about how German teachers got sent into quarantine despite being fully vaccinated AND wearing FFP2 in class due to one infected student. Honestly, if the virus spread that easily, all of us would've caught it 5 times by now.
                                          Well, teachers are not creatures that exist without social bonds, you know. The majority of teachers live with children and or other people at home who may and most likely are not vaccinated... and being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from getting it... it may just protect you from croaking in agony. So, I can understand that these teachers were sent home..
                                          My Chart

Comment

• The fact that Tokyo is in a State of Emergency right now.
                                            Stan of Meredith.

Comment

I think people should keep their negative unsolicited opinions about peoples work to themselves because I am sure that you dont give a damn what some random internet poster thinks of your job.
                                              can I just say that I love everybody who is bringing me my parcels?

So, shane... you are the wind beneath my wings. <3
                                              My Chart

Comment

The fact that Tokyo is in a State of Emergency right now.
                                                They should really just cancel the event... and pull a "see ya in 3 years".
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Well, teachers are not creatures that exist without social bonds, you know. The majority of teachers live with children and or other people at home who may and most likely are not vaccinated... and being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from getting it... it may just protect you from croaking in agony. So, I can understand that these teachers were sent home..
                                                  Yeah, I know the story, vaccination doesn't prevent you from getting it, masks don't prevent you from getting it, distance doesn't prevent you from getting it. Something about Swiss cheese method. To be honest, I feel like some people enjoy this 'everything is so horrible, we're all gonna die' for some weird reason.
                                                  No thanks for me. It's time to go for an exit at some point. We survived the last 1.5 years and believe it or not, we'll all gonna die as some 90-something year old folks. With or without Covid being around ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

They should really just cancel the event... and pull a "see ya in 3 years".
                                                    And you'll guarantee that it'll be fine in 3 years? Come on! There will be some even deadlier mutation by then, which will still refuse to kill all of us despite what scientists will have said but still got all of us in panic because of 'the big unknown'.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X