• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

some people, am I right?!
    My Chart

Comment

• Not sure if I got understood correctly, but I learned that deaf students read from the lips, which is very difficult if the teacher has to wear a mask. Same for mentally disabled students. I guess that's one of the reason why many special education teachers didn't have to wear masks in class.
      Last edited by theMathematician; Mon July 19, 2021, 22:06.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        Not sure if I got understood correctly, but I learned that deaf students read from the lips, which is very difficult if the teacher has to wear a mask. Same for mentally disabled students. I guess that's one of the reason why many special education teachers didn't have to wear masks in class.
        There are also face-shields which these teachers were allowed to wear...
        My Chart

Comment

• Thanks for the additional info, stevyy .

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

There are also face-shields which these teachers were allowed to wear...
            I admire your patience, a literal saint.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I will always wear a mask in the winter, it prevented me from catching the flu and Turkish people has a tradition of kissing each other, with a mask on, i won't have to kiss anyone (if you refuse to kiss, you're being labeled as impolite).

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                I will always wear a mask in the winter, it prevented me from catching the flu and Turkish people has a tradition of kissing each other, with a mask on, i won't have to kiss anyone (if you refuse to kiss, you're being labeled as impolite).
                kissing / hugging someone to greet them or to say goodbye is such a foreign concept in my society... we just look at each other, standing 25 metres away from one another, and shout "Moin" and then we leave... bc everything was said... and by the tone of the voice you just communicate everything that you wanted to say...

so, you got a new house / car / horse whatever... you say "Moooiiin"... and if you're down and depressed... you say "M'o'in')

It's quick and germs free.
                My Chart

Comment

• Doesn’t feel like this will ever fully go away. Even if every country declared the pandemic over it will haunt us for many years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                    Doesn’t feel like this will ever fully go away. Even if every country declared the pandemic over it will haunt us for many years to come.
                    It's solely a mental thing. The moment you stop constantly worrying, the earlier you can focus on other things. Imagine if we checked the daily cancer or trafic accident rates!

-----

stevyy : Germany is among the more socially distant countries worldwide, and yes, Northern Germany is even more extreme in that regard compared to the rest of the country. I don't think that's a positive trait however, so I hope that post-Corona, Germans will become more social interactive beings and not go for even less than what they already do. The only people worse than the Germans are probably only the Finns ^^ .

Comment

• Dominic Cummings: The Interview: Former adviser shares WhatsApp messages 'from PM'

The political adviser, who left Downing Street during a bitter row in November, shared a series of messages from October 15 that appear to be from Johnson to aides.

“I must say I have been slightly rocked by some of the data on covid fatalities. The median age is 82 – 81 for men 85 for women. That is above life expectancy. So get COVID and live longer. Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital (4 per cent ) and of those virtually all survive. And I no longer buy all this nhs overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate,” they read.

“There are max 3 m in this country aged over 80.

“It shows we don’t go for nation wide lockdown.”

Cummings said in the interview that Johnson’s attitude at the time was a “weird mix of, er, partly it’s all nonsense and lockdowns don’t work anyway and partly well this is terrible but the people who are dying are essentially all over 80 and we can’t kill the economy just because of people dying over 80”.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...sages-from-pm/

Comment

• ^^ Says the person who is perched in this thread daily trying to convince everyone Corona is not real and watches vaccination numbers worldwide like a hawk providing constant updates LOL as well as closely following all developments. The irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                          It will be for all large events, including sports, concerts, music festivals, clubs.
                          All those who love football and have a season ticket will need to be double jabbed.
                          They need to emphasise that people without jabs need to book now as the wait between jabs is 8 - 10weeks i think? So it's not something they can do in September and think they'll be "free" to go about.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• 18000 new cases in France in the last 24 hours as infections are up by 150 percent..

French health minister Olivier Veran has said that new Covid-19 infections were increasing at an unprecedented rate due to the Delta variant, after 18,000 cases were reported for the previous 24 hours.

Referring to the latest figures while speaking in parliament, Veran said: “That means we have an increase in the spread of the virus of around 150 percent in the last week: we’ve never seen that, neither with Covid [the original form], nor the British variant, nor the South African or the Brazilian one.”

The level of infections is the highest since mid-May, when the country was emerging from a third nationwide lockdown, AFP reports. France, which is bracing for a fourth wave of infections because of the spread of the Delta variant, has been racing to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

Comment

• Also it has been reported that Olympic Games could be potentially cancelled if cases continue to rise..

Olympic organising chief takes pragmatic approach over potentially cancelling Games

The chief of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee has not ruled out cancelling the Olympics if Covid-19 cases rise sharply, as more athletes tested positive for the virus and sponsors ditched plans to attend Friday’s opening ceremony.

Asked at a news conference if the global sporting showpiece might still be cancelled, Toshiro Muto said he would keep an eye on infection numbers and liaise with other organisers if necessary.

“We will continue discussions if there is a spike in cases,” said Muto. “We have agreed that based on the coronavirus situation, we will convene five-party talks again. At this point, the coronavirus cases may rise or fall, so we will think about what we should do when the situation arises.”

A spokesman for Tokyo 2020 later said organisers were “concentrating 100% on delivering successful Games”.

Rising Covid-19 cases in Tokyo have cast a large shadow over an event that, having already been postponed last year because of the pandemic, will now take place without spectators. Japan this month decided that participants would compete in empty venues to minimise health risks, Reuters reports.

Comment

• Most athletes are young with no critical background, so I don't see too many fears regarding the athletes themselves. Of course they could spread the virus, but then again, aren't they getting tested or something?
                                Sooner or later, we need to accept that some people will end up getting infected. I mean, the UK has gone the first step in that direction with the freedom day.

@bm08: It depends on the vaccine. J&J only requires one jap and you're through after 14 days. Considering this, I'm surprised that in my region, less than 2% of all vaccinations were provided with J&J. I'm not entirely sure with Biontech, but I think it's something between 4-6 weeks (+ 14 days, of course).

greek_boy : Turns out that Johnson wasn't all that wrong, to be honest.
                                Last edited by theMathematician; Tue July 20, 2021, 19:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

@bm08: It depends on the vaccine. J&J only requires one jap and you're through after 14 days. Considering this, I'm surprised that in my region, less than 2% of all vaccinations were provided with J&J. I'm not entirely sure with Biontech, but I think it's something between 4-6 weeks (+ 14 days, of course).
                                  Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure if JJ is authorised in the UK yet though - I havent followed it that closely but maybe it is.
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure if JJ is authorised in the UK yet though - I havent followed it that closely but maybe it is.
                                    UK aren't using J J. The tweet says you must be double jabbed which implies two shots. Unless they bring it in later.

Comment

• I thought they were reducing the wait time between first and second to 4 weeks? All adults have been offered the first dose now anyway, so 8 weeks from now is mid-September.

Comment

• Crazy to think it will be September in 8 weeks . The year has flown by.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
                                          Dominic Cummings: The Interview: Former adviser shares WhatsApp messages 'from PM'

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...sages-from-pm/
                                          Embarassing tbh. He probably sent those messages the day before he marched onto This Morning and announced that
                                          “One of the theories is, perhaps you could sort of take it on the chin, take it all in one go. And allow the disease, as it were, to move through the population without taking as many draconian measures.”
                                          https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=748323042737120
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Tue July 20, 2021, 21:40.

Comment

Crazy to think it will be September in 8 weeks . The year has flown by.
                                            I agree, it's crazy! To quote Celine, Another Year Has Gone By....

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

I agree, it's crazy! To quote Celine, Another Year Has Gone By....
                                              you make it seem like... it's time to play Auld Lang Syne and buy the NYE fireworks.
                                              My Chart

Comment

Embarassing tbh. He probably sent those messages the day before he marched onto This Morning and announced that

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=748323042737120
                                                That's quite uncomfortable to watch really.

There is no shortage of evidence from around the world that shows how often and how badly world leaders have handled this pandemic. In fact, allowing it to become a pandemic, ongoing, and never learning from their mistakes.

And now the evidence points to younger and younger people getting infected, and some people still want to avert their gaze.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

That's quite uncomfortable to watch really.

There is no shortage of evidence from around the world that shows how often and how badly world leaders have handled this pandemic. In fact, allowing it to become a pandemic, ongoing, and never learning from their mistakes.

And now the evidence points to younger and younger people getting infected, and some people still want to avert their gaze.
                                                  The fact that he is still making decisions is chilling. Like literally chilling. I am not against opening up, gradually and safely not this pick a date and everything is as it was bullcrap . Just so he can gloat about FrEeDoM DaY while spending it in isolation.

Comment

• The public interest in vaccinations is starting to decrease in Germany:
                                                    Tuesday 4 weeks ago: 1.067 mio. doses
                                                    Tuesday 3 weeks ago: 925k doses
                                                    Tuesday 2 weeks ago: 771k doses
                                                    Tuesday last week: 754k doses
                                                    Tuesday: 572k doses

Comment

Working...
                                                    X