Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
    Well, I had to go into the office yesterday as I was made to hold a face to face meeting with a colleague and a customer. This despite us resisting and asking for a virtual meeting. It wasn't even business critical either and could've easily been sorted on an email! Anyway, I spent the entire day working in a very small, non ventilated room with said colleague - both of us have been double jabbed. Just got told that they've tested positive today
    This is why businesses are idiots for insisting people go back, it's resulting in everyone either catching Covid or having to self-isolate because they've been close to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

This is why businesses are idiots for insisting people go back, it's resulting in everyone either catching Covid or having to self-isolate because they've been close to them.
      Exactly, this was the problem with going to zero restrictions over night - it fundamentally set up the perfect environment for covid to spread and for people to come into contact with peope who have it resulting in isolation. Literally made no sense at all.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Anyone can have an educated opinion about anything. The fact that I or you have taken the vaccine doesn't make our opinions identical or better than anyone else's.
        He works in the hospitality industry, everyone knows its the main industry where its a hot spot for covid.
        He should inform customers who he deals with, because all walks of life go to these places.

People who work in the heath sector, hospitals, nursing homes, working with people who have learning disabilities.

So yes, people need to know!

Comment

• It Will eventually get to a stage where employers will say get the jab or no job. Some companies are already saying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Shit.. does that mean you have to isolate at home now or what ?
            They've taken three lateral flows but not a pcr - going for that today and if it's positive which I think it will be then yes, I'll have to spend 10 days at home isolating.

It's ironic really as today before I knew, I got into an argument with HR who say I have to go back in permanently and immediately. I've told them I refuse as cases are rising and there's been multiple outbreaks on site so it's not being managed. All I got was a "it's not negotiable" and now I'm likely to have to self isolate after one day on site. Says it all really!

Comment

• OK, I think many people raise a lot of issues based in what I said so I will try to answer to all:

@Infamous: I don't think I tried to silence anybody. Quite the contrary. I said that ideas should not be heard or not heard based on vaccination status
              IDreamed & @spiritboy: I am under the impression that although unvaccinated people can spread the virus easier, vaccinated people can spread as well. Also vaccinated people will most likely not get seriously sick because the vaccine protects them. If all the above are correct, there is (within limits) no reason to worry about anyone else's vaccination status, besides your own and your loved ones'.
              @Bodyshop: the idea that unvaccinated people are responsible for the variants is not only unsubstantiated but also unscientific to the max. It's one of those arguments that people think it's true just because it gets repeated so often. It's absolutely false
              Parkelife & @wave: governments can choose what type of restrictions should be put in place. In regards to the hospitality industry, if a government decides that unvaccinated people should not work there, that means that the employee has the right to know the employer's vaccination status, not any random customer since this falls within the sphere of personal medical data.

- My personal opinion is that vaccination is of value to protect yourself to a certain extent if such protection is needed. Anything more or less than that is basically nonsense. Personally I would keep away from anybody coughing, I wouldn't ask his vaccination status and then decide how much distance I would keep based on that. On the same note, I wouldn't be afraid of anyone without visible covid symptoms regardless of the vaccination status simply because I am vaccinated so that offers enough protection within logical limits.
              jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

Thankfully this is happening !! When restrictons are reimpsed in winter, as they will, anti vaxers will find themselves exculded from a lot of things. In some places a negative test will not be accepted and even if it is, the governments are going to stop providing free tests for people who just want it for events so they will find things very expensive and just awkward.
                I'll give it 3-4 weeks in the UK. This "freedom day" BS will not last until winter LOL.
                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
                  It Will eventually get to a stage where employers will say get the jab or no job. Some companies are already saying it.
                  Yep this. My workplace is already pressuring people who are still like "dunno if I should take the vaccine yet" to take it already. It won't take long until everyone is requiered to have it and any new employee will also have to be vaccinated before entering a position.
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• I wonder how far along the cowboys are with providing people with fake covid certification. It won’t be long if not already.
                    1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

Well there's still people taking the "all of this is an exaggeration " route you know?! And,for them,you don't need a vaccine or any kind of restriction. All you have to do is be positive and act like everything is normal bc then,the virus will disappear from the face of the planet.
                      So,yes I agree,screw them.
                      Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                      Why is the idea absurd? If you simply refuse to be vaccinated you're potentially helping the virus to mutate to more powerful and dangerous variants,it's as simple as that (among other stuff).
                      I definitely agree.this should be a Public matter and everyone should know who they're dealing with.
                      I mean,ok ,you're free to choose to not be vaccinated but also take the consequences of your choice.
                      The amount of points made phew
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I'll give it 3-4 weeks in the UK. This "freedom day" BS will not last until winter LOL.
                        Boris will hold off as long as possible. He is unhinged. But yeah i probably could have changed winter to autumn..

Comment

• For three weeks into the new school year (which starts in 2 weeks in my state)... kids have to wear masks inside the building (but not outside anymore)... and then ... they want to abolish the mask mandate for students in my state... that is the hope of Miss education, Karin Prien who is the school / education minister of my state.

I can't at the ridiculousness of it all... as if in 3 weeks Delta is gone and all 5 to 18 y.o. will be vaccinated... and as if keeping the 1,5 distance is actually possible... in rooms that have 30+ kids in them but are only like 25m big. lol.

the non-brain and low IQ that she is once again showing... is baffling.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                            For three weeks into the new school year (which starts in 2 weeks in my state)... kids have to wear masks inside the building (but not outside anymore)... and then ... they want to abolish the mask mandate for students in my state... that is the hope of Miss education, Karin Prien who is the school / education minister of my state.

I can't at the ridiculousness of it all... as if in 3 weeks Delta is gone and all 5 to 18 y.o. will be vaccinated... and as if keeping the 1,5 distance is actually possible... in rooms that have 30+ kids in them but are only like 25m big. lol.

the non-brain and low IQ that she is once again showing... is baffling.
                            Germany has done a decent job of holding off Delta so far, of course it is down to luck more than anything else, but when it hits, which it will, it hits hard and fast. Just look at France.

Comment

• Projection for Germany from health minister Spann:

Germany's COVID incidence may surpass 400 per 100,000 people in Sept -minister

BERLIN, July 21 (Reuters) - The number of infections per 100,000 people over seven days in Germany will reach more than 400 in September if case numbers keep rising at their current pace, Health Minister Jens Spahn said on Wednesday.
                              Via Reuters

Comment

• WTF is this black fungus add on..

India records more than 4,300 black fungus deaths – report

There have been 45,374 cases of the infection mucormycosis - known as black fungus – in India, the BBC reports.

The illness, which is caused by exposure to a mould often found in soil, air and human mucus, mainly affects COVID patients.

It spreads through the respiratory tract and doctors sometimes have to remove the eye to stop it reaching the brain.

The infection is said to usually strike 12-18 days after recovery from coronavirus.

So far, more than 4,300 people are reported to have died of it in India.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                  @Bodyshop: the idea that unvaccinated people are responsible for the variants is not only unsubstantiated but also unscientific to the max. It's one of those arguments that people think it's true just because it gets repeated so often. It's absolutely false
                                  Sorry jio,but the only thing absolutely false here is your argument that unvacinated people are not more likely to help the virus get stronger .

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/03/healt...ies/index.html

Like the above link that are SEVERAL ,in which scientists explain why unvaccinated people are "variants fatctories" . And no ,its not true because it's gets repeated often. It's true because it's obvious, you should double-check your sources because you are the one spreading false information here.

If you have an organism protected against a virus by being vaccinated and producing antibodies against that said virus, you can still catch it and become sick but by having more chances to win the battle against it, you're also potentially killing the chances of that said virus to become stronger because you didn't have antibodies to combat them if you otherwise hadn't been vaccinated.
                                  it's actually so simple that I feel kinda embarrassed to have to write that for someone as intelligent as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                    Sorry jio,but the only thing absolutely false here is your argument that unvacinated people are not more likely to help the virus get stronger .

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/03/healt...ies/index.html

Like the above link that are SEVERAL ,in which scientists explain why unvaccinated people are "variants fatctories" . And no ,its not true because it's gets repeated often. It's true because it's obvious, you should double-check your sources because you are the one spreading false information here.

If you have an organism protected against a virus by being vaccinated and producing antibodies against that said virus, you can still catch it and become sick but by having more chances to win the battle against it, you're also potentially killing the chances of that said virus to become stronger because you didn't have antibodies to combat them if you otherwise hadn't been vaccinated.
                                    it's actually so simple that I feel kinda embarrassed to have to write that for someone as intelligent as you.
                                    Exactly. Clock that fake news.. Experts have repeatedly stated that unvaccinated people are literal "variant factories"

Comment

Germany has done a decent job of holding off Delta so far, of course it is down to luck more than anything else, but when it hits, which it will, it hits hard and fast. Just look at France.
                                      LOL.

Giving "Germany has done a great job holding off Covid in early 2020" teas

Nothing has been "done" yet again. Just wait for the absolute chaos in a few months when Delta hits us hard
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

we did not... really... tests are down, vaccinations are down and everyone is looking at the UK in envy... I'd say that 75% of all people living in my country want their own "freedom day" as well... as fast as possible. Germany is currently in exponential growth... in 2-3 weeks the situation will be exactly the same as ... in January. We are only lacking a bit behind right now... why we are not doing anything special or "behave" better or whatever...
                                        My Chart

Comment

LOL.

Nothing has been "done" yet again. Just wait for the absolute chaos in a few months when Delta hits us hard
                                          exactly. They did NOTHING. Merkel... also is only waiting for her term to be finally over... so she can self-isolate. It feels like everyone in power is jumping ship as long as they still can... leaving the people behind, hoping that we will soon begin to turn on each other. This all gives me some Hitler in the bunker teas in circa April 1945... when he issued that Germans because of their weakness did not deserve to survive and ordered all infrastructure, industry and what not to be demolished.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Well, replications are responsible for mutations (as the article says) so I am not sure why the author (or anyone else for that matter) would assume that replication of the virus does not happen in vaccinated individuals as well. It may happen in much lower levels but it does happen, since infections of vaccinated people are common.

So since vaccines reduce but do not stop infection and transmission, it's illogical to think that only unvaccinated people are responsible for mutations.
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

LOL.

Well I literally said it is down to luck more than anything else but at the same time cases have not exploded as much as I thought they might a week ago. Obvs it's only a matter of time though.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                In Turkey, you can get second dose of Biontech/Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks after the first dose. It was 6 weeks at first, then they dropped it to 4 weeks between doses.

Turkey will be a hotspot of Delta variant once this religious holiday ends.

It is 4 weeks in EU, as far as i know. In UK, it was 8 weeks (!!) and now they accept anyone for the 2nd dose 4 weeks after the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

It is 4 weeks in EU, as far as i know. In UK, it was 8 weeks (!!) and now they accept anyone for the 2nd dose 4 weeks after the first one.
                                                  I don't know which vaccine was it but i remember it having 12 weeks between two doses.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

I don't know which vaccine was it but i remember it having 12 weeks between two doses.
                                                    AstraZeneca
                                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Working...
                                                    X