Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Not sure if this is entirely relevant to this topic but let me tell you about my evening last night. We took my Mum out for dinner, but decided to go for a drink beforehand, when we got to the bar, it was bizarre to just be told by doorstaff to just go in, no rules, no masks, no asking for bookings, or to check in etc.. kind of nice, back to normal. They were still taking orders via an app at the table too, which was nice because covid got me lazy when it comes to ordering drinks. It was pretty busy, but was outside and felt quite happy.

At the restaurant, again, we weren't told to wear masks (though we did when walking) and not asked to check in. Staff were all wearing masks and it was nice to see groups of older people out and enjoying a meal.

Then we decided to go for another drink afterwards and this is where it kind of went weird. We went to a cocktail bar. where we were asked if we had booked, we hadn't and the doorstaff told us we could sit at one of the outside tables, which was fine because it was decent weather. They had the barcodes on the table, so I went to order a drink via the app, but the doorman came back over and told us they didn't do table service anymore and I was to go and order at the bar. When I went inside it felt VERY weird. The place was full, I had to squeeze past people to get to the door and everyone was hugging and dancing and close together, all the bar staff weren't wearing masks and were very close together. I thought I would feel happy to be back in that situation, it looked like a normal night out to me, but it made me feel strange and I wasn't expecting it. I'm not sure if I felt weird because of the sudden change to normality, or whether I just felt totally out of place I'm 18 months older than I was the last time I had a night out but I felt about 80 years older so I don't know if it was more that, lots of very young girls wearing not much, with way too much makeup and patchy tans, and bolshy young lads who looked like children thinking they're the man with their vodka redbulls. I was so ready to go back to some sort of nightlife, but it was not the experience I thought I was going to get. Maybe I was in the wrong place.
    How could they ask you if you had booked when the place was completely full inside and you had to go in anyway to get the drinks lol.
    Was anyone going to make sure you came back out again haha
    Seems a bit pointless.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Was it Call Lane by any chance? I was out for tea and drinks on Thursday and the same sort of crowd were milling about but it wasn’t that busy on the whole and we sat outside.

I haven’t had that experience yet but can imagine it’d be really alien and it makes you realise just how fearless and risk averse people are at 20 years old even compared to us in our mid-30s. It would just feel really weird to dance in a club again with strangers flicking their sweat everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How could they ask you if you had booked when the place was completely full inside and you had to go in anyway to get the drinks lol.
        Was anyone going to make sure you came back out again haha
        Seems a bit pointless.
        I wondered that too, I mean, i didn't think you needed a table now anyway?

1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
          Was it Call Lane by any chance? I was out for tea and drinks on Thursday and the same sort of crowd were milling about but it wasn’t that busy on the whole and we sat outside.

Greek Street. A feast for the eyes, but not in a good way.

Comment

• Very pleased to hear COVID cases are dropping again in the UK, which I guess spiked because of the football. Schools are now closed for summer so hopefully we’ll have a peaceful summer like last year.
            Words are useless, especially sentences.
            they don’t stand for anything.
            How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
              Very pleased to hear COVID cases are dropping again in the UK, which I guess spiked because of the football. Schools are now closed for summer so hopefully we’ll have a peaceful summer like last year.
              Mmm, not so sure - festivals are taking place again, concerts will soon start up, nightclubs and pubs fully operational…I think we need to wait and see (another couple of weeks) what the full impact of reopening is. Hoping for the best but expecting a version of the worst - would love to be wrong,

Comment

• Well, schools are the only worrsome place in that list as children can't be vaccinated yet. On the other hand, I don't even think that's worrisome as the vast majority of children experience mild to asymptomatic cases. Anyway, concerts, nightclubs and pubs... Adults go there and the vaccination rate among adults in the UK is very high. So don't worry too much!
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Mmm, not so sure - festivals are taking place again, concerts will soon start up, nightclubs and pubs fully operational…I think we need to wait and see (another couple of weeks) what the full impact of reopening is. Hoping for the best but expecting a version of the worst - would love to be wrong,
                  I put a picture of my second vaccine on my snapchat the other day, to which a 19 year old I used to work with responded "F The Jabs" I get the impression that bizarre opinion may be more widespread amongst the younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Well, I plan on avoiding all of those things for the foreseeable so I am still hoping for a quiet summer. I’m off to the countryside in a few weeks where hopefully the biggest problem I have will be the constant smell of cow pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I put a picture of my second vaccine on my snapchat the other day, to which a 19 year old I used to work with responded "F The Jabs" I get the impression that bizarre opinion may be more widespread amongst the younger.
                      They made a serious error saying people under certain ages aren’t at risk and won’t be offered a vaccine. Rather than being a conspiracy theory, I honestly think it’s more of a ‘I didn’t need one but now I do? Nah, I’m good’ thing.

Comment

• Maybe I will enjoy going out again more in a months time or so when those in that age group can't get in

Comment

• One thing I am pleasantly surprised about is that in most situations, face masks continue to be worn by a majority of people - I've noticed that on trams as they whizz by, in supermarkets and even at Costco yesterday...vast majority are wearing face masks!

Whilst in Costco yesterday, I noticed that the boxes of 50 face masks were reduced by 75% to less than a fiver - I bought another box as I don't think we've seen the last of face masks. It certainly won't be a wasted purchase for me as I foresee wearing them for at least another couple of months but clearly retailers are going to sell stuff like this off now cheap.

Comment

• You're supposed to change the mask each day or something, aren't you? I only change it when it's dirty or smells bad.
                            In indoor areas, my country is still very strict regarding masks, but in outdoor areas, it's more relaxed now, and I've seen most people decide not to wear their mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              You're supposed to change the mask each day or something, aren't you? I only change it when it's dirty or smells bad.
                              July 25th, 2021….

You’re supposed to change your mask every 4 hours.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The impact of "freedom day" wont be seen yet. Give it three weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

July 25th, 2021….

Imagine wearing the same face mask over your mouth until its visibly dirty. Like gross.

Comment

• I’m already hearing whispers that face masks will be mandatory again by autumn. We know this government loves a u-turn.

Happy for 19 year olds not to have the jab and keep them out of gigs and events where they’re annoying AF.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

July 25th, 2021….

I mean...I was going to say the same...18 months into the pandemic, this is not the time to be asking this question.

Comment

• I keep a face mask for a day at a time - I certainly don't wear multiple face masks throughout the day because of the 4 hour rule referenced above (but then I only need to wear the mask really when I'm in a shop or some other indoor public venue, which isn't all that often at the moment). I've seen some horrors though, like people pull a disposable face mask out from the bottom of their handbag...

I should also add I'm obviously referring to disposable masks here, not those awful reusable and ineffective fabric masks that people have been wearing.

Comment

• Me too, I am wearing surgical masks and I change at least once a day (obviously in the Cypriot summer more often). I don't care about the 4 hours rule either, here surgical masks are 30 euros per 50 so I can't afford 3-4 masks per day.
                                          jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

• I only wear a mask indoors, i have never worn one outdoors. I change it daily and keep it in a cellophane sandwich bag which I also discard daily.
                                            And yes surgical masks all the time. Those cloth things are a waste of time. But wearing the same mask until it is visibly dirty.. just no

Comment

• So happy we don't have to wear masks anymore. Only place I've lately wore a mask was at the hospital.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Well, you see, I've gone through this pandemic without changing the mask daily. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I'm almost certain that there are quite a few people out there changing their masks rarely.

Comment

• It's summer holiday now, but when I went to work (school) every day, we could get a new mask at the entrance, so I changed mine daily.

We also have to go to the hospital regularly (my husband gets treated for cancer) and they give you a new mask when you enter, which you have to take as they have "special" ones.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                    Well, you see, I've gone through this pandemic without changing the mask daily. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I'm almost certain that there are quite a few people out there changing their masks rarely.
                                                    Doubtlessly, but there are also quite a few people not washing, cleaning their teeth or changing their underwear as often as they should too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X