Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    spiritboy : I remember how you reported months ago that you knew a few people who got infected more than once. Have those people caught it again in the meantime? Is there like a record of infections over the past 1.5 years?
    I don't think they caught it again. Vaccinations made sure people are safe and apart from a few dumb people all of my friends have been vaccinated. I don't meet my friends who refuse to be vaccinated. Infections increased a lot thanks to a 11 day religious holiday but thankfully 95% of the hospitalizations are from unvaccinated people.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• OK, thanks for the reply, my friend.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• The unvaccinated are in for a tough six months. I applaud governments for the action they are taking against these foolish crew of people. Banish them to the wasteland.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I had my second Phizer vaccine yesterday. Yesterday I felt fine besides soreness at the injection site.
          today is rough. I have overall light joint pain in my knees and elbows. Most of it though is concentrated in my lower back. I can’t really be on my feet for long before I wanna lie down. No fever, and no loss of taste or smell. Which is nice because I just ordered tacos for dinner.
          hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Glad to be fully vaxxed though. (At least until they decide we need a third one)
          Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            'Dangerous' is subjective anyway. Would it be problem if after 1.5 years, you come to the conclusion that the virus is dangerous while I come to another?
            It isn’t subjective - it might be less dangerous for you as a young person but for a significant number of people (like hundreds of millions around the world), this could mean death. For elderly people, people with underlying health issues - this virus could literally shorten or end their lives. That’s dangerous, not subjectively so - it’s dangerous. And that you don’t see that, or that you see it differently, does not make it acceptable for you to air such views.

I’m actively supportive of members of our community speaking their mind, and airing their views - just yesterday, I asked our moderation team not to intervene in the DaBaby topic as it’s all healthy (occasionally heated) discussion and it usually resolves itself. I don’t like topics being locked and I don’t usually allow permanent bans. I want this to be a vibrant place with healthy disagreements and discussions. But when members of our community have literally lost members of their family, or their friends to this cruel and dangerous virus, I will not allow you to make such obviously ridiculous comments.

Again, I implore you to chill and not speak every thought that comes into your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              The unvaccinated are in for a tough six months. I applaud governments for the action they are taking against these foolish crew of people. Banish them to the wasteland.
              I agree. I am seeing a chain reaction of work places requiring all their staff to be vaccinated and I am loving that. It won't be long until vaccinations will be a requirement for literally everything. It's the only way out of this pandemic.
              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

I agree. I am seeing a chain reaction of work places requiring all their staff to be vaccinated and I am loving that. It won't be long until vaccinations will be a requirement for literally everything. It's the only way out of this pandemic.
                Abolutely. It is so ironic to me that those who crow the loudest about lockdowns and measures are the very ones standing in the way of progress and normality via their sheer stupidity. The vaccination era is upon us I fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post
                  I had my second Phizer vaccine yesterday. Yesterday I felt fine besides soreness at the injection site.
                  today is rough. I have overall light joint pain in my knees and elbows. Most of it though is concentrated in my lower back. I can’t really be on my feet for long before I wanna lie down. No fever, and no loss of taste or smell. Which is nice because I just ordered tacos for dinner.
                  hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Glad to be fully vaxxed though. (At least until they decide we need a third one)
                  It takes a week for Pfizer to kick in after the second dose so no orgies just yet

Comment

• It's actually 2 weeks
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                      It's actually 2 weeks
                      It actually isnt. With Pfizer it is one. I have the literature in front of me from the vaccination centre.

Comment

• I went out out last night and while at first it was strange to be in a busy bar, it quickly felt normal. Everyone dancing, chatting, hugging.
                        1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                          I went out out last night and while at first it was strange to be in a busy bar, it quickly felt normal. Everyone dancing, chatting, hugging.
                          I knew you wouldn't be long getting back on the horse. I have had lunch indoors twice this week and went to a pretty busy terrace this afternoon for a coffee. Didn't really have any issues doing either thing.

Comment

It actually isnt. With Pfizer it is one. I have the literature in front of me from the vaccination centre.
                            https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...accinated.html

Here...
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• The CDC is based in America and governs the US only. I live In Europe, and I will trust the literature from my vaccination centre ok.

Comment

The CDC is based in America and governs the US only. I live In Europe, and I will trust the literature from my vaccination centre ok.
                                As if we are talking about a different product... just admit you are wrong, it's not a problem really

btw also in the UK, you can't get a domestic covid pass unless 2 weeks from second dose have passed so the literature u read is obviously wrong, u should tell them.
                                Last edited by jio; Sat July 31, 2021, 20:56.

Comment

As if we are talking about a different product... just admit you are wrong, it's not a problem really
                                  Sure because I am just inventing literature. You are a really arrogant individual.

How long it takes to work. It takes 7 days after the second dose for the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to work. This is when you are fully vaccinated. You should get your second dose 21 to 28 days after your first dose.

Comment

It's actually 2 weeks
                                    I also understood it to be 2 weeks - that’s certainly what the CMO in the U.K. has said on briefings if I recall correctly. They may have been talking generally though, rather than specifically about one vaccine type.

Comment

• link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

I also understood it to be 2 weeks - that’s certainly what the CMO in the U.K. has said on briefings if I recall correctly. They may have been talking generally though, rather than specifically about one vaccine type.
                                        No, you can't get a covid pass in the UK unless 2 weeks have passed from second dose. Also both the CDC and the ECDC mention the 2 weeks period so it's not wrong. You do have some protection after 1 week (or after the first dose) but it's not full.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

It is two weeks after AZ, one after Pfizer.

Here is the part from the official UK documentation and what is given at vaccination centres.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...vid-19-vaccine

If you receive one dose of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2, you should receive a second dose of the same vaccine at least 21 days later to complete the vaccination series. Protection against COVID-19 disease may not be maximally effective until at least 7 days after the second dose.
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 31, 2021, 21:06.

Comment

• OK but that goes against common knowledge of the vaccines... Also the NHS won't give you a covid pass for domestic events unless 2 weeks from second dose have passed so I guess they don't agree with the 7 days either...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...19/covid-pass/

Anyway, we might have just found the reason of so many infections in the UK... wrong info lol lol

Comment

• I see, good to know!

Comment

OK but that goes against common knowledge of the vaccines... Also the NHS won't give you a covid pass for domestic events unless 2 weeks from second dose have passed so I guess they don't agree with the 7 days either...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...19/covid-pass/

Anyway, we might have just found the reason of so many infections in the UK... wrong info lol lol
                                                Take it up with the UK government then.

But don't tell me I am inventing information when I literally had a physical leaflet in front of me that I was reading from.

Your last point makes no sense as if you cannot get a pass for domestic events until two weeks after anyway then people one week after their second Pfizer dose cannot attend them and there are no restrictions on entering pubs, clubs or restaurants anyway. So, lacking a bit of logic there I fear.

Also, it is simply easier for the NHS to have a standard time limit for when they issue passes, however that does NOT change the info from the governement on the Pfizer vaccine, which clearly states that you have protection one week ( 7 days) after your second dose. Two completely different points.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 31, 2021, 21:21.

Comment

Take it up with the UK government then.

But don't tell me I am inventing information when I literally had a physical leaflet in front of me that I was reading from.

Your last point makes no sense as if you cannot get a pass for domestic events until two weeks after anyway then people one week after their second Pfizer dose cannot attend them and there are no restrictions on entering pubs, clubs or restaurants anyway. So, lacking a bit of logic there I fear.
                                                  Oh come on now, I assumed you made a mistake because the 2 weeks bracket is like common knowledge not just here but in every report/paper I have read (many times citing the less than 2 weeks time since 2nd dose as the reason why some people got re-infected soon after being fully vaccinated) so I couldn't imagine a government agency of any country giving a different timeline. I am actually really surprised by that.

Also I didn't invent the NHS rules, they are there. Lacking logic? Sure but most things in life lack logic, especially with this pandemic. Are there any additional priviledges gained 7 days after vaccination?

Comment

Oh come on now, I assumed you made a mistake because the 2 weeks bracket is like common knowledge not just here but in every report/paper I have read (many times citing the less than 2 weeks time since 2nd dose as the reason why some people got re-infected soon after being fully vaccinated) so I couldn't imagine a government agency of any country giving a different timeline. I am actually really surprised by that.

Also I didn't invent the NHS rules, they are there. Lacking logic? Sure but most things in life lack logic, especially with this pandemic. Are there any additional priviledges gained 7 days after vaccination?
                                                    Whatever you say. I told you twice that I was reading from literature I was given by the vaccination centre. Do you think I dont recognize the number 7 from the number 14 or what ?
                                                    Hopefully this will teach you a valuable lesson about making incorrect assumptions.

Also I never said that you invented the NHS rules. I said that people who have only passed one week after their second dose of Pfizer would therefore not be able to attend domestic events - which means tying that to increased infection rates ( as you did in your previous post) fundamentally makes no sense. For the NHS it is simply easier to have a standard two weeks for everyone, but that doesn't change what is written on the vaccination literature - and given to everyone who received a Pfizer vaccine.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 31, 2021, 21:51.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X