No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK but does it make to you any sense that the UK is using a different timeline for the fully vaccinated status than the rest of the world (USA and EU included) even though we are talking about the exact same product? I mean this is like a serious discovery and I am not sure why they are doing it since they are using the exact same data as the rest of the world. Any thoughts on that?
    jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Meanwhile in Cyprus:

Coronavirus: Minister says unvaccinated must pay the price of refusing jab

No more free tests for the unvaccinated .

The decision to scrap free testing for the unvaccinated was taken to spare the state millions of euros and allocate those funds to support state hospitals, Health Minister Michalis Hadjipantelas said on Saturday, in answer to a reporter’s question during his visit to the Nicosia General Hospital.
      https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/31/c...-refusing-jab/
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The CDC is based in America and governs the US only. I live In Europe, and I will trust the literature from my vaccination centre ok.
        Not even in Europe they give the same advice everywhere. Here in the Netherlands it is two weeks.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Meanwhile in Cyprus:

Coronavirus: Minister says unvaccinated must pay the price of refusing jab

No more free tests for the unvaccinated .

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/31/c...-refusing-jab/
          There are a lot of fishy aspects to the Cyprus free test program and it did much damage to the economy in many ways so I am happy it is reduced. That said, Cyprus does not follow international guidelines either, it does say "unvaccinated" there but what they mean by "vaccinated" is anyone who is three weeks off their first dose irrespective of whether a second dose has been taken or not. So it is all kinda useless really, we have the highest infection rates in the EU and we will continue having them simply because nothing really works here.
          jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
            just admit you are wrong, it's not a problem really

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Not even in Europe they give the same advice everywhere. Here in the Netherlands it is two weeks.
              And here in France, it went from 2 weeks to 7 days as soon as Macron announced the sanitary pass, to ease things up...
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

And here in France, it went from 2 weeks to 7 days as soon as Macron announced the sanitary pass, to ease things up...
                Yay France! 7 days is the new 14 I guess ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  I asked our moderation team not to intervene in the DaBaby topic as it’s all healthy (occasionally heated) discussion and it usually resolves itself. I don’t like topics being locked and I don’t usually allow permanent bans. I want this to be a vibrant place with healthy disagreements and discussions. But when members of our community have literally lost members of their family, or their friends to this cruel and dangerous virus, I will not allow (...) obviously ridiculous comments.
                  Thank you Wayne, important to see your vision for UKMix.
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Wayne : I get your point. I assumed that after posting many Covid-relevant statistics and news for a long period, it's legitimate to express how I feel towards this whole situation. I wonder how much further I'd need to prove that I'm aware of all the parameters of this pandemic then... Or is this the type of topic that only accepts one view and if yours differs from that, you're not allowed to express it?
                    Pro: freedom of speech
                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Only 27% of all unvaccinated people still want to get vaccinated in Germany. 19% are still undecided, while 54% do not want to get vaccinated at all costs.
                      67% of all anti-vaccination people mention a lack of trust in the vaccine as main reason. (source)

Comment

Last edited by BodyShop; Sun August 1, 2021, 03:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Not quite.

For Pfizer It had been 7 in the Netherlands but because of rising infection as a precaution it was increased to 14 but only since 10th July.

From the official literature:

Het duurt ongeveer 7 dagen vanaf je tweede prik totdat je beschermd bent tegen corona. Het kan ook iets langer duren. Nu de besmettingen stijgen, neemt het kabinet het zekere voor onzekere. Daarom geldt vanaf zaterdag 10 juli 2021 voor iedereen die volledig is gevaccineerd een wachttijd van 14 dagen voordat hij of zij een vaccinatiebewijs krijgt. Volgens onderzoek zijn mensen namelijk 14 dagen na de tweede prik voldoende beschermd.

English translation

It takes about 7 days from your second injection until you are protected against corona. It may also take a little longer. Now that the infections are rising, the cabinet is taking it for sure. Therefore, from Saturday 10 July 2021, a waiting period of 14 days will apply to everyone who has been fully vaccinated before receiving a vaccination certificate. According to research, people are sufficiently protected 14 days after the second shot.
                          Link to official information ( Dutch ) - https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwe...izer-comirnaty

Comment

• That actually contradicts what you say. "It takes about 7 days...", "it may also take" a little longer, "according to research people are sufficiently protected 14 days after".

- So basically there is an uncertainty over the 7 days limit and research confirms the 14 days limit (so certainty). Also when you change the limit and you cite the increased number of infections as a reason for that, it is as if indirectly you are saying that the lower time limit was partly responsible for those infections.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Sorry to break it to you but I didn't actually write any of the official literature on the Pfizer vaccine, for either the UK or The Netherlands. So I am not saying anything.

Also the increase in infection rate happened in the Netherlands due to opening up everything prematurely and was mostly in unvaccinated younger people, actually.

Your attempt to come back a day later and to try and somehow be correct about something you were so obviously loudly incorrect about, which was what I said the literature on the Pfizer vaccine in the UK states - is laughable at best.
                                Furthermore your suggestion that all the new infections in the Netherlands were down to people who were one week post their second Pfizer dose is so ridiculous and the biggest reach I have seen in a while.
                                Last edited by InFamous; Sun August 1, 2021, 13:38.

Comment

• Among the countries with 2 mio.+ inhabitants,
                                  32 exceeded 50% first vaccine doses.
                                  21 exceeded 60% first vaccine doses.
                                  4 exceeded 70% first vaccine doses.

19 exceeded 50% second vaccine doses.
                                  5 exceeded 60% second vaccine doses.
                                  1 exceeded 70% second vaccine doses.

UAE could become the first country with 2 mio.+ inhabitants to exceed the 80% first dose mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                    Wayne : I get your point. I assumed that after posting many Covid-relevant statistics and news for a long period, it's legitimate to express how I feel towards this whole situation. I wonder how much further I'd need to prove that I'm aware of all the parameters of this pandemic then... Or is this the type of topic that only accepts one view and if yours differs from that, you're not allowed to express it?
                                    Sometimes it's better NOT to express your opinions. You seem like a person who lacks empathy and sympathy and you were banned because of your racist comments so maybe you should know when to shut up. Millions of people lost their lives because of covid, there are members who lost their loved ones because of this. And you act like it's nothing is annoying. Please do NOT respond to me, quote me or dm me from now on. I don't want anything to do with a person like you.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Personally, i wouldn't feel safe before 14 days after the second jab despite what is written in brochure.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                        Personally, i wouldn't feel safe before 14 days after the second jab despite what is written in brochure.
                                        Vaccinated people ( with all types of vaccine) have been getting this delta variant months after having had the vaccine, so when can anyone really feel safe ? I mean it not like I got my second dose and started having house parties and going to clubs a week later. I am still being very cautious, avoiding crowds, avoiding busy indoor places, keeping contacts low and wearing a mask when shopping etc.

Comment

Vaccinated people ( with all types of vaccine) have been getting this delta variant months after having had the vaccine, so when can anyone really feel safe ? I mean it not like I got my second dose and started having house parties and going to clubs a week later. I am still being very cautious, avoiding crowds, avoiding busy indoor places, keeping contacts low and wearing a mask when shopping etc.
                                          I chose to have Sinovac over Biontech so i am being extra careful
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            Only 27% of all unvaccinated people still want to get vaccinated in Germany. 19% are still undecided, while 54% do not want to get vaccinated at all costs.
                                            67% of all anti-vaccination people mention a lack of trust in the vaccine as main reason. (source)
                                            Just because you post statistics doesn't give you the right to be racist in your comments, don't think any forum would approve of that! All it does is alienate you from just about everyone and could easily be permanently banned though it.

You have zero empathy towards anything and anyone, this really isn't normal, God knows how you work in coffee shop with this kind of attitude towards people - your customer service skills must be absolutely atrocious to say the least.

Yes, covid is extremely dangerous, what happened in India proved that. There's many other countries like it, lockdowns do work, the vaccine is working, masks work.

You need to think what you are writing before sending it.

I know you'll come out with some idiotic post, saying this that and the orher.

Comment

I chose to have Sinovac over Biontech so i am being extra careful
                                              I have been back having lunch indoors just this week. And yesterday I had a coffee at a busyish terrace which I had avoided up to now. I am still being pretty much very careful. I certainly didn't get my vaccine and throw everything out the window overnight.

Comment

• What you quote doesn't fit with your response, Parkelife .

I'm actually shocked how you guys react towards people which fall into the more rational part within the spectrum of emotionality. This is usually a place where diversity is appreciated, so I'm disappointed that you show that little tolerance towards people who think differently towards certain things than you. My friend stevyy for example falls into the other extreme. I've learned to handle that, so that's OK for me, and I think all of us have got used to his way of posting things. So why is it a problem if I post the way I post?

-----

InFamous : No vaccine proves 100% safety against infections just like no contraceptive proves 100% against STDs. In Germany, there's the saying that the safest way to prevent getting STDs is to have no sex at all. That's probably no alternative for most people, so in both cases, I think we need to learn to live with one additional risk in our lives.
                                                Last edited by theMathematician; Sun August 1, 2021, 15:25.

Comment

• Germany cracking down on the unvaccinated coming in by train, cars, as well as air travel !

Confirmed: Germany Imposes Mandatory COVID-19 Testing Requirement for Unvaccinated People

“From August 1, 2021, all persons aged 12 and over must present a current test certificate when they enter the Federal Republic of Germany, unless they have been vaccinated or have recovered. The obligation to provide proof of one of the 3 G’s (vaccinated, recovered or tested) is part of the new entry regulations that have been passed by the cabinet. It comes into force on August 1, 2021,” the Ministry’s statement reads.
                                                  “The test must be carried out before entry. If there are no free tests in the country of travel, travellers have to bear the costs themselves – as is the case with the currently applicable obligation to provide evidence,” the Ministry added.
                                                  Until now, mandatory Coronavirus testing has only been imposed on air passengers. However, in compliance with the new rules, persons travelling by train or personal cars will also be required to undergo testing. Only those who have been fully immunised against the disease, meaning that they have been administered two doses of the vaccine, are exempted from this rule.
                                                  https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...inated-people/
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Sun August 1, 2021, 21:18.

Comment

Sometimes it's better NOT to express your opinions. You seem like a person who lacks empathy and sympathy.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X