Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

The article doesn’t say it was violent - it was the police using violence:
    The protests were banned by the courts because the participants declared they would not follow hygiene rules.

Not abiding by hygiene rules during a global pandemic is a form of violence. These people are anti maskers, anti vaxers who are prolonging this pandemic with their foolishness and I have no sympathy for them.
    Last edited by InFamous; Wed August 4, 2021, 17:40.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
      - And Germany will give an mRNA booster to people who got fully vaccinated with Astrazeneca or J&J
      Is that optional or mandatory?

-----

German protests against Covid restrictions: There's been a recent pride festival where the people didn't wear masks or practise social distancing. No intervention! There have even been politicians joining the festival (e.g. Saskia Esken from the sociodemocratic party). Double standards at their best!

-----

The best way to fight conspiracy theories is to prove them wrong fact-based instead of reacting with defamations.
      Most conspiracies turned out to be wrong (e.g. the theory with the microchip implanted by Bill Gates), but the bad side of the story is that some did turn out to be correct.
      1. Getting vaccinated will be mandatory: In the beginning of the vaccination campaign, many German politicians assured that there wouldn't be a mandatory vaccination. Now it's more and more developing into that direction. From fall on, it'll be an indirect one in the lane of 'You don't have to get vaccinated, but you'll have to risk heavy social consequences otherwise.'.
      2. There will be more lockdowns: German health minister Spahn said in summer 2020 that they would've prevented having to close shops during the first lockdown with then-today's knowledge. What happened in fall? Yes, another lockdown.
      Oh, and the short 2nd lockdown that was supposed to go for just a few weeks to ensure 'a safe Christmas' ended up, at least for some business areas, going on for almost half a year.
      3. The mask will stay: 'Once the at-risk citizens are vaccinated, we can return to daily business.', the politicians used to say. The at-risk citizens are vaccinated for month, but then the politicians said that the measurements would have to last until adult citizens are vaccinated. Now that many of them are through, the measurements are still active because 'The children aren't vaccinated yet.'. In Germany, mandatory social distancing and masks got extended to spring 2022 despite more than half of the citizens already being fully vaccinated.
      4. The state wants all of our data: Medical data used to be holy in a 'It's none of your business' way. Now you need to leave your personal data at restaurants or other places. On a voluntary base, people can use a protective app ('Coronawarnapp') or an app where they can enter possible side effects of their vaccination. Israel's early vaccination success was possible due to them allowing Biontech to get a bunch of their collected data, which is problematic from a data protection point of view.

Now come the half/half aspects:
      1. The Great Reset: I hope that the theory behind this will never happen, but at least it is correct that some of the already rich and influential financially profited from the pandemic, such as Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg. It later turned out that a bunch of German politicians financially profited from mask deals.
      2. The virus was released to the world on purpose by the hands of China: Scientists believe that it's unlikely that the virus left a Chinese laboratory on purpose. It's most likely that it got transmitted from a wild animal to the human beings, probably at a wild animal traffic market. However, it can't be fully denied and the Chinese refusing to collaborate with Western associations to clear this whole thing up didn't help either.

These ones can't be answered yet:
      1. Vaccination will harm a woman's ability to have a child: This one is not examinated yet. The first young women (medical staff) got vaccinated in early 2021. We should see the first bigger amount of babies born by vaccinated women in late 2021. I'm almost certain that it'll work out well, but of course we can only tell when it's really happened.).
      2. The vaccination will cause long-term health issues (addiction, late health damages): Highly unlikely, but we can't tell yet.

Another one is 'They will pretend that people who died from all kinds of things are victims of Covid.'. Is there any information on that one?
      Last edited by theMathematician; Wed August 4, 2021, 17:48.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The protests were banned by the courts because the participants declared they would not follow hygiene rules.

Not abiding by hygiene rules during a global pandemic is a form of violence. These people are anti maskers, anti vaxers who are prolonging this pandemic with their foolishness and I have no sympathy for them.
        They are still people protesting against their government - I think we are far enough into the pandemic to know where I stand on covid, but nothing good comes from banning people from speaking out against their government.

The fact that a peaceful, non-violent protest turned into an episode of police brutality doesn’t endear me towards the German government either.

I find it very hard to believe Germany would have allowed these protests to take place if they were socially distanced.
        Words are useless, especially sentences.
        they don’t stand for anything.
        How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

They are still people protesting against their government - I think we are far enough into the pandemic to know where I stand on covid, but nothing good comes from banning people from speaking out against their government.

The fact that a peaceful, non-violent protest turned into an episode of police brutality doesn’t endear me towards the German government either.

I find it very hard to believe Germany would have allowed these protests to take place if they were socially distanced.
          There have been protests constantly in Germany, most of which went off without any problems.

Comment

Doesn't police brutality cause, among others, even less social distancing anyway?
            jio CHARTS NOW: 25/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10739362

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Is that optional or mandatory?
              Well, theoretically all COVID vaccinations are optional... in practice though...

jio CHARTS NOW: 25/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10739362

Comment

• New York auto show cancelled on concerns over Delta and new restrictions

The New York International Auto Show has been cancelled for a second straight year, a casualty of tighter restrictions in the city and concerns over the spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19.

The announcement on Wednesday came a day after New York City mayor Bill de Blasio said patrons of indoor public places, such as gyms, restaurants and entertainment venues, will be required to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19 in order to gain entry from August 16, with enforcement formally starting a month later. Employees of those businesses will also need to have had at least one dose of the shot.
                Via FT - https://www.ft.com/content/62f254ab-...0-7ce51aa56101

Comment

• COVID-19: UK records 29,312 new cases and 119 deaths in latest 24-hour period

Via Sky news - https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...eriod-12372659

Comment

Some of you will probably enjoy reading this:
                    Jennifer Aniston broke up with a few acquaintances who either openly declared not to want to get vaccinated or keep their medical status to themselves source.
                    I won't break with people when they don't want to get vaccinated, but for now we decided not to meet up with them. So I can understand there are famous people who feel the same.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Well, theoretically all COVID vaccinations are optional... in practice though...
                      What I meant: It's likely that in fall, the government will say that public places such as restaurants can only be attended if you're vaccinated. So if someone's vaccinated 2x with AZ and does not want to get vaccinated a 3rd time, would that still be fine because a booster shot would be optional or would it be the condition to have access to all of those things?

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I won't break with people when they don't want to get vaccinated, but for now we decided not to meet up with them. So I can understand there are famous people who feel the same.
                      I couldn't imagine breaking up with someone I might've been friends with for a long time, so thanks for sharing your view on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Completely agree. I don't really care about outside like if i happen to meet someone on the street or whatever but my apartment is a vaccinated only zone for the moment. Safety first.

Comment

I couldn't imagine breaking up with someone I might've been friends with for a long time, so thanks for sharing your view on that.
                          We're not breaking with them. We just don't see each other for now. They understand we are being careful since my husband is getting treated for cancer.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Yeah, I understand and totally respect your situation!

Comment

• Yesterday I read about a 42 year old British man who seemed in peak condition both health and fitness-wise who rejected having the vaccine and recently died after weeks of battling Covid. He apparently told his consultant, before he was put on a ventilator, that he wished he'd had it.

Comment

• Yes, I read about that as well. Very unusual for someone in his age group and health background to die from Covid.

Comment

• 89-year old actor Alvin Ing died from Corona despite having been fully vaccinated.

Comment

• European new 14-days infection rates per 100 000 from lowest (#1) to highest (#31) (no micro-states): UPDATE
                                    1.(1) Poland
                                    2.(3) Hungary
                                    3.(2) Romania
                                    4.(4) Slovakia
                                    5.(7) Czech Republic
                                    6.(5) Bulgaria
                                    7.(6) Germany
                                    8.(8) Latvia
                                    9.(11) Croatia
                                    10.(9) Slovenia
                                    14.(16) Italy
                                    27.(28) Netherlands
                                    28.(23) France
                                    29.(30) United Kingdom
                                    30.(29) Spain
                                    31.(31) Cyprus

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      Yesterday I read about a 42 year old British man who seemed in peak condition both health and fitness-wise who rejected having the vaccine and recently died after weeks of battling Covid. He apparently told his consultant, before he was put on a ventilator, that he wished he'd had it.
                                      Such a waste of a life. These people who pushed the Anti Vax agenda onto the likes of this man, who believed idiots over science, have literal blood on their hands IMO.

Comment

• Regarding vaccinating children: The German government says 'go', while the virologists say 'hold up'. Boris Palmer, black sheep of the Greens party (He's on the more conservative part of the Greens spectrum, which irks the more leftist-leaning part), announced not wanting to have his children vaccinated because the risks of a vaccination outweigh the risks of getting infected (It's scientifically proven that the vast majority of healthy* children experience an asymptomatic to mild case.).

* Children with medical pre-conditions 12+ are approved to get vaccinated by the German vaccination commission.

Comment

• Unjabbed Germans face restrictions to avert new Covid wave

Health minister wants restaurants, hairdressers, stadiums and hotels to be off limits to the unvaccinated

Germany’s health minister is planning to introduce sweeping measures next month that could considerably restrict the lives of people who do not get a coronavirus vaccine, according to widespread reports.

Jens Spahn has warned parliament and leaders of the 16 states that the tighter restrictions are necessary to avoid a new and dangerous wave of infections in the coming months, in a report seen by a large number of German media outlets.

The proposed so-called 3G rules would allow only those who had been vaccinated, tested or had recovered from an infection access to many facilities.

Restaurants, hotels, hairdressers, sport facilities and large gatherings, both outside and in, are among those he has listed as places that would be out of bounds to those who did not fulfil the criteria.
                                          via The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...new-covid-wave

I wonder how this will work for unvaccinated people who work in these places - will they be allowed to work at all ? Makes no sense really to not allow unvaccinated people to enter yet have unvaccinated people working ..

Comment

• Today, I forgot my mask and asked my co-worker for an alternative one. She gave me an FFP2, which I haven't tried yet. I'm honest: It was horrible. It couldn't keep it over mouth and nose for longer than 5 minutes as it felt uncomfortable and I had trouble breathing. Even when I was in no immediate customer contact and pulled it down, it bore against my throat, which I don't know from the surgery masks I usually wear. By the time I had no more customer contact, I decided to take it off. This experience was enough for me to decide that as long as I have the option to wear either no mask or at least the surgery mask, I'll skip FFP2 without thinking twice.

Comment

89-year old actor Alvin Ing died from Corona despite having been fully vaccinated.
                                              The key word here being 89-year old.

My Chart

Comment

Today, I forgot my mask and asked my co-worker for an alternative one. She gave me an FFP2, which I haven't tried yet. I'm honest: It was horrible. It couldn't keep it over mouth and nose for longer than 5 minutes as it felt uncomfortable and I had trouble breathing. Even when I was in no immediate customer contact and pulled it down, it bore against my throat, which I don't know from the surgery masks I usually wear. By the time I had no more customer contact, I decided to take it off. This experience was enough for me to decide that as long as I have the option to wear either no mask or at least the surgery mask, I'll skip FFP2 without thinking twice.
                                                Imagine wearing that type of mask for 8 hours straight with any chance of getting it off... while constantly speaking... CONSTANTLY. My every-day experience.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Imagine wearing that type of mask for 8 hours straight with any chance of getting it off... while constantly speaking... CONSTANTLY. My every-day experience.
                                                  You are doing amazing sweetie.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

You are doing amazing sweetie.
                                                    I'm one of those every-day heroes that everyone applauded for... or should have.. but nobody did... I feel cheated out of my 15 minutes of fame.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X