This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm one of those every-day heroes that everyone applauded for... or should have.. but nobody did... I feel cheated out of my 15 minutes of fame.
    You're my hero

https://voca.ro/18YfRvsfpuBS
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      OMG. Now I feel so seen and understood. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Imagine wearing that type of mask for 8 hours straight with any chance of getting it off... while constantly speaking... CONSTANTLY. My every-day experience.
        You could as well wear surgery masks as teacher, don't you? But yeah, I'm honest that the mask thing alone is reason alone for me to never want to work in the field of medicine and care.
        Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
        Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
        Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• My sister and I are set to go to Alaska in two weeks, but she's not vaccinated. It's pointless to bring up vaccination with her because she doesn't believe in conventional medicine. With the Delta numbers exploding these last couple of weeks, I'm just thinking her getting on a plane for five hours is a bad idea. I'm thinking of cancelling our trip, which sucks cause we've been talking about doing a trip like this for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
            My sister and I are set to go to Alaska in two weeks, but she's not vaccinated. It's pointless to bring up vaccination with her because she doesn't believe in conventional medicine. With the Delta numbers exploding these last couple of weeks, I'm just thinking her getting on a plane for five hours is a bad idea. I'm thinking of cancelling our trip, which sucks cause we've been talking about doing a trip like this for years.
            Serious question but is travel completely open in the US right now ?

Comment

My sister and I are set to go to Alaska in two weeks, but she's not vaccinated. It's pointless to bring up vaccination with her because she doesn't believe in conventional medicine. With the Delta numbers exploding these last couple of weeks, I'm just thinking her getting on a plane for five hours is a bad idea. I'm thinking of cancelling our trip, which sucks cause we've been talking about doing a trip like this for years.
              Ohh cheapy, that really sucks. I know how excited you are to go. Could you maybe talk to her about it and see if you can come to an agreement to save the trip? Like, explain you’re genuinely concerned and could she maybe have one dose just to put your mind at rest? Or is it a complete no go?

Comment

• cheapthrills : You're vaccinated, I guess, aren't you? So what is the problem if you are and your sister is fine being not?
                Last edited by theMathematician; Mon August 9, 2021, 14:17.

Comment

Serious question but is travel completely open in the US right now ?
                  I don't think flights were ever shut down for travel within the US. I do think they had to limit the number of passengers for awhile until the vaccines.

Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

Ohh cheapy, that really sucks. I know how excited you are to go. Could you maybe talk to her about it and see if you can come to an agreement to save the trip? Like, explain you’re genuinely concerned and could she maybe have one dose just to put your mind at rest? Or is it a complete no go?
                  I could mention it, but I don't see her ever getting the vaccine. She is against vaccines in general, even the regular ones. For years, she didn't vaccinate my nephew (though eventually she did and she regrets that). She believes in natural solutions. I do have the power to cancel the trip though because I'm paying for both of us. A month ago when I booked this, the numbers were going down, so I wasn't as concerned.

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  cheapthrills : You're vaccinated, I guess, aren't you? So what is the possible if you are and your sister is fine being not?
                  Yes, I am. And I believe the odds are in favor of us not getting sick, especially since Alaska is more remote and we'll be outdoors most of the time. But, if she did get sick, and I'm the one that paid for her trip, I don't think I could forgive myself.

Comment

• ^ But do unvaxed people not have to show proof of a negative test before boarding at least ?

Comment

• Well, that's my opinion: You don't want to be part of one of those families that divides because your views on some things are different, do you? I heard that especially in the US, some family members don't even talk with each other because one is Republican and one is Democratic. I would say try to live with your views on vaccination being different and enjoy your trip! She is of age and therefore responsible for her decisions, so if you are alright being vaccinated and she is alright not being vaccinated, I see two people being alright with their medical status basically. I'm 99% sure nothing will major will happen.

Comment

• No, there's some talk about requiring it, but right now, you can travel without being vaccinated.

Comment

No, there's some talk about requiring it, but right now, you can travel without being vaccinated.
                          Wow.. I mean no shade but theres no wonder cases have been skyrocketing again with the Delta seeing as it is so contagious.. That seems like a poor oversight tbh. In Uk and Europe you cannot travel without either having a negative test or being fully vaccinated.

Comment

I could mention it, but I don't see her ever getting the vaccine. She is against vaccines in general, even the regular ones. For years, she didn't vaccinate my nephew (though eventually she did and she regrets that). She believes in natural solutions. I do have the power to cancel the trip though because I'm paying for both of us. A month ago when I booked this, the numbers were going down, so I wasn't as concerned.
                            Cheapy, is your sister a hippy? I’ve never understood the whole anti-vax thing tbh. But anyway, I think you just got to lay it out for her without being too pushy. Explain your concerns, mention that you wouldn’t forgive yourself if she got ill (I think this is a valid concern) and you can extend it to say that you would be worried about it affecting other loved ones too. Even if you’re vaxed, I think the risks to everyone from being around non-vaxers goes up. Anyway, without being too forceful, float the idea that you may have to cancel the trip but you really don’t want to. And let her ponder on it for a bit. The sooner you get that idea out there, the more time she’ll have to reconsider.

Comment

• I mean everyone has to make their own decision but there is no way I would go near an airport right now where loads of unvaccinated people are just roaming around especially if they dont even have to show a negative test. I am considering taking a city break at the end of the month but only because I know everyone on the plane will either be fully vaxed or required to show a negative test result prior to boarding. It is just not worth the risk otherwize IMO.

Comment

Wow.. I mean no shade but theres no wonder cases have been skyrocketing again with the Delta seeing as it is so contagious.. That seems like a poor oversight tbh. In Uk and Europe you cannot travel without either having a negative test or being fully vaccinated.
                                Well, you know how it is here - somehow efforts to contain this virus impinge RIGHTS and FREEDOMS

Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
                                Cheapy, is your sister a hippy? Anyway, without being too forceful, float the idea that you may have to cancel the trip but you really don’t want to.
                                In some ways, she is But thank you for the good advice.

Comment

• I may miss a piece somewhere in this puzzle, but how come vaccinated people are rather scared about being surrounded by unvaccinated people than unvaccinated people being surrounded by (other) unvaccinated people? Shouldn't the vaccination actually enable closer social contacts?

Comment

Well, you know how it is here - somehow efforts to contain this virus impinge RIGHTS and FREEDOMS

Well we hear a lot of that crap in the UK and EU too but the governments aren't having any of it. If youre not vaxed or negative youre not getting on a plane period.

Comment

Tbh I'm kinda imagining her dancing around a Navajo sacred mountain and howling at the moon.

Comment

Well we hear a lot of that crap in the UK and EU too but the governments aren't having any of it. If youre not vaxed or negative youre not getting on a plane period.
                                        Unless you're attending a G7 Summit or Barnard Castle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

Unless you're attending a G7 Summit or Barnard Castle.
                                          Hush !!

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            I may miss a piece somewhere in this puzzle, but how come vaccinated people are rather scared about being surrounded by unvaccinated people than unvaccinated people being surrounded by (other) unvaccinated people? Shouldn't the vaccination actually enable closer social contacts?
                                            Have been discussed numerous times already. Open google.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Perhaps the conservatives in government are a stronger force here; I don't know. It's kind of disheartening. They were trying to get the mask mandate on planes lifted just within this past month, even though we still aren't at the threshhold!

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              I may miss a piece somewhere in this puzzle, but how come vaccinated people are rather scared about being surrounded by unvaccinated people than unvaccinated people being surrounded by (other) unvaccinated people? Shouldn't the vaccination actually enable closer social contacts?
                                              I'm not sure what you're reacting to? My sister is unvaccinated, so my concern is for her.

But to answer, my guess is that at least some unvaccinated take the virus less seriously and that's why they don't get vaccinated in the first place. Since they don't, they have no problem hanging out with whoever.

and no, Airwrecka

Comment

• ^ That seems crazy to me cos hospitalizations and deaths are going back up in the US very starkly again. I am really shocked to hear that there is no control/ precautions being taken in airports/ on airlines. That is complete insanity tbh.

Comment

• My post was kind of related to some (vaccinated) people distancing themselves from unvaccinated people although they are actually protected through the vaccine.

You shouldn't be concerned about adult people's decisions. I used to in the past as well, but it isn't worth the drama and in the end, adulthood comes with the pro of deciding things for yourself without constantly asking others for permission and the con of taking responsibility for those decisions.
                                                  Last edited by theMathematician; Mon August 9, 2021, 16:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Have been discussed numerous times already. Open google.
                                                    I feel that my cat understands the difference at this stage. Very intelligent animal. I wish she could speak to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X