No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 100% convinced that I have Delta btw. I have such a sore throat and a snotty nose and my whole throat is burning like fire. What I cough up resembles something like a cross between lung-matter and rotten mince meat.

I believe these are my final days. I will have my brother type the outcome should I pass on in the coming days.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      I am 100% convinced that I have Delta btw. I have such a sore throat and a snotty nose and my whole throat is burning like fire. What I cough up resembles something like a cross between lung-matter and rotten mince meat.

I believe these are my final days. I will have my brother type the outcome should I pass on in the coming days.
      Get tested tomorrow babe.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

That they recognise all life is precious and comes before anything else, and have acted like responsible human beings for once rather than bumbling politicians.
        I disagree with that. In a democracy, the government's task is not to prevent any possible risk from the citizens. It's up to the citizens to decide which risks they are willing to accept for themselves and which ones not.
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I disagree with that. In a democracy, the government's task is not to prevent any possible risk from the citizens. It's up to the citizens to decide which risks they are willing to accept for themselves and which ones not.
          The World 1 - 0 Timmy.
          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I just got back from a holiday to Croatia, it was like it didn't exist. Masks were being worn in supermarkets but otherwise it's just business as usual. The plane journey and the faff going through the airport made me anxious though, been a while since I was so close for so long with random strangers!

Comment

• Kids are heading back to school and it's such a mishmash depending on states whether masks are required. Most states are leaving it up to the school district. Some of the states are mandating for all districts. But the biggest buffoonery are the eight states who have mandated that masks cannot be required.

One district in Mississippie elected not to require masks and within three days had dozens of kids who were positive and some staff, meaning hundreds more had to quarantine. Mess. One 8th grader has died.

The local school district has mandated it for lower grades, but at the high schools, they are still optional (presumably because there's an option to vaccinate at that age). I get that wearing a mask is annoying, but that's better than the alternative, isn't it? I don't get why these districts don't see it.
              ❖ Happy 2022 ❖

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                I just got back from a holiday to Croatia, it was like it didn't exist. Masks were being worn in supermarkets but otherwise it's just business as usual. The plane journey and the faff going through the airport made me anxious though, been a while since I was so close for so long with random strangers!
                It's the whole airport part that's putting me off too. I have zero worries about the actual location!

Comment

• When I went last year, the aiport/plane/transfer was the worst bit...the transfer was the worst actually, I was glad when all the Dingles finally got dropped off at their shit hotels.
                  1 Ministers De La Funk |2 James Morrison|3 Gryffin |4 Wet Leg |5 NOTD

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's the whole airport part that's putting me off too. I have zero worries about the actual location!
                    Fortunately we had a very loud and distressed 11 month old with us, so naturally most people kept away from us

Comment

Fortunately we had a very loud and distressed 11 month old with us, so naturally most people kept away from us
                      The poor child. Maybe I will borrow a baby for my trip

Comment

The poor child. Maybe I will borrow a baby for my trip
                        Hmm, not sure it'd have the same effect matey, women love a dilf. You'd be surrounded!

Comment

Hmm, not sure it'd have the same effect matey, women love a dilf. You'd be surrounded!
                          They would be wasting their time though cos Id be on the lookout for dilfs myself lol or hot 22 year olds either. Not fussy

Comment

• The German commission for vaccination (Stiko) officially recommends vaccination for children and teenagers between 12 and 17 now (source).

Comment

• Turkey is now offering a 4th dose of vaccine for those who have had Sinovac vaccine

They've already offered a 3rd dose as a booster but 4th one will be travel purposes i guess since most countries don't accept Sinovac and some people have to have two doses of Biontech/Pfizer vaccine. What a mess!.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• How come the 4th dose in Tuekey gets no news coverage unlike the 3rd dose in Israel?

Comment

• Interesting. This article speaks about the implications of a variant delevoping which is resistant to the vaccine.

New Covid variants "would set us back a year", experts warn UK government

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-uk-government

It is unlikely that such a new virus evades entirely all immunity from past infection or vaccines, he said. Some immunity should remain at least for the most severe outcomes such as death or hospitalisation. We would most likely be able to update the current vaccines to include the emerging strain.

But doing so would take months and means that we might need to reimpose restrictions if there were a significant public health risk. The amount of restrictions would be a political decision and would need to be proportionate with how much this virus would evade current vaccines.

Comment

• I’m not interested in “interesting” articles that’s only mission is to cause panic and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                      I’m not interested in “interesting” articles that’s only mission is to cause panic and fear.
                                      Don't read it then. And it is actually a very measured article on the very realistic possibility of this happening, and what plans are in place should it happen.

The "wait and see" approach is foolish to say the least.

Comment

Don't read it then. And it is actually a very measured article on the very realistic possibility of this happening, and what plans are in place should it happen.

Are you not yet fed up of trying to seek doom and gloom? I’m currently sat in a crowded pub enjoying a late lunch. I’m happy to foolishly wait and see and enjoy the here and now without worrying about what may or may not happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Are you not yet fed up of trying to seek doom and gloom? I’m currently sat in a crowded pub enjoying a late lunch. I’m happy to foolishly wait and see and enjoy the here and now without worrying about what may or may not happen.
                                          LOL I'm not worried. I just posted an article. Maybe don't come into this thread for a while if you dont want to hear about Corona stories . Maybe you don't want to know but governments have to plan for these possibilities hence why SAGE was formed in the first place! I wasnt saying YOU should do anything about it. Put your phone down and enjoy your lunch babe

Comment

How come the 4th dose in Tuekey gets no news coverage unlike the 3rd dose in Israel?
                                            Because it concerns a vaccine we don't use.
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 11/1/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10807385

Comment

• I'm with you, SholasBoy . In my other forum, there's a user who used to be one of those 'noCovid' people. Lately, he's posted less regularly, but he still believes that it's the only option to save us from doom and gloom. I haven't interacted with him in weeks, but I've accepted that some people are simply on the more worried side of the spectrum, which is... OK, I guess.

Comment

• Well that is not actually correct at all as the fourth dose is all Pfizer or Biontech. Third doses also included shots of Pfizer and Biontech, as well as Sinovac. Fourth doses will be Pfizer or Biontech and is being done to facilitate travel as two doses of those vaccines are required for travel. They arent giving a fourth dose of Sinovac.

Turkey will begin to administer a fourth dose of a COVID-19 vaccine starting with certain groups while widening the scope of the jab program to include children.

Since some countries require at least two doses of the Pzifer/BioNTech vaccine for entry, the fourth dose will be made available for those who have already received two doses of the Sinovac and one dose of the Pzifer/BioNTech jabs, the Health Ministry said on Aug. 16.

Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said that there is no situation which necessitates people who have been given two doses of mRNA vaccines or three doses of inactivated jabs to get an additional dose. From the medical point of view there is no need [for the fourth dose].

This is a new arrangement designed specifically to comply with the rules of the countries that require two doses of mRNA jabs, Koca wrote on Twitter.

Comment

The German commission for vaccination (Stiko) officially recommends vaccination for children and teenagers between 12 and 17 now (source).
                                                  good.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

I'm 100% certain that the virus will soon mutate and be much deadlier and resistant to our current vaccines. The only option then will be to repeat the entire spiel of 2020.

All of this... bc some people are too dumb to get vaccinated and or breaking the rules and or being ignorant. Natural Selection has never been this unfair before.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X