Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

If 111 people a day died from Covid in a year, that’s about 40,000.

I’m not one of these “it’s just flu” people by any means, but the stats about deaths from flu and pneumonia versus Covid in England and Wales are interesting!

Pre-Covid, I believe about 30,000 people a year died from flu or pneumonia, whereas between January and August 2020 only 400 people died of flu and 14,000 from pneumonia. 48,000 died from Covid - so Covid replaces a fair few of those deaths.

What I’m getting at is that 111 Covid deaths in a day sounds alarming and is obviously 111 too many but in the spirit of “learning to live with it” the stats I found demonstrate how we will probably start treating it like flu and pneumonia.
    Yeah i mean it is a lot better than the 1000 per day who were dying in Jan but remember this is all because of the measures being taken, the restrictions and the vaccines. If it had been allowed to run riot through soceity unchecked, the deaths would have been astronomical.
    Last edited by InFamous; Thu August 19, 2021, 03:40.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I agree that Covid will have the dimensions of pre-2020 flu from now on.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Oh wow almost 9000 cases of corona in Germany in the past 24 hours, up from around 5000 the day before and 3000 the day before that.

Miss Delta starting her spread I fear.

Comment

• German virologist Drosten believes that the vast majority of the population will not need any booster vaccination any time soon. Exceptions are old people and people with multiple risk factors. The goal should rather be to keep vaccinating more 60+ citizens. He does not expect any variant resistant to the vaccines any time soon. The WHO considers booster vaccinations for healthy people inappropriate when people in other countries are not vaccinated at all yet. (source)

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            Oh wow almost 9000 cases of corona in Germany in the past 24 hours, up from around 5000 the day before and 3000 the day before that.

Miss Delta starting her spread I fear.
            and most cases are recorded in the age group between 10-40.

#CloseTheSchools #Lockdown #TheyDon'tCareAboutUs #BananaRepublic
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

and most cases are recorded in the age group between 10-40.

#CloseTheSchools #Lockdown #TheyDon'tCareAboutUs #BananaRepublic
              OMG stay safe sweetie. Praying for Schleizig Holstein and Flensburg. Oh and Berlin.

Comment

OMG stay safe sweetie. Praying for Schleizig Holstein and Flensburg. Oh and Berlin.
                Too late. My Corona infection is running rampant. I don't fear death anymore... I will be re-united with some special people from my family. But I don't want my currently-alive family to follow me.
                My Chart

Comment

Too late. My Corona infection is running rampant. I don't fear death anymore... I will be re-united with some special people from my family. But I don't want my currently-alive family to follow me.
                  I am sure you are being responsible and isolating.

Comment

I am sure you are being responsible and isolating.
                    I haven't left the house since Monday.
                    My Chart

Comment

I haven't left the house since Monday.
                      Did you get a test or are you just assuming its covid ?

Comment

Did you get a test or are you just assuming its covid ?
                        I've been to the doc. It was hysterical. The whole ordeal... they were in panic mode... I almost fainted bc everyone was in so much panic around me. Very unprofessional. I had to go in through the back door... and then had to wait eons outside the building... and then was tested by people wearing hazmat suits. I thought that I am far too pretty for this ish. Telling my school was kewt... my principal treated me like a criminal on the phone. 7 kids who are in my classroom are sick too... one of them little devils gave it to me, I assume. BC I've been a recluse ever since March 13th 2020.
                        My Chart

Comment

I've been to the doc. It was hysterical. The whole ordeal... they were in panic mode... I almost fainted bc everyone was in so much panic around me. Very unprofessional. I had to go in through the back door... and then had to wait eons outside the building... and then was tested by people wearing hazmat suits. I thought that I am far too pretty for this ish. Telling my school was kewt... my principal treated me like a criminal on the phone. 7 kids who are in my classroom are sick too... one of them little devils gave it to me, I assume. BC I've been a recluse ever since March 13th 2020.
                          When did school start again? I am still on my summer holiday.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

we are in week 3 post summer holidays.
                            My Chart

Comment

we are in week 3 post summer holidays.
                              Wow! When did your summer holiday start?
                              We are to go back on 30 August.
                              In Belgium it will be 1 September.

Comment

Wow! When did your summer holiday start?
                                We are to go back on 30 August.
                                In Belgium it will be 1 September.
                                June 18th was the last school day before the summer break. Schleswig-Holstein was the first Bundesland this year to go into the summer break. Bavaria for example went into summer break when Schleswig-Holstein started school again.

But here in the north we couldn't really call it summer... it was mostly raining and stormy with 20 that felt like 16.
                                My Chart

Comment

The lack of empathy

Comment

June 18th was the last school day before the summer break. Schleswig-Holstein was the first Bundesland this year to go into the summer break. Bavaria for example went into summer break when Schleswig-Holstein started school again.

But here in the north we couldn't really call it summer... it was mostly raining and stormy with 20 that felt like 16.
                                    Wow, really early! My summer holiday started on July 19th. Wasn't a great summer here neither.
                                    I was at school today, actually. Organising my class room.

Comment

Wow, really early! My summer holiday started on July 19th. Wasn't a great summer here neither.
                                      I was at school today, actually. Organising my class room.
                                      every year I want to organize my class room too... but then when the final week of summer break arrives... I panic and try to do as many summer activities as I can bc I think I had not done enough in the previous 5 weeks.
                                      My Chart

Comment

every year I want to organize my class room too... but then when the final week of summer break arrives... I panic and try to do as many summer activities as I can bc I think I had not done enough in the previous 5 weeks.
                                        I'm the other way round. I postpone everything till the last week and panic in the last week to get everything ready in time.

Comment

I'm the other way round. I postpone everything till the last week and panic in the last week to get everything ready in time.
                                          we complete each other so well. <3
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Not peer-reviewed yet but the ****.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• You're so dramatic, stevyy . You will be back to normality in a week, trust me!

Comment

• KEY9481 that is justifiable by the mechanism of each if the vaccines. Might turn out that J&J is best long term, the mRNA are more effective but need booster shots.
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• North West and Yorkshire have highest Covid rates in England

England's Covid-19 rates remain highest in the North West (1.66 per cent)Â and Yorkshire and the Humber (1.69 per cent), while there has been a slight drop in the West Midlands (0.67 per cent), East Midlands (1.05 per cent)Â and North East (1.22 per cent).

In the week ending 14 August, rates of people testing positive also increased in the East of England.

In the South East (0.97 per cent) and London (1.42 per cent), percentages levelled off compared with the week before.
                                                  Via Telegraph

Comment

• K-pop superstars BTS have officially cancelled their Map Of The Soul world tour amid uncertainty caused by the pandemic.

The chart-topping boy band had been due to embark on the tour in April last year before it was postponed as Covid-19 swept the world.

The tour, which had planned stops in cities including London, Toronto and Tokyo, has now been cancelled - the latest example of high-profile musicians being forced to rethink their live performances due to the virus.

News of BTS's cancelled tour follows similar announcements from artists including rock band Nine Inch Nails, country music star Garth Brooks and Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks.
                                                    Via Telegraph

Comment

Working...
                                                    X