• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Yorkshire leading the way again
      What do you expect with the bars full by lunchtime
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What do you expect with the bars full by lunchtime
        We’ve been queueing for the pubs to reopen for 6 months before they did!
        1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

We’ve been queueing for the pubs to reopen for 6 months before they did!
          Great to see fun Shane is back

Comment

• " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection

Comment

• It's the first week since late March/early April that no day of the week had more than 500k vaccination doses distributed. Wednesday peaked with 414k.

From Monday on, the new rules are going to count, which means that everything stays open as it used to be, but indoor activities are going to require a vaccination, recovery or negatively tested paper as entrance condition.
              Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
              Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
              Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Sri Lanka have started a ten day lockdown to curb cases as infection levels have soared.

Comment

• Germany enters 4th coronavirus wave

Germany's Robert Koch Institute made the assessment as the country grapples with rising positive test results. This time, younger age groups are more affected.

Positive samples among PCR tests had risen from 4% to 6% within a week until mid-August, the RKI said in its weekly report on Thursday evening.

Rising infection numbers come as the more contagious delta variant becomes the dominant form of the virus, making up 99% of all cases in Germany, the RKI said.
                  https://www.dw.com/en/germany-enters...ave/a-58914201

Comment

• Meanwhile in Australia..

No wonder cases are still rising, despite the lockdown, when the lockdown is clearly not being observed by huge amounts of people.

Almost 900 new cases reported in the last 24 hours.

Comment

• The net is tightening daily on the anti vax crew WW.

Comment

• News from our Education minister (France).
                        Just like in June 2021, these are the measures for primary and secondary schools from September 1st : masks inside, no mask outside, not allowed to mix different classes (during recess or at lunch), no close contact sports allowed.
                        Classes will close for 7 days as soon as there is one case confirmed (primary schools); if one + case is confirmed, pupils not vaccinated will go back home for 7 days and follow the online courses, while vaccinated pupils can stay in class (secondary schools).
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Governments should charge money for the PCR tests and covid treatment of people who doesn't want to be vaccinated. They don't deserve to get free treatment when there is a vaccine which could prevent hospitalization and they don't have it.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            News from our Education minister (France).
                            Just like in June 2021, these are the measures for primary and secondary schools from September 1st : masks inside, no mask outside, not allowed to mix different classes (during recess or at lunch), no close contact sports allowed.
                            Classes will close for 7 days as soon as there is one case confirmed (primary schools); if one + case is confirmed, pupils not vaccinated will go back home for 7 days and follow the online courses, while vaccinated pupils can stay in class (secondary schools).
                            Oh gosh thank goodness I didn't grow up with a pandemic. I am really worried with what kind of mental issues these kids will grow up. Touching and close contact are essential for developement.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that these measures aren't necessary, I just feel bad for the kids who are caught up in this mess. So a certain someone who can't read and has problems with decoding information better not think that I am saying to remove these measures.
                            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• See, the way Australia dealt with Covid in the early days was great but they should not be having lockdowns this deep into the pandemic when there are a number of vaccinations available - their government isn’t doing something right, do they have a low number or fully vaccinated people?

Comment

The net is tightening daily on the anti vax crew WW.
                                Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                Governments should charge money for the PCR tests and covid treatment of people who doesn't want to be vaccinated. They don't deserve to get free treatment when there is a vaccine which could prevent hospitalization and they don't have it.
                                I agree. Vaccines need to be made mandatory. It cleary shows that if we rely on the "good will of people to get vaccinated" we are gonna be battling Covid and its mutants for decades to come.
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  See, the way Australia dealt with Covid in the early days was great but they should not be having lockdowns this deep into the pandemic when there are a number of vaccinations available - their government isn’t doing something right, do they have a low number or fully vaccinated people?
                                  Yeah it's that. Many countries in East Asia and Oceania who did great during the first waves with strict and efficient lockdowns didn't really bother to vaccinate people in the meantime. With Delta it's almost impossible to contain it with just lockdowns since it's just so easily spread.

98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Yeah it's that. Many countries in East Asia and Oceania who did great during the first waves with strict and efficient lockdowns didn't really bother to vaccinate people in the meantime. With Delta it's almost impossible to contain it with just lockdowns since it's just so easily spread.
                                    I can see why people in those countries are frustrated - in Australia’s case, it’s not even like they’ve got a huge population but I’ve just read that less than 24% of the country is fully vaccinated?! That’s so low.

Comment

• NZ is even more ridiculous. Apparently, the head of state even asked people not to speak with their neighbours. Because of 10 cases in the whole country...
                                      Just read that someone from Australia (I can look it up in more detail and provide the source if needed) said that 'they don't need any more lockdowns by the time they hit 70% vaccinated people'. As an Australian, I'd be so pissed. Not even Israel reached 70% thus far.
                                      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

Meanwhile in Australia..

No wonder cases are still rising, despite the lockdown, when the lockdown is clearly not being observed by huge amounts of people.

Almost 900 new cases reported in the last 24 hours.

how's their economy doing? i am very curious considering they had strict lockdowns and no flights/tourists/visitors

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          Governments should charge money for the PCR tests and covid treatment of people who doesn't want to be vaccinated. They don't deserve to get free treatment when there is a vaccine which could prevent hospitalization and they don't have it.
                                          Germany are ending free tests soon and I am sure other countries will follow suit.

Comment

• Macron has already announced the end of free PCR testing early in July. Starting in october, If you havent been declared closed contact, you’ll have to pay for your test.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The French are back at their favourite national passtime !!
                                              • Frances interior ministry said around 175,500 people in total demonstrated on Saturday - down from roughly 215,000 last weekend although numbers could increase as people return from summer holidays. They demonstrated across France for a sixth consecutive weekend on Saturday against a Covid-19 health pass required for daily activities, Reuters reports.

Comment

• It is funny to me how certain people in here are calling Australia and New Zealand ridiculous while Australias main problem is the low vaccination levels, yet have been pushing an anti vax agenda in here for the last 8 months. Also apparently vaccine uptake was not great in Australia due to fear mongering over the AZ vaccine and now they have limited supplies of Pfizer. InfoFromAus might have more concrete information on this

Meanwhile the Auckland Cluster has now grown to 66 with 6 in Wellington. ( NZ)
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Sun August 22, 2021, 13:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                  See, the way Australia dealt with Covid in the early days was great but they should not be having lockdowns this deep into the pandemic when there are a number of vaccinations available - their government isn’t doing something right, do they have a low number or fully vaccinated people?
                                                  Australia now has 30% of eligible people vaccinated and growing rapidly.

It's very complicated though.

The rate of vaccinations was quite low before July since we hadn't had any cases in months - so there was no urgency.
                                                  You might say that's stupid but consider that Australia had more deaths from the vaccine (AZ) in the first 6 months of this year, than of COVID itself (which was 0 deaths to July from local infections). You could understand people wanting to wait for Pfizer.

Soon after AZ was restricted to over 60s as many countries did, and at the time there were 0 cases here so not a huge issue. Pfizer was the preferred vaccine for under 60s and it was in severe short supply until recently. The demand for vaccines now is huge, and AZ is open to everyone once again.

The vaccination rate has now reached over 1.7 million doses per week, equating to about 4.5% growth per week across both first and second doses (945,000 first doses last week, and 817,000 second doses).

So in about 2 weeks' time the fully vaccinated number should reach about 40% and the first dose rate should reach 62%.
                                                  In 1 month, we should reach 50% fully vaccinated and 72% first dose (but could be higher as the Pfizer supply increases in September and the daily vaccination figures have now climbed to over 300,000).
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection

Comment

Working...
                                                    X