No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand is finally reopening to ten low risk countries….including the UK… despite the fact we currently have one of the worst covid rates but ok.
    1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• I got covid last week even though I’m double vaccinated and wear double masks everywhere…
      B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
        I got covid last week even though I’m double vaccinated and wear double masks everywhere…
        How did you feel?
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I haven't checked out the numbers in weeks.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Thought this thread was finally dying but our resident ghoul SholasBoy couldn’t resist a bump about holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              Thought this thread was finally dying but our resident ghoul SholasBoy couldn’t resist a bump about holidays.
              Eeee Thailand is not a holiday for me, I can't fly that far
              1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                I haven't checked out the numbers in weeks.
                Daily cases: 38,520 (+4,651)
                In hospital: 7,003 (+214)
                Daily deaths: 181 (+15)

Comment

I got covid last week even though I’m double vaccinated and wear double masks everywhere…
                  How strong were the symptoms? When did you get vaccinated?
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I was vaccinated in April. I was going to get my booster shot last Friday. The irony of my life getting a positive test two days before.

it started as GI issues, so doctors dismissed it as a stomach bug.
                    i haven’t gone out of the house for over 18 months. Work and home. Double masked anywhere. So not sure how I got it.

on Wednesday when I got my positive test, the chest pains were massive and while thankfully my oxygen levels never went below 97, I was already struggling to breathe by the time I got to the hospital.
                    given I have asthma, I qualify to receive monoclonal antibodies which I did. I started feeling better in 24 hours. Lost my sense of smell/taste on Friday but since yesterday starting to come back. My quarantine ends tonight.

Im staying right here.

Comment

I was vaccinated in April. I was going to get my booster shot last Friday. The irony of my life getting a positive test two days before.

it started as GI issues, so doctors dismissed it as a stomach bug.
                      i haven’t gone out of the house for over 18 months. Work and home. Double masked anywhere. So not sure how I got it.

on Wednesday when I got my positive test, the chest pains were massive and while thankfully my oxygen levels never went below 97, I was already struggling to breathe by the time I got to the hospital.
                      given I have asthma, I qualify to receive monoclonal antibodies which I did. I started feeling better in 24 hours. Lost my sense of smell/taste on Friday but since yesterday starting to come back. My quarantine ends tonight.
                      OK you might have not developed strong immunity to the vaccine, and 6 months is enough to show a sharp decline in antibodies in some people. The Pfizer shot holds especially bad with the delta variant. I'm glad you recovered quickly though! You were probably very lucky to have been vaccinated nonetheless, I'm sure you had some initial protection.

This is one reason why I don't care about covid anymore, I'm not stopping my life for something inevitable. I get vaccinated and I move on. Now there are new therapies being approved, booster shots, etc. Most people around me are vaccinated so lower chance and transmitting, lower chance of infection, lower chance of severe infection, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• I just wish they would focus on the monoclonal antibodied as a for of therapy as it seems to go unnoticed.

the reason Im recovering fast is certainly because I got them.

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Plus yes I know personally 35 breakthrough cases (including mine)

and they are
                          32 Pfizer
                          2 Moderna
                          1 johnson & johnson

now I know most people did get pfizer in the US, but still that’s a lot of breakthrough cases for myself to know personally but also the gay community we all know each other

Im staying right here.

Comment

I just wish they would focus on the monoclonal antibodied as a for of therapy as it seems to go unnoticed.

the reason Im recovering fast is certainly because I got them.
                            Ironically it takes a lot of time to get new therapies approved, the Pfizer vaccine only recently got full approval.

"Three anti-SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibody products currently have Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs) from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in nonhospitalized patients with laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection who are at high risk for progressing to severe disease and/or hospitalization."
                            https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...al-antibodies/

Comment

Plus yes I know personally 35 breakthrough cases (including mine)

and they are
                              32 Pfizer
                              2 Moderna
                              1 johnson & johnson

now I know most people did get pfizer in the US, but still that’s a lot of breakthrough cases for myself to know personally but also the gay community we all know each other
                              If none of them were severe/critical, that shows you the efficacy of the vaccines.

Comment

• Nope. Only mine was taking the turn for the worse but still enough therapies out there to stop it to get bad.

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Our freedom day here in Ireland next week is under jeopardy due to the rising case/hospital numbers. We have one of the biggest uptakes for the vaccine and I feel like we’re circling back to the dark days. It’s unbelievably depressing just thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                    Our freedom day here in Ireland next week is under jeopardy due to the rising case/hospital numbers. We have one of the biggest uptakes for the vaccine and I feel like we’re circling back to the dark days. It’s unbelievably depressing just thinking about it.
                                    Are people using that ridiculous term in Ireland aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Are people using that ridiculous term in Ireland aswell
                                      I’ll call it however I please after not being in a nightclub for over 19 months.

Comment

• Honestly I expect the upcoming winter to be the worst so far. I'm happy to be vaccinated and hope they will allow booster shots over here as soon as possible so I can get it by the year-end (had my 2nd dose already in late June).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          Honestly I expect the upcoming winter to be the worst so far. I'm happy to be vaccinated and hope they will allow booster shots over here as soon as possible so I can get it by the year-end (had my 2nd dose already in late June).
                                          Yes, the situation look more grim than at the start, most of the governments have already given up on Zero covid policy, so who knows what's next.
                                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I’ll call it however I please after not being in a nightclub for over 19 months.
                                            Ah poor you, how have you coped.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

If none of them were severe/critical, that shows you the efficacy of the vaccines.
                                                Vaccines are supposed to prevent infection, not to just reduce symptoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

You should also know that no vaccine is 100% effective. As a matter of fact some previous vaccines have far lower efficacy compared to covid's. Preventing serious infection is also a huge benefit of these vaccines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

No they aren't lol. As I suspected in our previous exchange you clearly did not understand how vaccines work and you have just confirmed with this completely incorrect statement.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Thu October 14, 2021, 21:50.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X