No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bavaria is going into lockdown at midnight. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Munich is proving to be the most responsible government in the country right now.

The fact that a crisis of this magnitude is still being handled on a state by state basis though.. Unbelievable! We're almost as messy as America. What even is the point of our national government? Now that Merkel can't travel around the world anymore like she's some kind of pop star, she just sits at home and does nothing. Step down already.

Comment

• Over 1000 new confirmed cases in the last 24 hours over here, nearly 5,000 in total now. I guess we will have a complete shutdown very soon.

Comment

• Did your partner meet his friend, Tansike ?

I feel for people in countries like the USA where not everybody has a health insurance. What are they gonna do when they get the virus? If lots of people get the virus in the US and won't be able to pay the hospital costs, Trump is gonna be so impopular he won't get re-elected. Or he may postpone the elections to stay in office of course.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
          Bavaria is going into lockdown at midnight. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Munich is proving to be the most responsible government in the country right now.

The fact that a crisis of this magnitude is still being handled on a state by state basis though.. Unbelievable! We're almost as messy as America. What even is the point of our national government? Now that Merkel can't travel around the world anymore like she's some kind of pop star, she just sits at home and does nothing. Step down already.
          Wait I could have sworn Bavaria was already on a full lockdown since some days ago. Gosh there is so much fake news going around atm it's insane.
          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            Did your partner meet his friend, Tansike ?

I feel for people in countries like the USA where not everybody has a health insurance. What are they gonna do when they get the virus? If lots of people get the virus in the US and won't be able to pay the hospital costs, Trump is gonna be so impopular he won't get re-elected. Or he may postpone the elections to stay in office of course.
            I wish this would make people back off but he's close to getting a bill passed that will give many low income Americans a $1000 check...I feel like that might actually get him quite a few people, even democrats, on his side and get him more votes...

Anyway I'm in Austria where the lockdown is to be extended to April 13 now
            Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post

Anyway I'm in Austria where the lockdown is to be extended to April 13 now
              You can't travel back to the US or weren't you to go anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                Bavaria is going into lockdown at midnight. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Munich is proving to be the most responsible government in the country right now.

she literally can't do much. We are a federal republic... or do you want a new constitution?
                My Chart

Comment

You can't travel back to the US or weren't you to go anyway?
                  I just got back from new york 10 days ago, right before everything exploded...no, I am living in Austria most of the time now, it was my intention to come and stay here, so I'm glad I came back here right before the travel mess broke out
                  Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

Did your partner meet his friend, Tansike ?
                    Aww... thanks for asking back <3 Yes he did, and that friend even went to my partner and slept at his place. He'll meet another friend who will stay at his place on Sunday as well. I tried to talk to him, but sadly we ended up having an argument over it

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Aww... thanks for asking back <3 Yes he did, and that friend even went to my partner and slept at his place. He'll meet another friend who will stay at his place on Sunday as well. I tried to talk to him, but sadly we ended up having an argument over it
                      You don't live together?

Does he want to get the virus or what does he find so difficult to understand about social distancing?

Comment

You don't live together?

Does he want to get the virus or what does he find so difficult to understand about social distancing?
                        No, we don't live together

No idea. He's all about social distancing in other cases and gets upset a lot when he sees other people on the street etc. so I really don't know why he reacts the way he does with his friend. Maybe I will try to hit him up again later today, but it's probably a lost case

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

she literally can't do much. We are a federal republic... or do you want a new constitution?
                          We don't need a new constitution, check the current one.

The moment the federal government decides to act on corona, decisions made by the states become void.

Comment

• I've learned today by the RKI (Robert Koch Institute) that Germany is currently testing 160,000 people per week on Corona Virus.

Which, and this is my understanding - correct me if I'm wrong - is absolutely massive in the world right now. Thence, the number of new-infections is so high and the death rate is so low. Or at least this may be one factor why the situation is as it is in GER.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Six hundred twenty seven deaths in Italy in 24 hours.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Wow this British woman in ICU posted a video of what it's like, she looks terrible. and those coughs hurt to even hear...and she says she's actually way better than before...

​​​​​​https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-3?r=DE&IR=T
                                Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                                  Wow this British woman in ICU posted a video of what it's like, she looks terrible. and those coughs hurt to even hear...and she says she's actually way better than before...

​​​​​​https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-3?r=DE&IR=T
                                  Read the video is old and not about covid-19.
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• UK changes announced tonight...
                                    • The government will cover up to 80% of people's salaries (up to £2,500 per month, per person).
                                    • All pubs, clubs, gyms, museums, cinemas and restaurants are ordered to close indefinitely from midnight tonight.
                                    • £1 billion has been pledged to support renters.
                                    • No companies will need to pay VAT over the next 3 months.
                                    • There will be interest free loans to businesses (12 months interest free).
                                    • An additional £1,000 in Universal Credit per claimant per year + an additional £1,000 in working tax credit.
                                    It is simply incredible - Rishi Sunak (our Chancellor) was brilliant in his speech.

Comment

• ^^ It does read well but where is all this money coming from
                                      LJC--->>

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• One of my cousins in Michigan have been diagnosed with Coronavirus and she is not doing good at all according to my dad and brother. Her weight is at a unhealthy level and she is diabetic, so I am very scared about her condition right now. My dad said she could barely talk on the phone (shortness of breath).
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                                            ^^ It does read well but where is all this money coming from
                                            They are funding it through gilts - or government bonds. I understand from wider reading that the government have instructed the UK DMO (Debt Management Office) to issue almost £160 billion in gilts (government issued bonds) to fund this (with the rest of the £330 billion package funded by cuts, rather than cash injections).

Comment

• quarantine and lockdown leads to people being dismissed from their jobs...I imagine that stronger economies might be able to handle this crisis, but here in Belarus the jobseeker's allowance/unemployment benefit is about 10£ a month, a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck. Even a single lockdown month here can lead to very dire consequences
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                                                ^^ It does read well but where is all this money coming from
                                                They're doing the bare minimum, especially compared to other European countries. Covering people's salaries is the only measure that costs a significant amount of money.

Comment

• I don't think there is a scientific way to remedy the economic situation here. The fall of production and trade and jobs is not due to a fall of demand or liquidity in the market so traditional strategies might not work. Although it is possible to have a steep recession followed by a steep recovery (especially if the death toll is high), it is more likely that jobs and profits will be lost for the long run, especially in the aviation/tourism industry. We might be looking to an even bigger economic shock than 2010 (hopefully not).

jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

• eew, a home for old people in Würzburg, Germany saw half a dozen people die today... I can't.

We must prepare for a rise in deaths in Germany now that it has reached retirement homes.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X