Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Wait what? How old is your cousin? Did she have any other condition before?

Sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best!
    Thank you boo. She is in her mid 40s. My dad's first cousin. She is diabetic and her weight is not healthy. My dad said her heart is doing good but her lungs are not. They have her turned on her stomach which they believe will help her breath but brain damage is likely due to the low oxygen that she received. I did read stories of people who were on ventilators and they recovered, so I am hopeful.

I have been losing family members left to right so I am scared as hell right now but trying to remain positive.
    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Thank you boo. She is in her mid 40s. My dad's first cousin. She is diabetic and her weight is not healthy. My dad said her heart is doing good but her lungs are not. They have her turned on her stomach which they believe will help her breath but brain damage is likely due to the low oxygen that she received. I did read stories of people who were on ventilators and they recovered, so I am hopeful.

I have been losing family members left to right so I am scared as hell right now but trying to remain positive.
      Gosh those stories about people with condtions suffering so bad from Corona are terrifying. I am really worried for my dad who has a heart condition and is sick from all kinds of things basically all the time. I just know that if it gets to him it might end really bad
      COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• U.K. on lockdown.

Very serious changes ahead.

Comment

• Conditions of U.K. lockdown...

Shopping for basic necessities.

one form of exercise per day, alone.

leave home for a medical need or to care for a vulnerable person.

to travel to and from work only where absolutely necessary.

Comment

• I’m glad this has finally happened in the UK, as it was inevitable so it’s good to be under these conditions as they will hopefully now be over sooner than they would have been.

Comment

• Curfew in Cyprus (same as in Greece)
              -you can only go out for certain things but you have to inform the government first through SMS (!!!) and the police will check it. Which means that if you want to go to supermarket and instead SMSing code 2, you sms code 1 (going to work), you might be fined...
              jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

Gosh those stories about people with condtions suffering so bad from Corona are terrifying. I am really worried for my dad who has a heart condition and is sick from all kinds of things basically all the time. I just know that if it gets to him it might end really bad
                I am worrying for my parents too. They are both in their 70s and my dad hasn't taken it seriously at all. But hopefully now with the curfew he will stay home a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  Conditions of U.K. lockdown...

Shopping for basic necessities.

leave home for a medical need or to care for a vulnerable person.

to travel to and from work only where absolutely necessary.
                  I think Amazon will still have me delivering tomorrow, they have decided we are frontline staff (they are still operating in Italy and Spain) today was ridiculous though, people seeing the government paying their wages as a paid holiday. It will be interesting to see if anything changes tomorrow...I still think Boris is giving people the benefit of the doubt hoping they will follow these measures, but in a day or two I can imagine he will have to enforce these rules even further.
                  1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Stricter rules as well here in the Netherlands as of tonight.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• So i have to do a shop on Friday as well as pay bills - i hope paypoints are still in use. Supermarkets don't have them. I hope the cornershop i use stays open.
                      Will there be heightened security in all food stores now? Gonna be very strange...
                      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (1st August 20) - Black Honey, Sylvan Esso, Flock Of Dimes, Zella Day, Tate McRae, Hurts, Wye Oak, Shlohmo, Sody and Cavetown, Billie Eilish, Kate Rusby, Tim Arnold, Taylor Swift, The Naked and Famous, John Foxx and The Maths, Clan Of Xymox, Dolly Parton, Jessy Lanza, Seasick Steve...

Comment

• We are on a big lockdown already for 2-3 days now. No intercity travels (not with public transport or even personal transport like cars, you can apply for a permission slip in case you need to take care of someone in another city, relative or similar, or in case of emergency), no public city transport (which has been completely reduced and can be used only with permission slips for people who work). You can only go out for groceries and medical stuff. Shops near me have implemented the rule of only 5 people max being inside, others wait in a line and have to keep 2m distance.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                          So i have to do a shop on Friday as well as pay bills - i hope paypoints are still in use. Supermarkets don't have them. I hope the cornershop i use stays open.
                          Will there be heightened security in all food stores now? Gonna be very strange...
                          An establishment that sells food and essentials (medication) can stay open - if your corner shop has a food range, it should be time.

I guess you could make an argument that a pay point terminal is an essential.

Comment

An establishment that sells food and essentials (medication) can stay open - if your corner shop has a food range, it should be time.

I guess you could make an argument that a pay point terminal is an essential.
                            Yeah but some smaller stores might not see it as viable to stay open or might not want to risk it. In any case i found out that Asda and Sainsburys do Paypoint. Apparently the virus lingers longer on plastic, though. So some serious disinfecting is going to have to happen after every swipe. 40 second hand wash for me, too.
                            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (1st August 20) - Black Honey, Sylvan Esso, Flock Of Dimes, Zella Day, Tate McRae, Hurts, Wye Oak, Shlohmo, Sody and Cavetown, Billie Eilish, Kate Rusby, Tim Arnold, Taylor Swift, The Naked and Famous, John Foxx and The Maths, Clan Of Xymox, Dolly Parton, Jessy Lanza, Seasick Steve...

Comment

• ^ just curious.. what is a pay point terminal and why is it necessary? never heard of that before

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                              this is.. a bit extreme

Comment

• So i found this after i found out about the virus lingering on plastic:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...st-on-surfaces

One aspect that has been unclear is exactly how long SARS-CoV-2, the name of the virus that causes the disease Covid-19, can survive outside the human body. Some studies on other coronaviruses, including Sars and Mers, found they can survive on metal, glass and plastic for as long as nine days, unless they are properly disinfected. Some can even hang around for up to 28 days in low temperatures.
                                Don't panic! It say "other coronaviruses". But be aware and very careful.
                                Last edited by Blondini; Mon March 23rd, 2020, 22:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                  ^ just curious.. what is a pay point terminal and why is it necessary? never heard of that before

this is.. a bit extreme
                                  A pay point terminal is how some people choose to top up their electricity and gas (and pay some
                                  other bills) - you take a card or a key to the shop, they plug it into the terminal and you “top it up” - you then take the card or key home and plug it into your electric or gas meter and top it up. Its “pay as you go” electricity or gas (or as I said, some use it to pay their bills as wel).

Comment

• I've learned today that Germany has also sent 300 ventilators to Italy. This really makes me feel good... knowing that Italy is not left alone... and that so many countries are helping.
                                    My Chart

Comment

A pay point terminal is how some people choose to top up their electricity and gas (and pay some
                                      other bills) - you take a card or a key to the shop, they plug it into the terminal and you “top it up” - you then take the card or key home and plug it into your electric or gas meter and top it up. Its “pay as you go” electricity or gas (or as I said, some use it to pay their bills as wel).
                                      You would think in 2020 you could top up something like that via your bank app, like a prepaid mobile phone.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• We will never have curfew here because government doesn't want to pay the bills or rents of its citizen. We're heading for disaster i'm afraid.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Good to hear the UK is finally on lockdown as well. So basically all or most of Europe is on lockdown or something similar?

I‘m still not sure about our situation here. We acted early, but started to react very slowly IMO and I‘m really afraid of what is going on in Italy/Spain.

The US press briefing has been awful to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                            Good to hear the UK is finally on lockdown as well. So basically all or most of Europe is on lockdown or something similar?

I‘m still not sure about our situation here. We acted early, but started to react very slowly IMO and I‘m really afraid of what is going on in Italy/Spain.

The US press briefing has been awful to watch.
                                            Most of continental Europe will see a flattening of the curve in the next couple of days. It is already starting in Italy. I'm most concerned about the US (and then Africa). The US is literally so big and so far behind... that I think they will become the first nation with 1 million infected. Africa is on a whole other level bc of the insufficent health care systems there and lack of testing in general. Even if Asia and Europe beats this somehow over the next 2 months... or contains it... the virus is still running havoc in Africa and probably the US.

Which means... among fatalities (which is the worst thing) that even if we flatten the curve here in Europe... the economies of Europe will still suffer due to the situation in the US (South America also) and Africa. So of course we can be happy to have made progress, but it will be far from over.

I assume... that life will only return to normal when we have the vaccine or any other medicine to treat it.

The whole situation really is sth for the history books. I believe that in 50 years or so... the kids who are currently in school... will be known as the "Lost generation" because they will literally miss 1 school year bc of this.
                                            My Chart

Comment

Thanks. Funny concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                We will never have curfew here because government doesn't want to pay the bills or rents of its citizen. We're heading for disaster i'm afraid.
                                                North Cyprus does have curfew and, you know, it is essentially Turkey governing there so...

Comment

• Wow so trump is so worried about the economy that he wants to lift restrictions and let people go out again and back to their jobs, he doesn't want any lockdowns
                                                  Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                                                    Wow so trump is so worried about the economy that he wants to lift restrictions and let people go out again and back to their jobs, he doesn't want any lockdowns
                                                    Are we surprised?
                                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• My country is really out here having the highest death rate of Covid-19 in the world.............

Comment

• I really don't want to know the number of unreported cases in the world. I guess we long broke the 1m barrier.
                                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• NRW still doesn't have a curfew so can yall guess what kind of people I saw while going to work? Yes, old grey haired people who could barely walk and shouldn't be anywhere out. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore. They are asking for it.

Also they still seem to be oblivious to the whole situtation. They don't keep their damn distance to other people and behave like nothing happened. I had to walk on the street for a moment cuz some old idiot wouldn't budge or make any room while walking on the sidewalk.

He even looked at me like I am crazy or something. Well boo f**king hoo old hag, you are the one who is gonna die if we infect each other.

Last edited by aRat; Tue March 24th, 2020, 10:18.
                                                          COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

The whole situation really is sth for the history books. I believe that in 50 years or so... the kids who are currently in school... will be known as the "Lost generation" because they will literally miss 1 school year bc of this.
                                                            One missing school year is the least of our worries. They can go to school one year longer if this should be needed.

I do agree that it's worrying to see what's going on in the USA. With their health system and their president... I think they are in for a much worse scenario than Europe.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

NRW still doesn't have a curfew so can yall guess what kind of people I saw while going to work? Yes, old grey haired people who could barely walk and shouldn't be anywhere out. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore. They are asking for it.

Also they still seem to be oblivious to the whole situtation. They don't keep their damn distance to other people and behave like nothing happened. I had to walk on the street for a moment cuz some old idiot wouldn't budge or make any room while walking on the sidewalk.

He even looked at me like I am crazy or something. Well boo f**king hoo old hag, you are the one who is gonna die if we infect each other.
                                                              My father is cancer-survivor (2019)... and he is 68 and still going to work everyday. He owns his own contruction business... and so he is in Hamburg a lot too... I can't. My mum and I are screaming at him everyday. However, he loves working so much... Some people will never learn. However, my state only has 500 confirmed cases as of today...
                                                              My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                              X