Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

    No they aren't lol.
    Yes, they are. LOL!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

      Yes, they are. LOL!
      Google is your friend.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

      Comment


      • Yes, I know this isn't related at all, but promo for the 20th anniversary countdown knows no bounds.

        The deadline to participate in the Favourite Songs Countdown is approaching. You can PM me with questions. The votes are due on Oct. 18th.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

          Google is your friend.
          So use it: Vaccination and antibodies

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
            As you were already told no vaccine is 100 percent effective. Miss me with whatever uneducated agenda you are trying to push here.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • Now I do not really know exactly how the situation is in other countries these days, but here in the U.S. right now, we are suffering through an EXTREME LABOR SHORTAGE! It seems we have thousands of people afraid to go to work because of the pandemic, because of that, THINGS ARE BAD, EXTREMELY BAD! Like where I work @, we are so short-staffed that my co-workers & I are all working 50+ hours EVERY WEEK in order for us to stay open! & also my bf, my mom, & my dad are all working extra hours as well because of staffing shortages! & because we are all working more hours, my 2 kids are in a before & after school care program before school & after school since we have nobody else to take care of them while we are all working more hours! & it sucks, & there are NO SOLUTIONS to this since many people here in the U.S. are still not back to work, so the staff shortages will not end!

              Sorry for the long post... I just wish there was a solution to this...

              Comment


              • We are having a labour shortage too but it seems more that foreign workers have returned home since Brexit and our British luvvies who voted for Brexit because they wanted to send all the foreigners home are too lazy to do those jobs but happy to bitch on social media about petrol shortages.
                1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

                Comment


                • How wonderful, there’s a new variant of Delta doing the rounds in the UK.

                  AY.4.2, which some are calling "Delta Plus", contains mutations that might give the virus survival advantages.
                  I’m so over it all.
                  Bleep Bloop Blop

                  Comment


                  • The media will be clinging on to that one for dear life, as the majority of people could no longer care less.

                    Comment


                    • E7CE0B19-061F-42AC-9AA5-DD421BB95781.jpeg

                      The BBC published this graph today saying that compared to this time last year cases are massively higher but hospital admissions are lower. Am I being thick here? As these graphs are showing different periods of time…don’t they actually show that admissions are currently higher than a year ago?
                      1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

                      Comment


                      • That plot doesn't show number of cases though. But you are correct, it's a false analogy. If you want to keep up to date with reasonable covid data and analysis, I recommend John Burn-Murdoch on Twitter. He is an analyst for the Financial Times and is very very good, as well as he is based in the UK and does a lot of UK-focused analysis
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                          That plot doesn't show number of cases though. But you are correct, it's a false analogy. If you want to keep up to date with reasonable covid data and analysis, I recommend John Burn-Murdoch on Twitter. He is an analyst for the Financial Times and is very very good, as well as he is based in the UK and does a lot of UK-focused analysis
                          He never suggested it did.

                          And no it isn't. It is comparing the two waves of covid when they occured, not the same time period of two years.
                          Last edited by InFamous; Tue October 19, 2021, 18:45.
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                            E7CE0B19-061F-42AC-9AA5-DD421BB95781.jpeg

                            The BBC published this graph today saying that compared to this time last year cases are massively higher but hospital admissions are lower. Am I being thick here? As these graphs are showing different periods of time…don’t they actually show that admissions are currently higher than a year ago?
                            Yes But it it showing the time periods of when the waves of infections started. The left is Wave 1, the right is the latest Wave when Delta kicked in and the cases started going up again in July until now.

                            Last edited by InFamous; Tue October 19, 2021, 18:44.
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              He never suggested it did.

                              And no it isn't. It is comparing the two waves of covid when they occured, not the same time period of two years.
                              Geez you try so hard to always come out on top..

                              1. You cannot remove the time effect from the equation. It is well known that hospitalizations rise in the cold months, thus you simply can't compare July and October. For covid it's still not fully known how weather impacts the infection rate, but many of the worst months in terms of the mortality occurred during winter for several European countries.
                              2. For you to be able to compare both periods according to number of infected, you need to know how many were infected. With that plot, that is not possible so you can't make the conclusions BBC did based on that plot alone. You need more info.
                              Last edited by DnBLover; Wed October 20, 2021, 07:36.
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

                                Geez you try so hard to always come out on top..

                                1. You cannot remove the time effect from the equation. It is well known that hospitalizations rise in the cold months, thus you simply can't compare July and October. For covid it's still not fully known how weather impacts the infection rate, but many of the worst months in terms of the mortality occurred during winter for several European countries.
                                2. For you to be able to compare both periods according to number of infected, you need to know how many were infected. With that plot, that is not possible so you can't make the conclusions BBC did based on that plot alone. You need more info.
                                Nothing to do with coming out on top. Just simply pointing out that the graphs are comparing the two waves of infection, which they are.
                                And every scientist in the world has been doing that seeing as the waves occurred at different time periods.
                                And we have the info. Case numbers are around the same now as then. Sholasboy wrote this in his first message and we know it anyway. That was literally the whole point, similar case numbers to wave one with far less admissions due to the vaccine .
                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                Comment


                                • Yes the waves occurred at different time periods across the world but have you checked when the most deadly periods have been in Europe?

                                  Regarding the number of cases, you can not use just the plot above to prove anything. No, not everyone knows how the number of cases looked last year. I sure don't.
                                  Anyway I can post later here an analysis on the current rise of covid in the UK.
                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                    Yes the waves occurred at different time periods across the world but have you checked when the most deadly periods have been in Europe?

                                    Regarding the number of cases, you can not use just the plot above to prove anything. No, not everyone knows how the number of cases looked last year. I sure don't.
                                    Anyway I can post later here an analysis on the current rise of covid in the UK.
                                    Obviously the similar case numbers were referenced in the article.

                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                    Comment


                                    • NHS leaders are calling for a return of some restrictions, such as face coverings indoors. Here we go again...
                                      Bleep Bloop Blop

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                        NHS leaders are calling for a return of some restrictions, such as face coverings indoors. Here we go again...
                                        LOL

                                        It will never end.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                          NHS leaders are calling for a return of some restrictions, such as face coverings indoors. Here we go again...
                                          We knew that was going to happen, there's over 5 Million adults not vaccinated. University's are now back and winter is just round the corner.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Parkelife View Post

                                            We knew that was going to happen, there's over 5 Million adults not vaccinated. University's are now back and winter is just round the corner.
                                            Yeah that was pretty inevitable really.
                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                              Yeah that was pretty inevitable really.
                                              Apparently, Harrogate has the highest infection rate in England. And was seeking advice to go into a local lockdown. Thar was on the regional news on Monday.

                                              Comment


                                              • Press conference at 5pm.

                                                What was the name of that Beyonc song?
                                                Bleep Bloop Blop

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                  Press conference at 5pm.

                                                  What was the name of that Beyoncé song?
                                                  7 11?
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I wonder what is it about Tuesdays that see higher death rates.


                                                    Daily Covid cases have been above 40,000 for seven days in a row, with 43,738 new infections reported on Tuesday, and the number of patients in hospital rose by 10% in a week to 7,749 on Monday.


                                                    Another 223 deaths were recorded, the largest number since March, although daily figures are often higher on Tuesdays.
                                                    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-589765...5Bpost+type%5D
                                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X