Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    I wonder what is it about Tuesdays that see higher death rates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-589765...5Bpost+type%5D
    Weekend figure reported on a Monday, announced Tuesday.
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Concerning to see the deaths go well over 200 again in a single day.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• The daily cases are getting consistently close to the 50,000 mark now so it's probably time to enforce the face mask rule once again. What else could keep that under control?

Comment

• Glad I got vaccinated. Mostly people who didn't get the vaccine end up in hospital here.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Latvia the first country in Europe to reimpose lockdown -

Latvia has announced a month-long Covid-19 lockdown after an unprecedented surge in infections, becoming the first country in Europe to reimpose far-reaching restrictions amid a new wave of cases in countries across the continent.

The Baltic country has one of the highest rates of new Covid cases relative to population in the world, according to the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), after successfully keeping the virus at bay for months.

“Our health system is in danger … The only way out of this crisis is to get vaccinated,” the prime minister, Krišjānis Kariņš, said on Monday evening at an emergency government meeting. He said the country’s low vaccination rate was to blame for the surge in hospital admissions.
            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1634739865

Comment

• There is a lot of talk at the moment about pushing vaccine passports further. While I personally believe everyone has a responsibility to get themselves vaccinated. It could surely affect peoples jobs and I wonder how that will impact an already shortfall of workers.
              1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                There is a lot of talk at the moment about pushing vaccine passports further. While I personally believe everyone has a responsibility to get themselves vaccinated. It could surely affect peoples jobs and I wonder how that will impact an already shortfall of workers.
                At this point the only way out of this is for everyone to get freaking vaccinated. If people do not understand that by now there is no hope for a resolution to this whole situation. We are just going around in circles at this point. Mark my words Latvia will not be the last to see lockdowns again. I suspect Russia will follow soon.

Comment

• One thing for sure, Turkey won't be going into a lockdown anytime soon

Daily new cases have never been under 20k and around 200 people die every day for the past 6 months so i doubt anything will change here soon.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Nz just had its biggest day ever with 102 cases. Our vaccination rates sit at 86% single dose (those eliblgible) and 68% double dose with 78% booked in for second dose.

Restrictions are starting to come in for unvaccinated not only because cases have jumped to worse than ever but because that single Vax percentage has only increased by 4% in 3 werks while double has increased by 13%. It highly suggests that everyone willing and able to get vaccinated already has and that number isn't high enough for freedom.

Auckland has been in hard lockdown for 2 months now and ad a result the economy (Auckland holds almost 25% of the population) has slowed hard. The government are paying out fortnightly wage subsidies and 3 weekly business bumpers as long as anywhere in the country is in lockdown but the extensive restrictions are cause a lot of tension (some real intense rages going on).

A new system is being announced today that will eradicate levels 1 to 4 and use traffic lights instead. For instance an amber alert will mean businesses have the choice of either having a limited capacity in the venue or everyone that comes in needing to be fully vaccinated therefore essentially putting the unvaccinates in their own lockdown.

It's going to be absolutely brutal on businesses to have to make that call and monitor it. Particularly hospitality and retail. But it should incentivise enough people to push us over the 90% mark.
                    Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

At this point the only way out of this is for everyone to get freaking vaccinated.
                      LOL. Even if everyone and their mother take the vaccine, COVID-19 won't go away. It's here to say forever, just like the flu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

LOL. Even if everyone and their mother take the vaccine, COVID-19 won't go away. It's here to say forever, just like the flu.
                        What kind of an argument is that? It's here to stay forever, so let's not get the vaccine?
                        Or maybe you WANT it to stay forever so you don't have to get the vaccine?
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Way to completely miss the point as usual.

Comment

Way to completely miss the point as usual.
                            Your point was that we could achieve herd immunity if everyone got the vaccine.

You were wrong as per usual.

Comment

Your point was that we could achieve herd immunity if everyone got the vaccine.

You were wrong as per usual.
                              No it wasnt. I never said a thing about herd immunity.

Comment

• You’ll never achieve herd immunity now - the moment has passed and as it turns out, covid immunity is only a few months anyway. The best way to have dealt with COVID would have been total lockdown right at the start and to have starved it out - but in practise that would have been impossible too (as people need to get groceries etc).

So it is what it is and all we have are vaccines that prevent serious illness and possible death. Why anyone would want to tempt fate by refusing a vaccine is beyond me - but I stopped trying to figure that one out months ago.
                                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

At this point the only way out of this is for everyone to get freaking vaccinated. If people do not understand that by now there is no hope for a resolution to this whole situation. We are just going around in circles at this point. Mark my words Latvia will not be the last to see lockdowns again. I suspect Russia will follow soon.
                                  Exactly this. It's alarming to see that hospitalisations are rising. If it keeps on rising, new measures or even a new lockdown is imminent.
                                  These anti-vaxxers are the loudest when it comes to protesting against any measures, while they are mostly the ones ending up in the hospital.
                                  I really hope the numbers will slow down. I'd hate to have to go through another lockdown. People should just take the vaccine!
                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Anti-vaxxers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 90 percent approx of people in hospital currently are not vaccinated..

Meanwhile wave 4 is gathering speed in Germany according to reports today and Russia break their record for daily deaths for the fourth day in a row with over 1000.

This winter has the potential to be a disaster. There's just too many unvaccinated people roaming around..

Comment

• Yet those who are unvaccinated are the first to cry about restrictions… that they are causing.

Comment

90 percent approx of people in hospital currently are not vaccinated..

Meanwhile wave 4 is gathering speed in Germany according to reports today and Russia break their record for daily deaths for the fourth day in a row with over 1000.

This winter has the potential to be a disaster. There's just too many unvaccinated people roaming around..
                                          In Saxony (East German state) barely 57% of all people are vaccinated. I swear the East is killing us all.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                            Anti-vaxxers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
                                            honestly, i think this is a fair solution.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                              Glad I got vaccinated. Mostly people who didn't get the vaccine end up in hospital here.
                                              We might need a booster tho. I'm not sure when you got the 2nd dose. I got mine in May. (5 months ago). I think initially they said that the vaccine was only good for 6 months or so. I'd take shot #3 anytime.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Anti-vaxxers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
                                                Smokers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.

Comment

• If anti vaxxers aren’t having vaccines because they have some misguided view that it’s against their human rights … … then what makes you think they’ll willingly sign a legal disclaimer?
                                                  1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

Smokers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
                                                    the tax you pay on tobacco products pay many medical bills and funds many researches ... so this is not really good comparison. As Anti-waxxer and covidiot you don't pay to not get the vaccine.

nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Working...
                                                    X