No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think we should be worried about the infection rate but look at the number of daily hospitalisations.
    The virus is bound to circulate, especially during the fall/winter, but is it doing major damage…that’s when I be worried!
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
      Germany is gonna discuss enforcing work from home for businesses again this Thursday. Ahh hopefuly they pull through.

It's gonna be an absolute pleasure to watch our disgusting witch of a manager announce WFH again after she forced us to come back to office the moment WFH was lifted country-wide.
      Same! As soon as it "wasn't guidance" we were given a very clear instruction that we HAD to be back in the office with NO EXCEPTIONS. This was at a time when locally cases were rising rapidly and on site, there were COVID breakouts

It's definitely a trust issue with some employers I think, but some are so shortsighted; I easily worked an additional 2 hours min per day when I was WFH which I certainly don't now I'm back to the commute.

Comment

• Time will tell for the UK, if anything it will be after Xmas. In Scotland, they said people can have a normal Xmas with no restrictions, for now like. That could change.

Comment

• I wouldn’t be too fussed with a January lockdown, it’s a miserable month anyway.

Comment

• At our school 7 groups have been sent home...
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post

Same! As soon as it "wasn't guidance" we were given a very clear instruction that we HAD to be back in the office with NO EXCEPTIONS. This was at a time when locally cases were rising rapidly and on site, there were COVID breakouts

It's definitely a trust issue with some employers I think, but some are so shortsighted; I easily worked an additional 2 hours min per day when I was WFH which I certainly don't now I'm back to the commute.
              They approved WFH rules again. Waiting for that passive aggressive email from our manager announcing it today
              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
              98 - OUT

Comment

Germany is gonna discuss enforcing work from home for businesses again this Thursday. Ahh hopefuly they pull through.

It's gonna be an absolute pleasure to watch our disgusting witch of a manager announce WFH again after she forced us to come back to office the moment WFH was lifted country-wide.
                I guess it depends on your company / position / boss. Neighbor was allowed to WFH all year. He did 2w in office + 1w WFH during summer, 1w in office + 2w WFH in fall and now he‘s home until next year.

In other news, I was sent home from school on Friday after 4 students in my class tested positive and I was caught coughing. Thankfully, I was allowed to test myself out of quarantine today, but somehow my sis and her bf managed to catch it despite being double vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                  somehow my sis and her bf managed to catch it despite being double vaccinated.
                  Yet another example that shows that the vaccine is effective at preventing infection.
                  Last edited by Debs_Wild; Mon November 22, 2021, 19:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

Yet another example that shows that the vaccine is effective at preventing infection.
                    Just stop with your idiotic gibberish.

The vaccines, or whatever you wanna call them, were developed in record time to help combat the spread and cut mortality and hospitalisation.
                    It's been independently proven in multiple countries that several vaccines drastically reduce mortality and hospitalisation, as well as reducing spreading.
                    Of course they are newly developed and the full picture about immunity is still emerging. It is already know that aspects such as length between doses, age, sex, etc affects immunity/length of immunity. What is indisputable, is that the vaccines are highly effective in reducing hospitalisation and especially death. On top of that, it was never claimed the vaccines worked 100% of the time. Actually, all of them have different efficacy rates and working mechanisms.

The health system is trying to prevent people from fcking dying and all you ignorants are simply cockblocking it in the name of... Entitlement. Worst is, you all seem immune to facts.
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Do you even follow the news?
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• German health minister Jens Spahn wants to regulate and reduce the use of Biontech Pfizer... lol.

1,000,000 daily new-infections here we come.

(around 30 million German citizens have not been vaccinated yet - at all).
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

The vaccines, or whatever you wanna call them, were developed in record time to help combat the spread and cut mortality and hospitalisation.
                          It's been independently proven in multiple countries that several vaccines drastically reduce mortality and hospitalisation, as well as reducing spreading.
                          Of course they are newly developed and the full picture about immunity is still emerging. It is already know that aspects such as length between doses, age, sex, etc affects immunity/length of immunity. What is indisputable, is that the vaccines are highly effective in reducing hospitalisation and especially death. On top of that, it was never claimed the vaccines worked 100% of the time. Actually, all of them have different efficacy rates and working mechanisms.

The health system is trying to prevent people from fcking dying and all you ignorants are simply cockblocking it in the name of... Entitlement. Worst is, you all seem immune to facts.
                          This post should show at the top of all pages of this thread

Comment

• Germany: 52.755 cases.

Tomorrow est... 65k - 71k.

I think Covid ended here.
                            My Chart

Comment

• If only Fauci was so invested and concerned during the HIV epidemic/pandemic witnessing millions die while dragging his feet. If not for Operation Warp Speed, there would be no vaccine so credit must be given to —whether you like him or not—Trump for accelerating its development and cutting all the red tape.

But Big Pharma is all about making money and it won’t surprise me that it will push for boosters until the end of time as they reap major profits at our expense. After all, it’s our tax dollars paying to save the world.

Too bad our tax dollars didn’t save the millions of friends, family and loved ones we lost to AIDS and it took charities and activism to finally push for a drug to combat a disease that decimated a certain population.

Covid is definitely real but how real is an answer that only China can answer so while I appreciate the fears of those who still haven’t received their initial shots for fear of any long term side effects; the benefits today seem to outweigh the risks of tomorrow. Who wants to prematurely dance with death? Protect yourselves and those around you on one hand vs a mandate that excludes religious freedom and ultimately choice on the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

The big d**k energy phew
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Everyone wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. Everyone. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi, opening my emails and the first thing I read is: “Home Office approved again starting next week”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on to ask my colleague just to see more and more evidence about it. I couldn’t believe it. My Work From Home dream was alive and well and there I was at 9AM sitting in my office looking at the screen of my computer.
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

I mean.. I unknowingly spent 2 days around her when she was definitely already infectious and didn‘t catch it. So yeah, very effective in my case.

Comment

• Got my third vaccination today.

Comment

• I have covid at the moment! Had a positive PCR on Monday. Only symptom of the main three I’ve had is loss of smell and taste, but my taste is on its way back today. I have also had usual cold symptoms (blocked and runny nose, achy, low energy) but feeling much better today.

Unsure where I caught it as in the ten days prior I was in London for a few days (via two trains), went to two gigs in Leeds, went to a big shopping centre in Sheffield and for a few meals all over.

Glad to be double-jabbed or I may have been a lot more sick!

Comment

Everyone wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. Everyone. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi, opening my emails and the first thing I read is: “Home Office approved again starting next week”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on to ask my colleague just to see more and more evidence about it. I couldn’t believe it. My Work From Home dream was alive and well and there I was at 9AM sitting in my office looking at the screen of my computer.
                                          Oh how I live for that dream but great news for you Was the email from your passive aggressive manager?!

Thriller, glad to hear you're not feeling too bad matey - fingers crossed for a smooth ride from here on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                            Got my third vaccination today.
                                            In my state doctors are refusing to booster people under 70. I feel robbed.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Germany:

Neue Fälle aus den Bundesländern am heutigen Tag: 70.960 (+12.329 bzw. +21% im Vergleich zur Vorwoche)
                                              Anzahl der Neuinfizierten pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 53.375 (+1.761 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                                              Prozentuale Änderung des 7-Tage-Durchschnitts im Vergleich zur Vorwoche: +28% (-2 Prozentpunkte im Vergleich zu gestern)
                                              Anzahl der Patienten in intensivmedizinischer Behandlung: 4.070 (+83 im Vergleich zu gestern), davon beatmet 2.124 (+72 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                                              Prozentuale Änderung der Anzahl der ITS-Patienten im Vergleich zur Vorwoche: +21% (-1 Prozentpunkt im Vergleich zu gestern)
                                              Anzahl der Erstimpfungen pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 58.278 (+3.067 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                                              Anzahl der Zweitimpfungen pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 44.232 (-1.110 im Vergleich zu gestern)

*sorry for the German

However, tomorrow we can expect 80,000 new infections. <3

Corona is OVER. Freedom Day NOW! (is what the politicians are screaming).
                                              My Chart

Comment

Everyone wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. Everyone. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi, opening my emails and the first thing I read is: “Home Office approved again starting next week”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on to ask my colleague just to see more and more evidence about it. I couldn’t believe it. My Work From Home dream was alive and well and there I was at 9AM sitting in my office looking at the screen of my computer.
                                                I would rather shoot myself in the head than be told I have to work from home at the moment. To counteract this I have taken on the role of policing mask wearing in my building, seeing as our so called "covid compliance officers" have been doing nothing much since the first week where they were all serious. If I so much as see a nose peaking out from the top of a mask I immediately scream ALL NOSES TO BE COVERED IN THIS BUILDING.
                                                I also patrol the entrances and scream NO MASK NO ENTRY at regular intervals. IT has proved to be effective so far as no one has gotten covid on my watch. No idea what happens when I go home.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Wed November 24, 2021, 21:17.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• InFamous what on Earth is your job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                    InFamous what on Earth is your job?
                                                    I work in the students union department on a college campus and students seem incapable of wearing a mask properly. I am so over them at this stage.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Working...
                                                    X