Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

You are scaremongering, don’t believe everything you read. Look for facts and figures. The average SA double vaccination rates is around 22% according to Reuters and their daily confirmed covid cases increase around 4500 per day at the moment. In the UK it’s a a daily rate of 37,000 people but a 30% three vaccination rate.
    I didn't mention anything about vaccination rates and neither did she. Nor was I talking about the UK in isolation. Corona virus is a global problem I'm afraid not just a UK one.
    The facts are hospitalisations have tripled in two weeks in the region I mentioned, it's from their official website. Sorry if the truth scares you.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Melanie C had just announced the cancellation of her European tour dates, due to the covid situation.
      ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I didn't mention anything about vaccination rates and neither did she. Nor was I talking about the UK in isolation. Corona virus is a global problem I'm afraid not just a UK one.
        The facts are hospitalisations have tripled in two weeks in the region I mentioned, it's from their official website. Sorry if the truth scares you.
        You’re regurgitating news without facts and figures, without quantifying the severity of the news you’re posting and claiming the doctor is trying to downplay the situation.

You sound like an anti-vaxxer: discounting a medical professional because it doesn’t fit your narrative. This is scaremongering.
        Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

You’re regurgitating news without facts and figures, without quantifying the severity of the news you’re posting and claiming the doctor is trying to downplay the situation.

You sound like an anti-vaxxer: discounting a medical professional because it doesn’t fit your narrative. This is scaremongering.
          No it's you who is doing this. You posted a video with zero context. The doctor you quoted treated thirty patients and claimed no one needed hospitalisations. They were all under 40. Since then in the SA area hospitalisations have tripled in two weeks. Those are the facts. If youre interested to look them up Google is your friend.
          and of course the doctor is trying to downplay things. The world has effectively shut it's doors to SA leading up to Christmas lol. If you aren't aware at this stage the amount of politics that is at play behind the scenes then you are being very short sighted .

Comment

• It doesn’t matter how you dress it up - we have a medical professional explaining how the symptoms she has witnessed are not severe. Yet you’re posting about how hospitalisations in SA have tripled in a two week period - but what do you expect from a country with a 22% double vaccination rate?

Saying things like ‘hospitalisation have tripled in a week’ is inflammatory without context, and it’s exactly the same thing the media do to rile people and scare them into clicking on an article.

This is also the exact same thing that made me quit this thread months ago. It’s the same thing that made me give up reading various news websites - because it’s toxic and too much of it can consume a person.
            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Saying the symptoms she has seen are not severe without the context of which she was speaking is just incorrect. The people she was speaking about when she made that video were 30 people under 40, the demographic who generally suffer from mild symptoms anyway.

Her and the SA president have been on a press tour trying to convince everyone this is no big deal and it's clearly because they want the travel ban lifted.

Didn't realise you had quit the thread. Welcome back!;

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Well don't we still have to wait 6 months for it? 6 months for me takes me into January.
                Well I guess this answers our questions as it has just been announced:

• Booster jabs will be offered to all over 18s to help stop a potential wave driven by new variant Omicron
                • Gap between second dose and booster reduced from six to three months
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59457268

Comment

• Great that the UK is opening up boosters to all, but some timescales would be appreciated. Get. It. In. My. Veins.

Comment

• Had to sent all my pupils home today as one of them has been tested positive last Friday (and his mother only told me this morning...sis, get real). Only took me 90 minutes to call every parent, explain the situation and what they had to do over the next 24 hours...I'm only a teacher, why is it my role to do that seriously.
                    Everyone has been tested today or will be tomorrow, and they can only come back if they provide a negative test...
                    Had my first test too then (first time "exposed" to the virus) and it was negative.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Well I think on one hand it's great that they're pushing people to get boosters earlier, but on the other hand, it seems quite alarming that we would need a booster only 3 months after a second dose.
                      1 Ministers De La Funk |2 James Morrison|3 Gryffin |4 Wet Leg |5 NOTD

Comment

• This whole thing has ruined the mental health of many. It truly does. Specially for developing countries. The lack of vaccines is killing thousands. But when people read they need a 3rd dose they're so hesitant to go there, there's countless threads on social media claiming the vaccines don't work against Omicron already. Facebook should have a dedicated team watching these posts unfold

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                          This whole thing has ruined the mental health of many. It truly does. Specially for developing countries. The lack of vaccines is killing thousands. But when people read they need a 3rd dose they're so hesitant to go there, there's countless threads on social media claiming the vaccines don't work against Omicron already. Facebook should have a dedicated team watching these posts unfold
                          There's someone on my Facebook I'm in the mood for blocking who constantly posts rubbish about people needing to "wake up" and how everyone is acting like sheep, and there's no way he's wearing a "covid advert (mask)" in the shops. Yesterday he posted some viral list of footballers that have dropped dead after having covid vaccines. It doesn't take much research to discover that some people on this list are still alive and others haven't even had the vaccine. People are so quick to believe this crap and accepting it as gospel. Surely that is someone that needs to wake up and not behave as a sheep?
                          1 Ministers De La Funk |2 James Morrison|3 Gryffin |4 Wet Leg |5 NOTD

Comment

There's someone on my Facebook I'm in the mood for blocking who constantly posts rubbish about people needing to "wake up" and how everyone is acting like sheep, and there's no way he's wearing a "covid advert (mask)" in the shops. Yesterday he posted some viral list of footballers that have dropped dead after having covid vaccines. It doesn't take much research to discover that some people on this list are still alive and others haven't even had the vaccine. People are so quick to believe this crap and accepting it as gospel. Surely that is someone that needs to wake up and not behave as a sheep?
                            Report his profile for misinformation and Facebook will review and take action if needed!

Comment

Cut them off like a dead limb.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                                This whole thing has ruined the mental health of many. It truly does. Specially for developing countries. The lack of vaccines is killing thousands. But when people read they need a 3rd dose they're so hesitant to go there, there's countless threads on social media claiming the vaccines don't work against Omicron already. Facebook should have a dedicated team watching these posts unfold
                                Facebook is LIVING for this mess.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I keep forgetting that people still use Facebook

I haven't set foot in there since at least 5 years
                                  DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• The dangerous thing is that a lot of people, especially the boomer generation, take Facebook as gospel. They seem to think because it’s online it’s completely reputable?!

This booster will have been my fifth vaccine (including flu jabs) in the space of 18 months, it makes you wonder just how many we’re going to need.

Comment

You are scaremongering,
                                      That's exactly all he does in this thread. He even seems to enjoy it.

Comment

• In the latest report by the World Health Organization ( WHO) on the Omicron strain they have described it as a variant which poses a very high risk of infection surge.

The Omicron coronavirus variant is likely to spread internationally, posing a "very high" global risk of infection surges that could have "severe consequences" in some areas, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

"Omicron has an unprecedented number of spike mutations, some of which are concerning for their potential impact on the trajectory of the pandemic," the WHO said. "The overall global risk related to the new variant is assessed as very high."

To date, no deaths linked to Omicron had been reported, though further research was needed to assess Omicron's potential to escape protection against immunity induced by vaccines and previous infections, it said.

"Increasing cases, regardless of a change in severity, may pose overwhelming demands on health care systems and may lead to increased morbidity and mortality.

"The impact on vulnerable populations would be substantial, particularly in countries with low vaccination coverage," it said.
                                        Full article - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...tion/100660238

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

How dare you not want to get another jab of the FABULOUS vaccine?!?!?!?!

Beware, RayRay might call you an "anti-vaxxer".
                                          How can he be an anti-vaxxer if he already had two jabs?
                                          Me, I don't want any jab at all.

But my husband has cancer. And the thought of him not getting treatment because people who didn't get the vaccine take up room in the hospital is awful.

Also, I have a friend who was in a coma for four weeks, because she didn't take the vaccine. She is out of coma now, but still in the hospital. She hopes the be home for Christmas. I hope she gets better, but she does take up someone's place since early October, which wouldn't have happened if she had gotten the vaccine.

And how fair is it that shops etc. are closed early because 15% of the people want to "have a choice" in taking the vaccine or not?

I was just watching a documentary about pregnant women with covid who ended up in hospital and almost lost their baby's. Maybe it's a good thing people can choose to be vaccinated or not, but is it fair to the unborn child?
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

The thought of him not getting treatment because people who didn't get the vaccine take up room in the hospital is awful.
                                            Enough with the demagogy. How come the thought of your husband not getting treatment because of ill smokers or obese patients doesn't scare you?

No one "takes a place" for anyone. Everyone is equal.

The shops are not closed "because 15% of the people that are unvaccinated". They are closed because of your (stupid) government that takes ridiculous decisions.

Comment

• The Omicron variant has now been basically detected all over Europe. It's realistically everywhere.
                                              Last edited by InFamous; Tue November 30, 2021, 01:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                I keep forgetting that people still use Facebook

I haven't set foot in there since at least 5 years
                                                I haven’t either since it became Karenbook almost 10 years ago.

Comment

Report. Unfriend. Block.

I've removed all idiots like that from my social media (and by extension, my life). Why would I force myself to read so much bs in my spare time. If that makes my social media a left-wing echo chamber, so be it.

My ex will be the only unvaccinated guest at a party we're both invited to next weekend and I bet 100€ it won't be 5 minutes until this topic comes up and it's like 30 against 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

Enough with the demagogy. How come the thought of your husband not getting treatment because of ill smokers or obese patients doesn't scare you?

No one "takes a place" for anyone. Everyone is equal.

The shops are not closed "because 15% of the people that are unvaccinated". They are closed because of your (stupid) government that takes ridiculous decisions.
                                                    There have been ill smokers and obese patients for years. No one ever had send home because there was no room at the hospital before. But I guess as long as you don't have to take the vaccine you will say anything. Happy for you that you don't have to worry, only be scared for the vaccine.
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X