Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my 3rd jab yesterday. Other than the fact the doctor literally stabbed me with the needle and I’ve a lump the size of Iceland on my arm, all is good.
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• UK health chief says no indication of Omicron wave so far

THERE is no sign of a surge of the Omicron coronavirus variant in Britain so far, the chief of the UK Health Security Agency said on Tuesday (30), saying there was no rise in the proportion of tests with a quirk that distinguishes it from Delta.

Jenny Harries said there were five confirmed Omicron cases in England and 10 “highly likely” cases, but that was not a sign of an increase in “S-gene target failure” in PCR tests in Britain, which is a feature of Omicron.

READ MORE

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
        I had my 3rd jab yesterday. Other than the fact the doctor literally stabbed me with the needle and I’ve a lump the size of Iceland on my arm, all is good.
        damn buddy, u will be fine

Comment

• ALL adults in Britain will now be eligible for a third Covid jab, the government said, as concern mounted about the spread of the new Omicron variant.

The move, backed by a scientific advisory body and health secretary Sajid Javid, comes as ministers scramble to react swiftly to the new variant, which was first detected in South Africa.

READ MORE

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

The shops are not closed "because 15% of the people that are unvaccinated". They are closed because of your (stupid) government that takes ridiculous decisions.
            The (stupid) government wants the unvaccinated to have a choice, so they close the shops as they have to do something to stop spreading the virus. I agree those decisions are ridculous. As long as people only care about themselves, those "rules" are not going to help.

UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Waiting on BoJo to stop clowning around and tell everyone to work from home. Even if it's just for the month leading into the new year, it'll stop the spread significantly. In my place, only 35% of the factory workforce are vaccinated. I'm office based, so not on the shop floor, but given how spreadable this mutation is I'm very anxious now about getting ill for Christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                Waiting on BoJo to stop clowning around and tell everyone to work from home. Even if it's just for the month leading into the new year, it'll stop the spread significantly. In my place, only 35% of the factory workforce are vaccinated. I'm office based, so not on the shop floor, but given how spreadable this mutation is I'm very anxious now about getting ill for Christmas.
                I don’t see it happening in 2021. Schools close on 17th December for two weeks, some businesses shut down for the Christmas period and a lot of people take holiday at Christmas. That should help stem some of the spread.

But at the same time, you can’t stop people Christmas shopping (as we saw last year) so Omicron is going to spread. In a couple of weeks we’ll know how effective the vaccines are and in the interim, a lot of people will get their booster jabs.

January and February are much harsher months for germ spreading, so I can see a potential increase on restrictions and guidelines then. But I doubt anything will happen before 1st January.

You have the right to request to work from home, by the way. There must be a legitimate business reason (from a list of eleven outlined by the government) for them to refuse you, which might be hard if you were able to work from home during the pandemic without impediment.
                Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                  You have the right to request to work from home, by the way. There must be a legitimate business reason (from a list of eleven outlined by the government) for them to refuse you, which might be hard if you were able to work from home during the pandemic without impediment.
                  This is interesting. Can you link me to something to read further on?

Comment

• I see there's a lot of exempt people in shops again. People are so arrogant.
                    1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

• Booked my booster jab for Dec 24, I will probably be high at the Xmas Eve dinner

Meanwhile, we were told to self-isolate and WFH due to the positive case at the office last week. If my test tomorrow is negative, I will be free

Comment

• BRITISH health secretary Sajid Javid urged people to book a Covid-19 booster shot on Wednesday (1) as he said there were 22 confirmed cases of the Omicron virus variant in the country.

Javid said the government believed a booster campaign would help protect against severe disease from Omicron, even if it turns out that vaccines are not as effective against the variant as previous strains of the disease.

READ MORE

Comment

• Breaking News: 100,000 kids in Germany are currently Covid-19 positive (trend ... exploding). Politicians are debating whether or not to send them into the winter break holidays 3 days earlier (on Dec 20th instead of Dec 23rd)... and the FDP is throwing massive fits and claim that those 3 days are the most important days of the year for learning...

I laughed and puked... also head shot.
                          My Chart

Comment

• I will get my 3rd shot on Dec 7th. I'm relieved. finally... previously I was deemed too young to get another vaxx shot... as per incompetence of politics... but now... some people have realized that it would be OK for teachers to get vaccinated...

also shoot me in da head.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              and the FDP is throwing massive fits and claim that those 3 days are the most important days of the year for learning...

December is the least productive month school wise
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                Breaking News: 100,000 kids in Germany are currently Covid-19 positive (trend ... exploding). Politicians are debating whether or not to send them into the winter break holidays 3 days earlier (on Dec 20th instead of Dec 23rd)... and the FDP is throwing massive fits and claim that those 3 days are the most important days of the year for learning...

Not 100, 000.....
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• First confirmed case of Omicron in the U.S. in California.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    First confirmed case of Omicron in the U.S. in California.
                                    Do yall even test anymore? I heard the pandemic was declared over there

There must be hundreds if not thousands of cases already
                                    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

December is the least productive month school wise
                                      I always find July to be the least productive.
                                      UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I always find July to be the least productive.
                                        We only work for a few days in July in France.
                                        And I say work very loosely lol. Most of the times I play with my pupils and we clean up the classroom.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

We only work for a few days in July in France.
                                          And I say work very loosely lol. Most of the times I play with my pupils and we clean up the classroom.
                                          Exactly. In December we have three works. You only do fun things in those three weeks? I would go crazy and so would the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Exactly. In December we have three works. You only do fun things in those three weeks? I would go crazy and so would the kids.
                                            No we’re working full time but clearly you can feel that the energy is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                              I see there's a lot of exempt people in shops again. People are so arrogant.
                                              I was pleasantly surprised in Morley Aldi yesterday, only spotted two without!

Comment

No we’re working full time but clearly you can feel that the energy is different.
                                                The energy is different, yes. But still a productive month IMO.

Back on topic: I just saw some changes we may have to make in the future if corona is to come back every winter.
                                                They were thinking of:
                                                - Celebrating carnival in the summer (which would be great IMO; have been saying this for years)
                                                - Making the Christmas holiday longer
                                                - No summer break for sports (but winter break instead)

Comment

• Germany is banning unvaccinated people from events and virtually all businesses but grocery stores. Mandatory vaccinations possibly as soon as February.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                                    Germany is banning unvaccinated people from events and virtually all businesses but grocery stores. Mandatory vaccinations possibly as soon as February.
                                                    I can't at how the government is celebrating 73k daily cases by saying that the incidence rate is slowly descreasing. 73,000 new-infections daily. LOL.

we are doomed with such fools.

gun, head, pull.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X