Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It’s really interesting that such severe apprehension or talks of another lockdown isn’t even hinted or relatively imminent in the US even as cases are increasing daily.

    The US is steadfast on keeping the economy open as inflation hits a thirty year high.

    I’m not sure how to feel when I hear Covid would eventually be like the flu and like an annual flu shot and an annual booster would be needed as well. Covid isn’t anywhere near the flu and we aren’t even close to grasping its trajectory as it constantly mutates.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Zeph View Post
      It’s really interesting that such severe apprehension or talks of another lockdown isn’t even hinted or relatively imminent in the US even as cases are increasing daily.

      The US is steadfast on keeping the economy open as inflation hits a thirty year high.

      I’m not sure how to feel when I hear Covid would eventually be like the flu and like an annual flu shot and an annual booster would be needed as well. Covid isn’t anywhere near the flu and we aren’t even close to grasping its trajectory as it constantly mutates.
      It's quite interesting to see your stance on Covid, considering it's the total opposite of generality of the republican party. Have you or your family been hit hard by covid?
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

        It's quite interesting to see your stance on Covid, considering it's the total opposite of generality of the republican party. Have you or your family been hit hard by covid?
        Zeph does not need to justify his stance to you or anyone else and it is quite inappropriate of you to ask him about his family and private business. Your post is in very poor taste in my opinion.
        Last edited by InFamous; Mon December 13, 2021, 17:00.
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

          Zeph does not need to justify his stance to you or anyone else and it is quite inappropriate of you to ask him about his family and private business. Your post is in very poor taste in my opinion.
          He can speak for himself. I sure would not like to have you as my spokesperson
          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

          Comment


          • First Omicron death reported…in the UK.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

            Comment


            • I went to the cinema a few hours ago to see Clifford the Big Red Dog and as I expected, I was the only person wearing a face covering in the screening. The other 8 people did not bother at all!

              Comment


              • It still baffles me that you can stand in a pub mingling with dozens of people in close proximity and not wear a mask but you have to wear one to sit still in a cinema where it’s much more unlikely you’ll be within 2 metres of others not in your group.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                  It still baffles me that you can stand in a pub mingling with dozens of people in close proximity and not wear a mask but you have to wear one to sit still in a cinema where it’s much more unlikely you’ll be within 2 metres of others not in your group.
                  I always take off my mask once I'm sat down.
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                  Comment


                  • Who's ready for a messy Christmas again? Don't think most European countries will impose strick lockdowns like in Spring-Summer 2020, but it'll take a week (maybe two) to really understand the risk Omicron poses (when it comes to deaths). What's worrying is the increasing amount of pandemic/vaccine deniers, at least in my country. I get people are tired of the bad news, but I honestly don't see how pretending there's no pandemic solves anything.
                    Find me here:
                    https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                    https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

                    Comment


                    • UK records 59,610 new Covid cases - highest daily total since early January

                      Now veering very close to the highest ever levels but surely these will reduce as people follow the Plan B rules?

                      Also, I managed to bring my booster shot up to Sun 19 from Thurs 23 as I didn't want any sore arm disrupting my Christmas day! It's worth checking for cancellations if you have a little patience.
                      Last edited by ludichris; Tue December 14, 2021, 17:37.

                      Comment


                      • I‘m so happy Olaf appointed King Karl to handle this.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                          I‘m so happy Olaf appointed King Karl to handle this.
                          we love Karl. <3
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Primary schools to close in Netherlands as the nighttime lockdown is extended.

                            The Netherlands will shut primary schools next week and extend a night-time lockdown as fears grow over the Omicron coronavirus variant, Prime Minister Mark Rutte has said.

                            Schools will close from December 20 instead of on Christmas Day on December 25 due to concerns that children, among whom Covid-19 rates are the highest, could infect older relatives.

                            "This is obviously not the joyful message we had hoped for as Christmas approaches. But it's not a surprise," Mr Rutte told a press conference.
                            Restrictions are set to be extended until Jan 14th so basically Christmas has been cancelled in the Netherlands as everything will remain closed from 5 to 5. Only four guests are permitted at home.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                            Comment


                            • Can't believe it. They just said on tv we don't have to give online lessons. We will have an extra week off.
                              UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                Can't believe it. They just said on tv we don't have to give online lessons. We will have an extra week off.
                                bummer. what about the kids. In Germany they say that slow learners will decrease even more when we close the schools on the 20th, 21st and 22nd of December (holiday break starts on the 23rd of December here).

                                The Corona cluster gets bigger and bigger...

                                Breaking News:

                                After two dozen kindergarten kids being infected with Covid next to my school, first kids have now also been tested positive at my school, + 1 teacher.

                                the super spreader event continues.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                  bummer. what about the kids. In Germany they say that slow learners will decrease even more when we close the schools on the 20th, 21st and 22nd of December (holiday break starts on the 23rd of December here).
                                  I don't believe a few days extra holiday will be such a bad thing for the children. If a few days is all it takes no one could ever be home sick.

                                  UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                    I don't believe a few days extra holiday will be such a bad thing for the children. If a few days is all it takes no one could ever be home sick.
                                    I agree 100% that is why i am so furious with our education ministers. They are so dumb and need to be arrested for reckless endangerment.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                                      UK records 59,610 new Covid cases - highest daily total since early January

                                      Now veering very close to the highest ever levels but surely these will reduce as people follow the Plan B rules?

                                      Also, I managed to bring my booster shot up to Sun 19 from Thurs 23 as I didn't want any sore arm disrupting my Christmas day! It's worth checking for cancellations if you have a little patience.
                                      I guess the real numbers to watch are the hospitalisations and deaths - Boris has never been concerned with the daily figures, but what that leads too for the NHS. Cases are going up but I also suspect more people are self testing - which is why the government has ran out of free home test kits.

                                      I don’t think Plan B will make any real difference actually. What’s the point if people aren’t socially distancing and schools remain open?

                                      98 Conservatives voted against Plan B in parliament tonight, so Boris could be facing a coup in the new year. What’s that old saying? Oh yeah - what goes around comes around, Boris.

                                      But then that opens a can of worms on who comes next, and I honestly think Sunak, Javid, Patel, Gove nor Truss are up to the job. If I could chose for them I’d pick Raab or May.
                                      Straight white men rule everything around me

                                      Comment


                                      • I kinda wish at this point they would stop reporting case numbers. As they clearly are not being used as a barometer for anything.
                                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                        Comment


                                        • Our governor has announced there won't be any statewide mask mandates - that essentially you've had plenty of time to get the vaccine and if you get sick, it's you own fault for not protecting yourself.

                                          Comment


                                          • Thats kinda stupid though as the vaccine never claimed to prevent coronavirus. The masks were always there as another layer of protection and are important now, especially with this Omicron wave about to rip through soceity.
                                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              I kinda wish at this point they would stop reporting case numbers. As they clearly are not being used as a barometer for anything.
                                              They wouldn’t dare - can you imagine the accusations of a coverup?
                                              Straight white men rule everything around me

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

                                                It's quite interesting to see your stance on Covid, considering it's the total opposite of generality of the republican party. Have you or your family been hit hard by covid?
                                                Thanks for your concern. Regarding politics, just like snowflakes no two republicans, democrats or any other supporters are the same. The Republican Party is far from perfect and the same applies with the Democratic Party here in the states. So often times you get a mixed bag and decide your priorities as it’s all about compromise.

                                                I was deeply troubled by the amount of seniors who were warehoused into hospitals and died due to the virus. And yes I have personally lost loved ones to it. So it does hit close to home. There is too much division in the states right now and it science is being debated and questioned so many are just trusting their gut. At this time, we only know what we read and see. But one fact remains clear and that is the benefits of a vaccine and repeated testing far outweigh death.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                  Zeph does not need to justify his stance to you or anyone else and it is quite inappropriate of you to ask him about his family and private business. Your post is in very poor taste in my opinion.
                                                  Thanks for your words!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                                    I guess the real numbers to watch are the hospitalisations and deaths - Boris has never been concerned with the daily figures, but what that leads too for the NHS. Cases are going up but I also suspect more people are self testing - which is why the government has ran out of free home test kits.

                                                    I don’t think Plan B will make any real difference actually. What’s the point if people aren’t socially distancing and schools remain open?
                                                    Yes, the true 'cost' of the virus is the strain that it puts on the NHS on a day to day basis and of course inevitably the deaths that may come from those hospitalisations.

                                                    ​​​​I was anticipating a more dramatic drop, what with people working from home and there being at least a 20% decrease in footfall in busy retail areas and public transport. The effect of increased usage of face coverings remains to be seen as people are loosely following it.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X