This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I can see that happening in a lot of countries by the first week of January to be honest.
    Same. Omicron is the HBIC, allegedly.

I personally wish they would have done this a few weeks back when they already announced fresh measures. We might have been in more favorable conditions at this point to allow some liberties for the holidays.

They say it’s until the 14th of Jan (infection rates permitting), but I’d wager it’ll be extended through March when outdoor season takes the pressure off transmissions.
    Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post

Same. Omicron is the HBIC, allegedly.

I personally wish they would have done this a few weeks back when they already announced fresh measures. We might have been in more favorable conditions at this point to allow some liberties for the holidays.

They say it’s until the 14th of Jan (infection rates permitting), but I’d wager it’ll be extended through March when outdoor season takes the pressure off transmissions.
      Yup. It is basically gonna go the same way as last year. Messy spring, relatively normal summer, everyone think its over and then autum it starts again and winter is a disaster ! ( hopefully next year autumn and winter will be better)
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Yup. It is basically gonna go the same way as last year. Messy spring, relatively normal summer, everyone think its over and then autum it starts again and winter is a disaster ! ( hopefully next year autumn and winter will be better)
        experts claim that the pandemic will last until 2024. So, 3 more years and 3 more winter to go. It would be a dream come true, if with advanced vaccinations we could get in front of the virus and make it not bother us anymore.

But I also know that we have many covid deniers, so that will be a hurdle to overcome too.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

experts claim that the pandemic will last until 2024. So, 3 more years and 3 more winter to go. It would be a dream come true, if with advanced vaccinations we could get in front of the virus and make it not bother us anymore.

But I also know that we have many covid deniers, so that will be a hurdle to overcome too.
          yeah i read that
          i also read a report which mentioned 2026

Comment

yeah i read that
            i also read a report which mentioned 2026
            2024 or 2026... I hope that people come to their senses. If people continue to refuse to at least acknowledge that the virus exists ... we continue to be in huge trouble. In Germany for example, 25% of the population is anti-vaccinations... which is HUGE. I am not sure what can be done to reach those people. Watching Jodan Klepper and the likes who interview these deplorables makes me sad and aggressive all at the same time.

There is a video of a German "professor" who is a Covid denier and who ended up in ICU and he was interviewed and he still said that he would never get the vaccine and that he still doesn't believe that covid exists when the doctor was standing next to him with an XRay of his lung telling him that he has Covid-pneumonia... The man relied on high doses of O2 already... but he insisted that it is a hoax and that he only has a common cold.

The camera team and the doctor were shocked and speechless at the stupidity.

The world has lost the common ground that used to be science and facts... when presented people were able to accept facts some 10 years ago... that has totally changed today... and it is actually "feelings" which have become the new facts. It is really scary.
            My Chart

Comment

2024 or 2026... I hope that people come to their senses. If people continue to refuse to at least acknowledge that the virus exists ... we continue to be in huge trouble. In Germany for example, 25% of the population is anti-vaccinations... which is HUGE. I am not sure what can be done to reach those people. Watching Jodan Klepper and the likes who interview these deplorables makes me sad and aggressive all at the same time.

There is a video of a German "professor" who is a Covid denier and who ended up in ICU and he was interviewed and he still said that he would never get the vaccine and that he still doesn't believe that covid exists when the doctor was standing next to him with an XRay of his lung telling him that he has Covid-pneumonia... The man relied on high doses of O2 already... but he insisted that it is a hoax and that he only has a common cold.

The camera team and the doctor were shocked and speechless at the stupidity.

The world has lost the common ground that used to be science and facts... when presented people were able to accept facts some 10 years ago... that has totally changed today... and it is actually "feelings" which have become the new facts. It is really scary.
              Theres already been massive protests in london today, over lockdown rules that have not even been announced yet. Anarchy is coming I fear. Time to move to Mallorca or something.

Comment

• They better not try to steal christmas and NYE from us again.

All of my family and friends are either triple vaccinated or double vaccinated and recovered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                  They better not try to steal christmas and NYE from us again.

All of my family and friends are either triple vaccinated or double vaccinated and recovered.
                  DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                  98 - OUT

Comment

Yeah this is what's gonna happen over and over again unless we make vaccination mandatory and tweak the vaccines for new variants fast enough
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                      They better not try to steal christmas and NYE from us again.

Did you not go ahead with your new year's eve party last year?

Comment

• school update: the town where my school is has an incidence rate of 1250+... now 75% of all kids are at home and not coming anymore. <3
                        My Chart

Comment

school update: the town where my school is has an incidence rate of 1250+... now 75% of all kids are at home and not coming anymore. <3
                          But but I thot you love these little devils?
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

But but I thot you love these little devils?
                            I do, but on the 20th of Dec... I'd rather prepare for the xmas party and not spend like 6 hours working. See, it's 1pm now... and I need a nap and the day is basically gone. Normally, I'd just get up at this time without school. <3 (sleeping long is the best).
                            My Chart

Comment

I do, but on the 20th of Dec... I'd rather prepare for the xmas party and not spend like 6 hours working. See, it's 1pm now... and I need a nap and the day is basically gone. Normally, I'd just get up at this time without school. <3 (sleeping long is the best).
                              Are you hosting an illegal superspreader event?

Write me when you are in jail. Maybe I'll come visit when the wave is over in April 2022 <3
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Are you hosting an illegal superspreader event?

Write me when you are in jail. Maybe I'll come visit when the wave is over in April 2022 <3
                                darling. Could you imagine? Me in prison and all the vitamin D I would get. <3

I'm awaiting your highly anticipated visit. Also, could you imagine, us two meeting? I think the world would stop. It would be the biggest collabo the world has ever seen.
                                My Chart

Comment

darling. Could you imagine? Me in prison and all the vitamin D I would get. <3

I'm awaiting your highly anticipated visit. Also, could you imagine, us two meeting? I think the world would stop. It would be the biggest collabo the world has ever seen.
                                  Naur it's trew it's trew
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

Did you not go ahead with your new year's eve party last year?
                                    I ended up celebrating with neighbor and 2 of his friends because all of my friends fell for the fearmongering and pulled out last minute. Not gonna happen again.

Comment

• Quite a few posts from journalists indicating that England will go back into step 2 restrictions from Dec 27 and lasting four weeks. It will be announced this week they say.....

Comment

• So essentially we’re going into restrictions for the unvaccinated because most of the people in hospital are unvaccinated? Two tier society now please.

Comment

• Yes, the unvaccinated people are the problem in all of this and the reason the pandemic is never ending at this point.
                                          They are the reason hospitals and ICUS are clogging up and causing other services and surgeries to be limited or cancelled completely. A message needs to be sent to these damn anti vaxers.

Why restrict the people who have done what they were asked and got the vaccine.

How can people not see the obvious ?

Comment

• So my nephew re-took the test yesterday and he is now negative for COVID (he tested positive a week ago). I'm going downtown tomorrow to check out the Christkindl market and he is begging to go with me. I know my avi is the Grinch, but I'd like to bring him. I just don't know. None of my sister's family is vaccinated, but it's only him who would be going.

Comment

How can people not see the obvious ?
                                              It's so frustrating. My sister has always been my best friend and I'm trying not to let the vaccine thing become a wedge. But it's so hard to not say anything.

She believes the vaccines are not a natural solution (I mean, they are, but not natural enough for her, I guess), and thinks vaccines will cause other health issues, particularly affecting mental health. Her thought is that doctors are so arrogant that they won't even study homeopathy remedies as viable solutions. She believes mask mandates should stay in place because that IS a natural solution, and is upset that our governor is leaving it up to local jurisdiction. She's against laws requiring people to get a vaccine (for work, travel, concerts, etc.) as she thinks it discriminates against people who are making a health decision for her body.

Like, what do you to say of this that won't result in an argument... It drives me crazy that she thinks people are so "judgmental" about her decision when she's just as judgmental, and doesn't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

It's so frustrating. My sister has always been my best friend and I'm trying not to let the vaccine thing become a wedge. But it's so hard to not say anything.

She believes the vaccines are not a natural solution (I mean, they are, but not natural enough for her, I guess), and thinks vaccines will cause other health issues, particularly affecting mental health. Her thought is that doctors are so arrogant that they won't even study homeopathy remedies as viable solutions. She believes mask mandates should stay in place because that IS a natural solution, and is upset that our governor is leaving it up to local jurisdiction. She's against laws requiring people to get a vaccine (for work, travel, concerts, etc.) as she thinks it discriminates against people who are making a health decision for her body.

Like, what do you to say of this that won't result in an argument... It drives me crazy that she thinks people are so "judgmental" about her decision when she's just as judgmental, and doesn't see it.

How does a vaccine cause a mental health issue?

And yeah that is my main issue with anti vaxers. They scream and should that they should have a choice but yet feel they have the right to berete those who also made a choice - to have the vaccine!

Comment

Like, what do you to say of this that won't result in an argument...
                                                  That she is completely right. The government shouldn't make a health decision for people's body, especially when it comes to a vaccine that they have to take endlessly, every few months, in order for it to remain somewhat "effective".

Comment

I really sympathise with you here Cheapy. I have three sisters, one has been boosted with no issues. The other two though...

One works in a pharmacy, and has had the first two vaccines, but won't have the booster. She maintains that she's been more ill since having the vaccine. She has chrons disease and she's compromised, and her recent flare ups are as a result of the chrons, not the vaccine, but she won't hear otherwise.

The other sister maintains she knows of someone who died of a heart attack after the booster. She doesn't actually know them, it's a Facebook friend of a friend. The danger here is she's told my 65 year old mother (whom I don't speak to) to not have the vaccine as she's concerned she will die if she has it.

It's infuriating to say the least. I'm not one for confrontation so I've bit my tongue. I don't have an answer for you re: your sister, I think we just have to let people make their own decisions here regardless of how we feel.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X