This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

That she is completely right. The government shouldn't make a health decision for people's body, especially when it comes to a vaccine that they have to take endlessly, every few months, in order for it to remain somewhat "effective".
    But no one is saying it's endlessly? That's a major assumption.

​​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post

But no one is saying it's endlessly? That's a major assumption.
      It's not. A fourth shot is already being considered in Israel: Fourth COVID shot for all Israelis a possibility, health minister says | The Times of Israel

At this rate, I'm sure we will see fifth & sixth shots next year, too.
      Last edited by Debs_Wild; Tue December 21, 2021, 18:56.

Comment

It's not. A fourth shot is already being considered in Israel: Fourth COVID shot for all Israelis a possibility, health minister says | The Times of Israel

At this rate, I'm sure we will see fifth & sixth shots next year, too.
        But you're still assuming. The article says a fourth shot is being considered only. It's not "endless" and no one is saying that

Comment

But you're still assuming. The article says a fourth shot is being considered only. It's not "endless" and no one is saying that
          My assumption is far more logical than assuming that the third shot is the first & last booster.

Didn't people assume just a few months ago that two shots are all we need in order to return back to our "old & normal life"?

Comment

My assumption is far more logical than assuming that the third shot is the first & last booster.

Didn't people assume just a few months ago that two shots are all we need in order to return back to our "old & normal life"?
            Nope. The assumption was that two doses were fine, on the basis that the virus didnt mutate to evade it.

The reason it mutated was simple: not enough people taking up the vaccine. The majority of which were because poorer nations hadn't enough supply, but secondary because people are too quick to believe in scaremongering and "Facebook Karen" to influence their choice.

It's simple: get vaccinated when you can and get on top of this.

The only "endless" part of this whole thing is trying to spell out the obvious to the ignorant.

​​​

Comment

The reason it mutated was simple: not enough people taking up the vaccine.
              LOL

How many people is considered "enough"? 7 billion people?

Viruses mutate. That's in their nature. The vaccines don't prevent COVID-19 infection, which means the vaccinated can carry the virus while it mutates in them.

Sauces:

Most of the World’s Vaccines Likely Won’t Prevent Infection From Omicron - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Why the Covid-19 vaccines do not stop the virus from circulating | Science & Tech | EL PAÍS English Edition (elpais.com)

Comment

• Some people don't learn.
                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

LOL

Viruses mutate. That's in their nature. The vaccines don't prevent COVID-19 infection, which means the vaccinated can carry the virus while it mutates in them.

Sauces:

Most of the World’s Vaccines Likely Won’t Prevent Infection From Omicron - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Why the Covid-19 vaccines do not stop the virus from circulating | Science & Tech | EL PAÍS English Edition (elpais.com)
                  Oh come on, you're picking at the smallest straws to try and prove a point. You, and people like you, are one of the key drivers why this thing is running far longer than it should. EVERY educated person knows fine well that NO vaccine is 100% effective at stopping transmission nor serious illness.

Omicron derived from a country where less than 8% of the population is vaccinated. Yes, viruses mutate but that mutation is far quicker and more transmissible when it has the environment to do so.

The more people protect themselves with the tools we have at our disposal, the better chance we have of beating it. And yes, 7 billion would be fantastic, but considering 50% of the world's population is yet to be vaccinated we're a long way off.

People are literally dying day in, day out, and you have to audacity to LOL at the situation on a forum? Shame on you.

Comment

Oh come on, you're picking at the smallest straws to try and prove a point. You, and people like you, are one of the key drivers why this thing is running far longer than it should. EVERY educated person knows fine well that NO vaccine is 100% effective at stopping transmission nor serious illness.

Omicron derived from a country where less than 8% of the population is vaccinated. Yes, viruses mutate but that mutation is far quicker and more transmissible when it has the environment to do so.

The more people protect themselves with the tools we have at our disposal, the better chance we have of beating it. And yes, 7 billion would be fantastic, but considering 50% of the world's population is yet to be vaccinated we're a long way off.

People are literally dying day in, day out, and you have to audacity to LOL at the situation on a forum? Shame on you.
                    Shame on you for twisting my words. I'm LOLing at you, not at people dying. You talk about ignorance? Check your facts before you post. 23.5% of the population in SA is vaccinated, not 8%.

If the vaccines were so effective then you wouldn't put the blame on those who chose not to get them.
                    Last edited by Debs_Wild; Tue December 21, 2021, 22:39.

Comment

Shame on you for twisting my words. I'm LOLing at you, not at people dying. You talk about ignorance? Check your facts before you post. 23.5% of the population in SA is vaccinated, not 8%.

If the vaccines were so effective then you wouldn't put the blame on those who chose not to get them.
                      Nice use of the forum formatting. Regardless, I meant the continent not the country. Not ignorance, merely tired eyes, a bit of wine and fast fingers. I'd quote some stats but I'm sure you're eager to look them up yourself.

And 23% is still piss poor, let's be honest.

But yes, I do put the blame on those who choose not to get them because it's selfish, irresponsible and insulting to every other person who's lost a loved one and who's life choices have been limited as a direct result. And I include you in that, because it's this kind of narrative that does more harm than good. Well done.

​​​​​

Comment

Yes.

As long as there's huge amounts of unvaccinated people in many countries, and as long as rich countries don't give vaccines to poor countries, this situation will continue like this. Sure, the next waves are probably going to be less brutal in Europe, North America and other places, but the virus won't disappear or stop being dangerous just because people disagree with the science.
                        Find me here:
                        https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                        https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                          How does a vaccine cause a mental health issue?

And yeah that is my main issue with anti vaxers. They scream and should that they should have a choice but yet feel they have the right to berete those who also made a choice - to have the vaccine!
                          I'd explain but I don't really want to give credence to the view by posting it.

But yes, she's decided all doctors and all scientists are completely arrogant and think they know everything. ALL OF THEM.

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                          That she is completely right. The government shouldn't make a health decision for people's body, especially when it comes to a vaccine that they have to take endlessly, every few months, in order for it to remain somewhat "effective".
                          That didn't really answer my question in how to relate to my sister.

That said, I have no problem with taking a booster or two each year as it responds to mutations. The flu vaccine is yearly; maybe this will have to be as well. I don't understand why that would be so terrible.

Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                          It's infuriating to say the least. I'm not one for confrontation so I've bit my tongue. I don't have an answer for you re: your sister, I think we just have to let people make their own decisions here regardless of how we feel.
                          I've often said when I'm on the opposite side of the fence from someone, the argument is not worth it unless both of us are willing to reconsider our position. So I normally don't, but this persecution complex my sister has for her decision is difficult to take. I'm glad she feels that I'm a person she can talk to about this; she complains to me about all the people who give her advice. I guess that's why I vent here about it.

Comment

• I've got my booster!! Just as the EU have announced that boosted people will be basically allowed free travel in the EU without limits from Feb. How will this work for the UK I wonder..

Also I cannot at certain people trying to downplay the vaccine because boosters are needed lol. The utter desperation.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• ^^^ congrats on the booster!

Today for Christmas I got an early present - a positive lateral flow

It's completely ruined our plans to spend Xmas with family, so my wife (who tested negative) is currently out at the supermarkets trying to salvage some sort of festive food for our quiet day together.

I feel fine though, asymptomatic. I take a lateral flow every day, and this one caught me off guard! I've had a drive through PCR earlier so waiting for the official results. Gutted!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

^^^ congrats on the booster!

Today for Christmas I got an early present - a positive lateral flow

It's completely ruined our plans to spend Xmas with family, so my wife (who tested negative) is currently out at the supermarkets trying to salvage some sort of festive food for our quiet day together.

I feel fine though, asymptomatic. I take a lateral flow every day, and this one caught me off guard! I've had a drive through PCR earlier so waiting for the official results. Gutted!
                                  Maybe the pcr will be negative? Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Maybe the pcr will be negative? Fingers crossed for you.
                                    After her £250 food spree this aft I think it's safe to say we'll be having Xmas on our own even if it is negative At least I have a partner and child to spend the day with, I really feel for those who live on their own and have to endure Christmas on their own too as a result of a positive test.

Comment

After her £250 food spree this aft I think it's safe to say we'll be having Xmas on our own even if it is negative At least I have a partner and child to spend the day with, I really feel for those who live on their own and have to endure Christmas on their own too as a result of a positive test.
                                      Are you not worried about passing it on to them?!

Comment

Are you not worried about passing it on to them?!
                                        You know, I'm really not. My wife is boosted and I know babies don't get seriously ill from it so I'm very much "it is what it is". My main concern is passing it on to elderly relatives etc, so now I know I'm positive I can take that precaution and ensure they stay safe.

Comment

• NB: she did have the option of locking me in a spare room for a week but she said no

Comment

NB: she did have the option of locking me in a spare room for a week but she said no
                                            No thats totally cool. Every family has to make their own decision on that. I dont even know what the current rules are these days with isolating etc cos it changes so much.

Comment

• Got my second dose of Pfizer vaccine (4th vax overall) and it screwed me. I have fatigue, i feel cold a bit and my arm is very sore. Not getting that 5th vaccine anytime soon.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Got my second dose of Pfizer vaccine (4th vax overall) and it screwed me. I have fatigue, i feel cold a bit and my arm is very sore. Not getting that 5th vaccine anytime soon.
                                                  You will be fine in a day or two. My booster was Moderna and a day later I had fever, and was as weak as a kitten. Next day I woke up and it was gone and now i feel good apart from a little tiredness which should be gone tomorrow.

OFT - please navigate to the Songs section where I have a new thread which needs your attention.

Comment

• I was finally boostered last week... my 3rd doese of Moderna. I've had 0 side effects from the vaccine this time.

The 2nd dose still was the worst... (24hrs feeling sick)... but this time around... zero <3
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X