Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy loves being dramatic. You shouldn't read too deeply into it, Plym .
    Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
    Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
    Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
      probably the most wildest statement in this thread

in just under 2 years, German deaths are at just over 110k, where are you getting 25 million from and how do you know a third of the population doesn't believe in covid?
      It is estimated by our healt ministry that a third of the German people refuse to believe in Covid-science. There even was an article about it that Germans in other countries (like Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands) are driving up the cases there as well bc of their reluctance in believing in science.
      My Chart

Comment

• Have you got sources for those statements?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          Have you got sources for those statements?
          no, he's making it all up
          what's going on?

Comment

• Hospitals should give the priority to people who are vaccinated when it comes to choosing patients. People who chose to stay unvaccinated should remain at their homes and hope for the best.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Aren't vaccinated people in the minority when it comes to hospitalized people anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                no, he's making it all up
                Bild.de but it is in German.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Do you happen to have the exact article?

Comment

Do you happen to have the exact article?
                    It was posted weeks ago.
                    My Chart

Comment

why didn't you just say you read it in a Facebook post...

we need thread-bans

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

why didn't you just say you read it in a Facebook post...

we need thread-bans
                        Well, Bildzeitung is a huge newspaper... akin to the Los Angeles times. Axel Springer is also Europe's biggest publishing house. I know that the news of Germany once again being the "sick man of Europe" is hard to stomach, but we have seen the demonstrations, we have seen our own insurrection and the rise of the new Birkenstock Nazis trying to undermine laws etc, so the only way out, is to speak about it.

My Chart

Comment

• If you quote something controversial and cannot back it up with a source, it is not the best sign that the information you posted in the first place is credible.
                          Last edited by theMathematician; Fri December 31, 2021, 16:02.

Comment

If you quote something controversial and cannot back it up with a source, it is not the best sign that the information you posted in the first place is credible.
                            When I read something, Im not gonna think of saving a link for ukmix. Sorry for that.
                            My Chart

Comment

Well, Bildzeitung is a huge newspaper... akin to the Los Angeles times. Axel Springer is also Europe's biggest publishing house. I know that the news of Germany once again being the "sick man of Europe" is hard to stomach, but we have seen the demonstrations, we have seen our own insurrection and the rise of the new Birkenstock Nazis trying to undermine laws etc, so the only way out, is to speak about it.

Sadly there's an increasing chunk of the population in many countries that do not believe in "covid-science" and are either protesting or throwing parties/raves/other events putting other people at risk. And the longer it takes for this pandemic to be over, the bigger this number of skeptics will be. I don't think it is a thing only in Germany, and I also don't think the % of deniers is THAT different there.
                              As for the nazi threat, they're a threat all across Europe as well. They're literally the third biggest party in Spain right now, being #1 or #2 in some regions, there's also 2 far-right parties leading the polls in Italy (if I'm not wrong), they govern either Hungary or Austria or some other country (bad memory, sorry), they hold power in some places of Eastern Europe (which is ironic to say the least), and I could go on.

PS: apparently those leading some of the anti-pandemic protests here (BCN) have ties to the far-right as well.
                              Find me here:
                              https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                              https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• At some point, people will be fed up with vaccines and boosters and won't be having them anymore. For some people, 5th dose was opened in Turkey.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I read that the UK is going for another approach of 'living with the virus'. I can provide the source if anyone needs it.

Regarding the vaccination thing: At the beginning of the booster campaign, I read that 80% of all vaccinated people plan to get a 3rd shot in Germany. 39% (=54% of all vaccinated people) already are boostered and the demand remains high. Considering that it took a whole lot of effort, legal measurements and (unfortunately also) social pressure to get to the current 71% vaccination rate, I can't imagine that many people will go for a 4th, 5th or whatever shot. Some will, of course, but as a whole, the German society is too self-centered, too sceptic and probably many people also too lazy to get vaccinated voluntarily on a regular basis. Different story if it's legally mandatory, but then again, that's the killer argument for any kind of human behavior.

Comment

• Daily recorded Covid cases in UK pass 200,000 for first time, reaching 218,724

This includes a backlog from Wales and Northern Ireland, who did not report deaths over the New Year period.

Comment

• Almost +300k in France.
                                      Good news is, the death rise is only minimal.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                        Almost +300k in France.
                                        Good news is, the death rise is only minimal.
                                        That's the important message. As long as the health system is not overwhelmed, I'm pro quick contamination. The virus is not leaving anyway (and NoCovid won't work), so the best is really to build up a basic immunization throughout society, which goes by vaccination and infection.

Comment

• Got my booster today!
                                          Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Over 2,200 new infection in my tiny state as well... (the highest on record). Omicron is not playing.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• French president Macron wants to 'annoy unvaccinated people up to the bitter end' and 'limit their access to social life' as much as possible' (source).

Comment

French president Macron wants to 'annoy unvaccinated people up to the bitter end' and 'limit their access to social life' as much as possible' (source).
                                                King.

Comment

• They just said 'piss off' twice on the BBC News covering the Macron story - bet there will be plenty of complaints about that

Comment

• +335k new cases in France
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X