Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
    I wasn’t allowed to go and do regular things until I was double vaxxed, why is some snot nosed tennis player above our laws?
    Oh.. So you got vaccinated just because you were forced to by your government and not because you wanted to protect yourself from Covid?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      I went to the city today (shopping center) and nobody there in the shops cared about my vaxx status. It was hilarious. My mother - in one of the stores - literally asked while entering if the employee there needs to see her app and she said, no.

      ... and that is why we always lose (as a nation).
      You don't need to show vax status anywhere in the US. That's not been a thing. Is it mandated in Germany?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

        You don't need to show vax status anywhere in the US. That's not been a thing. Is it mandated in Germany?
        Aren’t New York policing it somewhat? My colleague was there in December and said something about having to show proof of vaccination when entering restaurants and I recently saw a video of cops ejecting unvaccinated people from a New York restaurant. Unless that’s for tourists or something?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

          You don't need to show vax status anywhere in the US. That's not been a thing. Is it mandated in Germany?
          In the Netherlands it was mandated if you wanted to eat at a restaurant or go for a drink somewhere. (They are closed now.)
          Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

            In the Netherlands it was mandated if you wanted to eat at a restaurant or go for a drink somewhere. (They are closed now.)
            same in berlin, i had to show vaccination status pretty much everywhere for food and drink
            what's going on?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Thriller View Post

              Aren’t New York policing it somewhat? My colleague was there in December and said something about having to show proof of vaccination when entering restaurants and I recently saw a video of cops ejecting unvaccinated people from a New York restaurant. Unless that’s for tourists or something?
              Oh I do remember something about NYC now that you mention it. I could see Hawaii enforcing it too. I don't think it's the vast majority of the country that is doing it though, unless I'm really out of the loop.

              Comment


              • You need to show your passport for every (!) type of public infrastructure apart from drug stores, supermarkets, gas stations and pharmacies ('basic care'). For minors, a test works as well, children below the age of 6 need nothing at all.

                For some time, supermarkets even had the voluntary option to only let people with a passport in, but almost (?) every supermarket decided against that.

                Comment


                • The national new rules ('suggestions' is the better term here, I guess.) just got announced, and the first federal states already announced that they'll not follow the rules. It'll never get boring here, I guess .

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                    What made you think that you could end up in hospital when you took the three vaccinations? After all, they are supposed to protect vulnerable groups like the one you seem to be part of.
                    I had a lot of the Omicron symptoms - headaches, earache, fever, muscle and joint pains, lethargy, a cough, and my breathing became heavier. I was instructed to speak to 111, which is our non-emergency version of 999. I was triaged initially, then assessed by a paramedic, who in turn decided I needed to speak to a doctor. That’s why I wondered if I was on a downwards trajectory to hospital.

                    I think people misunderstand the vaccines. They’re not some invisible bubble that suddenly shields and protects people - they just provide the immune system with the “resources” to better deal with the virus / disease. It’s not a guarantee that you will no longer get sick. I’m not going to go into too much detail here, but as I mentioned above, I am “high risk” so that also changes things. I’ve also only ever had AstraZeneca (even for my booster) due to allergies. That significantly reduces the protection compared to a Pfizer / Moderna booster.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      The national new rules ('suggestions' is the better term here, I guess.) just got announced, and the first federal states already announced that they'll not follow the rules. It'll never get boring here, I guess .
                      They are all stupid and corrupt, I fear.
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Those are Omicron symptoms? Sounds closer to Delta to me. I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard, Omicron is said to be much milder and leads to slightly different symptoms, e.g. lack of sense of taste.
                        I guess there was a problematic communication (by media/politicians) going on regarding the vaccination campaign leading people to believe that being vaccinated means that they can't get infected at all. Actually, by the time the vaccinations were available to the market, each of them got introduced by saying 'It reduces the risk of an infection by x% and the risk of a heavy case by y%.' with both x and y always having been high but not 100%, indicating that they don't immunize in a sterile way. Still everyone acted all shocked when the first few cases of vaccinated people getting infected got announced.
                        As I wrote before, vaccinations are supposed to be the tool to safely handle a contamination, which, after scientists found out that Covid 19 won't go extinct, is the only possible strategy besides NoCovid. I didn't know that AZ officially got the permission to get used as booster. In my country, AZ is no longer used at all.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                          Those are Omicron symptoms? Sounds closer to Delta to me. I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard, Omicron is said to be much milder and leads to slightly different symptoms, e.g. lack of sense of taste.
                          Well, I’m only providing an “overview” of some of my symptoms here. The doctor I spoke to told me that certain symptoms I was reporting such as earache were highly indicative of the omicron variant. She said that from her experience “out in the field” treating patients, the symptoms people were experiencing were not always the same as those typically reported in the media.


                          Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                          I didn't know that AZ officially got the permission to get used as booster. In my country, AZ is no longer used at all.
                          I don’t know the exact terms of the licence that it has, but it is only available as a booster in the U.K. in exceptional circumstances for patients who cannot safely have an alternative (like me). You can’t ask to have it as a choice - it’s only offered when it is deemed necessary for someone by the medical professional overseeing the vaccine clinic.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                            I went to the city today (shopping center) and nobody there in the shops cared about my vaxx status. It was hilarious. My mother - in one of the stores - literally asked while entering if the employee there needs to see her app and she said, no.

                            ... and that is why we always lose (as a nation).
                            We are the opposite, we are constantly asked for our certificates, generally everyone is fine with it cause it fuc*ks over the anti vaxxers who aren’t allowed into restaurants etc.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              Those are Omicron symptoms? Sounds closer to Delta to me. I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard, Omicron is said to be much milder and leads to slightly different symptoms, e.g. lack of sense of taste.
                              That's not what I've read. Lack of taste is what most people noticed having Delta.
                              With Omicron I hear it's more about headache.
                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AceReject View Post
                                I don’t know the exact terms of the licence that it has, but it is only available as a booster in the U.K. in exceptional circumstances for patients who cannot safely have an alternative (like me). You can’t ask to have it as a choice - it’s only offered when it is deemed necessary for someone by the medical professional overseeing the vaccine clinic.
                                Sounds like an off label vaccination to me. In Germany, they happen as well (I've read about it in the context of children younger than eligible getting vaccinated.) with the doctor being liable unlike with officially approved vaccination.

                                @RayRay: To be honest, I feel like everything is considered a symtom of Covid these days, but the consensus of most scientists thus far is at least that Omicron is much milder than Delta, which again was considered much heavier than Alpha.

                                Comment


                                • There is a new variant discovered here in Cyprus
                                  jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

                                  Comment


                                  • There was a new variant found in France too, but it was judged insignificant how French of its.
                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                      There was a new variant found in France too, but it was judged insignificant how French of its.
                                      Yes but it was from Cameroon. Ours is native lol
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

                                      Comment


                                      • Well, viruses mutating is like fish breathing through gills - it is odd if they don't, not if they do ;) .

                                        Comment


                                        • I found out that Wikipedia has got a( Germa)n article on the '2G rule'. Trying to find out whether the article is available in other languages, it only showed an English one, and that one explicitely referred to the German situation. Is there actually something like 2G/3G/2G+ in other countries or how does it work there?

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                            Sounds like an off label vaccination to me. In Germany, they happen as well (I've read about it in the context of children younger than eligible getting vaccinated.) with the doctor being liable unlike with officially approved vaccination.
                                            Erm, no. Definitely not. I live near a mass testing / vaccination hub and they run an AstraZeneca booster clinic once a week.

                                            Originally posted by NHS website
                                            Which COVID-19 vaccine will I get?


                                            Most people will be offered a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine.

                                            This means your booster dose may be different from the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses.

                                            Some people may be offered a booster dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine if they cannot have the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.
                                            Source

                                            I do think you need to be a bit careful because some of your incorrect assumptions are just contributing to the general spread of misinformation.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                              That's not what I've read. Lack of taste is what most people noticed having Delta.
                                              With Omicron I hear it's more about headache.
                                              or in my case no symptoms at all.

                                              I am boosted since last month and today I had to go do a testing for travel purposes, only to receive a call two hours later from urgent care and tell me that I am positive lol.

                                              Now quarantining for 5 days



                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                I found out that Wikipedia has got a( Germa)n article on the '2G rule'. Trying to find out whether the article is available in other languages, it only showed an English one, and that one explicitely referred to the German situation. Is there actually something like 2G/3G/2G+ in other countries or how does it work there?
                                                3G is also used in the Netherlands: vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from corona. Before the lockdown this was used when you wanted to go to a restaurant/bar/concerts. The government was in talks about 2G, but then they decided to have a lockdown.
                                                Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                                                Comment


                                                • Oh god, I thought we’d gone down the whole ‘mobile data causes illness’ rabbit hole then
                                                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X