This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operating word being confirmed.
    Some governments are obviously hiding things.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
      The main problem about getting the virus is actually spreading it. How would you feel if you spread the virus onto other people which would end up dying?

I think the whole world should get shutdown for a few weeks. But economy so that's not gonna happen.

I'm traveling a lot this year, and I'm already thinking I maybe should cancel..
      You might be an exception, but don't kid yourself that the people canceling their trips are doing it out of fear of spreading the virus. They fear contracting it or being caught in a quarantine situation.

And "shutting down the world" is literally impossible for a gazillion reasons, not just because of economical damage.

At this point it is damn obvious that containment measures have failed. At least two weeks incubation time, sometimes even longer. Carriers who experience no symptoms at all. The domino effect is in full motion. Now, I'm not saying anyone should travel to areas with lots of confirmed cases, but literally anyone of us could have already been in contact with an infected person.
      So everybody should stop panicking and buying into ridiculous conspiracy theories and instead do what you should have been doing for the last couple of weeks anyway: Up your hygiene standards, especially when in close contact with babies, elderlies and sick people, avoid unneccesary exposure to unsanitary situations and carry on.

Comment

PERIOD! Singapore ain't playing with y'all.

That's why Singapore is winning the battle. Just last week (or two weeks ago?), they had the second highest number of cases, today they're already down to #7 and also with the highest number of discharged outside China. Flights from two cities of South Korea are going to be banned as of today as well!

I'm heading to Singapore next week and I have to say I feel really safe now. Fingers crossed it's gonna get even better in the next couple of days.
        Last edited by aang; Thu February 27, 2020, 03:53.

Comment

Last edited by aang; Thu February 27, 2020, 03:58.

Comment

I'm really starting to worry about this thing now. More so about the economic impact.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
              First case in Switzerland.
              Two days later and there are already 6 or 7 cases here; and from every corner of the country. Some people I know are already starting to freak out. Damn...

Comment

Jumped from 10 to 38 cases in France.
                They still dont know how the teacher who died yesterday got it in the first place.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Two days later and there are already 6 or 7 cases here; and from every corner of the country. Some people I know are already starting to freak out. Damn...
                  I'm not worried for myself, for most people that catch it it will just result in a regular flu. I do however worry for those that are vulnerable to it and since I wouldn't want to carry it to infect others I do have some concerns.

Comment

Someone in California has it now!

Comment

At this point it’s actually kinda scary.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I'm not worried for myself, for most people that catch it it will just result in a regular flu. I do however worry for those that are vulnerable to it and since I wouldn't want to carry it to infect others I do have some concerns.
                        Same. But the most I'm actually worried about its economic impact, just like dylonj. This could make a serious impact if it continues to grow like this.

Though it's really starting to get low-key weird to see something like this happening literally everywhere on the world at the moment. I don't know if something like this ever happened in the last 20 to 30 years - especially with how fast it's starting to appear in every country and then also starts to increase this fast.

Comment

It's confirmed to be in Northern Ireland now! My niece came back from a school trip to Italy and has to be Quarantined for 2 weeks. Its getting mad!
                          Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                          'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

Comment

Yeah. I usually drive for uber in my part time, but I haven’t done it in the last week and a half. I don’t think I’m gonna take the chance even though there hasn’t been a report led case in my city.

Life sucks! I have so much to deal with now I have to worry about this damn virus.

Comment

Yeah so I decided to cancel my trip to Singapore next week as well. Didn't plan to do so but I just saw the news yesterday that a 12-year old student in Singapore who's never been to China has been infected by the virus and they had to close the whole school for today. Not sure if I could get a full refund for the hotels & flights but fingers crossed.

Comment

One man infected here in NL as wel. Apparently he celebrated carnival, so it's deff gonna be spread here as well :-(

Comment

A woman who works in a day care center has been infected over here, her boyfriend has been tested positive as well now and the children she was working with are in quarantine for two weeks now.

They also already cancelled some big(ger) events in Switzerland.

It only gets worse.

And... it's so weird. I have a sore throat for a week now and have to cough every now and then. Usually I wouldn't care about that... but now?

Comment

Ok... this is just ugh. Our Federal Council just announced that all events with 1,000 or more people are not allowed anymore.

And I have tickets for a Halsey concert on Monday and Avril concert in two weeks. I hope they will still happen... otherwise I'm really annoyed. Especially the Halsey one, I've been waiting for her for forever.

Comment

• jio
                                        jio commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Coronavirus doesn't spread in between 999 people? Those people are so gonna damage the economy so much more than that virus could ever imagine to...

58 cases in Germany.

Comment

nvm old news

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          And... it's so weird. I have a sore throat for a week now and have to cough every now and then. Usually I wouldn't care about that... but now?
                                          Just take some vitamins/meds and be careful of where you're going. You're gonna be alright.

Comment

Apple is sensationalizing the s*** out of this

Comment

I am officially embarrassed for the disgusting way my (Cypriot) government is handling this.
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 25/1/2023: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post11074063

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                Just take some vitamins/meds and be careful of where you're going. You're gonna be alright.
                                                Thanks... to be honest, I‘m not that worried about me, but everyone already looks at you when you cough. Already saw some older people having masks etc.

Also, my two concerts got postponed. I know it‘s for the better, but it‘s still annoying. I mean, if people would wash their hands and are responsible, wouldn‘t that be already enough? I wash my hands with soap 5-10 times a day and always did it like that...

Comment

• My concert next Friday (Kelis) is taking place unless she changes her mind.

I am semi-worried about Corona. I just wonder when they come up with a vaccination for it. That would be indeed very helpful.

I am working at a university, so I‘m basically around people and students all the time.
                                                  It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                  X