X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

They are still trying to cling to relevance after the EU fallout
    I mean boasting about anything pandemic related when you have the highest death toll overall in European territories is a choice.
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post

But people from many countries have said that at one point or another, the restrictions and drama over the pandemic are still in place.
      Exactly. I feel people have been trotting out the "flu" comparison for almost two years at this stage !! I mean Spain recently mandated the wearing of masks again outdoors !

Comment

• I guess Turkey is the first country to get out of this pandemic mess.

- Free PCR testing will only be available to those shows symptoms, if you suspect you have covid, then you'll have to pay something like $150-200 to get tested and since it's very expensive no one will get tested
        - If you have covid, you only have to isolate 7 days and then you can get out freely without another test
        - And vaccinated people don't have to be in quarantine if they have contacted someone with covid.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Someone I know had volunteered to have a fourth jab as part of some research
          1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

• The pandemic will be over when people allow it to be over - it's a mental thing basically. I initially wanted to say 'the politicians' rather than the 'people', but then again, it's the people who vote for the politicians and they could vote for an 'anti Covid measurements' if they wanted to.
            The main question is: Which Covid damages will we as society accept in order to move on knowing that Covid won't leave and its impact will only get smaller by time? After all, we accept people dying from all kinds of things because the advantages of things such as cars and fast food outweigh their disadvantages.

As of now, many states tell their citizens how to protect themselves because they don't trust them enough to let them decide on their own; so an important question will also be when is the right time for citizens to take responsibility for themselves again after having had the state take over that job for almost 2 years.
            Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
            Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
            Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• my school is now overrun with Omicron... I have 6 kids in quarantine. Over 20 kids from my school have an active covid infection... the incidence at my school is there over 8,000.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                my school is now overrun with Omicron... I have 6 kids in quarantine. Over 20 kids from my school have an active covid infection... the incidence at my school is there over 8,000.
                Oh be careful and stay safe. Praying for you

Comment

• I find it amusing that people are acting as if we are somehow locked in a bunker. Unless I was to read the papers I woudnt even know covid was a thing.
                  I personally feel I have been living to a high degree of normality for a long long time now, aside from travelling which I have not done since this started but I will definitely resume travelling from March - April of this year. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Ibiza, Mallorca, Canary islands, prepare yallselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    I find it amusing that people are acting as if we are somehow locked in a bunker. Unless I was to read the papers I woudnt even know covid was a thing.
                    I personally feel I have been living to a high degree of normality for a long long time now, aside from travelling which I have not done since this started but I will definitely resume travelling from March - April of this year. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Ibiza, Mallorca, Canary islands, prepare yallselves.
                    Good luck with bookin those visas bby #ThankUBrexit
                    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      The pandemic will be over when people allow it to be over - it's a mental thing basically. I initially wanted to say 'the politicians' rather than the 'people', but then again, it's the people who vote for the politicians and they could vote for an 'anti Covid measurements' if they wanted to.
                      I think this is a bad take.

Some people are likely having experiences where the virus is far off from them, but others are not as fortunate - especially if you work in environments susceptible to virus spread like health care faciities and schools where you see your colleagues, children and patients sick.

I think it is a far from a mental thing, but even if it is, mental health is part of health. Perhaps you identified something that is not being considered in all of this given the physical issues and death that comes along with this pandemic. But the impact on mental health should not be underestimated either.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• You seem to have interpreted my post, in particular the term 'mental thing', a bit differently.
                        Everyone of us has got an attitude towards the whole topic 'Covid'. And once the majority of us accept the idea of dropping the mandatory measurements and not longer hearing about it through every possible medium out there, we as a society will move on. This requires having to answer the question how much damage we as society allow Covid to cause without bothering about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Good luck with bookin those visas bby #ThankUBrexit
                          I have a European passport so no visas needed baby
                          #thankyoudaddy

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think this is a bad take.

Some people are likely having experiences where the virus is far off from them, but others are not as fortunate - especially if you work in environments susceptible to virus spread like health care faciities and schools where you see your colleagues, children and patients sick.

I think it is a far from a mental thing, but even if it is, mental health is part of health. Perhaps you identified something that is not being considered in all of this given the physical issues and death that comes along with this pandemic. But the impact on mental health should not be underestimated either.
                            I completely agree with you. His post really fails to see the reality and complexity of the current situation

Comment

You seem to have interpreted my post, in particular the term 'mental thing', a bit differently.
                              Everyone of us has got an attitude towards the whole topic 'Covid'. And once the majority of us accept the idea of dropping the mandatory measurements and not longer hearing about it through every possible medium out there, we as a society will move on. This requires having to answer the question how much damage we as society allow Covid to cause without bothering about it.
                              But yet you are perched in this thread daily and closely follow all the developments. What is stopping you from moving on? Everyone can decide how invested or not they are in it and since the beginning you have been one of the most invested people here. So it seems contradictory that you are saying people should move on when you certainly have not remotely moved on yourself!!

Comment

I find it amusing that people are acting as if we are somehow locked in a bunker. Unless I was to read the papers I woudnt even know covid was a thing.
                                Turkey might be a bad choice if you like nightlife. Open air clubs will close at midnight according to new decree by government. Soon we'll be governed with Sharia law.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Wrong thread.
                                  Last edited by Rihab; Fri January 14, 2022, 16:33.

Comment

• German parliament:
                                    - Due to the 2G+ rule (Remember: For most workplaces, 3G applies to employees.), unvaccinated members of the parliament will have to sit in a seperate part of the hall.
                                    - Despite having had a negative test result, an unvaccinated politician was excluded from his work as part of a commission.
                                    source

Comment

German parliament:
                                      - Due to the 2G+ rule (Remember: For most workplaces, 3G applies to employees.), unvaccinated members of the parliament will have to sit in a seperate part of the hall.
                                      - Despite having had a negative test result, an unvaccinated politician was excluded from his work as part of a commission.
                                      source
                                      rightfully so.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Doesn't it promote further division of the society? And why do you think 2G+ in parliament is appropriate when it's 3G elsewhere? And the parliament is not a sensitive area such as the ICU, nursery home or something.

Comment

rightfully so.
                                          They should be removed from office entirely. A terrible example to the people really.

Comment

• Hairdressers, gyms and something else, i think leisure centres are going to be allowed reopen soon in The Netherlands but bars and restaurants must remain closed until the 25th .

Comment

They should be removed from office entirely. A terrible example to the people really.
                                              I agree.. they have brought shame to their offices and positions.
                                              My Chart

Comment

By being unvaccinated? You know that there is no mandatory vaccination yet, don't you?

Comment

Absolutely. Its worrying to think that those who are tasked with leading the country and making decisions are ones who have an antivax mantra.. i mean.

Comment

Absolutely. Its worrying to think that those who are tasked with leading the country and making decisions are ones who have an antivax mantra.. i mean.
                                                    it reminds me of the Little Britain scetch... of that obese woman who is teaching the weight loss class... (while behind the scenes she is eating cakes and chocolate and is shaming those who haven't reached their target weight loss).
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X