Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

    By being unvaccinated? You know that there is no mandatory vaccination yet, don't you?
    well, the people who are in the Bundestag are mostly 55+... (=older people) and when 1/3 or so is not vaccinated they put the entire government in danger, don't you think?). Even little kids get vaccinated now in order to protect themselves and the people around them... so why can't adults? I hold to them to even higher standards. They can still work, though.... however, their movement is restricted within that building... just like ... how it is for all of us (teachers, nurses et al).
    My Chart

    Comment


    • Good news for unvaccinated people in Turkey, they will not be required to show a PCR test before boarding domestic flights, going to matches, cinema, theatre. Basically Turkey says "screw you" to its citizens and people with covid will be everywhere.
      Cha Cha Instructor

      Comment


      • Well, PCR tests are pricey and take longer to be analyzed. German labs have already reached their capacity limits and the German incidence rate is lower than Turkey's.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          Good news for unvaccinated people in Turkey, they will not be required to show a PCR test before boarding domestic flights, going to matches, cinema, theatre. Basically Turkey says "screw you" to its citizens and people with covid will be everywhere.
          spring is around the corner and miss sunshine is going to eradicate miss rona in no time. she has no summer bops, I fear.
          My Chart

          Comment


          • @stevyy: Teachers go by the 3G rule, so it's a bad example. I doubt that a third is not vaccinated. Rather something like 15% - probably half of the AfD fraction, but there are also people against vaccination in other parties like in every part of life basically. Those unvaccinated people put themselves at risk, not others though because everyone has got the possibility to get vaccinated. The 'and prople around them' argument no longer applies because vaccinated people can also get Omicron, even boostered people.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

              spring is around the corner and miss sunshine is going to eradicate miss rona in no time. she has no summer bops, I fear.
              Yeah like ive been saying spring is gonna be mild, summer is gonna be normal, then we have to see how autumn and winter go again !!
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

              Comment


              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                @stevyy: Teachers go by the 3G rule, so it's a bad example. I doubt that a third is not vaccinated. Rather something like 15% - probably half of the AfD fraction, but there are also people against vaccination in other parties like in every part of life basically. Those unvaccinated people put themselves at risk, not others though because everyone has got the possibility to get vaccinated. The 'and prople around them' argument no longer applies because vaccinated people can also get Omicron, even boostered people.
                I'm a liberal snowflake... I'm always pro vaxx and pro sanity. <3
                My Chart

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                  Yeah like ive been saying spring is gonna be mild, summer is gonna be normal, then we have to see how autumn and winter go again !!
                  summer / autumn 2021 was normal just like before covid in my state. people who act like they are imprisoned at home probably live in another country, not a liberal democracy like 99% of UKMIX members.
                  My Chart

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                    summer / autumn 2021 was normal just like before covid in my state. people who act like they are imprisoned at home probably live in another country, not a liberal democracy like 99% of UKMIX members.
                    summer autumn 2021 was normal everywhere lol. Anyone claiming it wasnt are just lying. Pure and simple.
                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

                    Comment




                    • One thing for sure, the US always does everything bigger.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                        spring is around the corner and miss sunshine is going to eradicate miss rona in no time. she has no summer bops, I fear.
                        Only 2 months until spring.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post


                          One thing for sure, the US always does everything bigger.
                          The US is just as big as Europe (but has half the popultion)... but if we take the top 5 EU markets, it's about the same, I guess.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

                            Only 2 months until spring.
                            I seriously cannot wait. I hate winter. hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                              I seriously cannot wait. I hate winter. hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it.
                              Same here. I also feel sorry for millions of stray cats & dogs who have to endure the winter.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                I'm a liberal snowflake... I'm always pro vaxx and pro sanity. <3
                                You do you. I'm basically totally fine with most politicial views as long as people don't force their views on me. As I wrote before: My co-workers have different attitudes towards this topic and we still get along with each other.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  @stevyy: The 'and prople around them' argument no longer applies because vaccinated people can also get Omicron, even boostered people.
                                  stevyy doesn't know that vaccinated people spread Covid-19. He seems uneducated on the subject.

                                  Comment


                                  • The RKI, the German istitute for public health, says that the risk to spread the virus is significantly smaller when it comes to vaccinated people, but it is still possible.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

                                      stevyy doesn't know that vaccinated people spread Covid-19. He seems uneducated on the subject.
                                      reported
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                        spring is around the corner and miss sunshine is going to eradicate miss rona in no time. she has no summer bops, I fear.
                                        Its hot girl summer here in Australia and Rhona is still running rampant! Hopefully Omicron will just have burnt out and there’ll be no more variants!
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                                          there’ll be no more variants!
                                          That's not how virology works.

                                          Comment


                                          • That unvaccinated tennis player has been sent home from Australia , has to pay all the legal fees and is banned from the country for three years.

                                            See when you do Clownery

                                            Justice won this time
                                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                            Comment


                                            • Retail complains about 2G checking duties

                                              While most customers behave in a nice way, there are a few ones acting very aggressive, assaulting the employees, vandalizing or even physically harming people. In one company which requires to remain anonymous, there have been 227 incidences since the introduction of the 2G rule throughout all of its branches.
                                              The Handelsverband Deutschland (German organisation for the entire retail business) complains that shops have to do all the entry checks when it's the state's job, demands more transparency (public transport = 3G, retail = 2G, purpose?) and is in support of a general mandatory vaccination.

                                              -----

                                              My opinion on this: I fully understand that some people don't like those new rules, and I'm not a fan of them either. I don't work in retail, but have to do those entry checks myself and they are tiresome. The thing is: The employees didn't choose those rules; it's a state's decision. Therefore, it makes no sense to go against the employees who have no impact on those rules. It's not an option to skip those businesses either because the people working there depend on the revenue, and again: Those businesses did not come up with those rules!
                                              I'm always pro demonstration, but also lawsuits or elections - those are the instruments we have in a democracy.

                                              Comment


                                              • I stan for Australia. Unvaccinated people can roam freely in their own countries, they don't need to travel.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                                Comment


                                                • I’m all for vaccinations, but excluding non-vaccinated people is a whole other topic. I find some measures very extreme. As for the Djokovic case, I don’t know all the details. I suppose something was not right, but still there need to be feasible opportunities for unvaccinated to participate in public life. The anti non vaccinated discours is getting too harsh and it’s severely gonna hurt our democracies. Especially in countries where the health care sector is not under pressure, and also when new possibilities to fight the virus are being released. I don’t get why people don’t get vaccinated, but I do understand that some people just don’t get it out of political principles, and how easily some rights have been stripped down. The situation is very different now in comparison with a year ago.
                                                  Eudaimonia
                                                  Last.fm
                                                  Instagram

                                                  Comment


                                                  • There are different reasons why people don't want to get vaccinated:
                                                    - religious reasons
                                                    - rejection of modern medicine
                                                    - political reasons
                                                    - fear of health consequences
                                                    - general scepticism towards 'new things'
                                                    - conspiracy theories

                                                    Two examples in the German context:
                                                    East Germany once had a de-facto dictatorship where oppositional views could get you in prison and the state security coule observe what you were doing in your private life. That's why 30 years after the end of the GDR, East Germans are still very sceptic about state interventions.
                                                    About 60 years ago, there was a medicine catered to pregnant women. Many women who consumed it ended up giving birth to disabled children. The medicine got forbidden, but especially older generations still remember what happened back then.
                                                    Last edited by theMathematician; Sun January 16, 2022, 14:22.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X