This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

their is no logical motive behind not getting vaccinated, unless you believe your Facebook news feed.
    Which motive would actually convince you? Not in a way of saying 'OK, then I'll change my mind. Getting vaccinated was a bad idea.' but rather 'OK, that's an argument I can live with, even though I personally have a different view on that one.'.
    Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
    Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
    Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Which motive would actually convince you? Not in a way of saying 'OK, then I'll change my mind. Getting vaccinated was a bad idea.' but rather 'OK, that's an argument I can live with, even though I personally have a different view on that one.'.
      it's what doctors and scientists said from the very beginning... if you're like terminally ill or sth.

But I only have to look at people who have this anti-vaccination mantra and know that they are deluded and probable Q-Anon "victims".
      My Chart

Comment

That's not how virology works.
        I’m well aware how virology works, I’ve a medical degree. I mean none of concern or ones less infectious etc than Omicron
        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Just got a message from a parent that her child is tested positive. Hope it will be the only one as we have to stay home when there are three.

Five classes at my school have to stay home as from tomorrow. And we have just opened last week.
          Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• A lot of people have unfounded opinions on vaccines stemming from distrust of government etc.

Unfortunately I think many people have been misinformed or influenced by ignorant opinions and lack the resources or social influence to
            challenge these ideas - at least that’s the case in Australia

The biggest irony is a lot of the loudest anti-vaccers have zero medical/science background and probably didn’t even do science in high school. It is beyond dumb.

I totally agree with the comment that some of these anti-vaxxers are willing to take any medical treatments when they actually become unwell!
            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• RayRay : The WHO predicts that half of Europe will get infected with Omicron by March. I can only assume that your school policies will get looser because I can't imagine children having to stay at home that easily as many parents have to work and if the children are at home, they would have to organize someone to look after them.
              And this although most children get infected asymptomatically.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

I'll spare myself from trying to explain such a simple thing...
                after all, just the other day you were comparing kids who die of covid with kids who die of drowning so... nevermind.
                My question still stands and there's not an answer for it. Regardless of "asking them".
                Simply because, like everything these people do, it's an irrational response against something they "judge"(?) to be important ,period.
                Absolutely ! It is completely illogical to shun science and medicine when it can protect you and to then run to science and medicine to save you when you get seriously ill from the thing that it was trying to protect you from. Theres literally no logical way of ever explaining that
                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

1. religious reasons: no religion is against vaccination... those who are, are not religions, but cults.

2. rejection of modern medicine is a choice and does have societal consequences... for example children cannot attend schools and kindergartens if they are not vaccinated against measles.

3. there are no political reasons for anyone to be anti-vaxx... unless you try to undermine the government (which I think is stupid in this case).

4. It's the only vaguely kind-a semi... understandable cause... however, the vaccines are safe (as scientifically proven) and if people are against science... then I have no words.

5. scepticism... is no reason at all, unless your main source for news in Facebook.

6. Conspiracy theories... lie underneath the positions 1-5, therefore... catch 22.
                  Oh wow, this might be your best ever post on UK MIX

Comment

I never did ;) .

I don't like the human image you illustrate here. In fact, it's essentially discrimination because you put 'these people' in one box and simply assume that their response is 'irrational' without even giving them a chance to explain their motives, which basically leads the question you asked before ad absurdum as you already pressume to know it or in actual fact not even care about it.
                    1- yes,you did ;
                    2- you revolve about the same topic(s) everyday day and multiple times a day ,saying,essentially, the same thing endlessly.
                    3- I dont need to hear someone's non-sense on why they "think"(?) taking a simple vaccine is by any means wrong, 2 years into a pandemic that have killed milllions and millions of people around the globe ;
                    3- never thought I'd say this ,but yes, you're right. I discriminate these people. In fact ,i do more than that, I despise them. And I say it in a proud way.
                    4- I'll leave it here cause, like I said in the beginning,you love to repeat the same old and already discussed things over and over again endlessly so, that's it.

Comment

• Some people here are so harsh against the non-vaccinated. I get part of it. I am vaccinated and got my booster. But I also have friends who are not vaccinated. Do the people here who "despise" the non-vaxxers, have no friends/family that are non-vaxxers?
                      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• I also discriminate unvaccinated people. I consider them as stupid and ignorant and remove them from my life cause i don't wanna be in contact with those people. And yes, they should use unorthodox methods when they get ill, if you don't believe in science or reject it, you should find the solution somewhere else, not in hospitals.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                          Some people here are so harsh against the non-vaccinated.
                          It is actually quite scary (and sad) to read this. It's as if those people found a scapegoat to put the blame on.

It reminds me of this great old movie which I watched in high school:

Comment

Some people here are so harsh against the non-vaccinated. I get part of it. I am vaccinated and got my booster. But I also have friends who are not vaccinated. Do the people here who "despise" the non-vaxxers, have no friends/family that are non-vaxxers?
                            All of my family (including parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins and partners) and friends are either double vaxxed + boostered or double vaxxed + recovered. I know some people who still refuse to get vaccinated, but they already weren‘t the kind of people I wanted to be seen with pre-pandemic (far-right, racist, sexist, homophobic), so not much of a loss tbh.

Comment

Some people here are so harsh against the non-vaccinated. I get part of it. I am vaccinated and got my booster. But I also have friends who are not vaccinated. Do the people here who "despise" the non-vaxxers, have no friends/family that are non-vaxxers?
                              Since i was the one who wrote that,I'll respond.
                              First,no. I don't have friends nor family who stand against vaccines but i do have friends and family who work in hospitals and are terribly tired both mentally and physically due to this horrific desease.
                              Most of these people who now deny vaccines are those who back when there was none,were also denying the efficacy of masks,social distancing and so on. Some of them even denied Covid itself.
                              Now, 2 years after all the hell everyone went through ,these friends and relatives of mine are having to rush back to a work schedule that drive them to the limits of sanity simply because someone "thinks" they know better than science and decided that no,they wont take vaccines.
                              Mind you,once they're on ICU between life and death, most of them regret not having had their doses back when they could. I've listened to plenty of stories told by these friends/family of mine. Plenty!
                              To sum things up, Am i saying that had everyone be vaccinated, the world would now be covid-free ? Absolutely not. Thats not my point.
                              But we certainly wouldnt have so many hospitalizations once again.
                              So ,yes,I am harsh on them and I don't regret a tiny lil bit of it.
                              I live in Brazil btw and,unlike you guys from Europe, the third wave has just begun around here so,the worst is yet to come...

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                I live in Brazil btw and,unlike you guys from Europe, the third wave has just begun around here so,the worst is yet to come...
                                We are in actually wave 4 ^^ . I recently read that Spain is in wave 6 .

It's not supposed to be representative, but while I agree that there are patients at the ICU regretting their choices, there are also ones that, even in this pitty situation, claim to be happy about their decision to remain unvaccinated. I've read reports in both directions.

Comment

• Since i lost my dad because we couldn't find a bed in ICU, i have every right to be harsh towards them, i hate those people. I don't know what would've happened if we found a bed, maybe he still wouldn't have survived but at least he would've gotten a chance. So yes, people who chose not to be vaccinated can die and rot in hell for all i care.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Precisely. Being anti-vaxx comes with a lot of negative traits like selfishness, stupidity, lack of empathy, ignorance etc like 2 certain posters in this thread demonstrate on the daily. Why would someone want these kind of harmful & toxic people in your life?
                                    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Non-vaccinated people do not equate disbelieve in science, or have an anti-social stance. There are a lot of different reasons why someone does not get a vaccine, it’s not a homogeneous group. I can emphasize with some reasons. People who approach this group as a one-for-all actually use the same mechanisms as extreme political parties, their own beliefs are the only right ones and should therefore be enforced. Public life is not a privilege unless you put others in danger, this was completely true in the beginning of the pandemic but now this field has shifted. It’s more complex now as the vaccines and the upcoming medicines can prevent health sectors of collapsing. We should be happy because of that even though it makes the public discussion more complex.
                                      Eudaimonia
                                      Last.fm
                                      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                        Non-vaccinated people do not equate disbelieve in science, or have an anti-social stance. There are a lot of different reasons why someone does not get a vaccine, it’s not a homogeneous group. I can emphasize with some reasons. People who approach this group as a one-for-all actually use the same mechanisms as extreme political parties, their own beliefs are the only right ones and should therefore be enforced. Public life is not a privilege unless you put others in danger, this was completely true in the beginning of the pandemic but now this field has shifted. It’s more complex now as the vaccines and the upcoming medicines can prevent health sectors of collapsing. We should be happy because of that even though it makes the public discussion more complex.
                                        This is so true. Most of the people I know who didn't want vaccines are not antivaxx, most are scared of a newly developed product or something. Even if it's hypocritical, which it is, it'd still not productive to shame them.
                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• @spiritboy: I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. Do you feel the same for other patients ending at the ICU due to their personal decisions (e.g. eating disorders, suicide attempts, risky driving behavior, addictions,...)?

Comment

• Thriller
                                            Thriller commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Insensitive, please be mindful of probing into posters' personal loss. Also, eating disorders, addictions and suicide attempts are not as black and white as "personal decisions", these are often complex situations linked to mental illness.

@spiritboy: I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. Do you feel the same for other patients ending at the ICU due to their personal decisions (e.g. eating disorders, suicide attempts, risky driving behavior, addictions,...)?
                                          Yikes.

Comment

• I lost someone in the family due to their personal decision, so I think it's legitimate to ask this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                              Non-vaccinated people do not equate disbelieve in science, or have an anti-social stance. There are a lot of different reasons why someone does not get a vaccine, it’s not a homogeneous group. I can emphasize with some reasons. People who approach this group as a one-for-all actually use the same mechanisms as extreme political parties, their own beliefs are the only right ones and should therefore be enforced. Public life is not a privilege unless you put others in danger, this was completely true in the beginning of the pandemic but now this field has shifted. It’s more complex now as the vaccines and the upcoming medicines can prevent health sectors of collapsing. We should be happy because of that even though it makes the public discussion more complex.
                                              Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

This is so true. Most of the people I know who didn't want vaccines are not antivaxx, most are scared of a newly developed product or something. Even if it's hypocritical, which it is, it'd still not productive to shame them.
                                              Ofc it's not everyone but MOST anti-vaxxers do it out of ignorance and selfishness.

Also let's not ignore the elephant in the room that by being anti-vaxx they are not only endangering themselves but also everyone in their environment.
                                              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Are you just going to ignore the fact that millions of these people have been out on the streets protesting for over a year now?. The people you refer to are those who have been brainwashed into fear by the crew who have been preaching conspiracy theories and BS to them for two years.

Comment

• Today, I did a certified test at my college - I tested negative. 80 minutes later, I wanted to eat at the college canteen 50 meters (!) further and they didn't accept the test result because it's a different test format, which meant that I had to eat outside. Considering the weird rules in this banana republic, I'm surprised that there aren't even more people demonstrating out there.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X