Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A group of teenagers is walking through downtown Munich/Germany shouting 'We are boostered'. Emmm... Good for you, but why do you have to let everyone and their mother know? It's not even a political demand.
    Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
    Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
    Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!
      CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
      FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        A group of teenagers is walking through downtown Munich/Germany shouting 'We are boostered'. Emmm... Good for you, but why do you have to let everyone and their mother know? It's not even a political demand.
        İ always ask my friends whether they are vaccinated or not. If they aren't, i don't meet them, we do Facetime or online talking. This way we all respect each other, i respect that they chose not to be vaccinated and they respect my decision that i don't want unvaccinated people anywhere near me.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• It is extreme, but there have been worse cases of people completely cutting off contact with unvaccinated pople. I cherish that you've become a bit more accepting of people with different views in a 'live and let live' way .

Comment

• Wow nothing screams more "pro freedom of speech" and "live and let live" than being annoyed at a group of teenagers for openly saying stuff you don't want to hear

Can yall just threadban that clown already pls?
            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
            98 - OUT

Comment

• German users: Is it to true that ADAC has got damages from arranged mass vaccination as excluding reason to pay the insurance premium, or is it (just another) Twitter hoax?

Comment

• My sister's family all ended up getting COVID at different times over the last month and a half. We don't know for sure about her husband, but he likely had it too. He refused to get tested with the rapid test because of the nasal swab, which his sister had convinced him had toxins in it

Luckily, they all recovered within a few days. That will probably bolster their anti-vax position even more though. "See, I handled it naturally, just like we're intended to do."

I guess this means they have some immunity now, so I can feel more comfortable being around them, right?

Comment

• German virologist Klaus Stöhr is suggesting to move away from looking at the incidence rate and instead focus further on the hospitality rate due to the virus leading to overally much milder cases.
                  He is also criticizing the RKI's decision to reduce the recovered status from 6 to 3 months.
                  (source)

It's interesting that virologists suggest this for months and we even had this pre-Omicron, but then, the German politcians panicked once again and introduced new measurements based on the incidence rate rather than the hospitality rate.

cheapthrills : Yes, being recovered is considered on par with being vaccinated in my country.
                  Last edited by theMathematician; Thu January 20, 2022, 12:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                    I guess this means they have some immunity now, so I can feel more comfortable being around them, right?
                    Yes, especially if you are fully vaxxed, I wouldn't see a reason to be particularly cautious. At least until the next cold season...
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

My sister's family all ended up getting COVID at different times over the last month and a half. We don't know for sure about her husband, but he likely had it too. He refused to get tested with the rapid test because of the nasal swab, which his sister had convinced him had toxins in it

Luckily, they all recovered within a few days. That will probably bolster their anti-vax position even more though. "See, I handled it naturally, just like we're intended to do."

How does someone think a cotton swab have toxins in it? You have far more patience than I do!

Comment

• So my partner just saw a friend who works at the hospital who told a story of a colleage, a doctor, who went to a shopping mall and saw a patient that was tested positive in the morning. So she went to the info desk and they called the person out without name - 15 minutes later, 18 people were standing there that were all positive yet shopping and they thought they were called out.

And then some people want to trust into people‘s judgement…

Comment

• So you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone... That's usually the start of not really credible stories, to be honest.

Comment

My sister's family all ended up getting COVID at different times over the last month and a half. We don't know for sure about her husband, but he likely had it too. He refused to get tested with the rapid test because of the nasal swab, which his sister had convinced him had toxins in it

They should have immunity for six to 9 months.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                              So my partner just saw a friend who works at the hospital who told a story of a colleage, a doctor, who went to a shopping mall and saw a patient that was tested positive in the morning. So she went to the info desk and they called the person out without name - 15 minutes later, 18 people were standing there that were all positive yet shopping and they thought they were called out.

And then some people want to trust into people‘s judgement…
                              so many people are ignoring the fact that they are positive - that is why the cases are insane at the minute

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

so many people are ignoring the fact that they are positive - that is why the cases are insane at the minute
                                … yeah and I wonder what happens in such a case. Why would you do that when you‘re tested positive and know you could be the reason why someone else gets it and eventually suffers a lot through that?

This pandemic keeps being frustrating as it shows how some people are and I‘m still shocked by that…

Comment

So you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone... That's usually the start of not really credible stories, to be honest.
                                  Yet you have no issue taking the outlandish anecdotes of your coworkers family and friends of friends as gospel

What Tansike has said is very credible, because it is happening. There are a huge amount of people completely ignoring isolation rules now and carrying on as normal following positive tests.

Comment

• Apparently, the people you talk about have experienced a very mild to asymptomatic case as otherwise, they wouldn't feel well enough to leave the house. They probably argued like: 'I feel well, I can handle the risk of going outside.'.
                                    I mean, I know the rules, but the day we drop all the measurements, there will be infected people outside - that's how it'll be. I remember how I had a runny nose and still went to school because I didn't want to miss class back in the day. And a very mild case of Covid is comparable to just that.
                                    Heavy case - different story, obviously.

Comment

Apparently, the people you talk about have experienced a very mild to asymptomatic case as otherwise, they wouldn't feel well enough to leave the house. They probably argued like: 'I feel well, I can handle the risk of going outside.'.
                                      I mean, I know the rules, but the day we drop all the measurements, there will be infected people outside - that's how it'll be. I remember how I had a runny nose and still went to school because I didn't want to miss class back in the day. And a very mild case of Covid is comparable to just that.
                                      Talk about completely missing the point. Its irrelevant whether YOU or anyone else has a MILD case because you and they can still transmit covid to someone who then may suffer a heavy case. This post of yours really shows that you have a complete lack of basic and fundamental understanding of Covid. If they have Covid already what risk is it to them to go outside exactly. Your post makes no sense.

Comment

• NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting starting now!
                                        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Despite a record incidence rate of 706 and 140k new cases today, there are only 170 new death cases in Germany, proving the more infectious but much milder nature of the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post

NOMINEE for the 4th Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting starting now!
                                            I can’t
                                            1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Talk about completely missing the point. Its irrelevant whether YOU or anyone else has a MILD case because you and they can still transmit covid to someone who then may suffer a heavy case. This post of yours really shows that you have a complete lack of basic and fundamental understanding of Covid. If they have Covid already what risk is it to them to go outside exactly. Your post makes no sense.
                                              The lack of braincells and lack of empathy that user showcases is astronomical yet the mods continue to brush it off coz hey people arguing with him and being disgusted at his posts is better and more traffic than no discussions at all!

Also for the millionth time: the ignore function doesn't work coz you can see quoted posts and it makes the site slow and crash all the time.
                                              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Every time I come to this topic I have so much to say but I just let it be because I know it‘s worthless anyways and just consumes time and energy for nothing… so thanks to everyone who still keeps trying.

Comment

Apparently, the people you talk about have experienced a very mild to asymptomatic case as otherwise, they wouldn't feel well enough to leave the house. They probably argued like: 'I feel well, I can handle the risk of going outside.'.
                                                  I really hope people with covid come to your restaurant and infect you and your family with the virus. That way you might change your point of view about the virus.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• That's not a cool post, spiritboy . It's OK if you write something regarding me, but I don't see what my family's got to do with that.
                                                    I don't know your view on this whole situation, but I have personally accepted that I will get infected sooner or later (In fact, even before virologists like Drosten said that most people will get it in some way.), so the idea of it happening doesn't worry me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X