This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metalweb View Post
    Ajax footballer Abdelhak Nouri has just woken up from a two and a half year coma.

Good news, but he'll probably soon be wishing he was asleep again...
    OT, but it's crazy that they kept him alive for such a long time. Reminds me to have some testimony that says to pull off the machine's strings if I slept for more than 6 weeks. Even if you woke up again, you wouldn't be the same anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by LJC123 View Post

WHAT
      Some stupid Turkish news accounts reported that she was tested positive but i couldn't see any news on British media so i guess fake news (thankfully).
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Anyone else starting to feel mentally drained at this point? I mean, it's a stupid question cause I'm sure many will be. I'm finding it difficult to contain myself. Most days I'm okay and than I get this huge panic attack where I can't stop overthinking and being excessively pessimistic about the whole situation for another couple of days and this goes around in circles.
        I'm fine now but as soon as I get sucked in the news cycle it's a mess.

Comment

• They need to lock the Queen away for 6 months.

Comment

• I mainly wake up in a blank state and every day realizing I can't do anything beside going to work, and the struggle to get there, I also feel mentally drained and then when the work week ends, I can't do anything in the weekend beside groceries which is also a struggle. I don't get joy from anything tbh. The only thing that gets me through the day is music

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl4dFRDBWvE

Hong Kong's state media RTHK interviewed an official of the WHO (who once said he would rather be treated in China if he had the coronavirus):

Reporter: Will the WHO reconsider Taiwan's membership?

WHO: *silence*

Reporter: Hello?

WHO: I'm sorry, I can't hear your question, Yvonne.

Reporter: Okay, let me repeat the question.

WHO: No, that's okay. Let's move on to another one then.

Reporter: I'm actually in talking about Taiwan as well, on Taiwan's case.

WHO: *hung up*

Reporter: *called again*

Reporter: I just want to see if you can comment a bit on how Taiwan has done so far in terms of containing the virus.

WHO: Well, we've already talked about China, and you know, when you look across all the different areas of China, they've actually all done quite a good job. So with that, I'd like to thank you very much for inviting us to participate, and good luck as you go forward with the battle in Hong Kong.
              Originally posted by WhatTheHell
              Voice of the truth here!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                I mainly wake up in a blank state and every day realizing I can't do anything beside going to work, and the struggle to get there, I also feel mentally drained and then when the work week ends, I can't do anything in the weekend beside groceries which is also a struggle. I don't get joy from anything tbh. The only thing that gets me through the day is music
                Not even music. Music doesn’t bring the same joy. This is what depression feels like honestly. I have been experiencing this for quite a while now and this situation makes it worse. I would prefer to go back to being depressed without all of this. Before, I was able to make goals in order to have something to focus on and look forward to. Now it feels like everything is at a standstill. There are moments when I do feel hopeful and at peace but other times I feel panicked and helpless. So, yes, I do go through that cycle of emotions and it is quite draining.

I was planning on moving to a new city and start over in June. I have been in this city for 5 years and I feel stuck here (dead end job, no friends or family and I’m still dealing with my break up). I was looking forward to starting over and finally doing something for me. I wanted to open a bar/restaurant as well (I love to cook and bake).

i have been trying not to drink during this because I know how I can get with alcohol. I have even cut back on weed because of the munchies. I’m just trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel here but it seems like it is bad news every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post

Not even music. Music doesn’t bring the same joy. This is what depression feels like honestly. I have been experiencing this for quite a while now and this situation makes it worse. I would prefer to go back to being depressed without all of this. Before, I was able to make goals in order to have something to focus on and look forward to. Now it feels like everything is at a standstill. There are moments when I do feel hopeful and at peace but other times I feel panicked and helpless. So, yes, I do go through that cycle of emotions and it is quite draining.

I was planning on moving to a new city and start over in June. I have been in this city for 5 years and I feel stuck here (dead end job, no friends or family and I’m still dealing with my break up). I was looking forward to starting over and finally doing something for me. I wanted to open a bar/restaurant as well (I love to cook and bake).

i have been trying not to drink during this because I know how I can get with alcohol. I have even cut back on weed because of the munchies. I’m just trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel here but it seems like it is bad news every day.
                  I am sorry you feel that way, I hope there will be some kind of light soon. If it wasn't for me having to go to work, I probably would be in that place aswell, because I totally get what you are saying about having goals etc. It is very hard since there is no clear timeframe when things return to what is considered 'normal'. I know it's hard but try to keep some faith in one way or an other.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post

I feel every word you said.

Comment

• Our Prime Minister implied we could still be on lockdown by June.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• What is your country?
                        jio CHARTS NOW: 7/12//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post11029655

Comment

• ^ France.
                          It was not directly said, but he mentioned being able to test 30k daily in April, 60k daily in May and up to 100k daily in June.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Italy has now crossed the 10,000 death mark
                            Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                              ^ France.
                              It was not directly said, but he mentioned being able to test 30k daily in April, 60k daily in May and up to 100k daily in June.
                              I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even know you had a Prime Minister.

What's the point of having a Prime Minister and a President?

Comment

• Number reporting in Turkey is hilarious. They're worse than China and it's clear they were hiding the number of cases early on for many many days.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                What's the point of having a Prime Minister and a President?
                                Well, the same as having Prime Minister and the Queen.

It's a system that a lot of countries have.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl4dFRDBWvE

Hong Kong's state media RTHK interviewed an official of the WHO (who once said he would rather be treated in China if he had the coronavirus):

Reporter: Will the WHO reconsider Taiwan's membership?

WHO: *silence*

Reporter: Hello?

WHO: I'm sorry, I can't hear your question, Yvonne.

Reporter: Okay, let me repeat the question.

WHO: No, that's okay. Let's move on to another one then.

Reporter: I'm actually in talking about Taiwan as well, on Taiwan's case.

WHO: *hung up*

Reporter: *called again*

Reporter: I just want to see if you can comment a bit on how Taiwan has done so far in terms of containing the virus.

WHO: Well, we've already talked about China, and you know, when you look across all the different areas of China, they've actually all done quite a good job. So with that, I'd like to thank you very much for inviting us to participate, and good luck as you go forward with the battle in Hong Kong.
                                  Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the current WHO chairman basically pushed by the Chinese lobby?
                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                    Well, the same as having Prime Minister and the Queen.

It's a system that a lot of countries have.
                                    But a President is typically not a monarch (or equivalent - the Queen is apolitical), they are usually the most senior political figure in the country - do both the President and Prime Minister of France play political roles? I'm going to learn more.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                      Our Prime Minister implied we could still be on lockdown by June.
                                      If there's no vaccine, countries might have to go back to lockdown mode come September anyway.
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

But a President is typically not a monarch (or equivalent - the Queen is apolitical), they are usually the most senior political figure in the country - do both the President and Prime Minister of France play political roles? I'm going to learn more.
                                        Yes, both play political roles and depending on the country sometimes president has more power, sometime Prime Minister. But it's basically the same thing no matter which one is "more" powerful.

In Croatia the president has just one vital role because he gives his signature to the future Prime Minister when there's an election. In case there isn't a clear winner with the majority the person who comes with the highest number of signatures and convinces the president he has the power to form the government, gets the signature. And if that fails he puts the call for repeat elections. He's also the main leader of Army Forces, but that's kind of irrelevant in peaceful times. And he's also supposed to be the main diplomatic face of the country (has a say in choosing diplomats also). The rest is all up to the Prime Minister and his government. Oh yeah, also has a say when it comes to secret services.
                                        Last edited by beredy; Sat March 28, 2020, 20:42.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• For anyone feeling depression, just remember that we WILL come through the other side of this - it might get worse yet, it will probably last a longer time than we’d like but it will end.

This is such a unique scenario that we can’t even compare to war, because even in the war people could still go about their business for the most part (providing they weren’t being persecuted or at war) - it was a different type of fear. This is an even bigger restriction on our freedom and lifestyles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                                            Italy has now crossed the 10,000 death mark
                                            There was this rumor that in the end, 60-70% of all Germans will have had Corona. Assuming, Italy follows suit and ~ 1% of them die, that would be ~ 393k dead people. So I fear there is more to come...

Comment

• I am f**king screaming

Something to lighten up yalls moods
                                              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• You understand what she's actually saying ? I rather understand heavy Texan accent than her ...

Comment

• Music definitely helps, I’ve made a playlist of all my 100 favourite songs from every year and had that on in the van at work, with that and the nice weather we’ve had the last week it seems to help rather than listening to them talk about the virus on the radio all day.
                                                  1 SG Lewis |2 FLO |3 Vlossom |4 SG Lewis |5 Inna

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                    Anyone else starting to feel mentally drained at this point? I mean, it's a stupid question cause I'm sure many will be. I'm finding it difficult to contain myself. Most days I'm okay and than I get this huge panic attack where I can't stop overthinking and being excessively pessimistic about the whole situation for another couple of days and this goes around in circles.
                                                    I'm fine now but as soon as I get sucked in the news cycle it's a mess.
                                                    I am lucky. I am not the kind of person that gets depressed easily. My husband finds it a lot harder. So I can imagine what you are going through.

These days I listen to Liesbeth List. One of the greatest singers we ever had and who sadly died a few days ago. This one's for you:

My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                                    X