Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I was able to get toilet paper today in GER... which is like GOLD... sprinkled with Diamonds... bc it's been sold out for a month...

<3
    doesn't sound very comfy tbh ...unless you're into it

Comment

• This week I've seen stacks of bread in nearly every supermarket with reduced to clear labels on, supermarkets obviously overstocked this week fearing more of the same, but people had freezers of the stuff by now. Lunacy.
      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        FFF used to complain about extensive business travels and the responsible people couldn't care less. So maybe people will travel less in the future, which will be good for the environment in return. Not talking about the family having their yearly holiday trip, but rather the ones travelling per plane multiple times a month (!).
        The air is a lot better now. And it only took a few weeks. Mainly because there are not so many flights. Hopefully everyone will see what we ourselves can do and people will travel a lot less in the future. We can't any longer say: "It won't make a difference if I don't fly."
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          Omg managed to get flour and fusilli pasta from Tesco today
          Good for you. Pasta is no problem in Germany. It's toilet paper the Germans are hoarding in masses.
          Don't need hindsight
          I'll make my emotions clear
          And then disappear
          With one strike
          (All Saints)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            Omg managed to get flour and fusilli pasta from Tesco today
            The JOY when my mother brought me pasta the other week.
            Bless her.
            I'm set for a few weeks now lol.
            Just need to go out for fresh vegetables and fruits.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• There's no shortage of food or toilet paper here. Only the first week people shopped like mad, other than that everything is under control now. Only yeast is difficult to find though i've ordered lots of it online thankfully.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• There is a shortage of alcohol 96% here, but this week I am starting to see it again
                VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                  There is a shortage of alcohol 96% here, but this week I am starting to see it again
                  I hope you are diluting that... high concentrations of alcohol are terrible for the skin and not a good antiseptic anyway.
                  jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

I hope you are diluting that... high concentrations of alcohol are terrible for the skin and not a good antiseptic anyway.
                    there was information about people dying from alcohol intoxication whilst trying to combat the virus.
                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

there was information about people dying from alcohol intoxication whilst trying to combat the virus.
                      Especially in Iran, the irony of it though.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Yes, 70/30 and use it mainly for surfaces. For the hand: soap.

Comment

• I'm usually all for European integration, but even I'm not sure how to feel about Eurobonds.

Compared to other (West) Europeans, the average German is actually poor AF.
                          Italy's median wealth is like 2.5 times higher than Germany's, Spain's is 2.7 times higher and France's almost 3 times higher. Even Greece, despite years of crisis, somehow has a 14% higher median wealth than Germany. Share debt but not share wealth? Does not sound like a good deal to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                            Compared to other (West) Europeans, the average German is actually poor AF.
                            That's still probably wealthier than 95% of average people in the world tho.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              That's still probably wealthier than 95% of average people in the world tho.
                              Countries by median wealth per adult (in US dollars):

1. Switzerland (227,891)
                              5. Luxembourg (139,789) highest in the EU
                              11. France (101,942)
                              12. UK (97,452)
                              14. Spain (95,360)
                              16. Italy (91,889)
                              31. Greece (40,000)
                              33. Germany (35,313)
                              34. Netherlands (31,057) also against Eurobonds
                              60. Bulgaria (13,348) lowest in the EU
                              171. Haiti (214) lowest in the world

We're literally closer to the poorest in the world than to catching up with Italy.

Comment

We're literally closer to the poorest in the world than to catching up with Italy.
                                Yet I don't feel sad for ya. Y'all doing fine in the money department.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Countries by median wealth per adult (in US dollars):

1. Switzerland (227,891)
                                  5. Luxembourg (139,789) highest in the EU
                                  11. France (101,942)
                                  12. UK (97,452)
                                  14. Spain (95,360)
                                  16. Italy (91,889)
                                  31. Greece (40,000)
                                  33. Germany (35,313)
                                  34. Netherlands (31,057) also against Eurobonds
                                  60. Bulgaria (13,348) lowest in the EU
                                  171. Haiti (214) lowest in the world

That's not how you measure wealth man, give me a break... GDP per capita (Germany 53200/ Greece 22077) or GDP per capita PPP (Germany 54284, Greece 30522) is the way to measure. That median wealth thing is heavily skewed by home ownership, that's why it shows Germany so low. Indeed, in Greece the home ownership is very high but that doesn't mean necessarily that it contributes to the well-being of the person living in it, not when unemployment is at around 20%...

If Germans feel poor in comparison to Luxembourgians OK but if they feel poor in comparison to Spaniards, Italians and Greeks then they are seriously in need of a wake up call
                                  Last edited by jio; Thu April 9th, 2020, 18:44.

Comment

• So according to that median wealth thing Bulgaria is richer than Saudi Arabia.... hmmm ok

Comment

• BoJoh is out of intensive care.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• For a moment I thought you were referring to Bon Jovi lol

Comment

• Dominic Raab essentially confirming what we all knew - that the UK lockdown will continue as is...

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has urged the public to stay indoors over this Easter weekend, telling people: "Let's not ruin it now."

He said after almost three weeks of lockdown "we are starting to see the impact of the sacrifices we've all made".

Mr Raab said it was still "too early" to lift the restrictions.

A total of 7,978 people have now died in hospital after testing positive for coronavirus, up by 881 on Wednesday.

Speaking at the government's daily briefing, Mr Raab said a decision on whether to ease the lockdown measures would not come until "the end of next week".

He was deputising for the prime minister, who has been in hospital since Sunday after contracting coronavirus.

Mr Raab stressed that the lockdown restrictions would have to stay in place until evidence showed the UK had moved beyond the peak of the virus.

He said: "After all the efforts everybody has made, after all the sacrifices so many people have made let's not ruin it now.

"Let's not undo the gains we've made, let's not waste the sacrifices so many people have made.

"We mustn't give the coronavirus a second chance to kill more people and to hurt our country."

The first secretary of state was speaking ahead of a bank holiday weekend which has been forecast to be warm, and Downing Street earlier said it gave its "full backing" to police forces to enforce the lockdown rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52235492

Comment

• Macron will be talking to the nation on Monday, 8pm. Mostly to sum up the situation and announce that the lockdown is pushed back again.

I don't think we will go back to school until September to be honest.

Comment

For a moment I thought you were referring to Bon Jovi lol
                                              For a little while there was indeed a "Living on a prayer" case to be made in terms of #ClapForBoris trending online.
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Things seem to be getting better in Austria day after day lockdown restrictions are to be eased during the next 6 weeks or so, little by little we have a bit of freedom again. We are very sensitive and on the look out for second waves which will put us in lockdown again, but so far so good.

daddy Kurz is hard at work <3
                                                Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• I received an official letter today... schools in my federal will re-open on April 21st.

So, pray for me.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    I received an official letter today... schools in my federal will re-open on April 21st.

So, pray for me.
                                                    Aint that a little early? omg

Comment

• AndiIversen - it's in Colorado

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Aint that a little early? omg
                                                        IKR. That's just irresponsible and crazy to send. We are still at the peak of this pandemic.
                                                        Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• Stevyy's state is located at the northern border and sparsely populated, with few cases, no major urban centers and little international travel. Makes sense for them to go back to normal before anyone else.

Comment

• As we navigate through the peak of COVID-19 and things start to get a bit easier, it's quite worrying to think about how long and deep the recession will be.

In the last 3 weeks, apparently more than 16m Americans have lost their jobs - that's before the country officially enters recession.

France is oficially already in recession.

In the UK, an expert predicted that unemployment post COVID-19 will double in the short-term and potentially reach 20% if the recession is as bad as it could potentially be.

Worrying times ahead.

Comment

• Yep, the economy is going to be tough everywhere. Yesterday I read the chinese horoscope for the year. Metal Rat. Interesting read.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X