No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Downing street feed today reported that doctors do not always put Corona as the cause of death. However some might be putting Corona as the cause of death without any test being carried out. The UK death rate total, might be being affected by how the figures are compiled. The general trend is a flattening though.

Wouldn't it have been possible to use Caravan sites to isolate Care Home people from each other, while still having them in the same area for staff to attend too? Many caravans are better equipped than care homes anyway. It might have cost a bit more, but it seems to me that money is not so much a problem to those in charge.

The other thing that concerns me about the lockdown is democracy. I have noticed that the news reports have less interviews with people and MP's are clearly not being allowed to debate like they did. Having a few people in the House of Commons in a time of National crisis means that the government can get away with anything it wants.
    Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham76man View Post

Did so still doesn't make sense?
      Are you saying that news people are using the images of exosomes because they think they are COVID19? Or have selected images of exosomes thinking they are the virus. But don't really care about what they put out, because the general public are too stupid to know what is killing people in large numbers?

If either these are they case, then you must be really stupid yourself to think the BBC would put an image of something that they were NOT convinced was the virus itself.
      Also I doubt anyone at the BBC has coloured in any of these images for the purpose of making a news report or using them as background material.
      You can be certain, that the team at the BBC would have sourced the images from some agency or organisation and paid a fee for the use of them. The BBC prides itself on it's professionalism, especially in regards of news. And if I was to send your statement off to the BBC you would certainly be put in your place!
      What you say might apply to the USA TV NEWS, but never to the BBC.
      Yes, I am really stupid. Don't know how I made it through life all these years without anyone noticing - until you came along. Thanks for letting me know. Case closed.

Comment

• Lock this man asap omg.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Lock this man asap omg.
          You post something which you then don't qualify, I might add just like a journalist! Others don't want to discuss things in a sensible way. And then you call for a lock on someone you haven't even got the guts to name!
          Police state on views now is it on here? Or do people want the site want to be clique? Where only views of the majority are tolerated. And I am not talking about people who want to use this platform for views which use such things for hate purposes.

Police state if you go out. Journalist reporting people to government ministers about people sitting on a beach in Brighton! Doctors in the USA saying people who do not where face masks should not be treated. An autistic child in the shops not obeying rules gets the woman banned from the supermarket.

Is that what we have become?

Footnote when I first saw KEY 9481 comment all I saw was the words "Lock this man asp" There was no Twitter image. This might be because I was on Firefox and the thing was blocked for being an advert. Or it has been added since. I am editing this post under Chrome, so it might be the reason I can see it.
          I was watching something on BBC4 last night, which showed how Trump used facebook and other social media to target things. It's possible that even posting twitter feeds or any social media posts on forums actually increases actually makes these posts, which might have only 25 views, turn them into thousand of views.
          If the twitter post was there all the time. Then I apologize to the poster for thinking it was a call to ban a UKMIX member. But if you can imagine what the words would mean without the image!

PPS UKMIX sorry but the ad blocker stays on. As I do already contribute to your funding I do not see the need for me to watch adverts from bad companies anyway!
          Last edited by Graham76man; Fri April 24th, 2020, 14:42. Reason: Adding footnote about the image being absent.

Comment

• On a different note, do other countries (especially the USA) have something like the "clap day" we have in the UK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham76man View Post
              On a different note, do other countries (especially the USA) have something like the "clap day" we have in the UK?
              The day when every moron gathers on a bridge in crowds and claps together?
              1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Lock this man asap omg.
                that's what happens when a man so detached from any sort of reality becomes the most powerful person in the world. the fact that he managed to get away with so much during the last 3 years only empowered his ignorance.
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• I was right I can not see the twitter images in Firefox. See Capture below. Might be worth making a note, that some might not see what you are posting!

UKMIX Forums.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Oh dear, Trump is out of his mind...
                    jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

• You just know that some Trump fanatics will now end up injecting themselves with disinfectant, well, we can hope...
                      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                        You just know that some Trump fanatics will now end up injecting themselves with disinfectant, well, we can hope...
                        The sad part is that even if someone is dumb enough to do that and ends up dying from it, their fellow Trumptards will still defend the BS that man is spouting - or better yet, find a way to blame the Democrats / Hillary / Obama / the WHO. The amount of things this man gets away with is truly mind-boggling.

Comment

• He just claimed he was being sarcastic.
                          Haha....as if.
                          Your team just put you back in your place.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

He just claimed he was being sarcastic.
                            Haha....as if.
                            Your team just put you back in your place.
                            let's wait till there are reports of some of his cult members doing like he had suggested

Comment

Lock this man asap omg.
                              With every day that goes by, I'm more surprised that no one has tried to shoot him yet.

Comment

• ^+1
                                "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

With every day that goes by, I'm more surprised that no one has tried to shoot him yet.

Probably because most of the gun fanatics are his supporters.

Comment

• Good idea not to develop tooth ache if your in the UK. One man ended up pulling his own tooth out because very few of the emergency dental places have the high level of protective equipment which is needed to do dental work. The staff are there, but end up doing nothing!

Bleach by the way is used in dental operations. They put a very small amount in after drilling down to the root canal. It clears out the bad stuff that antibiotics can't reach.

If Trump does get the boot for that remark. Domestos will also be able to claim as well as "Kills All Known Germs Dead" - "Removes Presidents of the USA too".

Comment

• Why is Sweden having such a low death rate with no lockdown, in comparison to countries that have implemented one? It’s interesting because they’ve had social distancing in place too.

UK lockdown is never gonna end at this rate, the infection and death rates are barely falling.

Comment

Why is Sweden having such a low death rate with no lockdown, in comparison to countries that have implemented one? It’s interesting because they’ve had social distancing in place too.

UK lockdown is never gonna end at this rate, the infection and death rates are barely falling.
                                        I'm not sure what kind of numbers you are comparing here... because "death rate" would mean "deaths per infected" - which is not influenced by lockdown measures at all. If you mean total deaths, remember: Sweden has one of the lowest population densities in all of Europe... obviously spreading from person to person is much harder if there's not many people around to begin with.

Comment

• Even in lockdown you can go travelling:
                                          unnamed 1.jpg

Of course it could be just entertainment for some

unnamed.png

Comment

Why is Sweden having such a low death rate with no lockdown, in comparison to countries that have implemented one? It’s interesting because they’ve had social distancing in place too.

You have to remember that the lockdown was simply done to stop the NHS failing to treat patients it can treat.
                                            The phrase used by the government on "saving lives" wasn't to save lots of people. The more people flooding the hospitals the more patients would have died from treatable conditions or from less serious cases of the Corona virus. That was the lives they wanted to save. Despite the high death toll the NHS has coped with it. The lockdown can be lifted when more beds become available and the risk assessments are taken to see if the NHS can continue to cope with any new people getting sick. As long as the rates keeps falling the government will have to give up on the lockdown by June. As not only the economy will suffer, but the population will simply not be able to cope. We already have higher levels of domestic violence for example.

In the UK government tries to hang on to the lockdown, then both Wales and Scotland will end it anyway. It looks to me those regions are already looking at ways to end it. And are baiting the media with it. I think much to the annoyance of the Torry government, who are fudging on the issue on how to exit lockdown.

Comment

Actually Sweden has one of the highest death rates in the EU from this. It has the 10th highest death rate in the world and the 6th highest in the EU. If we compare it with EU countries with similar population we will see the following:
                                              -Austria 536 deaths
                                              -Belgium 6917 deaths
                                              -Bulgaria 55 deaths
                                              -Czech Rep. 218 deaths
                                              -Greece 130 deaths
                                              -Hungary 262 deaths
                                              -Portugal 880 deaths
                                              -Sweden 2192 deaths

Also keep in mind that Sweden's population density is much lower than all of the countries above with a capital smaller than all of the capitals of the countries above except Lisbon. If we compare Sweden with EU countries with similar population density we find that:
                                              -Estonia 46 deaths
                                              -Finland 186 deaths
                                              -Latvia 12 deaths
                                              -Lithuania 41 deaths
                                              -Sweden 2192 deaths

So it is not low at all
                                              Last edited by jio; Sun April 26th, 2020, 01:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Actually Sweden has one of the highest death rates in the EU from this. It has the 10th highest death rate in the world and the 6th highest in the EU. If we compare it with EU countries with similar population we will see the following:
                                                -Austria 536 deaths
                                                -Belgium 6917 deaths
                                                -Bulgaria 55 deaths
                                                -Czech Rep. 218 deaths
                                                -Greece 130 deaths
                                                -Hungary 262 deaths
                                                -Portugal 880 deaths
                                                -Sweden 2192 deaths

Also keep in mind that Sweden's population density is much lower than all of the countries above with a capital smaller than all of the capitals of the countries above except Lisbon. If we compare Sweden with EU countries with similar population density we find that:
                                                -Estonia 46 deaths
                                                -Finland 186 deaths
                                                -Latvia 12 deaths
                                                -Lithuania 41 deaths
                                                -Sweden 2192 deaths

So it is not low at all
                                                Apparently, a significant percentage of mortalities in Sweden comes from nursing care facilities for elderly people.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

-Austria 536 deaths
                                                  -Belgium 6917 deaths
                                                  -Bulgaria 55 deaths
                                                  -Czech Rep. 218 deaths
                                                  -Greece 130 deaths
                                                  -Hungary 262 deaths
                                                  -Portugal 880 deaths
                                                  -Sweden 2192 deaths

-Estonia 46 deaths
                                                  -Finland 186 deaths
                                                  -Latvia 12 deaths
                                                  -Lithuania 41 deaths
                                                  -Sweden 2192 deaths

So it is not low at all
                                                  I mean the point of the measures was never that people shouldn't get infected and possibly die at all but to control the spread rate so Hospitals don't crash.

As I see it Sweden is letting the virus "run wild" while not overwhelming their hospitals so they are gonna be done with the virus much earlier than everyone else while at the same time their economy won't suffer (at least from their own actions) and their citizens didn't lose their rights / jobs / mental health
                                                  COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• There are protests in Germany too + more and more experts and the political opposition are harshly criticising the measures.

The whole Corona situation is starting to show cracks as expected.
                                                    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Sorry for the confusion, I meant total deaths not death rate. Thanks for the responses.

Regarding Graham’s reply, yes Wales and Scotland are already looking at relaxing restrictions before England, however, Wales have recently banned travel to exercise after a spike in people driving to beauty spots in the country following the publication of the police’s lockdown guidance last weekend.

I don’t know much about how Nicola Sturgeon is regarded politically but I think she’s been really good at leading Scotland through this and treated the population like adults, whereas the Tories have treated the English population like children with behavioural problems who will take a mile when you give an inch - this might be the case for some people, but I feel like the majority are trying their best to adhere to the lockdown rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                        There are protests in Germany too + more and more experts and the political opposition are harshly criticising the measures.

Oh they should be protesting... As I said from the very beginning of this, this is totally unsustainable and counterproductive. I do get that the countries had to gain time to reduce admissions so their hospitals won't be overwhelmed, yet how many countries actually increased hospital capacities at this time? Very few. Most don't have even the resources for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                          There are protests in Germany too + more and more experts and the political opposition are harshly criticising the measures.

wish the greens would finally stop sucking up to the conservatives and be a real opposition again

protests are cute and all, but as long as it's just the usual jokes like Lindner and AFD speaking up, Mutti will just laugh it off and continue to treat us like kids who can't be trusted to make their own decisions

Comment

• Germany’s infection rate is reported to have risen slightly from 0.7 to 1.0 - doesn’t sound promising in terms of the effects of lifting lockdown but realistically the rate would always rise regardless of how long a lockdown lasts.

Comment

• I see British Airways want to lay off 12,000 staff!
                                                              And when the restrictions on air travel end set them all on again presumably!
                                                              Does anyone believe that BA are looking for a handout from the government to tied them through?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X