Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Simmer down babe. Stevvan asked a question and I simply answered.

No need to dramamtize and apocalyptofiy the situation anymore than the media and everyone else already does. At the end of the day it's still a harmless flu like virus for the absolute majority of people.

You're being so insensitive. A friend of mine in Brazil has just been on whatsapp crying uncontrollably because one of his best friends, who is 32, is in ICU fighting for his life. Time for you to stop this "harmless flu" narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

So how do you think healthcare systems should have handled the pandemic?
      Well, I am not a policy expert so that's not for me to decide. I can accept that at the time they were making the decisions they were making, it looked as the path taken was the proper one. However personally I don't believe that is the case anymore (and I could be totally wrong on this, but I have to write what I think)

I think there are lots of suspicious things going on in this from the relative silencing of opposing opinions, to weird statements by the WHO to the purposeful and admitted effort to terrorize the populations to the use of a developed medicine with no use so far as cure #1 (thus saving the company which created it enormous losses) to the alarmingly fast development of a vaccine and the unprecedented huge number of pre-orders to the ever conflicting advisory, the fuzzy way of counting deaths and the ever-increasing symptoms of this virus etc. I do accept that all that could be attributed to the confusion and uncertainty of the situation but still, they do make the whole case sound dubious.

I do think that we should go with what we know for sure about this. And I think the only certainty we have is that we are dealing with a potentially (definitely not certainly) devastating virus whose only acceptable way of dealing with is destroying our economies, fundamental rights and livelihoods affecting our health in a negative way as well in ways not fully explored but easily imagined. So it's a risk anyway you choose to go and a personal choice for each and every one of us to make. I know which way I'd go
      jio CHARTS NOW:13/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10430510

Comment

• The President of Burundi just died suspect of covid-19.
        https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020...-19-diplomats/

This was a guy who fiercely denied the virus, kicked the WHO out of the country, fiercely opposed lockdown and has done some pretty huge atrocities in power over the last 15 years in power. Including several crimes against humanities. His policies seemed to have aligned well with aRat's views... Are you still around, rodent?
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Crimes against humanities? was it literature or philosophy?

Comment

• Good that is the only thing you got from my post
            Didn't expect any different though

Obviously I meant crimes against humanity
            ​​https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voa...humanity%3famp

Comment

• ...which is completely irrelevant to the argument here. And it's interesting that you chose to put the words "atrocities" and "crimes against humanity" right before saying that arat's views are aligned with that of a dictator (as if there are no dictators supporting your views).

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                The President of Burundi just died suspect of covid-19.
                https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020...-19-diplomats/

This was a guy who fiercely denied the virus, kicked the WHO out of the country, fiercely opposed lockdown and has done some pretty huge atrocities in power over the last 15 years in power. Including several crimes against humanities. His policies seemed to have aligned well with aRat's views... Are you still around, rodent?
                I am very well and alive having fun going to parties and gatherings funded by the money I stole the people in my dictatorship. The perks of being young, healthy, hot, snatchedT and being born into power I guess.

The people who have been isolating themselves for months (which by the way also reduces their immunity and gives them stress, anxiety, depression and loneliness as side effects) over the irrational fear of catching a virus that most likely will give them nothing or slight flu symptoms can't relate
                Last edited by aRat; Tue June 16th, 2020, 17:29.
                COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

The people who have been isolating themselves for months (which by the way also reduces their immunity and gives them stress, anxiety, depression and loneliness as side effects) over the irrational fear of catching a virus that most likely will give them nothing or slight flu symptoms can't relate
                  I don't disagree that extreme isolation is awful. I just disagree that the virus is it not a serious matter, and there was a recent estimate pointing that 1.7Billion people might be at risk of severe infection (meaning at least need for hospitalisation). Of course the number is probably a gross (over?)estimate, but they take into account distribution of risk factors globally and locally.
                  https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....18.20064774v1

You can downplay all you want, but still it is a serious threat. And extreme isolation is not the only solution, but protective measures, especially generalised use of masks in high human density areas, plus widespread and regular testing, are essential.

Comment

I am very well and alive having fun going to parties and gatherings funded by the money I stole the people in my dictatorship. The perks of being young, healthy, hot, snatchedT and being born into power I guess.

There have been less people with those complaints during lockdown. Most people get stress, anxiety and depression of interacting with other people. Lockdown gives a lot of peace at mind.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Some people here worry about money. The world should change. Russell Brand posted a great video on his Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=935330496916098

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• 1300 new deaths in Brazil
                          2000 new deaths in India... in 24 hours..

Comment

• Some good news at last....

UK scientists have established that the cheap, widely available drug Dexamethasone is effective against the virus...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281
                            Last edited by Metalweb; Wed June 17th, 2020, 01:30.

Comment

• I went to a bar for the first time today since March 13. I had 2 Manhattans.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                I went to a bar for the first time today since March 13. I had 2 Manhattans.
                                Lucky you.....I'm jealous!

Pubs still not open here...

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                  I went to a bar for the first time today since March 13. I had 2 Manhattans.
                                  Was it really busy? I might swerve bars for a while when they re-open, they'll be chaos in the UK.
                                  THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Was it really busy? I might swerve bars for a while when they re-open, they'll be chaos in the UK.
                                    That’s why I hope my first bars will be in Spain
                                    1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

I went at 3pm when the place opened. The bar only had 5 seats. Social distancing. I was on a first date.

Comment

• Looks like Sweden's laissez faire approach is really coming back to bite.

Country - Total cases - Total deaths

Sweden - 54,562 (+1,239) : 5,041 (+102)
                                        Denmark - 12,294 (+44) : 598 (+0)
                                        Norway - 8,680 (+20) : 243 (+1)
                                        Finland - 7,11 (+5) : 326 (+0)

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

That’s why I hope my first bars will be in Spain
                                          Will there not be social distancing imposed when they open back up ?
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Wed June 17th, 2020, 15:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                            Some people here worry about money. The world should change. Russell Brand posted a great video on his Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=935330496916098
                                            The world went through 2 world wars, spanish flu, embola, global warming etc and didn't change... It is illogical to think anything will change from this

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

The world went through 2 world wars, spanish flu, embola, global warming etc and didn't change... It is illogical to think anything will change from this
                                              Nothing at all will change.

Comment

• Claiming the world didn't change since the early 19th century

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                                  Claiming the world didn't change since the early 19th century
                                                  You are out of context love

Comment

• Greek coronavirus guidelines and rules for sex workers (and this is officially released and not a bad joke):
                                                    1) Washing your hands with soap or antiseptic solution when entering the place. Use gloves if possible... OK
                                                    2) Avoid unnecessary body contact such as handshake... em ok
                                                    3) Keep all windows open, doors can be closed.... aham, good for the side street I guess
                                                    4) Maximum duration of service: 15 minutes... !!!! ???? !!! ???
                                                    5) No more than one customer at a time... OK
                                                    6) Prefer sexual positions that allow more distance to be kept (???) and avoid ones that include face to face contact... hmmm ok
                                                    7) During sexual contact, the faces should keep at a minimum distance of one arm's length... ???????
                                                    8) If possible throw sexual instruments away after each use. Alternatively, they can be disinfected... OK
                                                    9) Using eatable sexual instruments (???) is forbidden
                                                    10) Use a mask during sex. This practice can be introduced as a game.... ok
                                                    11) Every customer should leave his small name and phone number which will be kept for one month in case of coronavirus infection.... !!!!!!
                                                    12) Pay with credit card and not cash.... !!!!!!

I mean seriously?
                                                    Last edited by jio; Wed June 17th, 2020, 20:31.

Comment

• Lety
                                                      Lety commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      This is the funniest thing I read in a while.

• Metalweb
                                                      Metalweb commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Hilarious....cheered me up no end...

• Originally posted by jio View Post

You really think nothing changed? You must have missed all history lessons.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Will there not be social distancing imposed when they open back up ?
                                                      Depends how many drinks we've had and how much money landlords want in their tills

1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Depends how many drinks we've had and how much money landlords want in their tills
                                                        True enough, can't imagine therell be much policing really. Once pubs open it'll be every man for himself !!

Comment

• Social distancing in the toilets will be the big problem - when you gotta go you gotta go....

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                            Looks like Sweden's laissez faire approach is really coming back to bite.

Country - Total cases - Total deaths

Sweden - 54,562 (+1,239) : 5,041 (+102)
                                                            Denmark - 12,294 (+44) : 598 (+0)
                                                            Norway - 8,680 (+20) : 243 (+1)
                                                            Finland - 7,11 (+5) : 326 (+0)

Well, it's Sweden after all! The country likes to present itself as liberal and modern, with all of its consequences that come along with that. So it's only logical to have the same approach now.
                                                            Don't need hindsight
                                                            I'll make my emotions clear
                                                            And then disappear
                                                            With one strike
                                                            (All Saints)

Comment

Working...
                                                            X