No announcement yet.

Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reproduction number is down to 1.2 in Germany. Give it a few days and it'll be down to < 1 again!
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      The reproduction number is down to 1.2 in Germany. Give it a few days and it'll be down to < 1 again!
      crisis averted.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

That's total and not per capita. I was talking per capita and during the time affected by the pandemic. Of course the USA was doing far less tests in the 1.5 month the pandemic was not there yet, it goes without saying
        Tests per 1M/pop

01 - 249,441 - Luxembourg
        02 - 207,397 - Malta
        03 - 169,389 - Denmark
        04 - 149,329 - Lithuania
        05 - 124,975 - Cyprus
        06 - 110,426 - Spain
        07 - 108,077 - Portugal
        08 - 100,266 - Belgium
        00 - 91,285 - USA
        09 - 85,394 - Italy
        10 - 83,321 - Ireland
        11 - 78,626 - Estonia
        12 - 75,698 - Latvia
        13 - 64,876 - Austria
        14 - 64,606 - Germany
        15 - 49,771 - Czechia
        16 - 47,124 - Slovenia
        17 - 44,028 - Sweden
        18 - 42,504 - Finland
        19 - 37,647 - Poland
        20 - 37,520 - Slovakia
        21 - 34,490 - Romania
        22 - 33,307 - Netherlands
        23 - 28,362 - Greece
        24 - 27,444 - Hungary
        25 - 21,213 - France
        26 - 18,184 - Croatia
        27 - 18,063 - Bulgaria
        My Chart

Comment

• E OK, so it is doing a lot of tests, not as much as I thought but more than most EU countries
          jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

crisis averted.
            for now

Comment

• Half a million people crammed onto the beaches of Britain yesterday and today...

Get everyone back to bloody work.

Comment

• ^^ OMG. This is Brighton.

Comment

• Embarrassing. I don't get it, anywhere I go, people are at least doing an impression of keeping their distance, throwing themselves into a bush or supermarket shelving to let you past...but there people must have just happily ignored the fact they were so surrounded by people so closely.
                  1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• More likely, in a week or two Russia will have an explosion of new cases, after a parade that nobody needed.
                    Drugs come in all forms .... Mine just happens to be you!?

Comment

• This summer will provide a good idea on how much impact covid will have on societies post lockdown. Let's see how much the death tolls rise.
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                        Embarrassing. I don't get it, anywhere I go, people are at least doing an impression of keeping their distance, throwing themselves into a bush or supermarket shelving to let you past...but there people must have just happily ignored the fact they were so surrounded by people so closely.
                        It just shows that in the west authorities are literally powerless if people want to ignore instructions. If that was China all those people would probably have faced serious repercussions from the authorities. ( Not that I agree with that either, but the difference between the two extremes are incredible)
                        Last edited by InFamous; Thu June 25th, 2020, 23:37.

Comment

• Over 1000 new cases in the UK this past 24 hours, 400 in Spain, 500 in Germany, 300 in Italy.
                          People thinking this is in anyway close to being over are in for a rude awakening in the next two to three weeks.

Comment

• ^True, this is far from being over as long as there is no vaccin/medicine
                            You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It just shows that in the west authorities are literally powerless if people want to ignore instructions. If that was China all those people would probably have faced serious repercussions from the authorities. ( Not that I agree with that either, but the difference between the two extremes are incredible)
                              In Western countries, the people are like: 'Oh, you suggest me to do this or that? Yeah, sounds cool and social and everything. I'm gonna do what I want to do though. After all, it's not forbidden, is it?'. When it ends up getting forbidden, some people complain about that being undemocratic again though . And yeah, in China, just do what they are supposed to do because they don't want to get in trouble .

Comment

• Especially as the UK government have said everything will be downgraded from law to “recommendations” from 4th July. They’re setting the public up as the scapegoats for the second wave to detract any blame from themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Especially as the UK government have said everything will be downgraded from law to “recommendations” from 4th July. They’re setting the public up as the scapegoats for the second wave to detract any blame from themselves.
                                  Yup, I agree. Most governments I have been listening to are taking that approach and gently putting the burden onto the people. It's basically, here is what you should do, look after yourself and do it if you want.

Comment

• In Portugal, because the infections were contained sooner, they re-opened sooner, and the second wave is well on its course with the government already taking new measures locally. I'm sure most countries will follow, but I hope the peak will be much more contained and that people start realizing that life cannot go back to normal.
                                    ​​​​
                                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                      but I hope the peak will be much more contained and that people start realizing that life cannot go back to normal.
                                      ​​​​
                                      My common sense and experience with other people tells me that that is very unlikely:
                                      Tell a child to do so something. It refuses. --- Well, it's a child. They don't know it better.
                                      Tell a teen to do something. It refuses. --- Well, it's a teen - puberty etc.
                                      Tell an adult to do something. It refuses. --- Well, it's an adult. They don't let others tell them what to do.
                                      Tell an elder to do something. It refuses. --- Well, it's an elder. They're not going to adapt to new things anymore.

Comment

• Sorry but I can't at people who say life cannot go back to normal. I wonder how human they consider life with social distancing because to me it's not human at all. Because if you cannot speak with strangers, flirt with strangers, mingle with strangers, dance, club, have sex without knowing his/her full medical report, then what is the point of being human? So instead of life cannot go back to normal,I say IT HAS to go back to normal, covid or no covid, vaccine or no vaccine

In the end of the day life goes on and you only live once. I can't imagine younger people having to live like this for long, I feel so sorry for them, honestly. They should just take their chances and go (like humans usually do) instead of sheltering forever.

Comment

• theMathematician
                                          theMathematician commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Exactly!

• DnBLover
                                          DnBLover commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Luckily you are not a health official, let me just say that.
                                          Also, this is definitely not forever. And people adapt, and new normals come up all the time.

• Life will and has to go back to normal... but .. this pandemic is only like 8 months old by now...(assuming it starting in Nov. '19) I guess everyone can survive 1-2 years of social distancing.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• DnBLover
                                          DnBLover commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Apparently some people think that this is the only year of your life which you will remember in the end.

Life will and has to go back to normal... but .. this pandemic is only like 8 months old by now...(assuming it starting in Nov. '19) I guess everyone can survive 1-2 years of social distancing.
                                        The majority of people are not actually social distancing. It's all down to pure luck that this has been in any way contained.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                                          Sorry but I can't at people who say life cannot go back to normal. I wonder how human they consider life with social distancing because to me it's not human at all. Because if you cannot speak with strangers, flirt with strangers, mingle with strangers, dance, club, have sex without knowing his/her full medical report, then what is the point of being human? So instead of life cannot go back to normal,I say IT HAS to go back to normal, covid or no covid, vaccine or no vaccine

In the end of the day life goes on and you only live once. I can't imagine younger people having to live like this for long, I feel so sorry for them, honestly. They should just take their chances and go (like humans usually do) instead of sheltering forever.
                                          Chile no one has sex with an entire city. Of course there are going to be some risks if you choose to have close interactions. I started having sex again like maybe six weeks ago, but I have cut down from four guys to just two so in that way I am lowering the risk of catching it. That is the choice we all take!

Comment

• I have to say... that life is like 80% back to normal in Germany. I don't get why ppl act as if they cannot go outside and meet people.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Just imagine how next winter will be when the flu will come back and people being inside etc.

jio I agree with you that life has to go back to normal, however I wouldn’t count sex with strangers as one of my priority interests
                                              2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• This picture actually blows my mind and it makes it very clear that at this stage we can only choose or choose not to protect ourselves by the actions we take.

Bournemouth at the weekend.

Comment

• The UK is still getting +1,000 daily updates. it's so dangerous. BUT.... if the weather continues to slay here... i'm considering going to the beach as well.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

The UK is still getting +1,000 daily updates. it's so dangerous. BUT.... if the weather continues to slay here... i'm considering going to the beach as well.
                                                    You said you live in a place that is almost deserted. Going to a quiet beach by yourself is NOT the same thing as ramming yourself into a beach where you can touch the person next to you without stretching your arm. I went down to a river bank close to my place during the hot weather and enjoyed the sun with one friend or alone. That is acceptable. Common sense hun.

Comment

• India 18000 new cases in the last 24 hours, I really feel for that country. This is going to decimate them. Also Brazil.

Comment

You said you live in a place that is almost deserted. Going to a quiet beach by yourself is NOT the same thing as ramming yourself into a beach where you can touch the person next to you without stretching your arm. I went down to a river bank close to my place during the hot weather and enjoyed the sun with one friend or alone. That is acceptable. Common sense hun.
                                                        OVER 80 MILLION Germans want to visit the North Sea / Baltic Coast... so we are basically the most densely populated area in the world, starting next week.
                                                        My Chart

Comment

India 18000 new cases in the last 24 hours, I really feel for that country. This is going to decimate them. Also Brazil.
                                                          There was a time in mid-May when I thought that Corona was on the verge of being defeated... and now we are basically back to the worst times in some countries... and nothing seems to be affecting the spread of the disease.

My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                          X