Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    The reproduction number is down to 1.0 in Germany again.
    And down to 0.8 again. Love how Germany is recovering from the Tönnies scandal.

Luxembourg is known for being the place where many rich people live - just like Monaco.
    Don't need hindsight
    I'll make my emotions clear
    And then disappear
    With one strike
    (All Saints)

Comment

• Are reproduction numbers available for all countries?
      jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

• theMathematician
        theMathematician commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question.

• Metalweb
        Metalweb commented
        Editing a comment
        They're not really available for any country! Educated guesses at best...

Luxembourg is known for being the place where many rich people live - just like Monaco.
      The other day you claimed this number was arrived at on a weekly basis and now you are giving daily updates on the decreasing number.

Comment

• It covers a week, but is not published on a weekly but daily basis. I see why it's a hard to understand, but it basically goes like this:
        - Pick any day x! x to x+6 is the comparable week.
        - Now we track x+7 to x+13!
        - On day x+14, we compare the amount of cases from week 2 with week 1 and the result is the reproduction number.
        Don't need hindsight
        And then disappear
        With one strike
        (All Saints)

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The other day you claimed this number was arrived at on a weekly basis and now you are giving daily updates on the decreasing number.
          The Tönnies outbreak (and other places like Göttingen etc) are 1 week old now (or older). Thence the R-number recovering to a sustainable value.
          My Chart

Comment

GER has not really recovered as daily numbers are at least 100-150 cases higher than what they were b4.
            My Chart

Comment

• That's because it's gone below 1.0 for the first time since Tönnies. It will take a few more days to return to the previous state. It may be semantics, but I thought that 'is recovering' would highlight that it's still in the process rather than e.g. 'has recovered'.
              Don't need hindsight
              And then disappear
              With one strike
              (All Saints)

Comment

• InFamous
                InFamous commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah your English was perfect, Steffan was too eager to hit Quote without taking the time to understand what you said

That's because it's gone below 1.0 for the first time since Tönnies. It will take a few more days to return to the previous state. It may be semantics, but I thought that 'is recovering' would highlight that it's still in the process rather than e.g. 'has recovered'.
              That's true. I'm also extremely glad and relieved that the outbreak did not spread throughout the republic and that re-opening the country has been a success so far. Life is like 80% back to normal where I live and I am so glad about that. Lockdowns are scary - but necessary.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

That's true. I'm also extremely glad and relieved that the outbreak did not spread throughout the republic and that re-opening the country has been a success so far. Life is like 80% back to normal where I live and I am so glad about that. Lockdowns are scary - but necessary.
                You wont see the full effect of those new outbreaks for another week or so. Remember the virus can take 14 days to develop. So hopefully there will not be an upsurge in cases in a week or two.

Comment

• Everything is possible of course, but at least, we've seen the number go down from 2+ to 0.8 in like a week.
                  Don't need hindsight
                  And then disappear
                  With one strike
                  (All Saints)

Comment

• The UK with another 900 case update, Spain 300, Italy around 200 and Germany around 100.

Comment

• Ugh. From 5-15 daily new cases 2-3 weeks ago, it’s rising again over here in Switzerland. Last week started with around 50 daily new cases and there were 70 new cases yesterday.
                      No surprise though, because people act like nothing ever happened and even the government went back to normal a bit too quickly. Even partying is allowed again, and people love to party over here and you see party-goers everywhere. The city is so crowded during the weekends, so are the swimming spots in the city.

I really hope we’re not going back to a lockdown just because some people can’t social distance themselves or be just a little bit more careful.
                      I still want to go abroad next month…

Comment

• i hate sunday updates bc they are so unreliable... 175 new cases in germany... yeah right, when in reality 550-650 is the real number for a week-day.

at least the death rates continues to be miniscule on a daily basis with less than 10.
                        My Chart

Comment

• The reproduction number is down to ~ 0.7 in Germany now. Don't remember having seen it that low in a long time...
                          Don't need hindsight
                          And then disappear
                          With one strike
                          (All Saints)

Comment

• Y'all are cute for believing that the torture and death factory in Gütersloh is a special, isolated case. There are probably hundreds of 'hotspots' like that all over the country, just most of them undetected and uncontained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                              Y'all are cute for believing that the torture and death factory in Gütersloh is a special, isolated case. There are probably hundreds of 'hotspots' like that all over the country, just most of them undetected and uncontained.
                              #BillGates
                              My Chart

Comment

• Leicester in England is potentially going to spend two more weeks in current lockdown (i.e. no bars, cinemas, restaurants opening and not allowed to visit people indoors) due to a spike over the last few weeks.

I think most cities will end up having to reintroduce measures over the next 12 months.
                                THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Leicester in England is potentially going to spend two more weeks in current lockdown (i.e. no bars, cinemas, restaurants opening and not allowed to visit people indoors) due to a spike over the last few weeks.

I think most cities will end up having to reintroduce measures over the next 12 months.
                                  I agree... this is far from over... I think the best places to live are sparcely populated areas... more on the countryside of things.

I'm just happy for as much normalcy as they are allowing us right now.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• theMathematician
                                    theMathematician commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Yeah, living on the countryside rules <3 !

• The obvious way forward is to lock down and halt travel in and out of areas where there are outbreaks. There is no need to lock an entire country down again I don't think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                    Y'all are cute for believing that the torture and death factory in Gütersloh is a special, isolated case. There are probably hundreds of 'hotspots' like that all over the country, just most of them undetected and uncontained.
                                    This. The amount of people that actually have or had Covid is potentially five times greater than has been reported.

Comment

• 477 cases in Germany in the last 24 hours, up from 96 the day before. What's that R number looking like today theMathematician ?

Comment

• Hold your breath, InFamous, it's 0.63 !
                                        Don't need hindsight
                                        And then disappear
                                        With one strike
                                        (All Saints)

Comment

• Europe is so stable:

+6,695 - Russia
                                          +706 - Ukraine
                                          +689 - UK
                                          +541 - France
                                          +405 - Germany
                                          +388 - Romania
                                          +328 - Belarus
                                          +301 - Spain
                                          +276 - Serbia
                                          +256 - Moldova
                                          +239 - Poland
                                          +229 - Portugal
                                          +198 - Sweden
                                          +158 - Bulgaria
                                          +142 - Italy
                                          +128 - Bosnoa & Herzegovina
                                          +125 - North Macedonia
                                          My Chart

Comment

• 134 new cases yesterday over here in Switzerland, up 100% (!) from the previous few days that already showed a rather big increase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                              134 new cases yesterday over here in Switzerland, up 100% (!) from the previous few days that already showed a rather big increase.
                                              It's to be expected when the virus isn't eradicated. But SUI is going to react to it and fight and I am 100% that SUI will not see any real (unmanageable) increase in the future.

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

It's to be expected when the virus isn't eradicated. But SUI is going to react to it and fight and I am 100% that SUI will not see any real (unmanageable) increase in the future.
                                                Well, our government just announced a mask requirement for the public transport. We didn't have one previously.

Comment

• Some high rise apartment blocks in Melbourne have been locked down for at least five days, plus an entire city in Catalonia.

Comment

• Africa has surpassed Europe for 3 straight days now, in daily cases.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

• 4th of July update by continental parts:

World: 189,069

56,731 - 30,00% - North America
                                                      53,474 - 28,28% - Asia
                                                      51,330 - 27,14% - South America
                                                      15,510 - 8,20% - Africa
                                                      11,917 - 6,30% - Europe
                                                      107 - 0,05% - Oceania

idk why Europe seems to have contained wave 1 of the pandemic... but it is a big relief.
                                                      My Chart

Comment

• So this was Soho last night..
                                                        To be honest is is only luck that this pandemic has been in any way contained.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X