Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

People who are visiting other countries, almost always visit one of the major cities if said country. I mean... places like Paris, London, Rome have tens of millions of tourists every year. Doesn't Paris have like 20-30 million tourists every "normal" year?
    Yup. Rihab seems to think the tourists just come and sit on a remote beach or something and never venture anywhere else. Normally in July Paris, Rome, London, Milan etc are full to the brim with tourists.

Comment

• The doom and gloom in this thread. Maybe we should all just stay indoors for the next three years until we all go mental.
      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
        The doom and gloom in this thread. Maybe we should all just stay indoors for the next three years until we all go mental.
        You don't have to stay indoors. I spend a lot of my time in the garden.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

You don't have to stay indoors. I spend a lot of my time in the garden.
          I'm doing sports outside everyday for 2 hours now. I mean it's summer... and what is there better to do? Tomorrow I'm going to the beach. <3
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm doing sports outside everyday for 2 hours now. I mean it's summer... and what is there better to do? Tomorrow I'm going to the beach. <3
            Outdoor sports were never an issue. I never stopped doing my daily hour of exercise or sunbathing down at the river. I have not gone to the busy beaches as no one is respecting social distancing there and they are just too busy. And furthermore I don't like crowded beaches.

Comment

The doom and gloom in this thread. Maybe we should all just stay indoors for the next three years until we all go mental.
              Have you been staying indoors ?

Comment

• Indian actress Aishwarya Rai in hospital with COVID-19

Drugs come in all forms .... Mine just happens to be you!?

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

It's not just sad, it's wrong... we don't even know if these animals can spread it to humans... I mean really we have gone over the top with this from the very beginning and it's getting worse the more it goes...
                  It's wrong farming minks in the first place and slaughtering them for fur. There really isn't much of a difference for the animals. Killed now or killed in a few weeks or months. In terms of human safety you really don't want to face the risk, considering most of the farms workers had been infected so at that point you don't know if there was mutual transmission between the animals and humans.
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Have you been staying indoors ?
                    Absolutely not, I've worked all the way through it and I'm now very much ready for my break

Comment

Absolutely not, I've worked all the way through it and I'm now very much ready for my break
                      A friend of mine from Germany is currently in Palma de Mallorca and it looks blissful, hopefully things wont get any worse in the next few weeks and you will be enjoying the beach

Comment

• Some really promising news from the UK with regards to a possible vaccine. Can't wait to see the reactions of the knuckle-draggers such as the Leeds fans that left their filth in our city centre yesterday, they'll be quick to point out how we came up with the vaccine because Britain is the greatest country in the world...without offering absolutely any contribution to the national effort.

Also I read yesterday that the government are re-evaluating (again) how they present the daily death totals after finally admitting that the death tolls have been for all deaths where the deceased had tested positive for the virus, regardless of whether it was the virus which killed them. So it seems the UK death rate has not been as big as everyone thought.

Comment

• The vaccine thing has the potential to end up in a major disaster... Every possible safeguard has been thrown down the drain...
                          jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                            It's wrong farming minks in the first place and slaughtering them for fur. There really isn't much of a difference for the animals. Killed now or killed in a few weeks or months. In terms of human safety you really don't want to face the risk, considering most of the farms workers had been infected so at that point you don't know if there was mutual transmission between the animals and humans.
                            I guess you have a point but what if tomorrow we find out that the disease can spread to other animals too? Will we choose to kill all stray or domestic cats and dogs if god forbid we discover they can spread COVID? I mean...

Comment

Some really promising news from the UK with regards to a possible vaccine. Can't wait to see the reactions of the knuckle-draggers such as the Leeds fans that left their filth in our city centre yesterday, they'll be quick to point out how we came up with the vaccine because Britain is the greatest country in the world...without offering absolutely any contribution to the national effort.

Also I read yesterday that the government are re-evaluating (again) how they present the daily death totals after finally admitting that the death tolls have been for all deaths where the deceased had tested positive for the virus, regardless of whether it was the virus which killed them. So it seems the UK death rate has not been as big as everyone thought.
                              Yeah one part of me wants us to develop the vaccine because it feels like we owe the world something after our government messed so much up with the response, however, it does give the idiots another excuse to think the UK is invincible and bore on about the war and Brexit.

Comment

Some really promising news from the UK with regards to a possible vaccine. Can't wait to see the reactions of the knuckle-draggers such as the Leeds fans that left their filth in our city centre yesterday, they'll be quick to point out how we came up with the vaccine because Britain is the greatest country in the world...without offering absolutely any contribution to the national effort.

I would imagine that will eliminate 10 percent at most, so it wont really change the numbers a lot in the scheme of things.

Comment

• Mallorca shutting down bars and restaurants again due to tourists not following rules.
                                  Playa de Palma is the area my friend was in just last week !!

https://www.dw.com/en/mallorca-coronavirus/a-54207768

Here is a photo of the German revellers that caused the new lockdown, as well as similar scenes in Magaluf..

Last edited by InFamous; Tue July 21st, 2020, 04:09.

Comment

Mallorca shutting down bars and restaurants again due to tourists not following rules.
                                    Playa de Palma is the area my friend was in just last week !!

https://www.dw.com/en/mallorca-coronavirus/a-54207768

Here is a photo of the German revellers that caused the new lockdown, as well as similar scenes in Magaluf..

The streets on any big german city looks exactly like this every Friday / Saturday night (if not even more crowded)
                                    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• jio
                                      jio commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      What's the point of those oh-my-god-people-are-having-fun-no-social-distancing photos popping up all the time? It's everywhere the same (in Europe). So please if you find a place with a night life and social distancing then post it...

• InFamous
                                      InFamous commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That particular photo led to the government of Mallorca ordering all the bars on that strip to shut down for two months so that was why I posted it as it is Corona Virus related news. No need for the sarkiness to be honest .

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

The streets on any big german city looks exactly like this every Friday / Saturday night (if not even more crowded)
                                    People can choose to do what they want at this point I guess, but governments are taking more measures when needed. All it takes it one cluster in a bar area and Miss Merkel will shut those bars faster than you can say FlugenfleigenSchleigenHolden

Comment

• Glad that's not where I'm going. I've never fancied any of those places, may as well just go to Blackpool.

Comment

Glad that's not where I'm going. I've never fancied any of those places, may as well just go to Blackpool.
                                        Yeah I mean you can pick and choose your location or even where to go within that area. My friend was not anywhere near those sorts of streets, but that resort is the not as bad as some of the others in Mallorca. Santa Ponza and Magaluf are the ones where all the drunk young Brits go. There's even a TV series on it, looks horrendous. Absolutely not to my taste.

Comment

• The Canaries seem to be adapting to things much better, there's a webcam site you can watch various streets and it looks to be getting gradually busier by the day but people seem to be adapting well to the "new normal" amd behaving themselves.

Comment

The Canaries seem to be adapting to things much better, there's a webcam site you can watch various streets and it looks to be getting gradually busier by the day but people seem to be adapting well to the "new normal" amd behaving themselves.
                                            Oh is that where you're going I would say that is much safer than mainland Spain, and not many tourists there so far. I don't think you will have any issues there, its far better and calmer than mainland Spain. The entire island group has only had around 2500 cases in total. I have some friends who live there.
                                            Last edited by InFamous; Wed July 22nd, 2020, 04:46.

Comment

• Romania

A new day, a new peak +1,030 new cases

Total cases: 40,163

Deaths: 2,101

Recovered: 24,663

The worst thing is, that this is only the beginning.
                                              Drugs come in all forms .... Mine just happens to be you!?

Comment

• The school district here is giving an option of all-online or all in-person to parents. Whatever is chosen is for the entire school year. If in-person they might still need to shut down if cases rise and do online. Still an agonizing choice. It's a lose-lose - if they stay home, they miss out on the social aspect and in-person instruction; if they go to school, they risk getting sick or infecting other people. It's an agonizing choice.

Comment

• I don't know, this year isn't the best for any kind of tourism imo
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Oh is that where you're going I would say that is much safer than mainland Spain, and not many tourists there so far. I don't think you will have any issues there, its far better and calmer than mainland Spain. The entire island group has only had around 2500 cases in total. I have some friends who live there.
                                                    That's quite a lot for such a small place... it's way more than either Crete or Cyprus for example

Comment

• Spain in the last 24 hours - 2615 cases.

France back over 1000 cases also for the first time in ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

That's quite a lot for such a small place... it's way more than either Crete or Cyprus for example
                                                        That figure included all the islands of the Canaries, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Palma and El Hierro. I havent compared worldwide islands but I guess to me 2500 cases since the start didn't seem like much

Comment

That figure included all the islands of the Canaries, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Palma and El Hierro. I havent compared worldwide islands but I guess to me 2500 cases since the start didn't seem like much
                                                          Oh OK I just looked at the population of those islands and it's over 2 m. (which I didn't know). So it's a good figure. I just assumed they are much smaller in population, sorry

Comment

• Considering that Corona seriously impacted 4 months ago, it seems weird to imagine how people didn't get infected when it started becoming a real thing only to get it now after all this time... Feels like all those people are kind of late to the party.
                                                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                            and everything you stand for?
                                                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Working...
                                                            X