Coronavirus outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    We need a nationwide lockdown, Wuhan style now. NOW!
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
      I was in Amsterdam last week and my partner and me were shocked how many tourists there are and how no one seems to care about Corona. There are even several places where you couldn't pay with card, you had to pay with cash, which had me shocked because basically no one pays with cash anymore where I live (at least from the young/er demographic).

The flight was only around an hour so wearing a mask during that time (or for 2-3 hours in total, going to the airport with a taxi and wearing it at the airport as well) was actually ok, there's worse. I never use public transportation so that was my first time wearing a mask a little longer, and I was positively surprised. Except for the smell that starts to come up at some point, really don't know how I would feel if I had to wear a mask on a flight to Asia or so that takes way longer...

Anyways, what I wanted to write is that I'm shocked how people in Amsterdam didn't seem to care at all. The restrictions were ridiculous and no one even cared about those most of the time (like social distancing, for example). There are also tons of people not caring about social distancing and other restrictions over here, but Amsterdam was on a worse level. So thinking about how this may be the case in several places, I'm really worried and not surprised at all if a second wave is coming in just a very few weeks, when all summer vacations end.
      Tbh I don't know how anyone could even attempt to social distance in Amsterdam, the streets are so small and it is always so busy. It definitely would not be a place that I would go to right now. Travel is largely open within Europe, apart from some restrictions, so somehwere like Amsterdam is going to be busy.

Comment

• Negligence is the cause of the German resurgence, according to expert. Take note aRat !!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...avirus-europe/

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          +638 new cases in GER today. We need a nationwide lockdown right now. or else, the 2nd wave will potentially dissolve the federal republic.
          Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          We need a nationwide lockdown, Wuhan style now. NOW!
          Sure Joanne. Take a chill pill before you explode.

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Sure Joanne. Take a chill pill before you explode.
            I don't think its at Wuhan level yet ! How many people are in Germany, like 85 million or around that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Negligence is the cause of the German resurgence, according to expert. Take note aRat !!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...avirus-europe/
              I mean babygorl it's been 6+ months now. Either the government / scientists find a cure / vaccine or people simply will learn to live with it and not reduce their life quality because of it.

Comment

I don't think its at Wuhan level yet ! How many people are in Germany, like 85 million or around that ?
                If we don't count the rats yes around 84M.

Comment

I mean babygorl it's been 6+ months now. Either the government / scientists find a cure / vaccine or people simply will learn to live with it and not reduce their life quality because of it.
                  Learning to live with it does not equate to ignoring all advice and deciding to hell with this I am going to do what I want when I want it cos I'm young and cool and this doesn't matter to me.

Comment

If we don't count the rats yes around 84M.
                    83,803,959 to be exact (according to the UN).
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                      I was in Amsterdam last week and my partner and me were shocked how many tourists there are and how no one seems to care about Corona. There are even several places where you couldn't pay with card, you had to pay with cash, which had me shocked because basically no one pays with cash anymore where I live (at least from the young/er demographic).

The flight was only around an hour so wearing a mask during that time (or for 2-3 hours in total, going to the airport with a taxi and wearing it at the airport as well) was actually ok, there's worse. I never use public transportation so that was my first time wearing a mask a little longer, and I was positively surprised. Except for the smell that starts to come up at some point, really don't know how I would feel if I had to wear a mask on a flight to Asia or so that takes way longer...

Anyways, what I wanted to write is that I'm shocked how people in Amsterdam didn't seem to care at all. The restrictions were ridiculous and no one even cared about those most of the time (like social distancing, for example). There are also tons of people not caring about social distancing and other restrictions over here, but Amsterdam was on a worse level. So thinking about how this may be the case in several places, I'm really worried and not surprised at all if a second wave is coming in just a very few weeks, when all summer vacations end.
                      This is really strange. I live in the Netherlands, in a small village, and it's been years since I paid without a card here. I don't remember the last time I had cash on me.

Reading how no one seems to care in Amsterdam, I'm glad I don't live in a city. After less people getting corona here, it's going up again. Although this time there are more young people getting corona. Probably because they are the one not caring for social distancing and going to places where a lot of people meet.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I completely agree. It’s not worth putting our lives on hold for years. I want to go and do stuff before I’m official old
                        1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

I completely agree. It’s not worth putting our lives on hold for years. I want to go and do stuff before I’m official old
                          Have you been to the Canaries before ?

Comment

Have you been to the Canaries before ?
                            I think it's going to be my 11th time

Comment

I think it's going to be my 11th time
                              Did you hear about the policy change in the dunes area !?

Comment

Did you hear about the policy change in the dunes area !?
                                Yes I’ve heard people aren’t allowed to wander into the dunes anymore, but that won’t affect me, mucky buggers

Comment

I understand the point and generally I’d agree, but this is a naive approach - the simple truth is quality of life will be reduced because we cannot continue as before.

Face masks are not infallible and aren’t some great protection again the unseen. Every time you go out and mix in a public place is an opportunity to catch this virus and and simply put - none of us knows how our bodies will react to it or who we might pass it onto.

Yes figures aren’t as high as they once were but they aren’t as low as we’d like either - and are starting to creep upwards because of ignorance and indifference.

This isn’t over and won’t be for a long time yet. Just stay home, listen to Dua and heal your ass.
                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Yes I’ve heard people aren’t allowed to wander into the dunes anymore, but that won’t affect me, mucky buggers
                                    I often used to sunbathe there when the main beach was windy. I'm not sure if that's even allowed now. The Canarian government are hilarious. A couple of years ago they tried to ban local people from owning houses in the south because they decided they should be tourist only zones. Hello banning the hot guys from the capital is not a good idea lol

Comment

• There seem to be stories of local lockdowns every day at the moment in the UK, with Oldham the latest. I’ve also heard that quite a few places in the Midlands are at risk of locking down too (where I currently am)... it seems to be being blamed on people having large gatherings and spreading it back to their families, I’ve also heard of pubs just letting everybody in and not implementing social distancing and being responsible for a few dozen cases.

I think a lot of people have forgotten the virus is the reason we went into lockdown and seem to be acting as if it’s gone away, or because they haven’t caught it in four months it’s a myth... until they catch it!

Comment

• Well apparently Boris has said wave two will start in two weeks if we aren’t careful, and I can believe it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                          Well apparently Boris has said wave two will start in two weeks if we aren’t careful, and I can believe it.
                                          Well if Boris says it ....

This is the guy who said face masks are mandatory in shops four months into the pandemic.

Comment

Well if Boris says it ....

This is the guy who said face masks are mandatory in shops four months into the pandemic.
                                            I’m no Boris supporter but I can believe this.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• almost 900 new cases in Germany... wave 2 will be so much worse than wave 1.

in 10 days schools will start again here... By then we will have 2000+ daily cases. gawd.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Spain over 2000 cases for the fourth or fifth day in a row now, Germany up on 860. Not a good sign.
                                                Brazil 70000 cases in the last 24 hours. India 50000 plus, the US almost at 60000.

Comment

• We have around 900+ cases everyday. Some say the government is shady and hiding the real numbers, i hope that's not the case. I also think they've opened some borders too quickly. We're gonna be a bigger mess once Russian tourists start to come to Turkey.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                    We have around 900+ cases everyday. Some say the government is shady and hiding the real numbers, i hope that's not the case. I also think they've opened some borders too quickly. We're gonna be a bigger mess once Russian tourists start to come to Turkey.
                                                    I was in Istanbul last year and my god the amount of people. How does one even attempt to stop it spreading in such a populated place.

Comment

I was in Istanbul last year and my god the amount of people. How does one even attempt to stop it spreading in such a populated place.
                                                      They don't Around 51% of the cases in Turkey come from Istanbul.
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

They don't Around 51% of the cases in Turkey come from Istanbul.
                                                        Not surprised to be honest. Glad I managed to get manhandled in the Hamamm prior to all this

France almost 1400 cases, thats a bit concerning.
                                                        Last edited by InFamous; Thu July 30th, 2020, 01:44.

Comment

Not surprised to be honest. Glad I managed to get manhandled in the Hamamm prior to all this

France almost 1400 cases, thats a bit concerning.
                                                          The worst part is people act like nothing's wrong.
                                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• last two days Victoria's daily tally gradually decreasing under 400, then under 300.. Today however 723 new cases, thats the highest daily tally in Australia since the pandemic began IIRC.

Queensland was doing quite well as well but have now been reported a couple cases and now these two teenage girls irresponsibly travelling down to Melbourne and partying it up then bringing it back up to QLD through Sydney by 'sneaking through' (before QLD recently closed its borders to Sydney due to the hotspots around here).

In other news some of those 'Karen' videos about the mask were by the same lady, there was a separate one I saw the other day trying to play the 'It's against my religion' card.
                                                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• An update on Germany yesterday from newstalk:

"Over 60 percent of the country's recent new cases were reported to be in the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia and in the southwestern state of Baden-Württemberg, RKI noted.

Clusters of new infections have also been linked to larger gatherings, leisure activities, workplaces, visits to community and health facilities as well as travelers returning from abroad, DW reported"

https://www.newsweek.com/europe-fear...ermany-1520700

Comment

Working...
                                                              X