X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    I asked our moderation team not to intervene in the DaBaby topic as it’s all healthy (occasionally heated) discussion and it usually resolves itself. I don’t like topics being locked and I don’t usually allow permanent bans. I want this to be a vibrant place with healthy disagreements and discussions. But when members of our community have literally lost members of their family, or their friends to this cruel and dangerous virus, I will not allow (...) obviously ridiculous comments.
    Thank you Wayne, important to see your vision for UKMix.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

And here in France, it went from 2 weeks to 7 days as soon as Macron announced the sanitary pass, to ease things up...
    Yay France! 7 days is the new 14 I guess ;)

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Not even in Europe they give the same advice everywhere. Here in the Netherlands it is two weeks.
    And here in France, it went from 2 weeks to 7 days as soon as Macron announced the sanitary pass, to ease things up...

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by jio View Post
    just admit you are wrong, it's not a problem really

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Meanwhile in Cyprus:

Coronavirus: Minister says unvaccinated must pay the price of refusing jab

No more free tests for the unvaccinated .

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/31/c...-refusing-jab/
    There are a lot of fishy aspects to the Cyprus free test program and it did much damage to the economy in many ways so I am happy it is reduced. That said, Cyprus does not follow international guidelines either, it does say "unvaccinated" there but what they mean by "vaccinated" is anyone who is three weeks off their first dose irrespective of whether a second dose has been taken or not. So it is all kinda useless really, we have the highest infection rates in the EU and we will continue having them simply because nothing really works here.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

The CDC is based in America and governs the US only. I live In Europe, and I will trust the literature from my vaccination centre ok.
    Not even in Europe they give the same advice everywhere. Here in the Netherlands it is two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Meanwhile in Cyprus:

Coronavirus: Minister says unvaccinated must pay the price of refusing jab

No more free tests for the unvaccinated .

The decision to scrap free testing for the unvaccinated was taken to spare the state millions of euros and allocate those funds to support state hospitals, Health Minister Michalis Hadjipantelas said on Saturday, in answer to a reporter’s question during his visit to the Nicosia General Hospital.
    https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/31/c...-refusing-jab/

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    OK but does it make to you any sense that the UK is using a different timeline for the fully vaccinated status than the rest of the world (USA and EU included) even though we are talking about the exact same product? I mean this is like a serious discovery and I am not sure why they are doing it since they are using the exact same data as the rest of the world. Any thoughts on that?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Oh come on now, I assumed you made a mistake because the 2 weeks bracket is like common knowledge not just here but in every report/paper I have read (many times citing the less than 2 weeks time since 2nd dose as the reason why some people got re-infected soon after being fully vaccinated) so I couldn't imagine a government agency of any country giving a different timeline. I am actually really surprised by that.

Also I didn't invent the NHS rules, they are there. Lacking logic? Sure but most things in life lack logic, especially with this pandemic. Are there any additional priviledges gained 7 days after vaccination?
    Whatever you say. I told you twice that I was reading from literature I was given by the vaccination centre. Do you think I dont recognize the number 7 from the number 14 or what ?
    Hopefully this will teach you a valuable lesson about making incorrect assumptions.

Also I never said that you invented the NHS rules. I said that people who have only passed one week after their second dose of Pfizer would therefore not be able to attend domestic events - which means tying that to increased infection rates ( as you did in your previous post) fundamentally makes no sense. For the NHS it is simply easier to have a standard two weeks for everyone, but that doesn't change what is written on the vaccination literature - and given to everyone who received a Pfizer vaccine.
    Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 21:51.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

Take it up with the UK government then.

But don't tell me I am inventing information when I literally had a physical leaflet in front of me that I was reading from.

Your last point makes no sense as if you cannot get a pass for domestic events until two weeks after anyway then people one week after their second Pfizer dose cannot attend them and there are no restrictions on entering pubs, clubs or restaurants anyway. So, lacking a bit of logic there I fear.
    Oh come on now, I assumed you made a mistake because the 2 weeks bracket is like common knowledge not just here but in every report/paper I have read (many times citing the less than 2 weeks time since 2nd dose as the reason why some people got re-infected soon after being fully vaccinated) so I couldn't imagine a government agency of any country giving a different timeline. I am actually really surprised by that.

Also I didn't invent the NHS rules, they are there. Lacking logic? Sure but most things in life lack logic, especially with this pandemic. Are there any additional priviledges gained 7 days after vaccination?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    OK but that goes against common knowledge of the vaccines... Also the NHS won't give you a covid pass for domestic events unless 2 weeks from second dose have passed so I guess they don't agree with the 7 days either...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...19/covid-pass/

Anyway, we might have just found the reason of so many infections in the UK... wrong info lol lol
    Take it up with the UK government then.

But don't tell me I am inventing information when I literally had a physical leaflet in front of me that I was reading from.

Your last point makes no sense as if you cannot get a pass for domestic events until two weeks after anyway then people one week after their second Pfizer dose cannot attend them and there are no restrictions on entering pubs, clubs or restaurants anyway. So, lacking a bit of logic there I fear.

Also, it is simply easier for the NHS to have a standard time limit for when they issue passes, however that does NOT change the info from the governement on the Pfizer vaccine, which clearly states that you have protection one week ( 7 days) after your second dose. Two completely different points.
    Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 21:21.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I see, good to know!

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    OK but that goes against common knowledge of the vaccines... Also the NHS won't give you a covid pass for domestic events unless 2 weeks from second dose have passed so I guess they don't agree with the 7 days either...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...19/covid-pass/

Anyway, we might have just found the reason of so many infections in the UK... wrong info lol lol

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I also understood it to be 2 weeks - that’s certainly what the CMO in the U.K. has said on briefings if I recall correctly. They may have been talking generally though, rather than specifically about one vaccine type.
    It is two weeks after AZ, one after Pfizer.

Here is the part from the official UK documentation and what is given at vaccination centres.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...vid-19-vaccine

If you receive one dose of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2, you should receive a second dose of the same vaccine at least 21 days later to complete the vaccination series. Protection against COVID-19 disease may not be maximally effective until at least 7 days after the second dose.
    Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 21:06.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

I also understood it to be 2 weeks - that’s certainly what the CMO in the U.K. has said on briefings if I recall correctly. They may have been talking generally though, rather than specifically about one vaccine type.
    No, you can't get a covid pass in the UK unless 2 weeks have passed from second dose. Also both the CDC and the ECDC mention the 2 weeks period so it's not wrong. You do have some protection after 1 week (or after the first dose) but it's not full.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    link?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    It's actually 2 weeks

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

As if we are talking about a different product... just admit you are wrong, it's not a problem really
    Sure because I am just inventing literature. You are a really arrogant individual.

How long it takes to work. It takes 7 days after the second dose for the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to work. This is when you are fully vaccinated. You should get your second dose 21 to 28 days after your first dose.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

The CDC is based in America and governs the US only. I live In Europe, and I will trust the literature from my vaccination centre ok.
    As if we are talking about a different product... just admit you are wrong, it's not a problem really

btw also in the UK, you can't get a domestic covid pass unless 2 weeks from second dose have passed so the literature u read is obviously wrong, u should tell them.
    Last edited by jio; Yesterday, 20:56.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

It actually isnt. With Pfizer it is one. I have the literature in front of me from the vaccination centre.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...accinated.html

Here...

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    I went out out last night and while at first it was strange to be in a busy bar, it quickly felt normal. Everyone dancing, chatting, hugging.
    I knew you wouldn't be long getting back on the horse. I have had lunch indoors twice this week and went to a pretty busy terrace this afternoon for a coffee. Didn't really have any issues doing either thing.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I went out out last night and while at first it was strange to be in a busy bar, it quickly felt normal. Everyone dancing, chatting, hugging.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    It's actually 2 weeks
    It actually isnt. With Pfizer it is one. I have the literature in front of me from the vaccination centre.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    It's actually 2 weeks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X