Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DnBLover
    replied
    Shocking. Unfortunately the eastern block is highly prone to believing in that sort of stuff for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The situation is extremely bad at the moment in Romania - so much for the claim about things being normal there.
    Schools were closed yesterday as the pandemic is raging through the country.

Covid: Romania's health system torn apart by pandemic

Romania's 2,000 intensive care beds are all full, and patients are now having to wait outside. The first 50 critically ill patients have been transferred to hospitals in Hungary and Poland.

"Sometimes I feel like the whole country has become a resuscitation department," said Dorel Sandesc, head of intensive care at Timisoara hospital in western Romania.

"It is a national failure on all levels. We are witnessing a kind of national blindness, caused by the lack of education, by the lack of civilisation," Dr Sandesc, who's vice-chairman of the Romanian Society of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, told the Puterea a Cincea website.
    Very low vaccination levels there, and this is a problem across the whole of Eastern Europe where the people let the anti vax crew get into their heads and believed all sorts of random conspiracy theories. I work and know some Polish people and they have the most random non sensical rubbish to spout about COVID on the daily.

Full story BBC - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ...medium=custom7

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

They don't clog up the health system.
    LMAO!!! They definitely do. Smoking increases your chances of heart disease, heart attack and developing cancer.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

Smokers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
    They don't clog up the health system. But you probably did your own research...

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied

As a covidiot you probably know that smokers have the option to take a medication for smoking cessation.
    when you assume you only make *ss of yourself …

- i quit smoking 8 years ago without any medical help. Yet you can’t deny the financial impact of selling tobacco products. So … no

- getting tested on weekly basis as I work in hospitality
    - got double vaccinated during the summer …

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    If anti vaxxers aren’t having vaccines because they have some misguided view that it’s against their human rights … … then what makes you think they’ll willingly sign a legal disclaimer?
    Obviously it's not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    Originally posted by nekoocz View Post

the tax you pay on tobacco products pay many medical bills and funds many researches ... so this is not really good comparison. As Anti-waxxer and covidiot you don't pay to not get the vaccine.
    As a covidiot you probably know that smokers have the option to take a medication for smoking cessation.

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied

Smokers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
    the tax you pay on tobacco products pay many medical bills and funds many researches ... so this is not really good comparison. As Anti-waxxer and covidiot you don't pay to not get the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    If anti vaxxers aren’t having vaccines because they have some misguided view that it’s against their human rights … … then what makes you think they’ll willingly sign a legal disclaimer?

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Anti-vaxxers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Glad I got vaccinated. Mostly people who didn't get the vaccine end up in hospital here.
    We might need a booster tho. I'm not sure when you got the 2nd dose. I got mine in May. (5 months ago). I think initially they said that the vaccine was only good for 6 months or so. I'd take shot #3 anytime.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Anti-vaxxers should sign forms that say they won't seek treatments in hospitals, they have no right to clog up the health system.
    honestly, i think this is a fair solution.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    90 percent approx of people in hospital currently are not vaccinated..

Meanwhile wave 4 is gathering speed in Germany according to reports today and Russia break their record for daily deaths for the fourth day in a row with over 1000.

This winter has the potential to be a disaster. There's just too many unvaccinated people roaming around..
    In Saxony (East German state) barely 57% of all people are vaccinated. I swear the East is killing us all.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Yet those who are unvaccinated are the first to cry about restrictions… that they are causing.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    90 percent approx of people in hospital currently are not vaccinated..

Meanwhile wave 4 is gathering speed in Germany according to reports today and Russia break their record for daily deaths for the fourth day in a row with over 1000.

This winter has the potential to be a disaster. There's just too many unvaccinated people roaming around..

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied

At this point the only way out of this is for everyone to get freaking vaccinated. If people do not understand that by now there is no hope for a resolution to this whole situation. We are just going around in circles at this point. Mark my words Latvia will not be the last to see lockdowns again. I suspect Russia will follow soon.
    Exactly this. It's alarming to see that hospitalisations are rising. If it keeps on rising, new measures or even a new lockdown is imminent.
    These anti-vaxxers are the loudest when it comes to protesting against any measures, while they are mostly the ones ending up in the hospital.
    I really hope the numbers will slow down. I'd hate to have to go through another lockdown. People should just take the vaccine!

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    You’ll never achieve herd immunity now - the moment has passed and as it turns out, covid immunity is only a few months anyway. The best way to have dealt with COVID would have been total lockdown right at the start and to have starved it out - but in practise that would have been impossible too (as people need to get groceries etc).

So it is what it is and all we have are vaccines that prevent serious illness and possible death. Why anyone would want to tempt fate by refusing a vaccine is beyond me - but I stopped trying to figure that one out months ago.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Your point was that we could achieve herd immunity if everyone got the vaccine.

You were wrong as per usual.
    No it wasnt. I never said a thing about herd immunity.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied

Way to completely miss the point as usual.
    Your point was that we could achieve herd immunity if everyone got the vaccine.

You were wrong as per usual.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

LOL. Even if everyone and their mother take the vaccine, COVID-19 won't go away. It's here to say forever, just like the flu.
    Way to completely miss the point as usual.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

LOL. Even if everyone and their mother take the vaccine, COVID-19 won't go away. It's here to say forever, just like the flu.
    What kind of an argument is that? It's here to stay forever, so let's not get the vaccine?
    Or maybe you WANT it to stay forever so you don't have to get the vaccine?

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied

At this point the only way out of this is for everyone to get freaking vaccinated.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    Nz just had its biggest day ever with 102 cases. Our vaccination rates sit at 86% single dose (those eliblgible) and 68% double dose with 78% booked in for second dose.

Restrictions are starting to come in for unvaccinated not only because cases have jumped to worse than ever but because that single Vax percentage has only increased by 4% in 3 werks while double has increased by 13%. It highly suggests that everyone willing and able to get vaccinated already has and that number isn't high enough for freedom.

Auckland has been in hard lockdown for 2 months now and ad a result the economy (Auckland holds almost 25% of the population) has slowed hard. The government are paying out fortnightly wage subsidies and 3 weekly business bumpers as long as anywhere in the country is in lockdown but the extensive restrictions are cause a lot of tension (some real intense rages going on).

A new system is being announced today that will eradicate levels 1 to 4 and use traffic lights instead. For instance an amber alert will mean businesses have the choice of either having a limited capacity in the venue or everyone that comes in needing to be fully vaccinated therefore essentially putting the unvaccinates in their own lockdown.

It's going to be absolutely brutal on businesses to have to make that call and monitor it. Particularly hospitality and retail. But it should incentivise enough people to push us over the 90% mark.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    One thing for sure, Turkey won't be going into a lockdown anytime soon

Daily new cases have never been under 20k and around 200 people die every day for the past 6 months so i doubt anything will change here soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X