replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Without mask and distance I am, right?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    The CDC has announced that fully vaccinated people are allowed to meet with other fully vaccinated people in small groups, in private settings.
    Great news!

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Without mask and distance I assume, right?
    Last edited by theMathematician; Yesterday, 23:44.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    The CDC has announced that fully vaccinated people are allowed to meet with other fully vaccinated people in small groups, in private settings.

Leave a comment:

• Parkelife
    replied
    Absolutely loads of college students wearing no masks and zero social distancing in Durham today, absolutely loads!
    ​​​​​​This is just one city, and probably the same in many other city's and towns.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

That’s what a friend of mine had to do, she hadn’t received information on her vaccine despite being clinically extremely vulnerable and she had to contact her GP.

I’m sure they’ll book your mum right in Mike if she’s part of one of the groups already identified as most in need of the vaccine.
    To be fair, she’s not clinically vulnerable but she is 60 and Wales have said mid-April is their target for over 50s, so hopefully she has it in the next 4 weeks. I’m being impatient but it’s frustrating how much further England are along.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Can she not call her GP? My mother (granted, in England) had to call and tell them she was eligible for one and they booked her straight in.
    That’s what a friend of mine had to do, she hadn’t received information on her vaccine despite being clinically extremely vulnerable and she had to contact her GP.

I’m sure they’ll book your mum right in Mike if she’s part of one of the groups already identified as most in need of the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Booked my vaccination

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    I feel sorry for my mum in Wales, heard nothing about her vaccine yet but people aged 56 and over can book online in England.
    Can she not call her GP? My mother (granted, in England) had to call and tell them she was eligible for one and they booked her straight in.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
    22,213,112 have had the 1st vaccination in the UK, now under 10 million to reach the next target.
    I'm so happy for you guys! That's 33% of the whole population. In my country, it's about 6%.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I feel sorry for my mum in Wales, heard nothing about her vaccine yet but people aged 56 and over can book online in England.

Leave a comment:

• Parkelife
    replied
    22,213,112 have had the 1st vaccination in the UK, now under 10 million to reach the next target.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    LOL sure cos 500 young and dumb adults matter in a country of 83 million people.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    jio : Sounds like the distribution of vaccines in your country is as messy as in my country. Wish you guys good luck!

In my country, there's been an illegal party with about 500 young adults recently, so people are clearly over this whole lockdown situation and it's better to have an opening strategy in a controlled way than keeping everything closed and people behaving in uncontrolled ways.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Lockdowns have been going on for almost a year on and off in most places. I am still waiting for these "riots" to begin because apart from a few flutters here and there there hasnt been much happening on the rioting front.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Meanwhile in Idaho..

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Well, in Greece the lockdown is pretty heavy and in my view completely unnecessary and idiotic since the main problem is not the number of cases (which are always few by european standards) but the lack of health care capacity due to the long economic crisis and the subsequent cuts everywhere.

In Cyprus the lockdown is pretty light, in fact the only thing we don't have is access to bars/restaurants and cafes other than take away and delivery, everything else is pretty much allowed and open. By opening the bars/cafes and restaurants now, I believe we will reach Czech numbers of infections soon (we were close to that before) and the result will be both closing everything including shops which are now open again thus damaging the economy even more and also not qualifying for a good summer holiday destination when the other countries will start allowing foreign travel. So I think they should just wait with the cafes/bars/restaurants but we have elections in less than 2 months so they have to mess everything up.

Another thing about Cyprus is the total waste of money on rapid tests, I mean we are less than 1 million people and we had done 45000 tests yesterday and 55000 tests before yesterday. They could have done less tests and bring more vaccines.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Greece and Cyprus know that they can't keep the lockdown before, don't they? In non-dictorship-countries, people will start rioting at one point because they stop seeing the point in being in a lockdown (= basic rights taken away) for ages.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Well, they are in lockdown for 5 months - a pretty heavy lockdown, there is a measurement index that gave it an 81 (whereas for example the Wuhan lockdown had an 82), the numbers dropped significally at first and that made Greece being a constant fix in the Top 5 of the lowest per capita infections, even going as high as #2 but then the numbers started rising until they had a record number for this year last week so now they will do a total lockdown for a week.

Here in Cyprus we made a partial re-opening one and a half week ago which lead to our cases tripling in a week and hospitalizations rising by 50% so as a result we will open everything next week plus we have opened our borders to everyone. Expect us to figure among Europe's worst-hit places by April.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    That shows that they don't care. A lockdown has the main purpose to lower the amount of cases significantly in a short period. If it does the opposite, it's because people stopped caring. It's the same in my country basically.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

How depressing that must be. After 5 months, no one's really caring much anymore, are they?
    Mmm I don't know if they are caring... but cases are rising despite the lockdown...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    For those living in England, the roadmap out of lockdown begins tomorrow. As a reminder, the following measures will be implemented from tomorrow...

Stage One (Part One): 8 March
    • All schools and colleges will reopen
    • University students can return for practical courses. There will be a review by the end of the Easter holidays for all other students
    • Face coverings are recommended in class for secondary school students and also for parents and staff in primary schools
    • Wraparound childcare can also return for vulnerable pupils and where it is needed for parents or carers to go to work, support groups or to seek medical care
    • Two people from different households can meet outside for recreation, which can include "a coffee on a bench"
    • One nominated person can visit care homes, but will need PPE, a lateral flow test and to "keep physical contact to a minimum"

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Queen Merkel has done amazing with the difficult and complicated Germanique people.
    ... but nobody is listening to her anymore.

BTW... I've got a letter with an invitation to get vaccinated. I am elated.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by jio View Post

Greece is in lockdown for 5 months now
    Is it really though?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by jio View Post

Greece is in lockdown for 5 months now
    How depressing that must be. After 5 months, no one's really caring much anymore, are they?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X