X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroline Flack found dead, having taken her own life

Utterly devastating.

RIP Caroline.

It’s made me think about our friend Serby - please talk to someone you trust or a confidential helpline if you’re struggling.

Is it actually confirmed she took her own life? Im mean all the signs kind of point to that, but BBC just said she's been found dead in her flat I think?
    1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
      Is it actually confirmed she took her own life? Im mean all the signs kind of point to that, but BBC just said she's been found dead in her flat I think?
      Yes, confirmed - a lawyer representing her family has confirmed it to the media.

Comment

I'm absolutely shocked by this.

Rest in peace, Caroline.

Comment

R.I.P. sad to read this

Comment

I have never heard of her but I always feel especially sad when someone takes their own life. I’ve been to the point of wanting to take my own life and I remember how hopeless and helpless I felt at those times.
            Be kind to one another folks! More importantly be kind to yourself!

Comment

Never watched this incarnation of Love Island but have previously loved her since the early noughties. Such a huge personality - gone.
              Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Camden Cox, Cigarettes After Sex, Cam, Leftwing:Kody, Zella Day, Janet Devlin, Empathy Test, Dagny, Steve Earle and The Dukes, Badly Drawn Boy, Josh Garrels, Owen Pallett, Tim Burgess

Comment

I'm just reading about the abuse allegations on her Wikipedia page now. I had no idea.

I've always felt that the people who are harbouring the most pain hide it so well. They slap a huge smile on their face and then go out into the world, and nobody from the outside looking in would know. It's awfully upsetting that people feel they have to try to survive in this way.

Comment

There's going to be a lot of people feeling guilty about the way they treated her. It's making me angry seeing those same people who went IN on her, now saying how awful it is and how no one should suffer in silence. Smh.

R.I.P Caroline. I've actually been a fan for a long time!
                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

I wasn’t too familiar with her from not watching anything she presented but this is incredibly sad. RIP

Comment

So so sad, she really grafted and clawed her way to a hugely successful tv and influencer career over the years and seemed so down to earth and likeable. I thought she was fab.

Yes she had some bad press recently but she seemed to be dealing with it despite the press and social media trying to tear her down.

Just because a feisty woman seems to continally be able to put on a brave face doesn't mean that face isn't a mask.

Heartbreaking.

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Oh wow that's really shocking. I know she had major personal life issues what with the assault case but i never expected it to come to this. I liked Caroline Flack when she used to present The x-tra factor.

Plus i thought she was a worthy winner of Strictly come dancing. The less said about Love island, the better.

R.I.P.

Comment

So sad, always enjoyed her on TV. I remember her from TMI on Saturday mornings and SCD. I always thought she came across well. The press have a lot to answer for in this instance.

Comment

RIP, sad to hear she was in so much turmoil things ended this way. She needed treatment/care as she seemed suicidal by the sounds of the phone call/police intervention when she attacked her boyfriend.

However I’ve seen a lot of people saying that it was wrong for the crown prosecution to pursue her case because her boyfriend didn’t press charges now that she’d dead....really not here for this take. Most victims of domestic abuse don’t press charges, but in a case by case situation they have to do what’s best to protect the victim from further violence (only around 10% of domestic abuse cases actually her prosecuted, with 75% ending in convictions).
                            late.

Comment

This is so tragic, I read a few reports when she was arrested that said she was acting erratically and threatening to take her own life while in custody. She was obviously troubled and the hounding by the press in recent months will have been awful for her.

I really hope this leads to some sort of change in the way the media report on celebrities - journalists will use their problems for clickbait without considering how it may harm. People like Piers Morgan and Dan Wooton from the Sun backtracking on their treatment of women and attempting to lead the tributes is sickening.

Comment

Piers and Dan’s tweets are horrid. They’re scum, plain and simple

Comment

Channel Four have pulled a show she filmed last year called The Surjury. Sounds like the worst idea for a reality show ever. She will appear in Michael Winterbottom's film Greed which is out on Friday and has Steve Coogan in the lead role. https://deadline.com/2020/02/carolin...ry-1202860853/
                                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Camden Cox, Cigarettes After Sex, Cam, Leftwing:Kody, Zella Day, Janet Devlin, Empathy Test, Dagny, Steve Earle and The Dukes, Badly Drawn Boy, Josh Garrels, Owen Pallett, Tim Burgess

Comment

I'm still quite sad about this, I didn't even have a strong opinion on her but it's probably one of the most shocking celebrity deaths yet because it seems so sudden and the immediate repercussions are still strong in terms of how so many other celebrities have responded, the petitions and the tributes on other shows.

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                      Piers and Dan’s tweets are horrid. They’re scum, plain and simple
                                      I want them to be fired and NEVER employed by anyone else ever.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Apparently she hung herself as well. So sad.

Comment

Working...
                                        X