Duffy reveals kidnap, drugging and rape ordeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy reveals kidnap, drugging and rape ordeal

Singer Duffy has revealed to fans that she was ‘raped and drugged and held captive’ before she took a break from the limelight. The singer posted a message telling fans what had happened to her on Instagram, revealing the reason she had stopped releasing music and had ‘disappeared’.

Duffy, real name Aimee Anne Duffy, 35, wrote: ‘You can only imagine the amount of times I thought about writing this. The way I would write it, how I would feel thereafter. Well, not entirely sure why now is the right time, and what it is that feels exciting and liberating for me to talk. I cannot explain it. Many of you wonder what happened to me, where did I disappear to and why.’

‘A journalist contacted me, he found a way to reach me and I told him everything this past summer. He was kind and it felt so amazing to finally speak. The truth is, and please trust me I am ok and safe now, I was raped and drugged and held captive over some days. Of course I survived. The recovery took time. There’s no light way to say it.’

She revealed it was difficult, but she had spent her time away from fame on healing from the horrific incident, adding: ‘But I can tell you in the last decade, the thousands and thousands of days I committed to wanting to feel the sunshine in my heart again, the sun does now shine.’
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Oh wow. Quite a story.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

How awful. Hope the guy who did this to her is caught and sentenced.

I did wonder what happened to her and why her second album isn't on Spotify.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

How horrifying that must have been for her. I always thought her departure from the industry was based on the sales alone.

I'm glad she has full recovered from the mental anguish that must have caused.

Comment

Sounds nothing short of horrific. To read that she can finally see the sun shining again is beautiful. Was actually just thinking about her earlier and still listen to her regularly. As long as she can be happy now... ❤️

Comment

How awful. I'm glad she's doing well. It must've been a very traumatic experience for her.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This is horrible. Glad she's doing better now. She had a rough time back then, because I also remember the news when there was a fire where she lived.

Comment

omg wow!! poor girl! I was listening to her randomly today!
                thank u, next

Comment

Yikes. When you read what Nicola Roberts went through too - stalked for five years - you realise there's a lot going on unseen.
                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

Working...
                  X