Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country legend Kenny Rogers has died

RIP to a legend.

He was 81 and apparently died peacefully of natural causes.

RIP to an icon. Had some great songs including The Gambler and Islands In The Stream.

Comment

I actually thought he died a while ago, but I was getting mixed up with Glen Campbell.
      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

a legend. I don't know much about him except his duets with Miss Parton. <3 RIP.
        My Chart

Comment

A true legend... The stuff he did with Lionel Richie and Dolly Parton ABSOLUTE CLASSICS... My mum tells me Islands In The Stream was her wedding song and I was four months in her womb

Comment

omg

Comment

I love Lady, Coward of the County, Islands In The Stream... and of course his Christmas duet album with Dolly. RIP
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

He was actually a way more diverse artist and accomplished musician than his pop-/country-ish/MOR crossover classics he is known for may suggest...
                R.I.P. Kenny
                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

RIP! I love Lady, Coward of the County and the songs the Bee Gees wrote for him (Islands in the Stream, This Woman, Eyes That See in the Dark, Evening Star).

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

r.i.p. <3

You Love The 90's Dance Era?
                    http://www.1.fm/station/partyzone90s

Comment

Yall gheys suddenly acting like yall knew who this 80+ yo country singer was
                      COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                        Ghetto Supastar prominently samples one of his songs. That’s as close as anyone from the hood will ever get to listening to one of his songs, tho his song “Lady” very nearly cracked the top 40 of the black airplay chart.

Anyway, Don’t like country but he was one of the biggest names ever in all of music.
                        Originally posted by beredy
                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Stop assuming what other do or don't know. It's not nice.

Comment

Legend. By becoming an early crossover artist and collaborating with the likes of Sheena Easton and Lionel Richie, he paved the way for the pop-country sound that has endured to the present day
                            >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

My mother is a big country fan. I grew up with the Kenny & Dolly Christmas album.

Comment

I have a couple of his hits records.
                                My favorite song of his is not one that would show up on most people's list, Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer (duet with Kim Carnes).
                                A huge loss for country music and for music in general.
                                Vaya con Dios Mr. Rogers.

M
                                My Comprehensive, Christmas LP topics

Comment

My heart breaks for Dolly's message. OMG. It actually infuriates me that aRat belittled his death and everyone who liked his music.
                                  My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                    My heart breaks for Dolly's message. OMG. It actually infuriates me that aRat belittled his death and everyone who liked his music.
                                    This has been dealt with appropriately.
                                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

My mom was his biggest fan ... he was a good songwriter...rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelito View Post
                                        I have a couple of his hits records.
                                        My favorite song of his is not one that would show up on most people's list, Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer (duet with Kim Carnes).
                                        A huge loss for country music and for music in general.
                                        Vaya con Dios Mr. Rogers.

M
                                        I'll give it a listen later tonight.

Comment

He may have settled for safe, middle-of-the-road material in later life but his earlier hits dealt with topics (sexual frustration borne of disability, revenge for gang rape) otherwise unheard of in the charts of the time!

Comment

Working...
                                          X