No announcement yet.

Engineer died after eating fish tank cleaner thinking it was coronavirus ‘cure’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineer died after eating fish tank cleaner thinking it was coronavirus ‘cure’

VIRUS TRAGEDY Engineer who died eating fish tank cleaner thinking it was Trump’s coronavirus ‘cure’ remembered as ‘kind and genuine’

AN engineer who died from drinking fish tank cleaner after mistakenly thinking it was a coronavirus cure has been remembered as a "kind" and "intelligent" man.

Gary Lenius and his wife Wanda, both in their 60s, drank chloroquine phosphate last month after confusing it for hydroxychloroquine, the drug previously touted by President Donald Trump as a COVID-19 killer.

Gary died on March 22, while Wanda was left in critical condition after ingesting the toxic chemical.

Friends of the 68-year-old Arizona resident memorialized him as an "genuine", "patient" and "sincere" human.

"Every now and then you meet somebody that is kind, genuine, patient, intelligent, helpful, sincere, and friendly, and you know right away you like this guy," one pal told the Washington Free Beacon Friday.

Gary spent more than 30 years working as a senior engineer at John Deere in Iowa.

Wanda said her late husband was "beloved by everybody" in an interview with the Free Beacon last month.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/114778...onavirus-cure/
    At a loss for words tbh...

Well. Would I dare say what I want to say...

(Shouldnt this be in the Corona thread tho?)
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
      Well. Would I dare say what I want to say...

(Shouldnt this be in the Corona thread tho?)
      Anything to make your hit thread #1 in the UKMIX Hot 100...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Anything to make your hit thread #1 in the UKMIX Hot 100...
        It's already the #1 topic of the world
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          An engineer who died from drinking fish tank cleaner after mistakenly thinking it was a coronavirus cure has been remembered as a "kind" and "intelligent" man..
          Aham

jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Idiot.
            THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Totally on Trump and his team though. If there's a lawyer who wants to make a name for himelf, this could quite be the case to lauch against Trump.
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I can't help but wonder how he managed to become an engineer in the first place.

I know it's mean, but I honestly can't feel sorry for them. Just too much stupidity involved in this whole scenario. Confusing chloroquine phosphate with hydroxichloroquine, because hey, everybody knows chemical names are just randomly made up words with no actual meaning to them, right? Taking medical advice from Doctor Donald, because why wouldn't he know? He knows everything, right? I mean, he said himself how all his experts are always in awe of how much he knows about this virus. Unlike those scientists all across the frigging globe, who are still searching for a treatment. Both apparently gobbling down that stuff without further research or consultation, because hey, what's the worst that could happen? Darwin Award nominee, for sure.

Trumptards will still defend their leader, though. It's definitely the WHO's fault. And Obama's.

Smh...

Comment

LittleLinda, Chloroquine Phosphate is an antimalarial in itself and is also investigated for use as an anti-COVID drug. Probably it was the strength/concentration/grade/additives that were different rather than the active substance itself (something that he should have known also). Moreover both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can cause significant heart problems so it is not as if hydroxychloroquine is safe.
                  jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Originally posted by jio View Post
                    LittleLinda, Chloroquine Phosphate is an antimalarial in itself and is also investigated for use as an anti-COVID drug. Probably it was the strength/concentration/grade/additives that were different rather than the active substance itself (something that he should have known also). Moreover both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can cause significant heart problems so it is not as if hydroxychloroquine is safe.
                    I never said that hydrochloroquine is safe or that chloroquine phosphate isn't studied as a Covid-19 remedy, my main issue is that they did not only take medical advice from Trump (of all people), but didn't even follow that (bad) advice by also taking a different substance altogether. All of which without further research or consultation.
                    Even if a positive effect was already confirmed, who in their right mind would drink fish tank cleaner as a treatment, anyway?
                    Dosage and additives are everything when it comes to the effect of any type of "medicine" on the human body... anyone who experiments on themselves like that is incredibly reckless and asking for disaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X