Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once broke, Kanye West is now a billionaire

Kanye West Is Now a Billionaire, Thanks Mostly to His Yeezy Sneaker Brand

It's official: Kanye West is now a billionaire.

Over the years, West's finances have remained mostly a mystery. But now, Forbes reports that the rapper-turned-footwear mogul has an estimated net worth of $1.3 billion.

West can attribute his entry into the billionaires club to his lucrative sneaker company, Yeezy. The sneaker brand -- which is produced, marketed and distributed by Adidas -- was on track to $1.3 billion in footwear revenue in 2019, according to a Bank of America document reviewed by Bloomberg.

While the bulk of West's income is generated from Yeezy, the rapper also possesses about $200 million in other assets, including real estate properties and his music catalog. Bloomberg reports that Ye's music catalog -- which includes everything from albums The College Dropout to Jesus is King -- is worth about $110.5 million, according to a valuation by the Valentiam Group.

In true West fashion, soon after Forbes published its story proclaiming him a billionaire, the rapper argued that he's actually worth more than that. “It’s not a billion,” West texted to Forbes. “It’s $3.3 billion since no one at Forbes knows how to count.”

West's personal accountant, David Choi, provided an unaudited balance sheet to Bloomberg, claiming rapper’s net worth to be $3.15 billion.

Indeed, West has come a long way since claiming to be $53 million in debt just four years ago. In February 2016, after revealing his financial woes on Twitter, the rapper also used the social media platform to personally ask Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg to invest $1 billion in his work.

"I write this to you my brothers while still 53 million dollars in personal debt... Please pray we overcome... This is my true heart...," West tweeted at the time. "Mark Zuckerberg invest 1 billion dollars into Kanye West ideas ... after realizing he is the greatest living artist and greatest artist of all time."

https://t.co/gWe3n2yC52
    The man will forever be unbearable.

West's personal accountant, David Choi, provided an unaudited balance sheet to Bloomberg, claiming rapper’s net worth to be $3.15 billion.
    I can make up numbers, too!
    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

I can make up numbers, too!
      That was my favourite part too.

His company is worth a billion though according to Forbes which can’t be too bad...

Comment

Can we rely on Forbes?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
          Can we rely on Forbes?
          Absolutely not.

This is not the IRS.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Muhhhhney.

Comment

I remember Yeezy being the meme/laughing stock for grossly overpricing very basic items

I hope this man becomes rich on the basis of his Yeezy reviews though
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Absolutely not.

This is not the IRS.
                While you are definitely right, I don't think Mr. Narcissist and his accountant's unaudited balance sheet are any more reliable.

Comment

Forbes like to label this and that celebrity as a billionaire. I guess its a tactic to gain young readers.

Comment

What a shame that such a good rapper has went downhill so badly and in such an embarrassing way.

I still think most Yeezy's are ugly.
                    thank u, next

Comment

So he's at his richest now in 2020 when his musical peak was in 2010 and he hasn't made headlines with his music in years? Maybe consumers should reconsider their consumers' behavior if Kanye West, Rihanna or Kylie Jenner can turn filthy rich by selling clothes and make-up.
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Kanye is not a billionaire. I hate these articles.

What is his cash flow? What are his assets? Debts?

100% bulls.hit.

Comment

A fake billionaire like Kylie Jenner: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#16a8299925f7

I knew something was off when they reported her being a self made billionaire. All these networth stories are just publicity stunts.

Comment

I think Gisele disputed their numbers once. She said something like " I do well, but not that well."
                            Maybe she was just hiding her true wealth, but no one ever questions their numbers. Most celebs will run with their numbers.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                              A fake billionaire like Kylie Jenner: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#16a8299925f7

I knew something was off when they reported her being a self made billionaire. All these networth stories are just publicity stunts.
                              Sometimes, but not always - the Kylie story is interesting, her accountant provided false figures to Forbes which resulted in them overestimating her numbers.

Comment

Forbes has zero credibility.

When they heard buzz that Jessica Simpson was making close to a billion in 2011, they dismissed her, made fun of her and then they got her for a full feature and press conference in 2014 to talk about the billon dollar empire, and how she is more successful than bigger artists in being consistent as a businesswoman, etc.

Last year, they hailed Kylie as a self-made billionaire and that created such a huge buzz everywhere, and now they are ripping her apart.

They are probably not getting enough money from these celebs as they expect.

Comment

^^^ I actually had the suspicion of Forbes being paid by celebrities but I did not want to come off as a hater.
                                  Media today is celebrity funded. That is why you will see certain Media outlets attacking only certain celebrities because it keeps there names out there. Not to go too far off topic but I do not trust Forbes.
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

Celebrity networth lists are almost always made up and paid by the ones on top of the lists. Forbes does this because it attracts young readers. A lot of celebrities aren’t as rich as they want their fans to think. The ones that try hard are the most suspicious ones. But of course, to say this means you’re a hater.

Comment

It’s all for hype. Bottom line. You think any celeb is going to tell them “here’s full access to my financial life”
                                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                      X