Elon Musk names son 'X A-12'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon Musk names son 'X A-12'

Elon Musk and singer Grimes welcomed a son on Monday, but the world puzzled over the baby's name. Musk said it was "X A-12," but it wasn't until Thursday, when the Tesla and SpaceX founder appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience, that he confirmed the name's pronunciation.

"How do you say the name?" Rogan asked. "Is it a placeholder?"

Apparently not. Musk says the name is pronounced "X Ash A Twelve," pretty much just as it looks. ("" is a character used in some languages, including Danish and Norwegian. It's often pronounced "ash," but some people pronounce each letter, saying "A E.")
    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Shouldn't the title be Elon Musk & Grimes name son ... because I'm sure they both decided that name?

Well, it's typical them and this was also in the media over here. Love Grimes and somehow I still feel this isn't their son's real name.

Comment

I read about this, but also read it won't be his legal name because California doesn't allow that kind of nonsense. They don't even allow diacriticals.

Comment

I posted this on Grimes' thread when it was actually announced DAYS ago, but too bad nobody cares to check out her...
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Crikey...

Comment

They'll Probably reduce all of ...that and he'll go by 'Ash'. That seems to be the easiest part of his name to 'get' even if it's in the format.
            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              Crikey...
              To be honest, his private life could easily keep up with the Kardashians. He only gets the credit because of his fortune and the scientific knowledge he's got. Beyond that, there's not much substance though.
              Don't need hindsight
              I'll make my emotions clear
              And then disappear
              With one strike
              (All Saints)

Comment

so bill, billy, or mack or buddy

Comment

Shouldn't the thread title be "Elon Musk and Grimes try to name son X A-12"?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                    My thread my title

Comment

How do you pronounce this? I know one part of it is Ash

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                        How do you pronounce this? I know one part of it is Ash
                        Xasha 12

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post

My thread my title
                            Well he didn't push that baby out of his penis so atleast mention her name for Christ sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Well he didn't push that baby out of his penis so atleast mention her name for Christ sakes.
                              I am not religious so

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Admittedly, the point that mattered even more to me was that they tried, but it was rejected.
                                Like, "stop spreading that that's his actual name when it's not".
                                But yeah, we can safely assume that they BOTH agreed on the name... and she's just as much of a "celebrity" as he is, so why pretend like she's got nothing to do with it?

Comment

Due to Californian law, the name was changed from "X A-12" to "X A-Xii".
                                  Last edited by theMathematician; Tue May 26th, 2020, 14:11.
                                  Don't need hindsight
                                  And then disappear
                                  With one strike
                                  (All Saints)

Comment

^ That is not much better Stilll don't know how you would pronounce such a name....

Comment

Ex-Ash-Ey-Twelve. Elon Musk is living in his own fantasy world and if he wasn't that rich, he'd probably be called 'white trash' considering his lifestyle.
                                      Don't need hindsight
                                      And then disappear
                                      With one strike
                                      (All Saints)

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                        Due to Californian law, the name was changed from "X A-12" to "X A-Xii".
                                        Wth? What even is the point of that? Also, I'm surprised that the wasn't an issue, as it is barely known in the US and will make it tremendously difficult when required to enter your name into an electronic system somewhere. Hell, I have an "" in my last name which according to German rules can be replaced with "oe" if need be, but it continues to give me trouble when dealing with foreign authorities, because they tend to replace it with a simple "o" which turns my name into something different from the official spelling(s) in my passport.
                                        I also heard from a US Latino, that many systems aren't even capable of processing two last names without a hyphen - which shouldn't really be that difficult to do, should it?

The poor kid has my deepest sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                          Ex-Ash-Ey-Twelve. Elon Musk is living in his own fantasy world and if he wasn't that rich, he'd probably be called 'white trash' considering his lifestyle.
                                          This. Poor people are crazy. But when you're rich, you're just "eccentric".

Comment

LittleLinda : I'm sure that if Musk's parents had given him such a weird name, he wouldn't have passed a similar one to the next generation because he'd know how it feels to be discriminated based on your name. But how are Claire and Elon supposed to know...
                                            Don't need hindsight
                                            And then disappear
                                            With one strike
                                            (All Saints)

Comment

Imagine you are his son's teacher.

Comment

Child cruelty, shouldn't be allowed to have children.
                                                1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Working...
                                                X