Minneapolis + Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    The Music Industry is planning a Black Out Tuesday tomorrow in support of Black Lives Matter.
    No radio adds tomorrow, no new release, etc
    Music labels have put out joint statements simulltaneously.
    would this have made more sense on a Friday though? For releases at least.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post

would this have made more sense on a Friday though? For releases at least.
      Yes, but you know label executives...nothing more important than money.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Trump is asking for Governors to use the army and not hesitate to shoot down protestors.
        This is CRAZY.
        The local police forces have totally lost control, so I’m not surprised - it’d be devastating if the army got involved.

Comment

Trump goes on about rioters being "thugs". The police are the real thugs, instigating riots, beating up protesters for no reason, throwing women around, blinding reporters.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/u...m_source=twCNN

(CNN)Two Atlanta Police Department officers were fired Sunday after video showed them using "excessive force" against two college students during Saturday night's protests, Atlanta's mayor announced.

Officers were filmed in downtown Atlanta breaking the windows of the vehicle the two people were in, yanking a woman out of the car and tasing the man. Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields said she recognized the two as Spelman College and Morehouse College students. Both schools are historically black colleges in Atlanta.
          "It was the worst experience of my life," said the woman, identified as Taniyah Pilgrim, 20. She said she and her friend Messiah Young, the man in the video, were riding home from protests when the incident took place.Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said she was disturbed when she saw the video and ordered charges to be dropped against the man. The woman was not charged.
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-violence.html

Police Erupt in Violence Nationwide

By MATTHEW DESSEM

The ongoing protests following the killing of George Floyd were caught up in violence again on Saturday, as police all over the country tear-gassed protesters, drove vehicles through crowds, opened fire with nonlethal rounds on journalists or people on their own property, and in at least one instance, pushed over an elderly man who was walking away with a cane. Here are some of the ways law enforcement officers escalated the national unrest.

Numerous tweeted examples of police brutality over the weekend in that article

and here's Jimmy Dore (ex Young Turks channel) with more - and he pulls no punches on his feelings towards the police. Ex military steroided thugs are being employed to deal with protesters. One here has no issue with pushing a woman so hard she gets concussion. Another throws a guy head first into the side of a cop car.
          (rewind the video)

And here's the reporter who was blinded in one eye by police but is still carrying on doing her job.
          https://twitter.com/KillerMartinis

Last edited by Blondini; Mon June 1st, 2020, 19:20.
          Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

^^^This is why protests and riots are necessary. I'm afraid that this will die down and we will go back back to business as usual until the next incident.
            It will die down but unless police violence dies down too it will be back with a vengeance.
            jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              The local police forces have totally lost control, so I’m not surprised - it’d be devastating if the army got involved.
              The army's already gotten involved. The National Guard has been deployed in about two dozen states already.
              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Utterly appalling but not surprising. After all, these pos cops have made a habit of killing black men for sport ever since my grandparents were my age. And if it’s not cold-blooded murder, then it’s a random Karen holding a black couple at gun point at a campground. If they’re not literally trying to kill us, they’ll try to kill our spirits instead.

We could use some anarchy, we need to show the world that the 400+ years of black oppression, appropriation, genocide and anguish that they bestowed upon us is finished for good! We are NOT going to take this anymore, we will do whatever it takes to ensure that they don’t even look at us the wrong way anymore, and that’s by any means necessary. Rest assured that when I finish work this week, I will be fighting for retribution and for our right to exist alongside my fellow brethren.
                Originally posted by beredy
                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                    The people who are saying 'all lives matter,' don't get the point, they make me angry too.

I love this picture.

It's like saying 'all cancer is important' on a post about breast cancer

​​
                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

There are many police destroying things as well. Most protesters are not even acting the way the media is portraying.

Diva!!!

Comment

I knew they were lying with the first autopsy. I am so glad they did another one. So no, they need to also arrest the person that performed the first autopsy. They were lying, saying he overdosed.
                        Diva!!!

Comment

It's good to finally see a thread about this.

Comment

Did Trump just declare war on the American people?

Comment

• Marchum
                              Marchum commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No, he did not. He basically threatened to invoke the Insurrection Act . He needs the Congress for that. The mf is doing what he does best, talking bs to scare us.

Biden Proposes Training Cops to Shoot Attackers in the Leg

Joe Biden said Monday that police -- if facing a threat from a person with "a knife or something" -- should be trained to “shoot ‘em in the leg instead of the heart,” amid five straight days of protest following the death of George Floyd.

“Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something, shoot ‘em in the leg instead of in the heart,” Biden said in an address to black community leaders in Wilmington, Del.

Last edited by Jonathan; Tue June 2nd, 2020, 06:27.
                            >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Me too! I've been in comments....even the drag queens. I had to get Blair St.Clair together with her All live matter shit. She deleted the posted and re uploaded then turned off comments. I posted on another pic (expressing thanks) and she deleted my comment.

There is so much ignorance.
                              So when you protest, you are angry and want to be heard you must rob the stores, rob TVs, cash etc? Didn't know that...

Comment

• Marchum
                                Marchum commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Bye.
                                Last edited by Marchum; Wed June 3rd, 2020, 08:53.

Originally posted by Cmyk View Post

So when you protest, you are angry and want to be heard you must rob the stores, rob TVs, cash etc? Didn't know that...
                              Considering a huge disproportionate chunk of blacks are living in poverty, and born without any chance of improving their life conditions, it's only normal that you have people which have other focuses rather than fighting for freedom.

I have also seen videos of white cops looting... So you can choose what you focus on, when the reality is the majority of protests are being peaceful, and there have been many very aggressive police responses to peaceful protests. There are numerous reports of media being repressed or silenced, and so on.

So yes, the looting doesn't do the movement any favour. But focusing on it while at the same time ignoring the police brutality, systemic oppression and fascist leaning actions is hypocritical and inhumane.

The truth is slavery in America has just changed its form. Many many cities are ran by black and poor people, for the whites only.

​​​
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

It seems the police are just attacking anybody and everybody now without consequence? Old people with sticks, reporters, young people all just being rammed to the ground by shields.
                                THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

I just found found that the average police officer training lasts 19 weeks in the US - which is surprising from a German point of view as the training lasts 3 years here (and some even go to college if they want to approach a higher position).
                                  Don't need hindsight
                                  I'll make my emotions clear
                                  And then disappear
                                  With one strike
                                  (All Saints)

Comment

19 unarmed citizens shot dead by the police in 2020 (10 white, 3 black, 3 Hispanic, 3 other)

via Washington Post

27 killed, 92 shot in Chicago weekend gun violence Just this weekend. Those 27 victims will not be acknowledged by celebrities, Black Lives Matter. There will be no Blackout Tuesday or protests, neither will be the innocent citizens the tweets above mention. Just making an observation.

R.i.P. George Floyd, what happened was truly terrible and I hope the cop gets a life for it, the other three should be arrested too.

What is also appalling is that Derek Chauvin (the cop who was arrested) had 18 previous complaints against him and was still allowed to work as a police officer, so that should be investigated, too.

Would be nice if the rioters could focus on it instead of who to kill next, what place to loot next or how to make a molotov but they are not doing it for George Floyd or against police brutality, just for money.

Looter out during George Floyd protests admits his motive was getting money
                                    Last edited by Nippian93; Wed June 3rd, 2020, 10:27.
                                    Whitney Houston

Comment

Stop spreading this republican propaganda. Yes. There are people looting and destroying things but people have been silent for too long. Don't you see that the first tweet is actively only posting black officers for obvious reasons? People are dying yes but they have been all the time because of the system. And those 27 victims to gun violence is probbaly not even much higher than the average Chicago weekend. I'm not normalizing any deaths. But this is a form of propaganda to paint these prostesters out to be some vicious animals. The majority is peaceful. The looters only come to steal and have nothing in common with the protests. Majority is white too. Police is actively startring these riots by shooting rubber bullets and tear gas (which is a chemical wepaon banned in war!). It's sad these small business owners are suffering too but it's a systemaitc problem if they cannot recover from this
                                      Last edited by BeeBoy; Wed June 3rd, 2020, 10:40.
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

JUST A MF GLIMPSE:

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

And it doesn't stop, just take 5 minutes out of your live and watch these videos I posted....

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Honestly... i do not think that all of this is damaging Donald Trump in the slightest. If it were... more people would be on the streets and show a united front against systemic racism and police brutality (and quite frankly, abuse of power by the president).

That picture with the bible is EXACTLY what his followers want to see... and he has an ishload of followers...

He is clearly unfit to be the president... I don't know why Congress / Senat haven't removed him from office yet.

America because of its government is literally looking like a 3rd world country now. BTW what was up with Trudeau... when he was asked what he thought about all of this, the Primie Minister of Canada knew no answer.

Right now... (and more than ever before)... the American public is in a political stalemate. Republicans versus Democrats and Susan Sarandon for Harambe.
                                              My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by Cmyk View Post

Sweetie, go sit on a damn stick!

Where in this comment did I mention anything about looters? Where did I mention anything about rioting? This is the ignorance I’m talking about! This right here!

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  Honestly... i do not think that all of this is damaging Donald Trump in the slightest. If it were... more people would be on the streets and show a united front against systemic racism and police brutality (and quite frankly, abuse of power by the president).

That picture with the bible is EXACTLY what his followers want to see... and he has an ishload of followers...
                                                  Problem for him is followers represent only about a third of the public. That's not enough to win the presidency without suppressing the rest of the electorate.

Comment

You might be right about the trump part. that it's probably not hurting him since his supporters obviously don't care about racism. I'm scared that he really could be re-elected in November after all the things that he has done. But there are protests in EVERY american state. Millions of people in over 160 cities. For over a week now. International protests are follwing. London and Paris were already huge. Social media is flooded too. If a change is going to come remains to be seen but this is a huge movement
                                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

The media's coverage is disgraceful.
                                                      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

This has definitely hurt Trump which is why he and his republican buddies are going as hard as they are. The fact that there are more White people protesting than anyone is getting under his skin.

People are simply tired of the bs. There are just too many cases of severe injustic in EVERYTHING.

DONT NOT LET THE REPUBLICANS SPREAD MORE LIES.
                                                        Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                        X